Saturday, 6 February 2010

Beautiful saturday

I woke up to a bright shining sun and can it be better to wake up than to that?;=)

Today I am planning to take my son and his friend to the ice hall so they can do some ice-skating. Since I really am so bad at skating, my place will be by the side watching and drinking hot chocolate. My son wants to start play ice hockey so I better get used to the cold ice-hall;=)

And tonight its the first competition in TV to seek the next winner to send to the big Eurovision grand prix and this night, one of my favourite bands will compete - Pain of Salvation. I am so looking forward to hear them;=) So today, the saturday music is Ashes with POS. Enjoy!

31 comments:

  1. Good morning sweet Nettie , how are you??
    That is a really nice song. I like the singer's voice , and the music.
    Take care

    Lots of love

    Ena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Anette

    I'm listening to the song and i really like it (even if it's a bit curious to listen to it between Gossec and Hotteterre...), thanks for posting. :)

    I wish you and your son & his friend a good time in the ice-hall.


    Good day to everyone :)
    *hugs*

    Steff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anette!
    Indeed, I've heard a couple of weeks before, that PoS would also be competing for Eurovision. It would be wonderful if they won, cause the number of rock/metal bands in this contest has increased quite a lot lately and has had quite some success too.
    Also, in case you hadn't heard already, the Norwegian entry for Eurovision this year could be another very good metal band, Keep of Kalessin. Here is their song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JouxsQiN6EU

    So if both PoS and KoK make it to the final contest, I think we might have a "metal battle", heheh.
    Enjoy the song and have a nice Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elmas: Yeah, that would be wonderful;=) But the song POS are competing with are a very slow, naked song with only organ and song so no big metal song, unfortunately=( But Daniels voice is of course shining as always;=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Anette.

    I can not ice skate either :D or my mum, my mum kept holding my hand while I tried to skate badly.

    Iv'e not heared this band before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks for replying, Anette! :)
    I haven't listened to the PoS entry, unfortunately. I know their song will be called "Road Salt", but apparently it is not on Youtube yet, or I couldn't find it. It will probably be performed tonight for the first time. I'm looking forward to it, even if it's a slower and more sensitive song, because, just like you said, Daniel has such a versatile voice and he can really make a song stand out. So can't wait for the clips from Swedish Melodifestivalen to be uploaded on YT sometime in the future so we can all finally hear what the song is like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never heard this band before. I really liked =) Thanks for showing this band ;-)
    Today I will go to another city close to my city to maybe buy my first car today. Of course that don't is one Ferrari, BMW, Corvette or something like that, this car is much much more simple and cheap (Very cheap hehehe), but is the first car and I am so eager =D
    Wish me luck to find one, keep your fingers crossed to me today please =)
    Have a very nice day with your son today my dear singer. Send my good luck and best wishes to the Seth today =)
    Hugs and best wishes from Brazil =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish the band that you are supporting the very best of luck and I hope they get a deserving placing =)

    I hope you also have fun with your son and his friends, even if you are just fence sitting xP

    I'm actually a little shocked you haven't mentioned that you are a Twilight fan somewhere along the way xD. What did you think of New Moon, the film? And are you looking forward to Eclipse?

    All my love,
    Nolla

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeahh! I Like that song!! =) I think this year I will enjoy to see the festival haha, normally I like to see the performances of the nordic bands because sometimes they play metal music. I like this one! And I also like the son which maybe will represent Norway, "The Dragon Tower" by Keep of Kalessien. Here in Spain we have a gothic metal female fronted band which was a candidate but here metal music is not so famous :S Spain sends stupid songs most of times that I dont really consider music, like two years ago song ¬¬
    And have you thought of going yourself?? haha I'm sure you could represent Sweden and you would have a big support. I'm not going to say you would win cause I believe this festival is only a matter of politics :S What do you think about that??
    But in spite of that, I like to see some specific bands hehe
    Kisses Anette! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. God morgen, Anette! :) I slept so long today.... the sun is soon going down. :P It's Norwegian grand prix -final tonight,too! I have some favorites, but I don't think Norway is going to win Eurovision this year. ;D I'm going to listen to Mari Boine tonight, do you know the name? She has a concert here in Kirkenes. Her music is mainly Sami yoik, but she uses elements from many different music styles, I like it a lot! It's also Sami national day today. :) Have a nice week-end! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Pain Of Salvation very much, I would love it if they won! I met Daniel two years ago in June and he is truly a wonderful (and funny!) person. :) And of course he is one of the greatest guitarists and singers all the time. <3 GO POS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!
    I've been reading your blog for a long time now but actually never commented before, so I think it's time now. Some day has got to be the first ;)

    I actually live kinda close to you, in Lund to be exact.

    I totally relate to being useless at skating! I havn't even tried for ages ;) But I really hope your son has a great time on the ice!
    And sitting on the side drinking chocholate isn't so bad either!

    Have a great day!
    /Lise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi :)

    Oh cool, your son wants to start up with Ice Hockey :) So that means you will have lots of time with hot chocolate ;) (not a bad thought at all;))

    So i hope you will have a nice time and you are feeling wonderful :)

    *keep may finges crossed for POS*
    Ashes is a nice tune :)
    Thank you for posting, i like it :)

    dont worry be happy ;)
    huuugs
    Love and Respect
    Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anette, it's always so nice wake up with the sun in the sky. Here it's a cloudy, this morning and yesterday was raining. I love ice-skating, some years ago i went with my friends and i had a lot of fun. Is the competion in chanell of satellite? Have a fun and enjoy the week-end! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the luck to Pain Of Salvantion, I think they are awesome.
    And by the way, I was looking at some contestants and found nice that a brazilian called Gianco could be part of the Spanish entry for Eurovision. The song is "Strong Enough" by "Desayuno con Diamantes", but I think they didn't win. But the song is still pretty nice, check it if you can:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92dHj8QeF-E

    I wish lots of fun to your son. I have never played ice hockey, but it sounds really fun.

    Have a wonderful day, lots of brazilian warm hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning Anette! Well, at least in
    Ohio it's morning. Can you believe
    I was up at 6 on a Saturday?! The puppies
    woke me up, we went from having 4 puppies
    and a cat, to now having 6 puppies and a cat!
    But they're so tiny and cute.
    If you want I can post some pictures?
    How are your kitties doing? I hope Gremlins
    is getting along nicely with the two new ones.

    But I woke up at 6 this morning and layed
    in bed listening to my iPod,
    then I started watching the X-Files until
    about 8:30. Amazingly, I'm not tired!
    I thought I would be because it snowed all
    day yesterday, and it was so bad,
    I thought staying in all day would get me
    bored and tired.

    I know what you mean, because I'm soo bad
    at skating! But I hope they have a good time!
    Keep warm!

    Enjoy your Saturday!

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello my angel!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my good !
    Everyone of you has got a photo with Anette !
    That's so nice. You must be soo glad about that !

    My biggest wish is to meet Anette too and to talk a little bit with her ;=)


    It's a dream.

    @ Anette : where are they come from?Sounds good !For sure from Sweden. I hoped so much that you would go to Eurovision For SWEDEN ! But maybe in another year !
    Sounds good ! Hope that you'll give some concerts in Sweden.. in summer.. I'll make vacations there. !!!


    Today I played a lot with my Cat 'Sir Murphy'

    *Hugs and have a wonderful day! I love to go in the Ice-Hall ;=) Favourite sports !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anette, Here's a wonderful Song which is called ' Geboren um zu Leben' form 'Unheilig'. Yes it's in German. The text is not so important but the sense ( Born to live). There are 2 children they are 'slaves' for a man and so on.. this song will tell you the story.. maybe you understand ! My recommend ! Show that ! Full of feelings ! Enjoy !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6E5KFdKnO8

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  20. fantastic band! I wish them good luck! This is one of those bands, that should be muuuch more popular than they are! I hope this eurovsion thing helps them somehow, even if they will not maket it tonight. If you are really into the softer style of this band, you should check out their unplugged album "12:5". There you'll find a great ballad-version of "Ashes".

    For anyone who is interested: Daniel was also part of the swedish progressive rockband "the flower kings" (yeah, funny name) for two albums. It's a kind of 70s (Hippie-) Band, like ealry Genesis, "Yes" and so on...but really awsome players, really talented guys. Dani sang lead vocals on some of their songs.
    don't know if I can post it, but he really shines on this track called "A Vampires View" ;-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JWYGlyZyRk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good afternoon Nettie! Have a good time, I'm going to watch Avatar in 3D at last! Hihi.

    By the way, nice song of POS. Please keep us updated of wich Swedish singer or band will go to Eurovision.

    Big hugs ^^

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Daniel's voice. I saw POS open from Dream Theater a while back and instantly became a fan...
    So many bands I love are from Scandinavia... Maybe I should move there and see if I could find work as an engineer/producer... Oddly enough most artists I worked with while at Berklee were Swedish :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello :D

    Here in Norway, Keep of Kalessin maybe wins the norwegian eurovision. I didn't know that Keep of Kalessin also are with Nuclear Blast. I hope they win because all the other songs make me wanna sleep :/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good Morning Anette :-D

    Awesome song! I'd never heard of PoS before, I'll have to give them more of a listen.

    I woke up to a beautiful blizzard today, it's so gorgeous :-D We don't get much snow where I'm from so it's a rare and lovely thing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haven't really much listened to this band (the name is familiar though)... But, good song and stylish video -- the singer has great voice (and his looks ain't bad either)! ;) Wishing them success in Eurovision! :)

    Hope you've had a nice day -- no sun here, unfortunately, but at least it's much warmer now, only -4 C today and I just had an absolutely great gym exercise, accompanied by Amorphis, Stratovarius and Dream Theater ;) Always makes a day better, a good exercise!

    I wish I could skate too but haven't done that for 20 years so I bet my skills would be a tad rusty... Hih, I can't even ski, it's also almost 20 years since I tried last time :p Uh-oh, whatta lousy Finn I am... can't ski and don't even like sauna! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pain of Salvation is great =D

    I believe the picking of the Duch band that's going to join the game is tomorrow on TV, but it's going to be a song sung in Dutch, so I'm not sure if I'm gonna like it xD

    'Anouk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hii Nettie
    I'm heading for a crazy saturdaynight! I've got my results of my examns, and I only have to do 1 examn again, sooooooooooo happy!
    So that will be celebration for sure, and this night is excellent for this. In the town next to the village I live there is a huge 90's party, the music from my childhood :):):). It's all about good old dance-music those 90's party with us. And as a child 'dance' was my thing, always dancing on the table :):) 'Bailando' from 'Paradisio' was my favorite song, still love it :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvX0IvJwkng
    So for preperation I'm listening to one of my old Dance cd's 'Yabba-Dabba-Dance' from 1994, love it!! I have this cd since I was 6 years old, and it sounds like I listened to it yesterday.
    Have a nice evening
    PARTYYYYY ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hej Anette, i hope you had a good day. Did you enjoy your chocolate?
    A little something for everyone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6thSTnmiDJA
    One of Melissa's Etheridge best songs, and it's a stellar live version (Kingdom of heaven is much better live than studio, i think).
    It's perfect for a saturday mood.... BTW, am i the only one who feel sad? I always hate weekends, for many reasons, but saturday evenings and sundays are plain awful for me.... I wish i could have a lovely girlfriend, instead of being stuck with my mother, i sometimes feel so alone....... :'(

    (sorry for posting this, Anette, i just need to share my thoughts with people who cares - hope you wouldn't mind...)



    *hugs*

    Steff

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hejsan Nettan, I've been out today too! And I can see you posted a lot today! :D
    Hope you have a great time in the ice hall with your son! Kyssar! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hej Anette!
    I´m not so good at skating, too. :D It´s my nightmare actually. But I love watching ice hockey, and we´ll see how Finland and Sweden will do in Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Here, in Croatia, is going to be first competition in wednesday and thursday! Our songs are so boring :D, but yours and another scandinavian's songs are GREAT! Because you play metal music...hehe
    Take care!
    Love,
    Marija

    ReplyDelete