Monday, 19 December 2011

Oh!

It´s x-mas week and on saturday it´s x-mas! Time flies and today we are heading to the mall to get x-mas gifts. I have already ordered some from the internet but will get some smaller stuff for the kids today;=)

Our x-mas is gonna be a calm one celebrated at home and I like to take it easy so it suits me just fine. On january 2nd I go to Finland again for some more rehearsals and then january 14th we fly over to LA so its good to relax now before next years touring starts.



What´s your x-mas plans and do you all love x-mas or hate it?

I have actally not liked x-mas so much due to the stress that surrounds it and being a divorced child having to be with just one parent every year and feeling I made the other parent sad when not being there. Therefore, my x-mas celebrations are now much more relaxed and the best way to celebrate it, in my opinion, is in a warm place like Thailand;=)

But this year, due to so much travelling next year, it´ll be a peaceful home x-mas and I like that too:=)

35 comments:

  1. Christmas for me is a big stress. Currently I have a huge work load and apart from friends in Finland, I've not done any other Christmas shopping. I will go Wednesday to do it all and brave the crazy busy queues (think I will go at mall opening).

    Xmas used to be a time all my family came together, we would all gather at my Grandmother's house from various areas of the UK. Unfortunately she passed away about 8/9 years ago and since then none of the family have met up at Christmas time, so really the magic is gone for me. I wish I could get it back, you know be like Tuomas who was so excited about gifts. Sad to say it's just another day to me.
    At least I have my son, hopefully next year he will understand more and it will become magical again. Plan to have Xmas in Disney one year with him just to add to the magic.

    Hope you get a chance to listen to what I emailed. Take care and give the boys a hug off me

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice quiet Xmas with family is always the best. It's so much less stressful.

    My parents divorced too when I was young and so Xmas doesn't hold many pleasant memories for me. Also, before they divorced there were always arguments so my brother and I never had much fun like our cousins did so it was sad.

    Anyway, hope you have a lovely time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hej Anette:)
    I like x-mas. As usual I'll stay at home with my family. We celebrate the x-mas day with a great lunch at my grandmother's place.
    Tomorrow I'll go to the city to buy some stuff for my parents, my sister and my best friend. Even for me will be a calm x-mas.
    You're right. You have to spent this time with your family and be calm. Is waiting for you an eventful year. Of course, I can't wait to see you in May ;)
    Let me ask you something. How many clothes you carry with when you're away for so long? I go away for a month every summer, but my trips are holidays, while you go on to sing many times. So, I'm so curious to know how many luggage and how many clothes you must take with you. I make great effort to crush all my clothes in my suitcase and believe me, my suitcase is big enough ;)
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. heey anette,
    i like the idea of a relaxed X-mas holiday at home, my boss askes me to work that day but i can't :p my x-mas plans, will be coocing with my brother for the whole familie en a lot of music making with the familie,

    i accualy love X-mas.

    love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej Anette!
    I agree with you! Christmas is so stressful, in fact my mother started thinking of what to cook on the Christmas day since a month.

    I think I'll be with my family (mum, dad, grandmother, uncle, aunt & cousins), but in the evening I'll be with my boyfriend :D

    Hope you enjoy your Christmas!

    Hej då!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, 24th of December we're going to my boyfriend's Mom and celebrate Christmas there. On Christmas day I drive alone to Finland to my parents, it's 1000 km to drive but I hope I can do it during that day. I have two quite big dogs so taking a plane to Oslo and then to Helsinki and then 5 hours train would not be easier.

    I can't say I LOVE Christmas, it's just too much of everything... I even said I could work next week, but they found other people to do it and said it must be good for me to get one week's holiday. So now I have opportunity to visit my family, and of course it's a good thing.

    I share my thoughts with you about how it was on Christmas when I was a child, my parents were divorced too and I felt the same way, making the other parent sad cause you couldn't be two places at the same time... Usually I was with my grandparents most of the Christmas holiday, that was the best place on earth for me. :)

    I wish you a good week and a happy, peaceful Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christmas, it's such a special time for me even when I'm not a believer. I just love the atmosphere, the lights, the cold weather and the hope. :)
    My plans are like every year's: staying at home with my family and enjoying these days all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At Christmas Eve I will be sitting with 11 or 14 people at the table in Grandparents' home, so promises to be a perfectly festive atmosphere.
    I love to spend xmas with my family, but I understand you.I have not these experience so my xmas time associated me with beautiful scents of dishes prepared by my Granny, xmas tree, very warm atmosphere etc. For me xmas time is not only time for relax, is smth more ;)
    Hugs from Cracow.
    Karolina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Anette,
    my plans for Christimas are to stay with a family and friends. In sweden do you have the tradiction to make the tree?

    Fnally i've got imaginaerum in my hand and i can tell that it's an amazing album better than dark passion play!

    I have a little message for you: i have only a wish for this Christimas... that the person that read this message live serene and happy! Merry Christmas Anette and to you family, Johan, Nemo and Seth!

    Have a nice day!

    Bih hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. and I love Christmas and traditionally celebrate with my family - parents, husband and my child. Congratulations on an incredible album and Merry Christmas holidays

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love x-mas, but i think that The expectation of the Christmas is at best in November and in the beginning of december. This year i will be working the whole christmas time. Kids does not like it, but what can i do, shift work acts this way.

    My x-mas means that i spend nice time with my family and just relax, eat together some good food and watch a good movie and read a book... And ofcource i want that christmas is WHITE (we have some snow at the moment, but not enough).

    Merry Christmas to you and your family! See ya next year in Joensuu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anette,

    I used to like Christmas. When I was a little boy I was nervous all night waiting for the gifts of the Magi.
    When I knew the truth, it was no longer the same. I liked it because I was with the family, but I didn't feel the same. "I lost my innocence". Q_Q

    For now my plans are: study, study, study and study ú.ù

    I Hope that you have a Merry Christmas =)

    Jere

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love christmas sooo much!! Although it makes me sad because my parents are divorce but i spend new year with my father and christmas with my mother i wish we could be together but whatever things happen for a reason.
    Greetings from México! Happy christmas and new year! ;)
    Cristina :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love Christmas! Presents, Christmas tree, Carols, Food!!! Only when I think about it, it makes my heart full of joy. In my family (as in most of Romanian families) Christmas is mandatory to be spend with family, if not the Christmas Eve at least the 1st day. What I like about Christmas is the smell of fir, and to be honest, the food. In my family Christmas dishes are more important than presents, and most of them because are traditional types of food (different kind of sausages, beof salad, smoked pastrami, and other names that do not have a translation), made mostly from pork. As a family tradition we all have lunch together on the 1st Day(me, my parents, my sister and her family with my aunt and cousin); of course, after we have opened our presents in that morning. I have inserted a link to a site in English where it is explained how Christmas is spend in Romania, if you want to know more. http://www.exploringromania.com/christmas-in-romania.html
    You said you like warm places; for me personally, a Christmas without snow is without magic. I’m still wandering if we’ll have a white Christmas, because it hasn’t snowed at all and the weather doesn’t give any sign of flakes. Which is not good and expected from the region where I live (north-east).
    Do you have any tradition on Christmas Eve? Or at least your family?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love x-mas but i dont like monday and school.
    How are you?
    Love you Nettie
    Isidora

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy the shopping and best wishes for the Xmas season. We eagerly await the next album (no pressure there then!).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am looking forward to Xmas, and the holiday season beyond. Christmas means Birthday for me, and Saturday will be a milestone (birth)day. Its a day of the year I also relax in the company of good friends. This extraordianry year is coming to a close, and soon a new one begins - so Id better wrap all the presents and tinsle the tree before time rushes past like a whirlwind, and its all over. Wishing you a Xmas of joy, happiness and health. I hope it is a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My Christmas will be a quiet one at home too. Mum and I both work very hard and so it'll be nice to just be at home for a few days and not have to work!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like Christmas very much, but I definitely think, that this whole 'present stuff' is overrated. I just love to be at home on Christmas eve with my parents and my two grandmoms :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jag älskar julen! :D Mest av allt stämningen och julsångerna! :D Det är lite tajt med pengar i år för mig, men nog har jag lyckats få presenter åt alla. Bakade 7 pepparkakshus här om dagen åt 6 av mina kompisar =) och idag bakade jag och min syster pepparkakor.
    men däremot vill jag inte vara utomlands på julen, det tycker jag inte om.. Julen ska vara hemma med familjen och (som de senaste 10 åren, minst) med min mormor och moster.
    Men hurra! Du är i Finland på min födelsedag i så fall! :D Den 8:e januari, alltså =)
    Kramar!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anette. You really inspire me.You're a determined woman, simple and passionate about everything that you do. Thank you for being a great example and unique in your way =)

    I don't know if I love or hate X-Mas. But I'm not so happy with it. When I was a child I liked X-Mas more (:
    Nowadays, Christmas has lost its real meaning ):

    Kisses.
    With Love,
    Your fan - Luciana Coelho

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Anette !!
    Yes,i think you're right. You better spend your time at home now because soon you will be away from it for a long time !
    I don't have any special plans,i don't know about the gifts because i'm younger and we will have a special X-mas dinner here at home as always
    =) I love everything on Christmas,it's just a beautiful and peaceful atmosphere !!
    The only thing i hate in X-mas is to see people who spend it alone =( It hurts me a lot !!
    I hope that your X-mas and also from everyone else will be fine ^^
    Kisses and Hugs from Portugal
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hej Anette!

    I have usually liked x-mas and I have spent it always at my grandmum's place, but this year I wish I could skip x-mas and for the first time I don't have any plans for it. The reason for this is because my grandmum is no longer with us :( She passed away a month ago so me and my family don't really have the x-mas feeling this year, we are still very very sad :( I wish I could thank my grandmum for all the x-mas gatherings she held :/

    Of course we could now make up new x-mas traditions but all I want is to spend the holiday with my dear family.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anette,

    We only make a Christmas dinner and watch some movies. The only gifts that get's my niece, even though she has not earned.
    My mother, sister and I are not. :(
    Since we currently have other worries as gifts and Christmas, it is a sad celebration this year.
    Well, as long as we do not burn down the house. Christmas is celebrated. :)


    Have a great Hometime and best wishes to your Little Family

    Nalon

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do love Christmas, but it can be a bit of a stress. I finished off all my christmas shopping today but it's so horribly busy, ironic how christmas shopping seems to bring out the worst in people! I also worry a bit because I haven't got the money to buy people much and then I feel bad if they get me something expensive!
    Christmas and the surrounding days are always spent with my family and my mother's sister and mum, we see Dad's family in the new year. On the 29th my boyfriend's coming to visit, I live in a different city to study and he lives there too but in the holidays we live quite far apart :(
    Best wishes and have a wonderful Christmas!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like X-mas but since 2006 and some years before, when my parents divorced, I started to felt so alone and a bit sad even if I celebrated it with mom/dad each year, and being with my relatives turned to be quite boring 'cause all that nice feeling of caress and happiness has changed to a mean thing where only expensive gifts matter. =/ So now I believe that 'I Want My Tears Back' truly express what I miss from Decembers! =D
    Luckly last year I spent the holiday at home with my mother and that was really cozy, with that tasty Christmas delicacies and a cozy feeling that I only felt many years ago and I wish this time can be as nice as last year. ^^

    Feliz Natal, Nettan!
    Many hugs for you,
    Thiago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning Anette,

    Sounds like you have a very nice Christmas planned, I hope you and your family have a very nice time :). I also appreciate a peaceful at home celebration, and that is what I will be doing this year as well. For me, it is truly about family and other loved and dear ones, love, appreciation, being together, and all of the other good things that come from and with that. I find it very sad that Christmas, like so many other things in this world, has become so commercial, but that’s simply the way it is, and that is only one side of it, of course, for there is still so much love and goodness that still surrounds the Holiday.

    I’ve always enjoyed celebrating Christmas, for it’s always been a time of comfort, love, peace, joy, and thankfulness for me. I can understand and sympathize with you when it comes to your parents being divorced since you were young. My parents also divorced when I was very young, and roughly two years after they divorced, my Mother moved back across the country, so I was only able to see my Father once a year. But, that being said, I was and still am blessed with two wonderful parents, and it was very much for the better that they separated when they did.

    Warm wishes to you and your family!

    Take care,
    Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  29. Tjena Anette!

    I wish you all the best and a stress-free x-mas :) Your plans sound very relaxing.

    I for myself hate x-mas, I am not a big family person and I despise all the stress that comes with the celebrations, the big meals, the last-minute present wrapping, bitchy siblings and so on and so forth.
    This year I decided to spend 23rd at my parents' to celebrate my mum's birthday and x-mas will be spent with my boyfreind and his family in the hope of having rather calm holidays... not sure it that works out *g*

    Have a wonderful day and enjoy yourself :)

    Take care,
    Loki

    ReplyDelete
  30. This year I love Christmas. I have been blessed with refinancing my home so I have extra money to make it a special holiday for my sons. Imaginaerum has made me in such a good mood! I love it so much! Then since I live just three hours north of LA, we'll see you at the show! And also I bought NASCAR tickets for the Las Vegas race for the boys too.

    I love cleaning for Christmas. I love turning up my favorite music and scrubbing the staircase then haning the lights going down the stairs with some greenery!

    One disappointmet though! They are closing our one and only good CD/DVD store in the mall to make way for clothes! This is the store where I bought my first Nightwish CD, Centry Child, in 2003! I'm going to complain to mall management!

    See you in 30 ndays Anette! We have VIP so I will intoduce myself as Tisa not Lisa. I can talk like Donald Duck and I will do it for Tuomas! My face will be red, but it will be worth the laughs! I plan to do this in Finnish!

    LOL XOXO
    Tisa

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Anette,

    I wish you a good x-mas period.
    I love x-mas, but there are some disavantages : i have my final exams of the semester in january, so a loot of work, and i don't like the pressure/tense, to receive all the family... :(
    But it will be nice ! To meet all the persons i love, and also to give them my gifts :)

    Oh, and i have a personal question to you : one day (in the looong past), you post that maybe you will put your old clothes on e-bay (or an other website...) Will you do it in the future ? There is some clothes of you, that i love ! ;-)

    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  32. Det blir en lugn jul ska se The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo ska bli spännande då jag gjort en låt och musikvideo influerad av Millennium trilogin.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/EMMiE1337

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yeah,time goes - from that day when I actually left jobless,I feel that is just little moment.About what is in front of me...for now I take just day after day without thinking much what is though I say to two weeks far now.Happened something unexpected and my thoughts went little mixed - I don´t know yet what I do on christmas,between christmas and new year I have thinked little that I could try to set speakers to my car.On the other hand,after some while might come something else and then doesn´t necessarily have time to that really.

    Christmas isn´t so special anymore to me what that was sometimes before but there may be still something on that.I haven´t never been on Thailand but why not I couldn´t stop by some day,although I haven´t planned any way to go.

    Yesterday I had meaning to keep free day at exercising but I went anyway,today was otherwisely little going at place to an other and some things to do.My teeths are ok for now so probably one worry less for one little time.

    So,good late night continue

    ReplyDelete
  34. My family has a new, big home that I'm out visiting, but it's a nice, quiet one as well. :)
    January 14th is my birthday! So cool to know you'll already be on your way to the show then. :D

    Still replaying Imaginaerum... Great christmas music!
    Tuomas really nailed the writing down on this on! It works so well with you and Marco together.

    "Last ride of the daaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I spend Christmas with my mom, dad, and sister. I have at home Christmas's too. :) I am going back to visit them today, and coming back to where I live to go to school at, to be with my boyfriend and celebrate New years with him!
    I hope you have a good week, Anette! :)

    ReplyDelete