Saturday, 22 October 2011

What doesn´t kill you...

...makes you stronger.

A thing I always think when I am out running and my legs start to hurt and my head starts to think: maybe I should stop and walk for a while...

Then I push myself with this little thing in my head and a good thing to do is also to take away the focus on the pain and for instance start to look at the tree tops, the nice sky, people passing, do a count in your head: 1,2,3,4. Or just think: it will feel soooo good when I hit the shower!;=)

And its the same with everything in life. If we try to turn the negative feeling into something positive we will feel stronger and can do anything.

Strength and honour, what a great thing to keep in mind those bad days;=)

Today I needed that for the last minutes of my running since my legs were so tired after all the long runs this week. And to help me even more, some nice people cutting their trees in their garden cheared me on with: HEJA, HEJA when I passed. I thanked them and my feet instantly went faster again;=)

9 comments:

  1. Hej Anette!

    I have that feeling almost every time I run. I'm not a fast runner, I have to take it slow or otherwise I really need to stop. When I notice I'm running too fast I'll try slow down a little bit but still keep on running.

    Sometimes it's so hard to run, but then I think the same things as you do: running is good to my health even though it's hard. And even though it's hard, I still love to run :) It's kinda confusing, don't you think? :D Running is hard, sometimes I really wanna stop but I still love it :D

    By the way, my sister was couple days ago in Sweden and she brought me crown princess Victoria's and prince Daniel's post cards as a souvenir. I live in Finland but I love all the Swedish royals since we don't have our own here in Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anette,

    I go regurarly running with my mum. When my legs start to hurt, I think something award which is waiting me at home, e.g. some delicacy (not always of course) or shower ... and I + my mum cheers each other, it also help a lot.

    Your thing, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger", is definitely helpful, I must to test it next time when I'm running :-)

    Have a nice day,
    escapist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anette,

    You're absolutely right! Its like that with alot of things in life. Its strange to say but you and i rly are alike. I noticed that ever since i joined your blog.

    Have a good evening!

    Grts D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Anette!
    When I read this post earlier I felt better and little bit stonger, I really needed it 'cause I feel stressed since I moved in our capital city to study at university. And then, later today, I got an e-mail from a teacher who allows me to attend her Finnish classes!! Since my wish was to study at university Scandinavistics, but I couldn't make it, that e-mail made me so excited and now I believe that when you send some possitive energy, it always comes back to you!
    And I want specially to thank you, because you help me with this!
    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i go Mountain Biking and doing a long climb up a steep hill i always start chanting something in my head - one that always came to mind was some chant in the Manga film Akira. helps me focus on the rhythm of the pedalling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anette :)

    I should try that haha. I have the worst habit of giving up or slowing down towards the end/the finish (mainly when it comes to exercise). Which is odd, I mean you'd think near the finish one would push harder to get it over with heh...
    But what you said is true :D All it takes is finding something that pushes you to continue. Will try that next time hehe :D

    Have a great night!
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Anette !!
    I feel very proud of you,running is good for your health and body :) I'm very happy to see that you are taking good care of you !
    Actually i started to run better because of you ! Some time ago i used to run for like 2 minutes and i got tired but now i took your advices and now i can run the time i want because i started to practice and learning how is my running rythm.
    I saw your pisc on the previous post and they look very good,you are just gorgeous !
    I haven't listened Evanescence for a long time i used to listen a couple of songs from them but i didn't got interested in them but i will take a look to their new album :) Have a good night,i forgot to tell you that the good days are over here in Portugal,next week rain and storms are going to arrive here ... :D
    Kisses and Hugs from Portugal
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anette!

    I'm also a runner and even though I always start very motivated, after a while our mind starts playing against us and I frequently want to stop and rest for a while...

    I've been trying to be more persistent and motivated when I go running and seeing your post really makes me want to go out and run with some cool songs playing (like Imaginaerum soon :) and just try to do better every time...

    Just keep moving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this post Anette, and it's true, what doesn't kill you, does definitely make you stronger!
    Back in the summer I wiped out on a trail and tore ligaments in my right ankle, I knew the second it happened it was bad news. I remember lying there in the dirt thinking, "I won't be back up here again for months. No more trail running, no more soccer...."

    Well it's been a few months now, and yesterday I finally made it back up to the same trail for a run. Had a brace on my ankle and was sore, but I survived it!!! Now I'll rest it for a week and try it again next weekend.
    Hopefully by the end of the month I can play soccer again.

    Overcoming injury is the worst, I absolutely hate it but in a way it forces me to rest my body, which is probably a good thing anyway.

    Cheers Anette, and thanks as always for your posts.
    Have a good week!

    Nathan
    Denver, Colorado

    ReplyDelete