Monday, 20 December 2010

Recipe

So, here is the recipe for the blueberry pie and vanilla sauce I promised:

The pie (can also be filled with raspberries if you prefer that):

Put 150gram of blueberries or raspberries in a form

Melt 20-25 gram of butter
Whip up 1 to 2 eggs
Add 3 dl of coconut flakes and 1 teaspoon of cardemom or cinnamon (or mix both like I did)
Pour down the butter and stir to a paste

Pour the paste above the berries and put into the oven at 200 degrees until the cocoa flakes are golden brown and a bit crunchy.

Vanilla sauce:
Take 3 egg yolks and 3 dl of cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder and if you want it a bit sweeter, add a sweetener like Canderel. Whip for some minutes to a bit more solid paste.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Anette,
    I believe that I will try this recipe between two revisions for my final exams... This week end, i've made a tiramisu with speculoos and chocolate ! Yumie :)
    Have a nice week, and enjoy your christmas with your family !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anette, one question: are the blueberries or raspberries frozen? It's not the season to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to buy some coconut flakes
    :P

    sound tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Anette.
    hopefully my mom will let me make it for Christmas...(just so you don't think i'm a complete loser still living with her parents, I'm only fourteen)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to take time and say have a Great Christmas, Love and health to your family!!!

    I am giving this to my daughter as one of her gifts for Christams.. Lokikirja [Box]-CD-Nightwish

    Merry Christmas,
    Rodney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arianna: i used fresh berries but you can use them frozen too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for you answer! Here in Italy in a winter didn't found then fresh, only in the summer. In my garden i have them too. Where did you find them fresh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for the recipe, I made the pie today and it was delicious! :) And also very easy and quick to make, which is always a big plus. ;)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete