Wednesday, 16 December 2009

White morning and answer to a comment

I´m up and its still so white outside;=) Today I am flying home. We felt we wanted some x-mas vacation and now after the meeting with the record guy all we do is wait and see what will happen from that. We also have the songs for the album ready and just need some bonus songs which we can do in january.

Bonome wrote a comment to me and I would like to answer it here. The question was why some people just reach their goals without any effort and then why some who struggle never reaches them. And how to deal with that.

I dont know the answer to this, but I have had some good and bad luck during my life and that is what I can talk about.
Ever since I was a little child, about 3 years of age, I wanted to become a singer. I just knew and felt in my heart that I was born to do that. I sang everywhere, everyday and stood practising to different albums, having shows for my family day after day. I joined bands, I sang in choirs, I worked as a studio musician, applying for lots of music school, sent 50 demos to record labels but nothing happened. I sang, but not full-time and I didnt get that "break" I wanted.

Many times I fell in despair and stopped to sing for a while. Got angry after having met "not so nice people" in record companies who thought they could make me do things I didnt want to. So, since I am that person that rather not make it and feel good about what I do, I took other jobs and sang as a hobby. I was ok with that and even if I wasnt totally happy and still had my dreams, it worked for many years.

Then, a couple of years ago I felt like my life wasnt fulfilled and I knew I had to pursue my dream once more, before I got to old;=) I started looking for jobs everywhere, applying for musical roles, bands etc and it was at this time I heard about NW and the firing of Tarja. And as you might know, the time to get that job took 1.5 years and that was also full of both happiness but also despair. I even got turned down at first and I can tell you, I was so heartbroken. I cried and cried and didnt understand anything. It took me about one month to turn that sadness into what I always get after feeling a bit sad about my situation: I get stubborn and I say to myself: hey, what´s this mourning about??? do you want to be the singer in NW? Then start convincing them that they made a mistake.
And I started to email them again and you know what happened: after 1,5 years of sleepless nights, stress, worry, self-asteeem going up and down along the way, not being able to plan my future before I knew.... I got the job. I got the job!

And still my life will be like this: struggle. Cause I do believe that maybe some people get things for free, the easy way. But most of us, need to struggle to get what we want. Whether its a job, the love we long for, a child..etc. Its a part of life and I still struggle in life. Just because I got my dream come true, there will always be new "obstacles" to climb and win over.

Some people I know live life being "victims". A victim cant understand why they just get all the bad luck in the world fallen over them. They cant see their part in the story. They cant see that they need to take action of their life and faith to get further in life. They get bitter and depressed and just stop living. I feel sad for them and I have decided that I dont want to be that victim. I have felt like it many, many times in my life so I know that anyone can get there, but I have decided to not be a victim. I want to live life fully, even if its harder some days. I dont wanna die knowing I didnt try my very best to be the person I dreamt to be when I was a child.

I dont know, Bonome, if that helped you in any ways, but I hope you know that you can do anything. You are special and even if you dont reach the highest goal, maybe you can reach a smaller goal first and then try the next step and the next and the next. Sometimes its better to not put up the biggest goals, but set up smaller goals on the way of reaching that higher goal. My grandmother once said to me: dont you ever give up your dream. And she was right;=)

Enjoy the day!

51 comments:

  1. Dear Anette, I so loved everything you wrote today. It really makes me think and think. I can only say a couple of things: thank you for all your efforts and struggle about applying for NW's new singer because if you hadn't tried that much, now we wouldn't have such wonderful, beautiful and amazing DPP songs :)

    Thank you so much for that. And the second thing, we love you as you are (because we get to know you a bit more here, because you want to share things with us) and we love you as a singer too.

    Just...thank you!

    Apart from that: so the album it's 70/80 % finished more or less? It's great to read you have almost all the songs recorded.

    Have a great day Anette! Thailand is close! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anette!
    I assume, your story will have great significance for all readers of your blog. It is already accurately for me. I hope, i will have enough forces to follow your councils.
    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag har samma dröm som du. Tror jag. Jag älskar att sjunga, det är det enda jag kan någorlunda bra. Tror jag. Men jag älskar det ändå. Jag har några gånger fått höra att jag inte sjunger bra, men så många fler gånger fått höra att jag sjunger vackert. Men de få gånger man förolämpar mig tar åt till mitt hjärta så mycket hårdare än någon komplimang jag någonsin får. Jag vågar inte lita på mig själv. Ibland vill jag ägna mitt liv åt att sjunga, men ibland blir jag rädd för det, och vågar inte göra något.
    Det värsta är, att i mitt högstadie gick det en flicka som sjöng väldigt fint, men alldeles olikt från vad jag sjunger. Men alla älskade hennes sångröst, och det tog hårt på mig. Hon var en trevlig person, men det gjorde så ont att till och med mina vänner älskade henne och hennes sångröst. Klart de gillade mig också, men hon var ändå bäst. Alltid.
    Jag är självisk, men det är så svårt, eftersom alla i min familj är genier och otroligt bra på att sjunga och spela instrument, jag ville att det fanns något ställe där jag ändå var bland de bästa. Musikläraren uppskattade mig också, men skulle han ha valt mellan mig och henne, skulle han ha valt henne.
    I 9 år sjöng jag i kör, sedan tog den slut. Nu tar jag, sen ett halvt år, sånglektioner. Jag har försökt jobba så hårt jag kan för att bli bra, men ändå tycks det inte gå.
    Förlåt om jag störde dig, men då du tog upp det här med sång, kunde jag inte låta bli att skriva av mig.
    Krams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anette you are right.In our lives we have to fight for what we want and dream.Since i was born and for 18 years i've spent my life in the hospitals and the only thing i've learn is that no one shouldn't give up if they find difficulties in their life.Life is so short and trust me i know it very well so why waste it on mourning about things we lost instead of trying for more?
    Personal experience taught me that a full life is a happy one because when the end comes all you have left is this nice feeling that you have tried about things to work out.As all persons i have a dream.My health issue doesn't help me to reach it but this doesn't mean i won't try my best to make it true.Life is short,hard and so beautiful that is worthing every minute of trying to make it better and nice for you.At least that's my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dear Anette,

    "Thank You So Much" for sharing this story about your strugle to make it in the music business, thank you for sharing this with us! It means so much & makes me even more happy that you are the singer of Nightwish! You were so strong not to give up way to go girl!!

    I have been feeling this thing about my age, you know getting my singing done before i get to old, although i am still only 32...i have been trying so many things & now i have 3 offers to collaberate with people ;) so 2010 is a busy year!! Its frustrating tho when you know that you can really sing & you feel it every day...this is another reason why i find you so inspiring because you share you storys & thoughts with us! You have so many gifts its magical.

    Love you loads Anette, Have a good day

    Kisses
    Kelly
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anette!
    Thank you sooo, so much for this post! It made me think about so many things, mostly about me, my life and my future... I mean, I'm just fifteen and not many people take a teenager seriously when he says "I'm thinking about my life and its sense", but now adays it doesn't matter to me. There was a time in my life - I guess two years ago - when it hurt me when grown-ups didn't take me seriously, but now I just keep doing my own thing. You know, I want to become a singer, too. I get singing lessons, I write my own songs and I love being on stage and my biggest role model is you!
    I think you're so right when you say that you can reach anything! You just have to believe in it and to fight for it!
    Thank you so much, Anette, for all the love that you share with us and just stay as you are, you're such an amazing and lovely person and I'm really grateful for that you've become a singer, so that we all are able to - or better ALLOWED to - know you! Thanks for that you always are there for us all - your fans - and thanks a lot that you stay in contact with us! You're great!
    So much hugs and love for you from Germany!! ♥
    Yours, Kim-Noêmia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Anette,
    You're right. Life is a fight and we can't give up. I didn't know you're story before and now I know that your life wasn't easy. I hope I will have enough of faith in me to fulfill my dreams :)
    Have a nice day!

    Many hugs
    Alicja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Anette :)
    This is truly and confort words. Thank you for this post.

    I think we all always need to follow our dreams even if they seem a long and hard path from here. There are many people who reach their goals without doing so much effort, yes there are, well, I think they are very luck people. But I think it not means that me or you or Bonome or someone else doesn't have luck in life. Everyone have their good and bad luck in life, as you said you have had.
    Even though life can be hard and cruel sometimes and seems to be easir for others, we need to keep up the fight. Sooner or later, life will reward each one.

    Boa sorte, Bonome.
    Good luck, Bonome.

    Have a wonderful day, Anette.

    Fábio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very motivating post, Anette, and something that made me think of my own situation at the moment, too :)

    What happened just recently is that I got to know that my current job will end in the end of next year, even if I was let to understand something completely different before. I was pissed off at first, of course, but then I realized that hey, this is actually my long-awaited possibility to have a "year off" -- I will get unemployment compensation and because I've always belonged to the union (and paid big sums for it!), it is rather good so I can afford living with that for a year or so. Good god, FREEDOM after all these years of just work, work, work -- in a field that was nice and interesting at first but which had started to feel more and more like a life-long prison sentence for the last couple of years. So, let's say I have struggled to keep my head straight, teetering on the edge of burn-out more often than not during the last few years and then I hear that "thank you very much, we've gotten what we wanted from you so you can as well go now!" -- but instead of falling into misery I realize that this struggle has earned me not only income with which I can have this much dreamed year off but I also feel morally right to do it!

    I have no idea into which field I will venture next and _even_ if I'll return to this science and technology business later on, now I have time to fulfill those dreams I've had since high school: time to write all those stories I have in my head, paint all those pictures, start refreshing my musical and maybe acting hobbies, maybe pack my backpack and go travelling around the world and meet my foreign friends... Time to think what I _really_ want to do in this life.

    So, even if you feel you're stuck in your life and get just bad news maybe even those bad news might open some new possibilities? I lost my previous job due to severe illness several years ago and I was devastated, thinking this is the end of the world and that I'm just a worthless piece of shit who could as well die away. Well, after dwelling in depression and despair and just this "victim attitude" for a long time I started to see some "light in the end of the tunnel", I struggled to get my health back, found a new job, new people in my life, and in the end, gained life experiences I could've never gotten if I had continued in that old job! Plus, that episode made me much stronger person than I had been before.

    Hmnn... well, maybe this wasn't so "directly" related to Anette's post but somehow I feel that I'm exactly in this situation now that even if it kinda "works" I'm not _happy_ with my job and my life, I want something else and now, through these "bad" news I was given a chance to do something to it, to pursue my "dream" too, whatever it is... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post, Anette. I can totally identify with so many things you said. I have wanted to be a singer since I was a little girl too. But I am around the same age as you and still haven't achieved my dream. I've met many of the horrible people as you say, and it did put me off the business for a long time. I've always had low confidence, which of course is not so good when you want to be a performer. So, after years of trying and not succeeding, I gave it up for a while. Then my life took a turn for the worse, I got into a bad relationship, got depressed and relied on alcohol to get me through. But I missed singing badly. Because I was in a dark place and had no confidence at all, I lost myself for a long time. Of course, I got better (I am like you in a way - stubborn, and won't let anyone tell me what to do) so, after I got rid of the bad relationship, I got myself together and gave up the alcohol, got myself an English Literature degree and decided to once again pursue my dream of being a singer. I'm also a writer and so I am currently pursuing two dreams - novelist and singer.

    After so long without singing, my voice was a little rusty at first, but I can tell it's getting better. Discovering Nightwish actually had a big part to play in rediscovering my voice, which I'm truly grateful for.

    Anyway, I won't give up my dream. Though I still get low sometimes, I pull myself back up again and just keep trying to reach that goal. I am currently in a band with my brother, who is a great composer and musician, and who also had many obstacles in his life which kept him from reaching his full potential. I think the time is right for us to go for our dream.

    Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us on your blog, Anette. You are an inspiration. I wish you lots of success for the future. You deserve it.

    Have a nice day!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Anette,

    WOW! I LOVE this post!! Thank you for those honest and true words!!

    I once read a sentence which somehow influenced me (even if I think it might have been only an advertisement) It said: "if you want to reach something you never had before you'll have to do something you never did before". I think this is right. If one has big goals which last for years, one has to fight to reach them one day. And I also made the experience that it can last VERY long and that one has to acheive smaller goals first and this could bring one sometimes nearer to "THE BIG Goal". Life goes strange ways sometimes.
    And you're so right what you said about "victims". If you think everything is already fixed and don't try to change anything you might be lost one day. Even if there are things a human being alone can not change there is always anything one can do. An active part in life to make the situation become a little bit better. One never should give up with this. And never stop to dream.
    But you know what? I experienced that, if one for a long time does not listen to ones wishes, one suddenly forgets what they were. And it is quite hard to find out later on, what one really wants. That happened to me. But it is such a good feeling to suddenly have a goal again and to find out that it is suddenly reachable :)
    I wish you so much luck and a wonderful time!!!
    Best wishes,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Anette

    Hope you feel great today:)

    What you wrote is wonderful. and aboslutley right! i enjoyed every word you wrote.
    We have to fight for our dreams, i always have to fight for what i want. like we all have to fight!
    And even if its hard and everthing seems to be torn apart, never give up!
    Cause dreams are worth fighting for :)
    Its a wonderful thing to figt for your dreams!
    It is fulfilling to see some dreams grow and grow and then, at one point, they come true!

    I for myself, see my one and only dream!
    And i see it growing like a beautiful flower.
    Its not a very special dream.
    but about to make this person happy and be there for her! Nothing more or less.
    and i was able to fulfill this dream! but its not over! this dream carries on!
    So to speak, this fight is neverending but this makes me feel so alive!
    this is the reason i wake up every morning :)
    I can honestly say: Iam happy

    Fight for your dreams!
    Dont give up, and dont lose yourself in darkness cause there is always a bright light ahead!

    Thank you dear Anette!
    Thank you for your words!

    Have awesome Day
    warming huuugs from snowy munich
    LOVE AND RESPECT
    ChRiS^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for these encouraging words Anette, helped me a lot. =)
    Of course, I intend to keep fighting, I will not desist, after all, life is a fight, but it is hard to see a dream that you have striven for many years be destroyed in just one day, it's very hard.
    Since there is no other way, the solution is to start from the beginning again, but no problem, I will. =)
    Well, let's switch to a more pleasant subject hehehe. I'm very happy to know that your album is almost ready. Good news finally =D. I hope this album does much success, you deserve ;-)
    As I have said many times, I looking forward to hear this CD. I hope he is available for purchase here in Brazil, would be happy to buy it =)

    Great vacation for you my favorite swedish singer, enjoy so much ;-)

    Hugs from Brazil =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Muito obrigado Fabio, boa sorte para você também. Espero que você atinja seus objetivos =)

    Thank you Fabio, good luck to you too. I hope you reach your goals =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nettie!
    Thank you for telling that to us.
    I am really happy that your dreams came true , because I enjoy in your dreams which came true , you are my favoutite singer....I am listening to your beautiful voice , to your music.
    I am really happy that you are happy and kind and friendly person , you are great with fans , and the most important think is , you have a great relationship with your son ♥
    That is really important , and I really love you. I am really happy that I met you, and I hope that I will meet you again <3
    You are making our hearts happy , because you fid some time for us , fans!

    Many many hugs &
    Lots Of Love

    Ena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your story Anette!
    I translated it into Russian and posted in my blog. Here it is: http://journals.ru/journals_comments.php?id=3168326

    With love, Oksana.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a beautiful post anette, a very true thing put into just the right words, and it is the exact thing i thought this morning even before reading your post! i realised that i am playing just the victim role you described and need to get on my feet. it can seem unfair but it's just a fact that no one will come and take us to our dreams, we must walk our path on our own. even if people treated us badly and we may be "right" about sulking to life and refusing to give our best, we are still the ones who will suffer most from that attitude. we mean to punish people and the world when we turn our back to them, but we punish ourselves even more. i especially liked what you said about "being the person you dreamt about becoming when you were a child". it is as a child that we clearly see our potential and the gifts that we have, and what we can make of our lives. this vision often gets lost along the way, or we give up on it, but we must keep it very dearly and always do what we can to reach it, because it is possible.

    phew what a long comment:) but your post was just so inspiring:)) have a very good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anette!!
    Oh! Thank you so much for sharing this, because this gives me strengh to go on.
    Right now, I'm a struggle too, because no one around me belives I may achieve my dreams, they keep on telling me that what I'm studying is not the right thing for me, that I should go for something else, something "easier for me". They have told me this since a year ago, and I'm sure they'll keep on telling me. But I've decided I'll show them I can do what I want and like.
    Even if reaching goals without efforts sounds nice and comfortable and tempting (wont't deny that), I belive that efforts and sacrifices are needed, because in the end, when the goal is finally reached, those are the things that makes us say "It was all worth it", and that's also something I'm looking for, the personal satisfaccion of saying "after all I've been through, I did it!"
    So, just like you did for NW, I'll be a stubborn and keep going on =)
    Again, lots of thanks for sharing your story!!

    Best wishes now and forever to you!
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for your encouraging words. :)

    When you were talking about "victims" it made me think of people who are not just silent victims, but instead they try to make you feel bad because you dared to do something they for some reason didn´t but probably secretly wanted to do. In other words, they try to underestimate other people´s actions, maybe in order to justify their own boring life?

    And I´m not even talking about big, life-changing things here but those little things that make the life funny and worth living. Traveling to a place you have never seen before, going to see your favorite band, trying out a new hobby, etc. Very simple things that everyone can do, if they want to. But for victims there´s always some very good and valuable excuse why they can´t do what they want to, and then starts the complaining and underestimating. I guess that they have some "if I´m miserable, everyone else needs to be miserable too"-fixation in their head.

    My point was that even though you´re not happy with your own life, don´t try to make others feel the same way about their life. It shouldn´t be the hardest thing in the world to just be happy for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi dearest Nettan!

    I really wanna thank you for these words and want you to know how much i appreciate you wisdom of life and the way you look of life. Thats the reason why you are a Biggest idol for me. You really do things for making dreams come true and not accept to be the victom.

    My life haven't been easy ever since i was born.
    My grand mother used to say that i fighted my way to this life, because i was born as a premature and very very little.

    My own alcoholic-father abused me in a sexual way when i was under school age. He also hitted me and my mother many times. There's coming huge legal process of these things and i really trying to take all the strenght for them.
    I have also been a victom of a school bullies for over 10 years. So yes, life is really struggeling. That's the fact. We have to go forward and not ever give up.

    I have decided i won't be the victom anymore. I'm going to make my dreams true and live a full happy life.

    A big big thank you Anette, your a good person and you have been blessed with your wisdom!
    I wish you much of love and luck for your future! :-)

    Take care!

    With love,
    Ewe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hallo Anette,
    I think you've found the right words.Thank you for that. We've all experienced the highs and lows. Important is that you do not give up.
    Only because of you I became aware of NW. You are great singer.
    wish you a pleasant evening

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your story and advice with us, Anette. I hope it helps Bonome just like it helped us.
    You know, we have a saying, "God takes with one hand and gives with the other", so I really think that, even though sometimes we feel like we're never going to accomplish something, never gonna get something we wish for, we shall receive it one day or another, under a form or another. So, even though this is a huge cliché that I personally find over the top sometimes, it's better to think positively instead of grinding oneself down.

    Also, I wish you, Anette, and everyone who reads this blog, to have a merry Christmas and a wonderful, mild winter beside your family and dear ones.
    Have a nice trip in Thailand, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Anette! :)
    When I read your words (and your blog too), I was always thinking that you truly are a nice person, even if a very few here (or maybe no one), among your fans, really know you.
    We (I?) just know you through Nightwish, and through the musical world, and your blog bring some things more : you "allow" us to know you more.
    And I must say that, through your sayings and your doings (answering to comments and so on), you seem to be a truly nice person. You're a great singer, you're an open minded and nice person : I would say that you have reached one of your goal, being the person you wished to become, when you were a little child.

    Take care Anette, and greeting from France haha ;D

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi nettie thanks for sharing this kind of things with your fans, you are amazing, i live in colombia and i would wanted to see you some day, i just wish very good luck for you and your carrer i want to listen to your songs and also please take pictures of you we havent see any a long time ago ( for me 3 days are a LONG TIME AGO!!) GOOD LUCK ANETTE AND THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICES

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Nettie
    Wow, what a confession. I love the way you write about life. I defenitely feel like I can learn stuff from you. You seem to know very well what you are doing and what you stand for. And you seem to know a lot about life in common.
    Your story also touched me, like other stories of you do too. I never knew that it was so hard for you when you were turned down at first with Nightwish..
    But you got out of this. And you can defenitely be very proud of yourself that you didn't give up! Indeed, you got the job! And you're doing a great job!! :-)

    I also think it's so great that you want to support people. It means a lot to us, we look up to you ;-)
    And about the fact that people have to face struggles, it can be so sad. But I think you are right when you say: don't be a 'victim' and it's so much better to not give up on life, at least try to make the best of it.


    Greetings
    Daphne fran Belgien. (Don't know if I spelled it right, I googled some Swedish ;) But my keyboard can't put the right accent on the word 'fran'... )

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think that was a brilliant responce Anette , really inspiring :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree with what you told us, Anette. Sometimes it seems that some people just get everything for free. Some people seem to have all the bad luck. For some reason I'm a person who does everything in that most difficult way, but somehow I have learnt to laugh at that. There's such a stupid irony - you search for something for ages and not realize that the answer is there in front of you. It's just so stupid that you can't do anything else but laugh. I have learned that it's a part of my personality, to always choose the harder way to do things. Still it sometimes feels a bit unfair that some people seem to get what they want to easily. Like in the school life. Some people learn things so easily, and they don't have to study so much, while some people have to search for the best ways to learn and study and have to work very hard.
    I always want to find my own way to do things - which is very often that hardest way. But I'm fine with it and it's ok, if it works for me.
    My arts teacher said one day that if you really want something, believing in yourself and working for your dream is even more important than your skills. I want to believe that it's true. I'm wanting to become a good piano player, and I want to learn to sing properly. Sometimes this thought comes to my mind, that I should have started playing piano/singing much much earlier, that I can't become a competent musician anymore, it's too late. But I want to believe that I still have a chance if I just believe in myself (which is very much easily said than done) and in my dreams.
    I just wanted to say that believe in yourself and your dreams. Remember to laugh at yourself - life isn't always so serious. No one has said that life would be easy, but at least it's worth living ;)

    -Dismal Wings-

    ReplyDelete
  28. I must agree with most things in that post :P
    Many times in college life I just think it's so unfair that some people don't have to try at all to get really high grades and other people try so so hard just to get an averege grade.

    There's always times in life when you just want to give upthat one big goal. But even if you don't get your big goal in the end, the fun is in the chase ;)

    Best wishes, Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Anette!

    I've never wrote a single comment in here, but I do visit this blog a lot! I just wanted to thank you for that. I had a very hard day today and what you wrote made me feel better and strong for a new restart! Thanks a lot girl!

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're right. Yes, it's always easier to give up than to fight. It's just hard to find powers for fighting when there's no one to support you and give you his warmth - only you support the others...

    Nettie, one boy in the forum wrote that Nymann finally gave his permission for releasing "The Heart asks pleasure first" cover. He found this quotation:
    Jarmo:
    "Maybe someone of you already knew that Nyman finally gave Nightwish permission to publish "The Heart Ask Pleasure First". I talked about it with Tuomas last Friday and he said that they will publish it, but they haven´t decide yet when."
    Is it true? If it is - my hugs and congratulations to Tuomas. This is the song I long to hear in record VERY much. Since the little solo from "the Islander" live in Luzniki;)
    Please - answer! This is really important news for us all))
    Good night and with love,
    Kira=)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh this is so nice :)) I feel so good now after reading your post and the others one. It's very nice to think in that way....we all should think in that way. We just need to stand up when we fall...cause that's life, millions of falls and then "rise" again and again and again... :) Pain, sadness are part of life!
    Thanks for this Anette!
    I wish the best to Bonome ;)
    And sorry for my poor English :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh Anette...you have no idea how much I needed to hear your words, any words of encouragement and hope. Thank you! I know rejection very well with my stories always getting turned down by publishers, but I still send them in anyway with the hope that one day something might happen. And if one doesn't, I will always have the ideas and comfort that still it's mine.

    However, on a personal level my life is in such turmoil right now with so many downs with my family situation here in SA that I cannot even focus anymore. I really feel like I am being tested beyond my stress limit. But I still believe in hope and continue on with the thought things will always get better even if they get worse first. It's terrible here right now. You can be around a thousand people and still feel utterly alone.

    Good luck with the label. You've already made success and you're wonderful for answering Bonome. He needed encouragemnet too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good night my dear singer, have nice dreams =)
    Thank you again for the friendly posting, i like so much and i feel much better now. I think that disappointments it's not easy, and in my life i have a considerable amount, but it's part of life and the good moments would not be good if not there were bad moments, right =)
    Well I just have to thank him. Most people do not bother to read my comment and, even I am a stranger, you have read and answered. You cared, even without ever having seen me. Thank you so much for this =)
    Have sweet dreams
    All the good wishes and many hugs from Brazil =)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Anette,

    I loved reading what you wrote! Thanks for writing about this subject to us!
    I agree with what you said about being a "victim" in life and the other things!
    I so admire you for everything you've done and you do, you're a role model!

    I think that people who get things for free or trough unfair ways ...they can't enjoy reaching a goal as it should be, they only care for the appearance and although they get ahead without deserving it, in fact they aren't capable of doing anything on their own for themselfs! I don't think these people worth anything and I see this kind of people everywhere and I just can't understand how this is fine for them.....

    Glad to hear that everything is going well with the album!
    Take care and thanks again!
    Sleep well!

    Love,
    Herta

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Anette, this did make me cry but
    I just wanted to say that I agree
    with what you said and I'm glad you shared
    what you've been through with us. I'm going
    through my brother maybe living with my real
    dad, and my mum and step-dad might be
    divorcing and it's really hard for me...
    But this meant a lot to me that now I know
    what to expect, because I too want to
    become a singer. And that even you-
    being gorgeous and the most amazing singer
    I've ever heard(and I have heard a lot)- had
    to work up to getting your dream.
    And that you never gave up, and even when it
    got hard, you knew you were good enough to
    keep on trying- and I'm so happy you did!

    And I'm sorry about the many hard things
    you might have gone through,
    but everyone goes through it- and in the end
    it usually helps us and makes us stronger...but I know that sometimes I want to
    give up too because I wonder if it's worth it.
    It's good for people to know that when they
    die, that they've tried their hardest and that
    the bad things didn't keep them down.
    That they know how to remain strong.
    But like I said, it's not easy and it
    hurts...right now it's hurting me a lot.

    Hope you enjoy your evening.

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hii dear Anette

    Thank you for these words!
    I have had to fight for almost everything in my life, and Im only 16 years old now.
    I have had to struggle with many things, including my parent's divorce, my dad trying to bring my mother down and eventually that lead into the fact that now I haven't had contact with my sister in over 2 years.
    Cause every time I try to talk to her she turns me down because of what my father made her believe.
    I've had to struggle in school because I was always picked on for no reason, and as I was (and still am) a very sensitive person I could not put myself to it to stand up for myself.
    Also im probably not gonna make this year in school, and since I was already held back once that means that I will not have a diploma, even though I have worked my ass off to get good grades and focus in classes.
    But the fact with me is that everything gets harder because I have asperger syndrome as well.
    I have wondered myself so many times Why?
    Why do I have to work so hard for things that will end up in the gutter anyways?
    I completely get these feelings you know, and I don't think there really is an answer to it that I can give you.
    Except for trying to keep believing in yourself, stay true to yourself and trust in good hope.
    Things will get better in time!

    (sorry for my long comment, just had to write it out)

    @ Bonome:
    I hope things will improve soon!

    Lots of love and huggles, Lisa <3

    ReplyDelete
  37. Tack för den texten, du har ingen aning om hur mycket det piggade upp mig! Egentligen tycker jag att du får fram samma kärnidé som Henry David Thoreau i ett av mina favoritcitat:
    "I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live free, and suck out all the marrow of life. To put to rest all that was not life, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

    ReplyDelete
  38. That was deep, i learnt some things. Please keep posting stuff like this it's just amasing. I also wanna say Thanks Nettie for being such a great person! Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hej Anette. First i'd like to ask about HeartAsksPleasureFirst.. in the official Nightwish discussion forum they say that you've got permission to release your version of the song. Is that official already??? They say that Jarmo (moderator of NWsite)has said so.. I'd like also to thank you for the last few years.. I've been a Nightwish "fan" since 1999, when I saw them live for the first time. I really appreciate all the effort you've made for the band. I saw Nightwish live for the 2nd time at Seinäjoki Finland july 2009, and I was amazed. It had passed exactly 10 years, and the same spell still exists...You are perfect for Nightwish! I do believe so.. So trust yourself! and enjoy the journey...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Reading about your struggles helps me know that if I want it bad enough, I can reach my goals and dreams.

    I didn't know you struggled so hard to get the job with Nightwish, but I'm glad you pushed them. :)

    <3 Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you so much for this blog Anette <3 It is truely inspirational. I have always admired your strength and determination throughout your Nightwish career and you are an inspiration to keep on fighting for what you want.

    I think you've given me the wake up call to sort my future out right now. Like I have to choose what I want to do at Uni and where I want to go. I suppose I've been running away from it for a while, when you keep not finding anything it was upsetting me. But I do realise only I can sort this out for myself, no one else will help me and I need to keep fighting on. I will find what I want to do in life.

    You are so wonderful Anette <3 Thank you for always being an inspiration.

    All my love and Support.

    Love Kellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. hej, anette!
    wow... that's a great text and amazing things you wrote. i like it, when you write "deeper" things. you are an interesting woman, so it's alway good to know, what's your opinion. because i would have thought similar.

    i always wanted to find my true love. this was the most important thing in my life so far and i got it and i had to fight for it more than anyone could think of.

    the fact is, as you said, being stubborn and fight for our dreams, is something noone should be afraid of.

    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Anette...I felt very hopeful reading your words. I don't believe it's only a coincidence, but I was a bit sad this days, thinking about my dreams, my plans and the year that's ending... And sometimes it seems the world is turnning just against us. Since I was a child, I was always envolved with art in many ways. And few years ago I started to feel that this is the thing I like to do the most in my life, especially music. I'm trying to have a band, but it's very hard to find some members here in my city =/ But I love to write songs, and I do it a little fast :) And my nearest friends use to like it. But I have no time to sing, to study singing, and it's hard to find an encouragement, especially from my family. And reading this post I thought about all that once more, because sometimes I wish to give all that up.
    It's a lot sweet the way you tell us about your life, and dreams. Nightwish is my favorite band (since I was 13 years old, now I am 19) and I am very influenced by them and now by you.
    I think it could be a good ideia to make a 'feedback' of this year, the good things, the bad ones, and especially the knowledge that comes with all of this.
    Thank you for trying to make other people to feel better, and for help to keep faith :)
    Oh, once I wrote a song that I think would be wonderful on your voice, especially after I heard you singing Walking in the air and Meadows of heaven at the gig on Hartwal Areena, it was amazing!
    Well, sorry for my poor english...
    And I hope you won't linger backing to Brazil :)
    Kisses, have a nice day =*

    ReplyDelete
  44. This was one of the most inspiring things I've ever heard! At a time ago I was so lonely, because I and my family were threatened by the father of my ex boyfriend, only for both of us be men. I had to make a hard choice, stay with my boyfriend and die soon after, or save me and my family. I chose the second option, with much regret = / And not to go crazy with grief, I had to take it as a lesson of life to transform sorrow into strength, and something that I learned was that even though you have something to stop you , never stop wanting to live, and we should enjoy every moment of life, and that if something does not work out, you should go after an hour or more will happen each time I have.


    Thank you for your hospitality this blog Anette! You are amazing! I'm proud to be your fan!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I want to say you that your post is so perfect...your words make me feel better, because in this moment, i feel very sad, and is a similar history...sometimes, we need this kind of feelings, for wakeup and keep our live in a better form and fight for her. Thank you so much anette, hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Everything you've written is true ... and I myself have gone through so much and have struggled eternally to make things work - to achieve my dream of simply being with people. By that I mean having the confidence to strike up a conversation with someone who looks interesting, to put time and emotional energy into the people I love even if I don't get it in return, and just be myself and pour love out on people! I too am a singer - and while I haven't done anything professional or looked into any record labels or anything like that - my dream if I ever do 'make it big' - or simply make it at all - or even just if I decide to make an album that never goes anywhere - is to make it all themed on 'waking up' and living life - not giving into despair - not being the victim, but feeling the pain of what you fear and pushing past it and becoming stronger from it! Through Christ, of course - He is my life - and others may see it differently - but the point is a good point, and remains the same :-)
    Sweet dreams Nettie, you are simply wonderful
    Love and kisses,
    Suzie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, so much nice and inspired comments in here! : ) I can see that your blog readers are very fine people! :-)

    Enjoy the day! For all of you! ;-)

    With love,
    Ewe

    ReplyDelete
  48. I read this post yesterday and I still don't know what to answer. Surely, all of your success is the result of hard work, your hope and great wishes, and a little bit of good luck.
    It is very good when person know from his or her life - so (s)he can dream of it, try to achieve it.
    But there is also another kind of people. They almost don't know what they want from their life. At the same time they are always afraid to make some mistake, they afraid that they chose the wrong way of life.
    Just like me. I like cooking, sewing, drawing, I sing quite well, though I don't even have any music education.
    On the other hand, I have a good memory, I can say that I'm clever girl. Such things as learning lots of new information, studying different sciences - it's all not very difficult things for me. And one day I decided that it would be a big pity if I would lost all of my keen intellect with a time. So know I'm getting two higher educations at the same time, so after 3 years I will be a logist and translator.
    Sometimes I'm almost crying when I have a thought that maybe all my creative forces will be lost. Sometimes I ask myself: "What if I chose the wrong way?"
    I know that there are things that suit my soul better than economics and foreign languages. But what these things are - I don't know. Maybe some of my talents will die, newborn or even unborn. Just because I'm not sure if I chose the right way. And this scares me to death.

    So I think that it is very wonderful - to know what you want from life, to struggle against troubles, to dream and hope that your wishes may come true. And even if they don't, every dream and warm-hearted changes a person to a better side.

    I'm sorry for such a long comment full of my own waste, problems and so on, but your post made me think about the theme you had touched in it.

    With love,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  49. thank you from my heart for your personal experience.
    I enjoyed your entry so much!

    And I want to be the first one here to say to you: Have a very happy Christmas, may Jesus spirit be with you and bless you all there!
    Poochie

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow am I late to comment ^.^''

    I just wanted to say that I can relate to what you talk about. I'm only 21 and haven't really experienced too much struggle (if you exclude all of the constant stress and lack of sleep due to animation classes) but you're so right that you have to be persistent in getting what you want. Nothing really comes to us, we have to actively go out there and get it for ourselves. Thanks for this post, Anette, I really enjoyed reading it ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  51. Dear Anette =]

    You are a love person

    ReplyDelete