Hi and very very welcome to my very own blog;=)
I have been thinking about starting this for a while to keep you posted about my work and also sometimes how I feel and what´s up here in Sweden. Exactly how the blog will turn out I dont know yet, we will see along the way but of course some blogs about when we are out on gigs and tours and my own little side projects too. Since I also am a bit crazy about clothes and exercising I guess these things also can come up now and then. I wont tell you anything about my personal life since it is something I have protected and decided long ago to keep to myself and this decision is based on me being a very private person even if I am a "celebrity" in a way.
I hope this blog still can be interesting since Nightwish fans and my fans can follow me during my travel in the music and life of NIghtwish;=)
Take care and see you soon again!
Anette
Wednesday, 20 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ehi Anette, it's great that you are taking some time to post a blog, thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteIt would be great to hear something about your singing tecnique every now and then, and about clothes, too ;)
See you soon!
Valeria
Oh Anette I love you :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute, you do lots for the fans thats great :)
You are a great singer!
Keep it up
Hi Anette, finally the blog has coming out! Thanks for posting! I hope you have a good time! Big hugs
ReplyDeleteArianna
Hi Anette, finally your blog is out!
ReplyDeleteThanks so mcuh for posting, really!
Hope to read something of interesting and new!
Kiss
Miriam "NocturnalConcerto"
I'm so happy you've started a blog! You seem to be such a warm and friendly person that it'll be great for your fans to be able to share things like your music, your style, your thoughts on life, etc.
ReplyDeleteLike the first person to comment, I'd be interested in knowing a bit about your singing technique too. My voice is somewhat like yours (strong and rich chest voice, light and sweet head voice), but I can't get my chest voice to go nearly as high as you can! I'm amazed at your vocals on Escapist particularly - that's a very demanding song, and I find it very difficult to keep chest voice as much as you seem to do! (Sounds to me like you only use head voice for the high note in "heaVY heart"! I have to do it for the whole chorus.)
Was so chuffed to hear you sing Escapist live in Brixton, London on March 11th of this year! Fair play to you. Ditto on songs like Ghost Love Score, Dead Boy's Poem, and Romanticide - I never thought I'd see those live, as I only discovered Nightwish when you joined. It was such a special night.
Thank you so much for your amazing performance in Brixton. I hope you got a share in the presents for the band that I passed on to Tuomas after the concert! Sadly, my friend and I had to go before you came out, in order to catch the last tube back to the hostel where we were staying (we came over to London from Dublin especially to see Nightwish - but we did meet you at the Dublin concert last year, and you were really nice to us).
Anyway, thanks again for starting this blog. You rock. Keep on rocking! :-D
Hey Anette!
ReplyDeleteHow are you?
The Anette Olzon Central wants to congratulate with you for your official SITE & BLOG, very nice ones :)
You are welcome on the web ;)
You know that we follow you since you began nightwish singer, with your first fansite ever! We are proud and honoured about that,
and we would be glad if you liked it!
Beside that, we all know you are a very simple girl, and be sure we consider you a very 'normal' human being with feelings like us all..of ..course...with the ability of letting them out through singing!
The only strange and funny thing is when you go crazy for clothes & style yeah ahahahaha :=P
big hugs and kisses,
Poochie
AnetteOlzonCentral since May 2007
www-ANETTEOLZON.tk
Hi Anette, i just wanna ask one thing. I've send you an e-mail by Petri for Easter wishes. I was wondering if you got it.
ReplyDeletePs: i'm a girl that always send pm in Nightwish's forum.
Hi Anette! How are you?
ReplyDeleteFinally a blog, that's amazing!
I wish the best things to you.
Warm hugs from Italy to you!
Lucy
Hi Anette!!! finally your own blog! It's Great!!!
ReplyDeletegreetings from Italy!
Dave
Hey Anette! Your website and your blog are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI saw Nightwish and you in Milan last year and I think you are the best singer in the world.. Unfortunatly I could't be at your gig in Mantova/Pordenone because my mum said "it's too far" -.-''...
Well, hope to see you soon in Italy! I'm waiting for a coffee with you XD Kisses
Very nice of you to start this blog! :) I'm really excited to get to read it and see a bit more how my singing-idol sees this world :D
ReplyDeleteOf course you won't speak about your personal life and we fans do understand that. :)
I would like to know a bit more about where you buy your gorgeus stage-clothes :D I know I do not have money to buy those but well... girl needs her dreams :D
Good luck and I love you and your voice!! :)
Hi Anette!!!!how are you?thank you so much for the blog.I hope to see you very soon in Italy because I like you and the Nightwish, thak for your concert in Pordenone. kiss by Chiara
ReplyDeleteShopping tips would be great, even though you might have an expensive taste, as you are an artist...
ReplyDeleteHi Anette, as you said me in Nightwish's forum (in pm) when will come out the forum?
ReplyDeleteHi Anette. Thanks so much for starting a blog, it'll be great to hear what you have to say on everything!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the Brixton show. Best night of my life in the front row with my HEP HEP banner!! And I take it you liked the bracelet I gave you because you wore it at all the other European shows! (The black stringy one).
Thank you for everything. Take care.
Holly xxx
Anette,
ReplyDeleteThank you so, so much for the awesome shows on the last US tour. My best friend, my mother and I were at the first three (Hartford, NYC and Allentown) and it was absolutely amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing you all again in Helsinki, and hearing what you're doing to keep yourself busy. You're an amazing vocalist and a really, really wonderful person, don't ever change!
<3 Erica
Hi Anette, I am so excited to see you have a blog :) I just want to add that I met you at Brixon and it was the highlight of my life to meet you and the boys ( I got them some vodka ;) ). I must add that everytime I hear you, your voice is getting better and better (and it was good to start with :D ).Please don't let the nagative comments on your voice get you down.. they are just jelous and try to keep away from people with nasty germs, we want you to stay fit and well.
ReplyDeleteLots of love and best wishes
x
Nikki (aka Nightwishes)
Hi anette :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you're fine, it's such a good idea to open this blog i'm so happy of it!! :)
Be sure i will read any articles of this blog ^^
I'm so glad to have such an amazing singer and lovely personn like you in my favourite band :)
Your voice is so emotional i love it , your "Ghost love score" give me shivers everytime!
The second gig in Paris was certainly the best concert ever for me! and the way you sing "Frère Jacques " is so cute ^^ ( by the way your french accent is very very good! ).
Thank you for everything, and for bringing lights so much in the group :)
Take care, love from France <3
I'm so excited about having you here... i love you so much..(and i'm not kidding :P) and for me you are something like an..idol.. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for this blog..
Take care!!
Love..Nandia :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Anette! Just wanted to say don't let the negative comments for your voice get you down!
ReplyDeleteThoose people do not have feelings and they are jealous! I know that you have wonderful voice and you showed that in Croatia and other countries!
Stay healthy!
And I need to say again that your "Ghost Love Score" is really powerful! I always cry on this beautiful song , with your beautiful voice and powerful lyrics!
(sorry , my comment "ran" away so I needed to write again)
Hello Anette !
ReplyDeleteI think this idea is really cool ! Taking the time to write this blog is very nice from you. We can learn a lot of things about you, and I still believe that you're really funny and nice, so reading your messages is really entertaining. It is actually really strange - but also fun - to see that you can post something saying "I'm going to watch a movie !" and, some hours latter, you come back and say what's your point of view about this movie ! This way, we can feel very close of you ! It's a little weird, but I appreciate that !
I also understood that, with this blog, you want to have a real interaction with the people who read your articles ! So... I have some questions ! ...Or suggestions ! I think that it would be really cool if you told us about the music you actually really like to hear ! Because you are not "born" in the metal world, it would be really cool to see the vision that you have of this music, a vision which is probably different than the one of other metal musicians who came from this scene. It's a music you probably love because you sing it, but it seems like a bit "new" for you, so... What's your vision of metal ? And were this vision of metal the same before you entered Nightwish ?
I also would know what you think about other "symphonic metal bands" like Within Temptation or Epica. I think Nightwish, those two bands and the others, are really different, but we can't deny that they all have a common thing... So, do you hear their music ? Do you like it, does it inspires you ? And, obviously, do you like their frontwomen voices (it's your domain, after all !) ? I don't know if you can answer those questions, because if your answers are not well understand by the readers, it can create a lot of transformations of what you've said, and not in a good way, so... I would understand if you don't answer my questions about those bands !
So, yes, more generally, I only want to know what is your view about the metalmusic genre (it's may be different before and after your presence as Nightwish's leadsinger) and what you like to hear today, this week or this month... And why do you like it, obviously !
I hope my questions will not be too much like an interview, because you're un a break from touring and mediatisation after all !
So, I want to tell you again that your blog is a really really good idea, and I will read your news (and comment them !) regulary, I think ! Thank you for giving us this, and continue to be the great singer and person you are !
Karim, from France (--> sorry for my level in English, I did my best !).
hey,
ReplyDeleteIt`s very nice `cause you have your own blog.
And I don`t think other celebs do this for their fans.
You are amazing.!!
I have a question.
What`s your son`s name.?
I really want to know.! :)
I am so happy `cause you and other Nightwish members go this year on Metal Camp09, specially because you will have a show" on my birthday.!! (3rd July)
So this is going to be my birthday present from my parents. (they said so =)
I just can`t wait to see you and others (I never been on any concert and I am glad `cause you will be my first concert.!)
You are all the best.^^
Take care,
Taja from Slovenia.
(sorry for bad English)
Hi! Anette I'm so happy for you!! I love Nightwish since many time ago... and I like the songs in the way that you sing it... thanks for you force and passion.. =D
ReplyDeleteSee you later..
Take Care...
And I'm sorry I don't have a very good english...
Lucky!!! n.n
Greetings from Russia, dear Anette!
ReplyDeleteIt's a cool idea for You to have a blog and "talk" a lil bit with us, the fans :) thanks a lot for such an opportunity to be somewhat closer to You as an artist and to have the news from You personally :)
You are very talented, extremely strong and motivated person. All You need is to know that fans love You and appreciate everything You do. And thank You very much for being the wonderful vocalist of the wonderful band ^___^
btw, last year's show in Kaisaniemi was a blast! I hope, that the Moscow show will be even greater ;))
Take care
and Best wishes!
Lerren
Hi Anett,your blog its verry nice...I´m so happy than you are singer of NW, because you bring into the band something new and positive and this boys need..I´m like that boys continue with you :)
ReplyDeleteDear Nettan!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is super!
I'm Russian,but I live in Paris...
Also....Bigs russian kiss from France ^^
hello anette! :) Greets a fan from Spain, I love your blog is a way for us your fans know your day to day. Inpact me the way you dress is also amazing I really like your change of look:) spend the brunette to blond charm I just want to tell you that here in Spain has many fans and we expect you to come here to give concerts, anette you are my role model whether a kiss is Natalia (sorry for my English is very bad, I hope you understood something;)
ReplyDeleteHey there Anette,
ReplyDeleteYou inspired me to blog! I heard you in an interview say that you had this blog site and I thought "right on"...I must check that out and I did! I too had thought for sometime about starting a blog, but I thought "nah I am too busy"...lol...I read your site and thought jeesh with her crazy schedule, Anette still does it...and so (putting my slacker side to the side lol) I have now started one! And since you were my inspiration...my first blog is about you...really a far away fans take on certain things since you joined the band.
On a side note...thank you Anette for always being "you" and never wavering regardless the obstacles...that is one of the things I truly respect so much about you!
Good luck to you and yours!
~Heidi~
Hello Anette
ReplyDeleteI actually have a few things to say, and even if you don't necessarily read them, it's something that I'd like to express.
I've been a Nightwish fan for nearly 3 years now. I would have gotten into it a long time ago had there been a little more advertising of it in the US, but I digress. After learning the whole history of the band from various sources I felt a deeper connection for the music.
One thing I always wondered though, as did most I'm sure, is how you coming into the band would affect everything, i.e. the band itself, the old and new songs, and the overall affect of Nightwish. I got the chance of a life time when you guys played in Hartford Connecticut in the US in May of 2009. A little side note: I am so unbelievably grateful that you guys bother to even play in such a small venue and give people like me a chance to see you live, and I am eternally grateful for that. It meant so much to a lot of people
Unfortunately the music was just a bit to loud for me to hear most of what you sang, which didn't give me a chance to hear you sing some of the older Nightwish songs, not that you need a critique form some random fan in the US -.-, but then I found the wonder of the internet. I looked up a concert from "Live at Masters of Rock" and listened to some of the older songs with you singing them, and disregarding many angry people I’ve seen on the internet I thought you sang them beautifully. I guess I was just one of the skeptics at first, but when I heard you sing “Dead to the World” I didn't want it to stop. Of course you sing them differently, you’re a different person with a different voice, but that doesn’t make it bad.
I guess I just wanted to express my gratitude towards you and the rest of the band and give my best wishes for things to come. You add a new light to the band that I didn't see before. You're not just a front singer with a band behind you, you seem like your a part of them and it works.
So good luck to you in the future with Nightwish and your solo album! And thank you for lending your hand in the continuation in a type of music that has reached so many.
Good idea :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Oscar, it's a good idea!))we can know from our idol, the most interesting things, word of mouth!))
ReplyDeleteWow, so much things has past since this post... I'm feeling a bit nostalgic now... But this is how life is, and things must go on... "c'est la vie"
ReplyDeleteAnd it's so great that you continue to blog anyway!
All fan we are, we will never thank you enough for all you do for us!
Take care of you pretty girl, and keep rocking, I hope to see you on stage again very soon :)
Hugs,
Simona