
Good morning everyone;=)
Today I need to go out and do some x-mas gift shopping since I havent bought more than one... puh...Usually I am early doing these things, but since I have been in the studio and of course, since we are flying away over x-mas, the x-mas planning havent been the same;=)
I know most of the gifts so that is good, but some are harder. But I love to buy presents for others and I enjoy it almost as much as them when they open the presents;=)
Have you gotten some x-mas gifts yet? Do you like x-mas or is it a an evening filled with hard times? Tell me your thoughts about x-mas, I want to know how you all feel;=)
Hey Anette!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I´m very happy that I started 2 weeks Christmas holiday yesterday. It really is very needful. I started school in autumn and must fly the nest and get to know new city and new friends etc. I was very distressed from this all and school too was very hard and stressful. In last weeks I have been waiting holiday so hard and some days I only cried I want to sleep and I want to holiday, not in school anymore... But, now I finally have holiday. Not any school stuff before next year. And after some days I´m going to my childhood home. I decided that I´ll "forget" all things from this autumn and when school start again, I´m happy and I can "to start over". So, we all love and NEED holiday. Take it easy you too when you fly to warm Thailand <3
But then to christmas. When I was child, I really loved christmas. Of course it was nice to get lots of presents (maybe it was best thing in christmas when was child), but already then I realized amazing mood of christmas. Once in year all people can be so friendly and warmly. Not any hassle or spat. I really liked it. That whole enchanted christmas mood (which I can´t imagine closely) was so amazing! And it was nice to do snowman and snowlanterns outside and waiting Santa Claus. And mostly every year it was snowing and was lots of snow.
I think snow is big part of christmas and if there isn´t snow, I´m very sad. Few of last years here hadn´t been snow in christmas and I couldn´t get full christmas mood. Happyli here´s FINALLY snow and I hope it´s still in christmas too. I´ve been waiting snow whole autumn, but newly some days ago winter came here. It´s very cold, but I can´t whinge, because I´ve been waiting it and actually I like it :)
Nowadays I don´t wait so much christmas presents, but christmas I wait. It losed glamour little bit after childhood, but it´s still warm and nice celebration. And then I can see my whole family and some of other relations. Christmas food is good too. I don´t like to eat it before christmas so much, but in christmas it´s very good :)
Do you know tv-program named Snowman? I´m watching it every Christmas Eve. I prefer to watch it, if you ever haven´t watch it. And there´s Walking in the air song too, which is very good song. I like listen Christmas songs before Christmas and in Christmas. I think I start Christmas Eve to listen Walking in the air with your singing, it was best Walking in the air I have ever heard, truly <3
Happy Christmas waiting for you too <3
Dear lovely and cute Anette! :)
ReplyDeleteI find it SO nice of you that you share your thoughts with us so regularly and that you answer to some comments in such a lovely way. A very BIG THANK YOU!!!! from me for this to you!!!
Well, usually I am quite late with christmas gifts. My problem is that if I like someone really much I wannna give him or her a very special gift and if I don't know what this could be I become afraid. Really I feel very uncomfortable with that for I think I must know what he or she really wants and I need to make them happy with my gift. But very often I really get panic if I do not know what this could be...- So I like to give gifts to persons I love if I know their wishes. But if I don't know I find it very hard.
This christmas I am quite busy and so I had to plan early so that I have nearly all presents already. Puh!
Christmas is a happy time for me with really good memorys of my childhood.My parents always made a cosy day for me then. Even if I see that times become more heavy and darker when I become older and more things happen around me, we usually manage to have a cosy christmas eve. All the family holds together then and this is really nice. Even that of course different characters bump together and there always are some tensions but I think this is normal with different people as we are.
So, my post is long enough now. I wish you to have a great and wonderful christmas time with loved and kind persons who make you happy!
with love and respect,
Lisa
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteI for one have mixed feelings about christmas!! Its because I have become so cynical of the world & why?? I go up to my local towns to shop & everyone is in a "bad mood" no Christmas spirit! I swear British people just get grumpy at Christmas shopping time lol I went out on my own & was feeling jolly! Even shop workers were snappy :o( I got all my shopping done in 2 days straight! I think as you get older also the Christmas excitment fades like childhood innocence it all slowly dissapears as the years go by :(
"OK On the good side" i love to watch my loved ones & family open their gifts (iam pretty good at buying gifts)Its all worth while to just be behind closed doors with your family all cosy & warm & laughing at silly little things=)
I would love to visit Sweden Or Germany at christmas! one day i will make the trips!! I live in the UK & people just seem to be getting colder here & less friendly...i miss the warmth from when i was a child!! Hey it could just be me being silly & negative hehe!
As long as have my family iam happy & loved =)
Hey good luck with your shopping, it willl be sooo busy for you :OO
I bet it will be wonderful where you shop!! Maybe you could take some photos of christmas lights or the town where you shop, if you have time??? Oooops i feel cheeky now ;)
I shopped in birmingham UK this year it was very nice & they have the lovely "German Market" with lots of hot treats & sweets hmmm yummy
Have a lovely day Anette XxX
Kisses
Kelly
XxXxX
Christmas is for me a consumer terror along the motto "you give me something, I'll give you something!" And everyone seems to aspire that it will be rewarded even better and more valuable than that which he himself presents. People are inundated with gifts that they know in the end, perhaps not even to estimate. For me, Christmas is the feast when Christ was born, a celebration of love and family, and gratitude that it gives us. That's why I'm just happy to see the people that I love seeing the people that I see throughout the year as good as ever. Spend together with them in peace and tranquility for a few days and enjoy the time just about. Of course there are also gifts, but they are incidental and not bombastic. Just come from the heart.
ReplyDeleteI wish you all a couple of good days and happy Christmas.
Oh no, the Xmas shoppings! Haven't gotten a single gift yet since I've been sick for the last week or so -- ah well, seems I have to leave it to the worst pre-Xmas rush in the stores next week... :p
ReplyDeleteI'm a lucky one in a sense that I've always had a good, solid family so Xmas evenings have been these warm, relaxed family events -- just me and my parents and, when they still lived, my grandparents. Nowadays, I read and hear so much about people whose childhood times have been living hell due to alcoholism in the family, abuse, whatnot, that I feel I really shouldn't complain about _anything_ in my life...
Ah well, but of course, now when I work a busy job and am an "adult" the Xmas is not such a "big" thing as it used to be when I was a kid -- now it's just a nice family dinner with all those traditional Xmas foods but not something I would really wait for weeks/months beforehand... :p Which is kinda sad -- seems I've lost this "inner child" in all this hectic running around in this work and "business" world -- I've had barely time to even notice that hey, it's only week till Xmas Eve! Heh, this may sound weird but one thing I'm really looking forward in the Xmas Eve is going to the graveyard to light candles on our relatives' graves -- I love the calm peace of that place, it's all silent and dark and then those hundreds/thousands of candles flickering in the darkness... I could just walk around there for hours, it's like balm to my nerves :)
Btw, thanks again for that post where you answered to Bonome, it was really inspiring and encouraging -- I had to read it again with all those comments and all I can say is that you really have great people, sensitive and compassionate following this blog here! :) I've been writing stories and painting pictures since I was 3-4 years old, gotten praising feedback of my work when I was older but _still_ I haven't had enough trust in my abilities to start to pursue a career in those fields. Then I've listened too much of those people who say "art is crap, you won't get your living from it, go get a proper job and stop dreaming of impossible things!" Pfft... maybe it's time that I even give a try -- wouldn't hurt anyone to offer some of my texts to a publisher, for example. Let _them_ tell me it's crap, if it's crap, and not people who don't even understand art themselves... :p
Anyways, good luck with your Xmas shoppings and thanks again for being so open about yourself! :)
I've got all x-mas presents. I call them fix presents. Now, I'm buying little presents, just for fun and to make my fiends happy. I love to buy presents and I have really special way what to buy. I am in the shop looking around and if I see the person to who I want to buy something in that thing, I immediately take it.
ReplyDeleteI really hate x-mas ( except of buying presents. I like to make people happy). Especially dinner on 24 of December ( here in Slovakia we have great dinner and after it we received presents). I have bad memories so it is often too hard for me to deal with this time. I am always asking why my father should to say after this dinner, that he is leaving my mom and he starts to live with his. I was 14... Since then, my mom tried to do it perfect, but she passed away, it is even harder to face this event.
So I have take all strength and start to like it... This x-mas will be different. No crying grandma, aunt, nobody... I will spent it with my best friend. there are many people that have worst condition than me...So I try to learn to say Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad :o)
So good hunt for presents Anette and Merry Navidad ;o)
Sofia Jana
Hi dear!!
ReplyDeleteLet me bore you a little telling a bit why I`m not so crazy about xmas.. heheh
My parents divorced when I was really young.. 7 or something.. and since then, xmas is always a pain.. My dad used to come home to spend xmas with us (I have 4 brothers and 1 sis too) and every year, it always turned out in a fight. My dad just couldn`t leave my mum alone and oh my.. it always sucked a loooot.
My dad always comes for xmas and new years eve, but all of us want to spent time with girlfriend/boyfriend and stuff and daddy don`t see that.. And the holidays are the only time we have tot ravel during the year, and we get stuck here because my dad still thinks we`re kids and want to spend xmas time with him. This year I`m going to my mum`s house just to get away from him.. He`s a christian.. not that this is a bad thing.. but he`s a lunatic, sees satan everywhere and it`s a pain. I have to hide my tattoos and I have to lie to him because I can`t tell him I`m a lesbian.. Hes the only one who doesn`t know that.. I`m so afraid to tell him because I think he might hit me or have a stroke or something.. he`s 66 years old already, so.. Im afraid he might get sick or something..
Well.. So you can see.. xmas it`s not my favorite time of the year.. hopefully, far away from dad, this year will not be as bad..
About gifts: I already got mum`s and my girlfriend`s.. In fact, my gf was with me when I got it, so of course, she`s already with it hehehe.
hugs and I`m sorry to bore you!!
bye bye =)
I love christmas by my parents.. my mom always decorate the house so beautifull :) I need to buy christmas gifts to
ReplyDeleteBut I really want snow with christmas.. but that never happen here in the netherlands :( Now it's snowing though :)
It's my dream to go to Finland with Christmas.
Whe are you leaving to thailand?
For me this Christmas will be sunny and hot, since im going to see my father in Dubai, UAE. In my city (Iasi, Romania) it's been snowing for 3 days, never stoped.(they said at the news it's yellow code <3333) So at least I have snow before the winter holiday, but i didn't get presents yet T_T.
ReplyDeleteHey Nettie!
ReplyDeleteOf course I love Christmas , my favourite holiday....filled with joy! The smell of cookies...Jesus's birth....
I will send you a present for Christmas , I hope that you will like it =)
Many hugs
Ena
Good morning dear Anette,
ReplyDeleteyeah shopping x-mas gifts is great...I will also have to go one of these days, because I have to buy lots of gifts! for me it's always fun and I already have some ideas too!
Yes I have already gotten some x-mas gifts: from my grandma a nice winter cap with light blue and silver snow flakes on it and from my uncle a beautiful coffee cup.
We have done a nice thing with my group of close friends too: it woulnd't have been possible for each of us to get a present for all the others, so we wrote our names on a scrap of paper and everyone picked one and he had to buy a present for the person he picked!
Yesterday we all met to give the presents to each other and it was great...we had so much fun! We admitted that it was really hard to buy the presents without telling anything about them to each other!
I recieved a wonderful necklace with a butterfly medallion of glas and it's colour matches the colour of my eyes, a little funny bunny and some sweets.
Christmas is my favourite holiday and I love it so much, because my dearest uncle and aunt(the craziest people ever) are coming with their families to our place. It's so exciting to have the whole family together and to give presents to each other and have fun!
On the 24. and 25. we celebrate Christmas and my birthday, which is on december 26th.
This has been like this since I was born and I never want it to change!
Then I spend the 26th with my very best friend. And on one of the other days I celebrate my birthday with my friends too!
Hope you enjoyed shopping the presents!
Have a nice day!
Love,
Herta
Hello, Anette! =)
ReplyDeleteI read in your previous posts that there are lots of snow in Sweden. Oh my God, I envy you! Unfortunately, the climate in the city where I live is pretty warm, so it will be snowy not earlier than in February.
But Christmas is coming! I love Cshristmas and The New Year! :D I've already decorated my Christmas tree. I put some of my favorite CDs on it instead of traditional colorful balls))). It looks funny and unusual))).
I haven't bought any gifts yet, but I will, of course))).
What gifts are you going to get for the boys from NW? Oh, and it's Tuomas' Birth Day soon! Is there going to be a party?
Have a nice day, Nettan! =) And good luck in looking for X-mas gifts! =))
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteIt's been a while since I've been able to post...But i make sure to read your postings...Everyday you have something special to offer!!
I wanted to respond to your question about Xmas...
I love this time of year...even though I am swamped with painting orders...But I have the music goin, lots of coffee and enjoy the anticipation of getting together with family and friends. It's been a tough year financially so the gifts will be very limited. I usually like to do handmade gifts so I hope to find time for those...I still have to do Xmas cards. I agree with you that it's as much fun to watch those you care about open their gifts...I did a portrait for my best friend of her dogs last year...and we all cried...it was really special. I know as I've gotten older, I want gifts that have a lot of meaning...
My cats love the tree...expecially our youngest...at least she hasn't knocked it over. How are your kitties doing with the Xams decor? Oh and I would love to do a portrait of Kulan...If you would like. I paint on real birch bark...
Here's my web site:
www.birchartpainting.com
Hope you have a wonderful Xmas and enjoy your vacation! I can't wait for your cd!!!
Take care!!!
((((HUGS))))
Christine
Well, I have nothing against those who celebrate Christmas, but I personally do not celebrate. I never celebrated Christmas in my life, my parents never celebrated so I conditioned myself not to celebrate. This does not mean I do not do parties and I do not enjoy, I love to have fun with my friends and my family. Do not think that I am a "Grinch" who hates Christmas.... and everything... hehehehe, I just do not celebrate, just that =)
ReplyDeleteHave a great day my dear Swedish singer, good luck in the purchase of gifts, enjoy so much ;-)
All the best to all
Hugs from Brazil =)
I love x-mas! it´s time when all my love ones are together. It´s also for me time to calm down. i like burning candles, be under warm blanket, reading a book and drinking mulled wine (finnish: glögi).
ReplyDeleteI love buying presents and thought that I did not have any problems.. Well, now I think I was wrong. Only a week anymore and i have bought only a few little things to my man. Need to buy presents to my 4 sisters and parents, also few of my sisters boyfriends. One of them is coming to Finland from England and having also birthday on 26th december.. Doubletrouble I would say (=
Lovely x-mas time for you and enjoy the sun! Come back full of energy and good feelings!
*hugs*
Hi Anette
ReplyDeleteI love the x-mas time because i think its very nice to give somebody presents. At the x-mas evening me and my family eat together and after this we sit around the x-mas tree and everyone get his presents.
But its a little bit hard for me because my Grandma died 3 years ago and at this time I thougt a lot about her.
Have a nice day
Lots of Hugs
Maria
Hi Nettie
ReplyDeleteHumm Christmas. I like the atmosphere around it: christmastrees, lots of little lights on the houses... But my family istn't that much for Christmas. So we only eat something 'more special' food. My sister and me always give a present at my mum and she gives one at us. But she always askes what to by (and that's a smart thing ;) ) So this year I will get a cd, I usally ask for this. :)
And further, I have my examens after the christmas vacation, so it will be a hard study time again.
In the meantime: A merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy the vacation!
Hi dear Annette! How are you?
ReplyDeleteFor me Christmas is the most fabulous time of year! I can’t imagine X-mas without snow, x-mas trees and tangerines! Unfortunately I can’t buy gifts for all my dear friends. Sometimes I make gifts for them myself. I try congratulate each of my friends or relatives personally . That’s why x-mas is associated with expensive international calls:)
Anette, did you believe in Santa Claus when you were a child? I even wrote him a letter and still make wishes at New Year's night:)
*hugs and kisses*
Have a good day!:)
Daria
Hi Anette !
ReplyDeleteSo I love x-mas, but like you, this year i don't have time to buy anything... I'll go to buy the gifts tomorrow afternoon. I know what I will buy tomorrow so it's a good point, I love to offer gifts.
I love this period, because i can see my family, friends and i can dance, sing and go out with them...
Have a nice x-mas, if I don't have time to post an other comment. Stay like you are ;-)
Hello Nettan!
ReplyDeleteHow are you feeling today? :-) Hope you don't get badly stressed because you haven't done all the x-mas planning. ;-)
Yep, x-mas shopping is really nice. Well, there could be a possibility that every store is full of people who do the last minute shopping.. :-)
Most of all i love x-mas. It is the time to take easy and be with your family. Some years ago it wasn't so nice because of my dad and his bad alcoholic problem.
But this year it's coming a white x-mas and i really enjoy it! ;-) Hmm, maybe i will go outside and do a huge snowman! haha. ;-)
Enjoy the day!
With love,
Ewe
Buying and giving gifts for others can be fun sometimes :)
ReplyDeleteBut well, I don't do it often.
I like all the lights and atmosphere of good feelings everywhere, but for me Xmas is just an ordinary holiday. This is it because we, me and my mom, always spend our time at home alone. We don't celebrate with our relatives because they are living in other place far from here, as my father and sister, or they are unfriendly, as my aunt, uncle and cousins.
We have a very small family and few friends next to us and the income is always tight, so that's why we don't celebrate Xmas. Sometimes we watch some movies and eat a lot, but that all that happen and we don't know how we can change this. Christmas time, and any other holiday, is fun and nice here but always so lonesome.
But I always see the positive side of it. Lots of things you wrote here are helping me changing the bad habit and I always feel happy when someone I like is having fun. I hope you enjoy a lot your Xmas and your trip to Taiwan.
Hi Anette
ReplyDeleteX-mas is hard for me, It used to be a time of family gathering at my Nan's and celebration. however since my Nan passed away, none of the family meet anymore as we all live far away.
Hopefully this year will be different and the years to come, now I have my baby. Obviously he won't anything this year, but now I live for X-mas to see his face light up.
I bet your little boy still gets excited. Do you remember when he started to believe in Father Christmas and the magic of Christmas?
I wish you a lovely relaxing vacation, I'm so jealous however hehe.
Take care and best wished
Carol and baby Ethan x
Oh x-mas gifts are the best!
ReplyDeleteI wonder how Tuomas should be double happy every Christmas, because he gets two gifts from everyone and the whole world celebrates his birhday! ;D
I loved you last post, its was so encouraging, made my day! ;)
Anyway, love you Nettan, and Merry Christmas for you and you family!
kisses from Brazil ;*
Hey Anette :)
ReplyDeletehope your shopping went well and you feel good :)
Thank you for asking about x-mas :)
I really enjoy to answer your questions :)
I personaly love Christmas :)
I always buy a biiiig tree and its my duty to make this tree look beautiful ;) and of course i decorated the whole apartment with everything that looks like x-mas. so to speak: candle´s, heart´s, little santa´s and there is always this little x-mas tree i put on the TV(i love this little tree^^)
and if my dear cat wouldnt run away i would decorated her too :)
I love it i love it :)
All those warming colours the songs and the wonderful atmorphere always reminds me of my childhood
(i still have those tapes with all those x-mas songs i used to hear when i was a kid and i love to listen to them every year again)
Sorry if i scared you(was not in my mind to do so) but, Iam a x-mas freak with all my heart.
I havent gotten every persent yet, but i will get them soon. at least i know what i need to buy ;)
Thank you once again for your interest in us :)
Makes me feel happy ;)
Have a great day now :)
Huuuugs from munich
LOVE AND RESPECT
ChRiS^^
Hi Anette, everything ok? I know that you love cats, so, since that I don't have money to send a little gift to you there in sweden , I want to sharing with you this little Vídeo:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMxGvam5Ros
This video is so sweet and I hope that you like =)
Unfortunately this is the best gift I can give you at the moment, I hope that one day I can send you this one more appropriate or perhaps give him personally when you come to Brazil again. =)
Have a great day
Hugs from Brazil =)
Hi Anette!
ReplyDeleteI wish you good luck on your gift shopping.
I usually have a very hard time when trying to find a present to someone, because I think that a presente should be something special to that person and show how much thought I have put on it.
Despite that, I love x-mass. For me and my family it's one of the rare occasions we have to get all together and just enjoy each others company.
And I feel that no matter how angry you have been at someone, you always find that extra will to forgive him or her at this time of year, don't you think so?
Well, I think I've written too much now...
I hope you and your family have a great x-mas! And that you have great fun on your trip!
I've started Christmas shopping but have a fair bit more to do! We've paid for my son Daniel to have a meet and greet with Lady GaGa in the UK next March as he's a big fan and it'll be a big moment for him.
ReplyDeleteI like to find things, usually online, that are a bit different like rare records or concert tickets that people will like.
Like you i enjoy the look on people's faces when i get them something special, it's a nice feeling. Happy Shopping!!
Tom x
Hi, Anette!
ReplyDeleteHow are you? =)
Here, it's snowing (but not so much)
It's so beautiful..
(if you want to see, I took a picture from my window: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nNXbC2JSl64/Syo9D-oXzhI/AAAAAAAAACI/_b5WqFt2624/s1600-h/Tof )
Today we are without heating, because of repairs. So I'm a little bit cold now.
I dreamt I met you
Why am I woke up?? ...
I love x-mas
I think it's a so warming feast
For me, x-mas mean happiness , family, gifts,...
I need to buy some x-mas gifts..
I think I will do that tomorrow
Enjoy the day!
Kisses and hugs
Ana
Good afternoon!
ReplyDeleteAbout the Christmas... I love it but I haven't felt the "Christmas spirit" in many many years. Ever since fall I dreamt of Christmas Eve, I burnt the candles whole December and baked some gingerbread cookies, but when the day came I felt nothing. This year I was already sad about it.
Then, this week I was taking a long walk (the snow and frost finally came!) and thought about things... What does Christmas mean to me and why don't I feel like I used to?
You know, I'm a bit too young to celebrate the years passed and be thankful about things that happened before (I know I should, though ;P ) but a bit too old to get all excited about the gifts and stuff. Being with the family, well, we gather to celebrate so often and I'm always grateful having them around me so what's so special about that day. I'm not that religious, either, nor do I love the food.
I came to a conclusion, there is nothing for me in Christmas now BUT what about thinking and dreaming my future Christmas'? Why not be thankful of those things in advance? ;) I can see me baking gingerbreads with my own kids or taking a walk in a snowy forest with a dog, and stuff like that. Things that make me feel warm inside.
Then, little by little I've been grasping the right mood. Actually I should be knitting wool socks for my brother right now, what a modest guy, that's all he asked for present. :D Then tomorrow I'll go listen heavy Christmas carols, I hope Marco will be there singing for us... I have a whole week left so I'll make the best of it!
Enjoy the evening! :)
Hey there :)
ReplyDeleteNo, I didn't get any gifts yet. But it doesn't matter. The biggest gift will be that I'll go home, and that all my family will be there.
I'm going to college in another town, so I don't get to see my family very often.
So yeah, I'm really looking forward to Christmas and spending few days at home. <3
Um... I wanted to ask you something. There is a word that Nightwish got a permission to release The heart asks pleasure first. Is it true? I really hope it is.
Thank you for answering. ^^
I wish you the best Christmas ever. Kisses from Croatia :)
Sanja
Dear Anette,
ReplyDeletei think, christmas has become a cliché for many people. We have to love each other this day, we have to buy gifts for each other... However the all things should be something else.
For me it's a christian holiday, with the meaning God loves us, and He doesn't wan us to fall. So he gives us salvation in Jesus Christ.
Of course we give gifts each other but that's not the most important thing. Being together is much better :) (That's why i am a bit sad, because my best friend is in Germany now, and we'll meet only next year...) And i think, we must love each other not only this day. There's 364 days more in a year... :) Borderless chances for love :)
I hope you could buy all the gifts you wanted :)
Have a nice evening!
Hugs from Hungary :)
Hi Anette!
ReplyDeleteYeah it's almost Christmas and I'm really looking forward to it. :D We don't celebrate Christmas with presents because we already have a national celebration day on December 5 which we celebrate with presents. With Christmas, we visit family, have a nice dinner with our own household and grandparents, and just have a nice time together. We also go to the church to remember the birth of Christ Jesus.
I really hope for a white Christmas since that's pretty rare here in the Netherlands. But, when I woke up this morning the world was all covered with snow and just looked like Winter Wonderland so there's hope. :)
Have a nice day!
Hugs,
Marianne
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteI find it very nice that you want to know how to do it ourselves christmas.
I've already bought all the gifts for my family and friends. Unfortunately, Christmas is no longer what it once was. End of October, the roads are already adorned. Everywhere we hear the Christmas music in November. Previously we looked forward to the Christmas-eve. The Christmas tree was decorated and mother cooked a good dinner. We kids looked forward to the gifts under the Christmas tree. I am glad not to christmas - it's just stressful. My family no longer lives in the same place and so we drive every day another family member to visit.
Hope you have a stress-free Christmas. I wish you of whole heart.
Have a nice day.
I love x-mas! I'm together with my family and we have nice dinner, desert and oofcourse opening the presents. Actually yesterday I was out bying gifts to my friends (done with my family). Here in Norway we have a big mall called "Kvadrat" and there they have everything. So I'm almost done with the presents. But x-mas is my favorite time season of the year.
ReplyDeleteTonight the is a christmas ball at my school so I'm going there xD
Hej Anette!!
ReplyDeleteHow are you? So, Christmas is here! Did you buy nice things? At Christmas my parents would like me to buy a new snowboard! Do you like skiing? If I couldn't write you as soon as possible, I want to wish you and your family & friends and Nightwish all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year, full of joy, happiness and some good music!
A big hug! Mattia.
I love surprising special people with things I know they'll love. Since I make jewelery I like to make special gifts for people. Especially some one who doesn't expect it at all. It's great to give some one thanks for being in your life. Have a great time shopping Anette! I love your Idol winner. What a great voice...
ReplyDeleteHi Anette,
ReplyDeleteI like christmas it's so cosy and festive. But this year I'm going to enjoy it most because at Christmas I'm coming home from my exchange semester in Spain.
It was a really good experience but now I'm lucky that my personal "World Tour" is coming to an end. You see it will be a special christmas for me.
Greetings from Valencia/Spain and take care
Hi Nettie! I'm an early bird when it comes to presents, usually I start shopping X-mas presents for my friends and family on September! It's quite easy, I just keep my eyes open and when I see something that I know somebody would like I buy it and store it until his/her birthday or X-mas. :) Today I bought the last present, for my fiancés sisters son. :) That was hard, since he is ten years old and I haven't even met him properly. And he wanted a laptop. Like we have that kind of money.. So I bought him a big box of chocolate and we'll also give him some money for the laptop. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a nice X-mas with your closest ones!
hi Nettie!
ReplyDeletehonestly, i don't really like christmas. it's so commercial now.. in my family we always ask each other about what we want to get, so we try not to buy unnecessary things. this year i'll get a ticket for a metallica show, 'cause they'll play here in hungary in may.
it's also a big problem for me, that i don't like cooking, and we always spend the whole day in the kitchen.. and we're so tired in the evening that we can't really enjoy the meals and presents. and the worst part is that we don't have a very long holiday, so we have to go to school even on tuesday..
so, i have a lot of thoughts against christmas, but all in all it usually turns out to be quite nice. so it's not bad, but really not my favourite. at least, we have the birthday of a very important person on the 25th, and i'll think about him a lot..; ))))))
Hello Anette!
ReplyDeleteI love christmas. I love to plan what kind of presents I will do or buy to my loved ones. Usually I do the presents myself, for example last christmas I made soaps to my family, one x-mas I made a scarf to my sister and her boyfriend etc.
This x-mas I haven't had so much money for all the stuff that is needed when I do handmade presents so now I have just bought gifts. Well I did this one handmade gift to my grandmum because I know that she appreciates handmade gifts.
I live now by myself so I travel to my parent's home (which is my childhood home) for christmas. Today I have just cleaned my appartment like a maniac :D so it will be tidy for x-mas.
I reallly enjoy christmas, untill all the fighting begins. My family likes x-mas very much, exept my dad. So in 24th december he always starts to argue about everything. And I really mean everything. Then usually I start to cry and for a moment I think that x-mas is ruined. But then I say myself that I have to cheer up even though my dad is so anti-christmas. Then me, mum and my sister go to my grandmum's place to eat all the delicious x-mas food and in there everything is just great. =)
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteI think presents are even't needed for christmas. They're sorta a pleasant bonus to it all. The thing that matters most to me is being with family or friends. Spending nice times together. Being away from the usuall life and such. Hope you like this thought:)
Love Dennis xxx
Hello Anette :)
ReplyDeletexmas shopping is very stressful, I think. And I haven't bought presents yet.
But I still love christmas time and this year we have some snow here. :D
I'm looking forward to christmas eve, because my mother and me are always watching together some old films on tv (Pippi Longstocking for example), and my mother always makes a nice dinner.:)
Hugs and greetings from Germany
Sarah
Christmas is a celebration with rather mixed feelings for me.My father has left me and my mother when I was 3 years old.And thus live only me, my mother and my grandpa in a household.And our family has quite broken generally. Everybody lives his own life and is not interested in the other. One has no hold in our family. Sometimes I wish a family which holds together, even if there are sometimes heavy times.Sometimes we celebrate Christmas with my aunt with her family. But it is not simply harmonious because she is not loose separate absolutely seriously and Strictly.
ReplyDeleteMoreover, we do not have so much money for presents because my mother is ill and cannot work, therefore. Still I love the christmas-time. One hears nice songs, eats biscuits and drinks warm tea. In winter one sees once more, what nice pictures nature has.
Unfortunately, one always has this pressure to have to have the perfect present.
But I think if I have sometimes a family and then these things run better, then Christmas becomes certainly very nice and a warm family celebration. I hope it.
How do you think about christmas, Anette?
Which experience have you gained with your family during the x-mas time? I hope that this question is not too personal.
Have a nice x-mas time. Maybe you can write me back. It would be very nice ;=)
I love christmas =D We don't always celebrate it because we have another holiday in the Netherlands in december that we call Sinterklaas, but this year we skipped Sinterklaas so it's going to be presents with Christmas <3
ReplyDeleteBut I even don't have my wishlist ready because I've just been ill for more than a week so that was mostly lying on my bed >.<'
It's going to be present-shopping with friends coming week I guess =P And I just hope the snow stays for some more days, so we can finally have a white Christmas again!
'Nouky
Hello Anette!
ReplyDeleteI love to give presents to other people. I've got only gifts for my parents and brother. I'm gonna buy something else this weekend ;)
Have a nice evening.
A lot of hugs
Alicja
Hey Anette.
ReplyDeleteI have done all of my xmas shopping. :)
I finally break up for xmas holiday from university for a 3 week break. But I have to work so that sucks and even on xmas eve I have to work. :(
I hope you have a nice xmas because you deserve it.
Take care
Lisa x
If I send you a present and you would get it, would you look at it then and keep or is there also a presents, which you give to another person, because you think, that you dont need it?
ReplyDeleteDo you look all presents and do read all letters? Is it bad if mine x-mas present comes later?
Since I send it from Germany.
Hey.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know, what you meant with HEP-HEP'S.
And yesterday I bougth CD&DVD Made in HongKong, and now I know, what Hep Heps is ;=)
Very Cool.
How do you came to '' Hep-Hep'' ?
Hugs ♥
Have wonderful vacations and take care !!!!
Hi :)
ReplyDeleteI love watching people open presents as well, I've given a few already. There's a cheap-ish German supermarket near our school which a friend of mine loves, so me and some other friends brought him £15 worth of sweets, biscuits etc, wrapped each item individually and gave them to him! His face was like ":D"!
Haven't got any presents yet since we're doing present swapping tomorrow, except one from my boyfriend who went on holiday, he gave me a bracelet, and I gave him some chocolate and a dvd :)
Hope you have an absolutely fantastic christmas! :)
Best wishes from England
xx
A wonderful christmas present was given to me today and thought I'd share it with everyone since it came through a very strange situation.
ReplyDeleteI was out with my friend, Mita shopping when she received an unexpected call from her employer and had to leave. I decided to stay at the shopping centre by myself when a woman smashed into my foot with her cart. She screamed at me to to get out of the way making me very mad.
Now I am a relatively passive person until you violate my space and blaim me for it. I yelled back at her emphasising she was very rude and asked her what the hell was her problem was; which only continued the argument with heated words back and forth. I could tell she was obviously under a lot stress because she started to cry infront of me which made me cry back.
Anyone who knows my situation and why I'm back in SA will understand why the tears fell so freely. She suddenly said she was sorry and felt very ashamed for shouting at me. Things were bad for her right now and that it was no excuse. I softened a bit and told her I understood her and that things were very bad for me too. She looked at me with very sad eyes and said she was so unhappy. I don't know what happened, but the urge to hug her fell into place and suddenly felt her arms around me before I got the chance to first. She said we both needed one and returned it tightly.
A total stranger, I have never met before just suddenly there sharing in an emotion I can't describe. I've known people my entire life and they could careless to give something to you as simple as a hug when you need it the most.
Nothing special happened afterwards, just a thanks of "I needed that." And well wishes. The lady told me she felt like she had known me forever. and I did too. We never even caught each other's names. Many people have come to be little angels that walk past you in life even if it's just a hug, a song or words of encouragement. These are good presents too. These little things called emotions mean the greatest thing sometimes.
hej there, up in cold sweden!
ReplyDeleteso, i love to make presents! it's better than getting some and i'm soooo glad, that i finally can tell my cool presents to someone. otherwise i would burst soonly. (my friends are all so talkative i can't tell it anyone)
for my parents, who did a great job with bringing me up, i found some tickets for a four-courses dinner with some theme. so they can chose if they would prefer an dinner with some criminal story during the dining or some opera-story beside it. it's their choice.
for my female best friend i went to czech republic today, because i've been their some weeks ago and i found some wooden sculptures, i thought a giraffe would fit perfectly.
for my male best friend, who took me on saturday to moneybrother (oh boy, you swedish people rock! i didn't know this artist before, but he was amazing, i will find some nice and comfy homesocks. it's some x-mas-gag between us. we always give each other warm homesocks. (and it's one of the best gifts every year!)
for my love i found so many things and it seems not enough at all, because he is just amazing. his biggest wish for christmas this year was the new nespresso citiz. we already own three or four coffee machines, but it doesn't matter. it was his biggest wish. and i found him some remote-controlled car... one of his all time favourites and audi q7 in white. since he has on 25th his birthday, i thought it's okay. he was the greatest help, when i was sick this year and on many other occasions he showed me his support, love and even when i had jaundice - because of the disease - and i was as yellow as a simpson his true affection.
for my grandparents we made a picture of my sisters, my love and me.
my sisters get a gift coupon of a shopping center, because they change their wishes too often to follow their minds.
(it was going like this: "i wanna see the ski-jumping, no... i wanna have some make up, no... i wanna have some tickets for the cinema, no... better would be this dvd... or no... stopp it... a new haircut... a cocktail drinking session with you - but you still shouldn't drink alcohol... maybe you can ask your friend from finland, if she knows kimi räikkönen and if she could ask him for his signature..."
and the second one: "ohh... right now, i would like a red t-shirt with hannah montana on it... oooooor... some new red earrings... ooooor... anything red. or something with hello kitty on it - in red... oh, i have no idea... i guess, something red?!") hilarious.
i can't wait for christmas because i want to see their faces. hopefully the joy in their eyes.
i think about those presents since september and i hope they would love them.
Dear Anette,
ReplyDeleteIt has been such a long time since I last wrote you a message and I am sorry for that, but I did not stop reading your blog. Life is busy for me at the moment and I hardly find myself some time to sit down and reply to e-mails, blogs, etc. Before answering the question you ask us in this blog entry, I would like to say to you that you look stunning in the pictures you showed us a few blog entries back (Title: Finland;=) Date: 26 November 2009). :-)
For me Christmas is supposed to be a warm holiday where you spend time together with your family. A decorated home, thick layer of snow outside, a huge Christmas tree in the house, lots of food, some presents, singing along with Christmas songs, much laughter, joy and love. Something like we often are showed in the typical Christmas movies. In my opinion very nice movies that make me feel all warm inside.
Unfortunately that is not how I am used to celebrate Christmas. I have a decorated house and a Christmas tree, I do sing along with Christmas songs, buy a few presents and eat more than I usually eat. But I miss the feelings such as warmth and love. My mother and I form the whole family, because the other family members have either passed away or fell apart back in a time I was not even born yet (I am 18 years old). I feel sad for not having some more family, especially during Christmas, a holiday that in my opinion is supposed to be celebrated with your family. I know that I should not complain, because the most important person in my life is still there with me and for me, but I still feel like I have some empty holes in my heart that ache more during this time of the year... or something like that. It is a little bit hard to explain, especially in such little text. And this year I also miss the one other family member I had next to my mother, my grandmother, who unfortunately passed away in late 2008.
Anyway, I do not know what Christmas presents my mother has bought me, but there are some packages wrapped in paper that smile to me everyday, asking me to unwrap them. Still, I have to resist one more week. ;-) And tomorrow I go Christmas shopping myself. :-) I find it so hard to buy people a decent and somewhat original present.
Hope you have a wonderful time in Thailand, a beautiful Christmas and a happy new year! May you be healthy and have all your dreams and wishes come true. You deserve it, Anette.
Big hugs!
Yours,
Lisa
Hope you're enjoying your free time.
ReplyDeleteFor me the holidays are always kinda hard-
we don't have a lot of money
but somehow my parents always manage.
I have a few things I have or will be getting
for my friends, in mind already. I can't say
what because I have friends who read your
blog whenever I'm around them and I don't
want them to read this and know!
But yes, it's a some-what fun holiday:
I usually have more fun on New Year's Eve,
but still it's enjoyable. I just love
our two week long break from school!
Tomorrow's actually my last day until January
4th. So that's exciting.
When's your son's last day? Oh and how
are your cats doing? Is you're son still
loving Busan, or has the excitement from that
kinda died off now?
Right, you're going to Thailand. From where
I live in the US, Sweden is like,
a 6 hour time difference maybe?
Thailand- I'm pretty sure- is a 12 hour time
difference...that sucks. But maybe you
should take a break from blogging when you
go- you need to enjoy your vacation!
We'll miss you if you don't blog, but you
still should relax. We all want that for you!
But I hope you had a good day!
Hugs and love, Katie T.
Hey Anette!!!
ReplyDeleteI love Christmas! And I do love shopping for other people (when I know what I am getting tehe). I had most of my shopping done but then two guys broke into our car!!!! They stole a couple valuable things and a couple of gifts and some other things. We are lucky we're all okay though, and that no one was hurt. For the gifts that were stolen, we all want to buy them again... hehe. (there weren't many at all =) and for the expensive other valuable things stolen, hopefully insurance will cover some. =) We are all okay though! (some nightwish cds were stolen... ((not mine though; my sister's... grrrrr) In my opinion those people don't deserve good music!!!
But I love love Christmas! I love seeing my friends and family!!! (well I see my family all the time actually... not my sister though since she is in University and I'm in grade 12).
I hope you have an awesome time in Thailand! (even though I still find that an odd place to be on Christmas hehehehhe =)
xoxoxoxox
-Alena
Well.. X-mas is one of the hardest days in a year. "Everyone" spends that day with their love ones. I try to fill my X-mas with work. I try to close my ears with all "merry x-mas" etc. stuff.
ReplyDeleteI lost my mother 4 years ago, she was the only close relative I had. We never spent X-mas so called "normal way", for me it was time when my mun finally came out from her office room and closed it for 1-2 days. Those were the only days, she didn't work. We usually didnt have x-mas tree etc, but most important was, that we spent x-mas together, usually we watched 3-7 movies and ate (a lot :D) it was really fun. Unfortunally cancer took my mum away from me.
One more X-mas alone, I just try to forget, which is more than unpossibly, when people everywhere wishes You merry x-mas all the time.. and I just want to shut them up :D So not too positive feeling about x-mas, also loosing my bestfriend has been hard in every special day like in x-mas, valentine's day etc. And she is not dead, it just didnt work to be friends, but can't forget her.
But there is one good thing about this whole thing, I don't have to buy any x-mas presents, of course I will not receive any either, but hey.. that is no problem ;)
Anyway I wish You all Merry X-mas, spend it with the ones You love and are important to You!
Love,
Tiia
Wow Anette everyone write a lot!! all we wrote about problems, work, music... life!! We seem like a big family, don't you think? :DD
ReplyDeleteIt's nice that we all have the opportunity to talk about our things and read about the others :DD
Do you read every comment here? that must take you a lot of time!!
About Christmas...It's always a sad time since my brother passed away, he had cancer so we have never celebrated Christmas, just diner and talk together (my parents and my other brother)... , but I would like to celebrate one day with tree, lights, gifts (loveeeeeeee gifts) :D
This Christmas I think we are gonna play cards and eat cookies, cheese, Buñuelos...etc!and just have fun!
I wish you the best in your holidays!!!
Have fun!!
Hugs :)
Hey Anette!
ReplyDeleteHow are you?!
First of all thank you for giving the addresses to us, so that we can send gifts or letters to you and the boys :=) thanks so much for that!
Well, I love the Christmas time, 'cause of this warm and nice atmosphere and because the whole family spends some time together. But since I'm not a religious person, all the Jesus-things and stuff like nativity plays are not very important to me... I haven't celebrated Christmas 'till I was 11 so I celebrate it for 4 years now and I have to confess, I'm still not really used to it, it's a quite strange feeling, but I guess - or hope - I'll get used to it during the next years... I also didn’t celebrate birthday or Easter, because my family was Jehova’s Witness for a long, long time. Now a days we aren’t, now we all are undenominational.
Of course I love it to make others happy with giving gifts to them, it’s a great feeling! But there’s also something which bothers me a bit during the Christmas time… Well, in this time everyone asks for charitable donations and stuff, but how do we know if the money gets to where it’s needed?! And why do people mostly do this just on Christmas, not over the whole year?! And after people gave some donations, they haven’t got a bad conscience anymore and they just enjoy their celebration, pretending that the world’s absolutely wonderful and peaceful and that anyone loves anyone. That’s why I’m still a bit sceptic about this whole X-mas thing… I don’t like this attitude.
I’m sorry if you think completely different about that, that’s just my opinion…
Well, I hope you had a great day and I wish you a Merry, Merry Christmas in Thailand, I’ll fly to Brazil tomorrow and I’ll be there for two weeks, so I come back on 2nd January… I hope I can surf in the internet there, I’ll try to write you from there! So, we both are on the beach on Christmas ;=)
Wish you a very, very nice evening and so much fun in Thailand! Wish you all the best, take care!
Lots and lots of hugs & love,
yours, Kim-Noêmia ♥
P.S.: It snowed the whole day, here in Germany, I hope there will be no complications because of the weather tomorrow ;=)
Hi Anette!
ReplyDeleteI really love x-mas,it's so magic,and it's the occasion for being with your family,your loved ones. Tonight begin my x-mas holidays,I was longing so I'm soo happy!! I used to stay in a student hostel, so being at home again feels great, with the whole family. December is my favorite month,because there is x-mas and my birthday on December 31st,so I can have lots of gifts hehe! but I truly enjoy to offer gifts to people,even more than receiving gifts!! to see everybody happy, smiling, laughing, it really warms my heart! and when it snows, I think it's even more magic,I love it! here in France it snows since yesterday, when I woke up I saw from the window of my student room lots of snow, and I felt sooo happy and excited,like little children haha!!! =)
Big hugs to you dear Anette
I love Christmas time.
ReplyDeleteNot for receive the presents but for its atmosphere....
Yesterday have snowing too, I'm so happy!!
Hugs, Miriam