Saturday, 16 April 2011

The solo

Ok, so here comes a little update regarding the solo plans I have had.

I had planned to release my solo album now when we have had a break from Nightwish. The solo was meant to be a fun thing and a thing for me to start doing my own songs since that is something I feel I want to learn more about. When I got pregnant with Nemo I felt that I didnt want to stress during the pregnancy since my pregnancy with Seth was hard and I had to take it very easy. So to not "jump in" and promise things I couldnt keep, I put the solo down.

When Nemo came and I felt that he was healthy and I also felt good, I started to feel that I could put the album out and still had time to do that. We started to discuss with different labels but the progress took so much time and things happened along the way - the biggest thing being a producer who suddenly couldnt do it due to personal problems - and all of a sudden it was april and my time is running out. So I pulled the break yesterday and just said thanks but no thanks to the record label cause it cant be done at this time.

My autumn is quite full with Imaginarium so the solo will have to wait to be released. I will work with the production of the songs when I have the time and if I get a song ready I will put it out for you all to listen, but there wont be an album out. Then after Imaginarium and the tour - if I still feel like releasing it - I will do that then;=)

16 comments:

  1. Hey dear Nettie, how are you? How are the boys?
    I hope everything went well with the recordings.
    I would really love to hear your songs, but I will respect anything you decide :)
    Wish you all the best
    Big hugs to you and Johan, especially to Seth & Nemo

    Love

    Ena :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad :( its supposed to be something different from Nightwish and id love to hear you sing other musical styles... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anette,
    if this is your decision i respect it but i will be very happy if you will you post a song! It will be rock or pop album? Sorry if you told it but i don't remember. XD

    Thank you for explanation!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anette,
    if you don't feel all right about releasing the solo album now, we can't blame you. You may had all the reasons and, fortunately, you shared them with us all.
    Personally i was excited about listening a whole solo album by you but it's okay if you wanna take care about Nemo and Imaginarium now, i would have been surprised if you did something else ;)

    Kiss
    Anna from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anette!
    I can't wait to hear your solo album, but I respect all your decisions.
    With your beautiful voice both albums will be great! <3
    I wish you all the best with Imaginarium and solo album!

    Lots of love,
    Aleksandra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Anette,

    Well, as much as I think many of us were very much looking forward to the solo album, I am glad you have decided to wait if the time still doesn’t feel right to you. And with all these conditions and complications that keep arising around it, perhaps it is simply meant to wait since there are other aspects to focus on in your life right now – like your family and Nightwish :). If you should manage to prepare any songs, I would, of course, love to hear them, but I fully respect and understand that your time is filled with other things right now. I am very glad to hear that you have decided to keep the solo album as something that is meant to be a fun project alone, and that you’re not stressing over it and simply doing what feels right :). Because when it comes to a decision of that type, that’s what matters the most.

    Well, on another note, I would like to say I think it is such a wonderful thing that you have donated your dress to be sold for money for Japan, it really makes my heart ache to think of what’s happening there, and I am so glad so many people are able to give assistance, for it all matters :).

    Seems like you had a lovely Friday, thank you for the pictures, it’s wonderful to know that you finally have some nice weather to enjoy now that you’re home, one can only hope Finland will catch up soon!

    Well, I suppose that is all for now. I pray the rest of your day is a beautiful and enjoyable one :).

    Take care,
    Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anette. Two days ago, I was going to ask you about your new solo project, but you we've updated it:) Excellent! I have a question ... I have understood you have chosen the rock instead of metal for this project. You have special reasons for this or simply because you like the idea? Hopefully you can answer this. I look forward to hearing the new album of Nightwish! Hugs from Uruguay

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am bored from 4 years
    please release your new stuff as far as possible Anette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anette,
    Thats some tough luck going on about your solo project. It sounded so close to you actualy releasing it, and now its going to be delayed...
    again, tough luck, and sorry for you.

    Thanks for the nice photos. They are much better in qualty then the ones I've seen you post as of late. Enjoyable they are,and waiting for more!
    Ok so take care,
    lots of love,
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's complicated...
    But I think you can do it! ;)
    Kisses and Hugs.
    Letícia Monique

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay :) Im sure the solo will be worth the wait :)

    Cant wait for Imaginarium too!!!


    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. With Imaginarium due out, this is probably a great decision. I'm not a musical artist, but thinking of releasing a band album, plus touring/developing and recording your own album and making time for family, that would really be tough.

    Maybe once Imaginarium tour is complete you'll have the time to decide what you want to do. Either way there will still be great music in the future, and that is never a bad thing! Enjoy your Sunday, Anette!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I look forward to listen to your solo album!
    I just bought the CD/DVD "Made in Hong Kong" (I know, I should have bought it ages ago) and watched and listened to the whole thing today. I finished and ran here to read your blog, since it's been a long time I didn't came here (past weeks were very busy for me). It's so good to have news from you, I feel closer to you, feel like you're a friend of mine... ok, you probably are thinking "wow, this girl is crazy", hahahahaha! But's the sad truth. :P And I don't forgive myself for not going to your concert here in Rio, in 2008.
    Anyways, I think you really must release a solo album. It is good to change things a bit. If you keep with the idea of releasing your album, I wish you the best luck with it, and - as I said before - I can't wait to hear it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry that the solo project isn't working out right now. I'll be happy if you do release it someday, because it would be nice to hear you do other musical styles besides Nightwish. I hope you can find the right time someday.

    Hugs,
    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anette! Comment for this whole two weeks. Thank you for following your dream and making brave and honest decisions. This recording period, coming tour, putting the solo for a break, being a mum... You are encouraging all of us, especially we mums. All the best for you! And enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete