Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Hmmm...

I forgot to say that every time I visit Copenhagen and go to one of my favourite stores in the US - Abercrombie & Fitch - I get a bit worried for all the men and boys going to shop there.

Why?
- Cause when you enter the big door to the store in Copenhagen, there is always a half-naked guy greeting you. The guy never wear a t-shirt or top, just jeans and the guys are always very fit and having a six-pack.

The girl who stands next to him has clothes on, no bikini or bare breast...

So, what do they want to accomplish with this?
Do they only want girls to shop there and no guys?

Or is it a kind of "push" for men to exercise to look like that guy??

Hmmm... I have no clue;=)

But a bit weird in my opinion? Yes!

26 comments:

  1. Hi dear Anette
    I hope you're doing great and so are the kids.
    I couldn't stop laughing it is weird indeed i imagined the scenes once i read your post . I do think somtimes you can't understand what the stores are promoting and it is all part of a big marketing plan .
    Love and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Direct map to this store please Anette! Hahaha

    If it works as a marketing idea for them then go for it. Bit of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a weird business :p
    We just learned that at school, very interesting but scary sometimes how they can make us buy things. Very sneaky!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha Tuomas H .com your comment made me chuckle hehehe

    How very strange...think i would just laugh at them & get on with my shopping...when iam shopping i dont care who is standing where as long as i can get where i want & what i want haha :p

    xx

    Hope your having a good day Anette

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't find it that weird. I mean, it is as weird as to see half naked girls in video clips, ads and so on and usually it shocks quite nobody (such a shame).

    For once, it is not a girl who's put forward to increase the sales so, why not?
    After all, in our "modern" societies, humans are objects like any others, unfortunately...

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Har du varit i samma butik i Stockholm? Jag var där med två vänner, och det var mörkt, trångt och all personal sa hela tiden "Hey, what's up?". Enda gången i mitt liv jag har känt mig klaustrofobisk.. =/ Jag vet inte egentligen så noga varför, jag har, som sagt, aldrig haft problem med trånga platser. Och förresten hade de ett väldigt underligt system för omklädningsrummen..
    On the positive side, hade de nog väldigt fina kläder, skulle ha velat köpa nåt, kunde bara inte stanna där tillräckligt länge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And have you seen the lines in NY Fifth Ave's store? How many people stand there just to get into the shop? Why all these teenagers wait in the heat to make a photo with a half-naked guy and get a simple shirt? It's more strange for me than absence of naked girls in there. Besides, the core audience of A&F seems to be a women one. But honestly I prefer Hollister: same naked boys (and girls in swimwear), no lines and more interesting models of clothes;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that that kind of selling is succesful. Otherwise they woulf already have stoppped that :D

    When I wanted to do my driving licence that woman behind the reception almost put her breasts into my face just to make me register myself at their driving school.
    I´ll never forgett the face of my girlfriend in the moment I asked 5 minutes after leaving:
    "Does she teach driving, too?" ^^

    I want you to ask something. Did you ever heard of Nicholas Spark? He read an amazing book called "Dear John" (In Germany it´s called "The shine of silence").
    I just can recommend the book. It´s so full of warmth and desperation.

    Hope you are fine and enjoy the rest of the evenning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Here On The A&F Store At Texas, There's a Half-Naked Guy & a Girl On Bikini, It's More Weird Than The Gothic Girls At HotTopic xD haha

    But It's Publicity, You Show a Half-Naked Boy, A Lot Of Girls Goes There Just For The Guy!! And The More Weird Thing It's That The Girls Take Pictures With The Boy!!! O.o & The Same Wit The Guys!! They Take Pictures With The Girl :S

    When I Read This I Was Thinking On The Face You Did When You Saw Him xD hahaha With The Face Of O.O WTF?? hahaha

    And Like You Said It's Not ''A Bit Weird''
    It's SO WEIRDO!!!!

    You Must Visit Hot-Topic When You Come To Usa!! The Employees Are So Weird!! They Wear a Lot Of Piercings, Multi-Colored Hair Extensions, a Lot Of Strange Tattoos, Zombie Or Vampire Contact Lenses, Etc...So Weird

    -Hugs & Kisses Nettie-

    -Hugs & Kisses-

    ReplyDelete
  10. SEX sells.....and glorification of the male physique makes sure of it...can't do that with a shirt on now, can we? Hoho!
    Its a manly store but girls should like it too, type attitude.
    Hi Anette:)
    The norm it isn't, and the thing about Abercrombie & Fitch is that they're noted for the more arcane and unconventional methods of advertising, thinking outside the box. Its a lure of virility, sexual prowess and being successful at the hunt, hens forth the girl who he is partnered with at the door. Its a low end approach cause none of the more high end clothing stores that I'm familiar with use the same ploy to get the shoppers-clients in.
    Some may find it offensive the most not or so they're banking on
    Thanks for the worry, love you for that.
    take care, and God bless
    lots of love'
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anette, I was several times in A&F in Milan and the situation is the same there and I bet it's the same in all of their shops. I think that all those sexy, magazine-like men and women belong to the company's politics. A&F - sexy clothing for sexy people :) I didn'l like it very much since I was embarassed when I wanted to ask something about some T-shirts :)

    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS Looking forward to seeing you in Prague in April :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anette! I'm just dropping by to spread some love, I hope you and your boys are all so so happy all of you, have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Såg en himla intressant föreläsning om just hur kvinnor blir påverkade av reklam och "advertising". Ca 30 minuter lång, och det sätter verkligen igång tankeprocessen!

    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/killing-us-softly-3/

    Hoppas du har haft en bra dag för övrigt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't like those type of marketing direction, I wouldn't even call it as marketing.

    I think it's not fun and also I believe it's unoriginal. That's my point of view.

    They just choose the easiest way to provoke your attention.
    It's sad we are really far from being creative......

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol a friend of me told me the same story today. it's probably just meant to sell more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha... very funny!
    I think I will not enter in that store if I see that. :D
    I most to say that you infect me with Sparzanza's song - My world of sin! I can't stop listening it :)
    Thank you for sharing it! ;)
    Big hug from Croatia!
    Love,
    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anette,
    Every time I go out and pass by Abercrombie & Fitch (because I never actually shop there) I can't help but laugh at this. It's a very odd form of marketing. Hope you and the boys are doing well.

    Peace,
    Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally agree with you. I hate Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister too!
    They're ridiculous! In Milan when you step in, you have a lot of boys and girls asking you "HEY, HOW'S GOING?" in English. WHY??? You are in Milan, so please talk in Italian! And the shop-assistants dance for the time. It seems like a disco without drinks. I also hate the low lights. You can't see anything! Bah. Fashion has always been a mistery for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Anette,

    Sorry this comment has got nothing to do with the note, but I would like to know something. I am going on to study music, film and psychology and in the end I would like to do my PHD on the psychology of music. If I was to ask you a few questions being a musician would I have to go through the whole thing of managers etc? Or could I just ask you here?

    BTW I really like Nightwish and your voice is amazing. I all so stumbled across an old band of yours the other day was awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good evening Anette,

    Hmm, that is a bit interesting. As much as I believe it’s important for people to promote a healthy body image, it certainly isn’t mandatory for men to be muscular, and they shouldn’t be pressured to do so. Hopefully the store meant nothing by it, and they were just attempting to have appealing and healthy looking people at the entrance to their store.

    Take care and sleep well,
    Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  22. shopping says that every person in this planet are ugly. I think that people don't may believe in. Our body is not a poster.

    Hugs, Anette ^-^ I always read ur blog, is very interesting. Enjoy the day :D

    -Niwi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Anette !
    Well,that's weird :S
    I hope is everything fine with you and the people around you :)
    Kisses and Hugs from Portugal
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Anette! :)

    It's very weird indeed! But things in this kind of business are always like this, I guess. When it comes to money, no one knows what others are capable of.

    Anyway, have a nice day and lots of hugs for you from Spain ^^

    César

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahahahaha, i think it's strange a clothing store advertises no clothing. :P

    ReplyDelete