
Good morning everyone!
I don´t know how the weather is where you are but here in Sweden it´s so dreadful...raining, windy and totally grey...
I thought I should write some small anecdotes here from my life and experience as a singer in different kinda bands and other things I have done and today I will start by telling you all about my very first talent show I sang in.
I was 12 or 13 years old and there was an add for a local talent show in the bigger village close by where we lived and since I loved to sing and my dream was to be a singer I wanted to participate. Before this I had been on stage a couple of times together with my mum and her band so I had been on stage but never ever alone like this.
I decided to sing a very well-known song: sometimes when we touch which is such a beautiful and nice song to sing. There was a band playing so it was totally live. I was so incredibly nervous and I can still remember the feeling that I didn´t know where to look and my legs shaking so much I thought I was gonna fall down on stage. I got the advice to look at a point above the audiences head instead of looking directly into their eyes, so I saw a big painting in the back of the hall and that was where I started to stare;;=) Oh my god, I just stood there and stared at that painting, concentrating to sing the song as perfect as I could. After half the song I felt that I had the courage to look down a little bit on the audience and just turned my eyes down and slowly started to look at the first line of people....
That was a big mistake! After just some seconds my eyes fell upon my big sister and she was sitting there crying her eyes out! I got so stressed since I didn´t understand why she was crying and almost lost my concentration on my performance so, as fast as a cat, I turned the look up to that painting again and didn´t look down at anyone the whole remaining of the song;=)
(my sister told me afterwards that the reason she cried was because she was so proud of her little sister;=)
So the tip of today is: when performing and being nervous, look above the audience. Just above the peoples heads so that for them, it looks like you are looking at them, but the fact is you aren´t;=)
That is a very nice episode, thank you for sharing this. I would probably lose my concentration anyway if I would stare people in the face whilst performing (not that I do), I would quickly fix on what people wear and would think "Wow, these earrings are really cool ... of hey wait ... what was that line again?! Oh no ..."
ReplyDeletePS: this blog is a very nice idea!
Wow, it is so nice to see how you started this blog and actually add something on it on each day! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for replying to the head voice question, I didn't think it would happen so fast! Also, again, congratulations for what you have managed to do with it in such a short while since you've started using it live.
On another note, I've bought tickets to the Artmania festival in Romania in July and can't wait to see Nightwish live in there! I'm sure it will be a great show and hope you'll have a nice time too.
Despite the heavy rain and all, I hope you have a great weekend! =)
Omg! Soon I'm going to perform live for the very first time, and I'm really terrified =(
ReplyDeleteMaybe this entry's tip will help me ^^
Anyway, I like the way you are and please don't you ever change, we all need someone like a blond, swedish and cheerful singer!
Best Wishes,
Val
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeletevery nice episode really!
This blog is and was a fantastic idea because you share with us your experiences, ideas.
This blog is fantastic.
Haha :D Great advice! I'm very shy person and I use to sing my eyes closed or staring somewhere beyound the horizon :D
ReplyDeleteI have to say that you are great stage-person! You took so much contact to the crowd :) I live in Nothern Finland (next to Levi) and I was your gig in Levi december 2007 and after that gig I was HUGE Anette-fan. :) (yeah, and Emppu-fan also :D) You were so warm and cheerful and get the whole audience in the mood. That's a gift I think!
I would like to know more about your vocal range :) Somedays there is a great debate on the Forum for do you have a same vocal range than Tarja Turunen or not :D
btw. I love your lower sounds when you sing. You can put so much power and emotions in it. When I sing low with my not-so-powerful voice I sound like a.. well.. a cow. :D
Hi Anette, this blog is a very nice idea :) I saw you twice in France and I really love the way you were taking care of the audience instead of just standing there and sing your songs. You seem to be a very nice girl, and you're also talented and drop-dead gorgeous. I'm jealous ;)
ReplyDeleteI have a few questions for you, if you happen to have enough time to answer them it would be wonderful! You are such a queen of style, I was wondering where do you buy your outfits and how do you choose them? Do you buy them at home in Sweden or do you go shopping when you're on tour? And what are your favourite clothes: dresses, shoes, jewels, accessories?
I'm definitly adding your blog to my favourite sites, and I'll be sure to check it daily! Thank you Anette for being so nice with your fans, you rock!
Hi Anette! Wonderful blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your advices! I love to sing too..
You are a cute person..
Giulia
Oh my, that's so nice to know more about you ^^
ReplyDeleteAnd I also cried when you sang since it was so BEAUTIFUL (Dead Boy's Poem, for example). Hehe, since the time is dreadful over there, you can always come to our Adriatic sea, and enjoy swimming in our beautiful sea ^_^
*and I can be your tourguide lol*
Hei Anette
ReplyDeleteNice to hear from you :)
I cry everytime when I see you on stage :) You are so a wonderfull person
love you lots
Ohh, that´s really nice text. Wonderful that you write this kind of story! <3
ReplyDeletePS. I like your smiley like this ;=)
And I love your smile too :) <3
I love this blog, great that you have a good connection with your fans. :-D
ReplyDeletelooking at that story..now you're singing in front of thousands and thousands of people. ;-)
Saw you in London (Brixton) in March, I love the way you sing Romanticide, and what you did with the end of Ghost Love Score. Seeing you and the guys again in September at Hartwall Areena.
Best of luck for the summer festivals and shows...
Ryan.
You picked the right time to go to the park then,yesterday before the rain! It's lovely and sunny in England!
ReplyDeleteNice story about your first time singing to an audience. I should think most young people are frozen to the spot in those circumstances. Were you as nervous the first time you did a concert with Nightwish? It must have been so different to what had gone before.
Tom - UK Fan Club
thank you for sharing with us your fist experience.. ;)
ReplyDeletei have a question to ask..do you read the comments we are writing here..? i don't why but i nedded to ask this.. :D
Take care darling! Have a beautiful day!
Good morning Anette, it's a very nice episode of you life! In Italy too today is cloudy and very hot. Have a nice day! Kisses
ReplyDeleteHi Anette,
ReplyDeleteIt's sad to hear Sweden has bad weather. Here in Saarland/Germany the weather is totally sunny. =)
Looking forward to see you in Helsinki!
Rock on!
Good morning Anette, hope you have a great day even if it is raining. I hope these nice replies will brighten up your day.
ReplyDeleteThat was such a sweet story and thankyou for sharing. I have a couple of questions that are slightly off topic but nevermind..
Where did you come up with Hep! Hep! Hep!? we all love it and wonder how you came up with it to get the crowd going, there is even a Hep! Hep! Hep! army ;-)
Also.. seeing as the eurovision song contest has just finished (I voted for Sweden as it was unusual and should have done better) have you ever condidered entering yourself for Sweden?
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteblog on, i really love reading your stories. And you should get a copyright for your smileys with the broad nose, not many people are using them anymore. ;=)
Have a wonderful day
Good morning Anette =),
ReplyDeleteOh talking about bad weather ... here it's not so good either =(. We had a beautiful sunny day, yesterday, and it was pretty hot ... but today ... it's cloudy and it seems like it's going to rain anytime soon. Oh well.
That episode was really nice =). Thanks for sharing it with us. It reminds me when I used to dance ballet, when I was 10. I was so nervous because I was dancing in front of so many people and I thought I couldn't make it. The good thing was, with all lights on me I almost couldn't see the crowd eh eh =).
Once again, thanks for this blog. I still can't believe my favorite singer has her own blog, wow =D.
Hope you have a nice weekend and wish you all the best, to you and your family.
All my love,
Barbara - Portugal
Good morning,
ReplyDeletehej, it sounds smart ;=)
is this the song? -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICsfbYPmpLU
it's very nice you are sharing your experience with us ;)
anette, where are you now? sweden again?
We just see you got time enough for memories :)) hee he, how nice!
p.s.
THE WEATHER IN ITALY IS SHINING!! VERY HOT
Poochie
www.ANETTEOLZON.tk
Sorry about the weather, it is beautiful here in London :) for once. :D
ReplyDeleteI admire you for your confidence, singing and talking to people you don't know must be so hard.
*laughs* Wow...that's such a cute story. I remember going on stage once and I was terrified but luckily the lights were only on me so I didn't see anyone else. It was so exhilarating. I can't imagine how you feel when you perform for so many people so frequently
ReplyDeleteHi Anette! Here are some wallpapers that I made for you!You rule! And you are the BEST singer!♥
ReplyDeletehttp://i42.tinypic.com/33casma.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2zqxymx.jpg
Ahh, that was a nice little story to read.
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice that you tell us what's going on there and that you tell some things about your life. I hope that the weather will be good very soon. Here in the Netherlands it's so sunny. I will send the sun to you ^^
Hope to read something soon.
Bye! :)
I wish that I had been given that piece of advice about looking above the audience a lot sooner, but thank you for sharing that now! And what a cute story about your sister :) I hope the rain clears up for you soon. There's nothing worse than a rainy weekend when you want to be outdoors enjoying yourself.
ReplyDeleteAnette, we are proudy of you... don't forget it! Thank you so much for alwayas answer me at my pm in the forum and for remember me! You don't how make me feel so happy! I love you so much! Big hug to you.
ReplyDeletePs: this the forum that i've talked about: http://thecross.byethost13.com/phpBB2/index.php You can join when you want and you will be always welcome!
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you are writing blog often,
here is sunny weather, too bad that is bad in sweden.
your story about your first talent show, how sweet, i like this song =)
Enjoy,
(hope the weather will be bettwr tomorrow)
That was such a great story and a great piece of advice. Thank you for sharing that with us. I remember the first time I was up on stage it was because my mom had designed and made this outfit that they wanted featured in a fashion show. I somehow got recruited to model the kid version of it. I was so terrified I could hardly remember the steps that they taught me earlier that day ^.^''
ReplyDeleteIt was sunny over here yesterday but now it's really cloudy. Hope the weather clears up soon!
Here , in Croatia is sunny! Too bad that is raining in Sweden.
ReplyDeleteStory about the talent show is great!
Don't worry! The weather will be better tomorrow ;-)
Nettan, thanx for the tip! ^^
ReplyDeleteLast year I did something like you mencioned on the tip... when I was playing a Deep Purple song on the guitar in a music school show last year I dediced to look above the audicence and then the stress went down. I performed very well though a few guests of mine appeared there... =(
Oh, about my town weather... here in Curitiba it's always mood! It's hot and cold in the same day! xP
Ahh, that's good singing advice, Anette! I'll try it too~ I'm going to sing live at my company's annual summer picnic next month. It will be nothing like a real concert, but I'm still nervous about it~ :P I hope I can become as confident and exciting a live performer as you someday!
ReplyDeleteHi Anette
ReplyDeleteI think this was a good idea of you, to start a blog :) It's nice to read all this kind of stuff of you :D
I totally can uderstand this, I can't sing ( it sound awfull) but when I need to speak for a group and they're all watching you, I'm getting nervous.. So now I'm always watching to the wall behind them :) \
Danielle