Thursday, 11 March 2010

Where´s the...

...sun????? Last week it was there every single day but this week, just grey grey grey...;=(


I get so tired and dont feel like doing anything in the grey weather. So I have been sleeping, reading my book Hunted from the House of Night, which is soooo exciting at the moment. Only some more pages to go and if you are a book-reader like me, you know that in this moment, the book follows me everywhere;=) If I had been on tour, I would have lied in the bunk in the bus, just reading all day...that´s one of the best things with being on tour. Reading books;=)

Ever since I was a child, books have been something I have loved. I read Kitty-books, Black stallion, Kulla-gulla and of course Astrid Lindgren books. Then when I got older I read Nora Roberts, Sidney Sheldon, Stephen King, Dean Koontz and Jean M Auel. In my later years its been Paolo Coelho, different self-biographies and as you might know: vampire books;=)

My son also loves books and ever since he was a baby, I have been reading for him every night before sleep. He also loves to read and I think its a great way of learning the language and to use our imagination and fantasies. Reading a book, for me, is so great because I can imagine how the characters look and that is why I usually get disappointed when watching the book being a movie. Yesterday I rented Paolo Coelhos book "Veronica decides to die" on dvd and oh, how disappointed I got...had to stop watching after half the movie. Its one of my favourite books but as a movie, they just destroyed it for me;=(

63 comments:

  1. Hi Anette, i undestand you about grey sky. Here is still snowing. :( In theese morning i'm very bored and i don't know what do. About of book i don't love read, never like me. I always prefer to watch a movie. I know a swedish writter (i don't remeber the name), he has written the trigology millennium and my mother has readed it. Do you know him? How is your son? Does he fell better? Tell about him to us! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anette, I also hate when books become movies, it is rather disappointing isn't it?
    I was wondering, when you say its a great way of learning the language, do you mean Swedish or English or both, like, are you teaching your son English too?
    I ask this because in my country, the UK, we don't have as much a focus on reading or learning other languages and I think it's a real shame. Books and languages are a love of mine and it's so nice to see that you love books too!
    Lots of Hugs
    Liam
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy Anette,

    It's SNOWING in Hungary... grrr. I woke up this morning, I looked through the window and I almost shouted (sh*t). Every single people who I met today told that they had enough of this cold and gray weather! I totally agree.

    I wish I could go home and lay down in my warm room and just read all day long, that's how I feel too :)
    I haven't got any energy left for work :( And 17 o'clock is still faaar away.
    Never mind, Monday will be holiday in Hungary so I will have time for my fav book ;) (And for a looong sleep). Actually, there are a few great and very exciting books from Robin Cook. Have you read them maybe?
    I recommend them ;)
    Now I read more peaceful books (well, they are about witches and ghosts, etc) where I can imagine the whole story.
    Books are great for everyone, it's a shame that most of the yongsters don't like reading nowadays.
    The world is changing fast with the culture as well.

    I really hope that the sun will come back soon to Sweden & Hungary too :)

    Take good care,

    BIG hugs,

    Viktoria

    XoXoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej Anette :D,

    posting for the first time, but have been reading along for a few weeks now..

    Since you like vampire books, and if I'm not mistaken you're watching the TV series True Blood, have you tried the Dead Over Heels book series by Charlaine Harris yet? True Blood is based on those. :)

    Greetings!
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anette,

    the sun is hidden here in Slovakia as well. :) Today it's snowing since the early morning.

    What a coincidence, I started to read Veronika Decides to Die today. I've already seen the movie and I liked it so I am surprised that you didn't like it. But it encouraged me to read because from your post I suppose that the book is so much better.

    Wish you nice day, Katka

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totaly agree!! Movies do ruin the books. I love fantasy books but lately I have have been writing my own fantasy book-its only about 70 pages but its getting there.
    P.S You have alot of fans here in South-Africa who love and adore you.
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Nettie,
    I love reading as well. I read every night before I go to sleep, and I like horror, crime and thrill as well. Some of my favourit authors are
    Richard Laymon, Joy Fielding, Karin Slaughter and Cody Mc Fadyn.
    They are all breathtaking and page turner.
    Perhaps you try one.
    Best wishes from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hej Anette, hope you're ok :)

    The photo looks like the sky i could see from my windows toady... :(

    And i'm a book lover too. I've started to read when i was 5, and never stopped. I always have a book close to me, and i'm always reading one (if not 2)... I have many bookshelves full of books, it's not even on boxes by the floor of my room. I've ordred for myself 7 books this month - and it's because it couldn't found any affordable MJ's Dancing the Dream first edition (the reprint got some mistakes) that it stopped with this number. There's no way i could spend something like 60 or 70 euros for a single book, it was almost my whole budget for music this month (13 cds and 2 mp3 albums)!

    I feel the same than you with books turned into movies. As much as i love the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings ones, i love the books better. It's not only because the books got more things in it, but somewhere the imagination is blocked, when it's not with the book... So far i know only a single book that turned to be as great in move than the book itself, Fannie Flagg's Fried green tomatoes.

    And i have a couple of questions for you (hope you will reply, at least to the second one). Do you read mostly in swedish or in english? I wonder if i'm a curiosity, reading 98 or 99 % of my books in english...
    And as another vampire lover, is there a book that you've enjoyed much more than any other one? It doesn't need to be a novel, it could be something more serious like Radu Florescu (In search of Dracula). I just LOVE everythig about vampires, and if you could tell me about a great book i'll go for it without doubts (even this month if it's affordable). :)

    Last but not least, is your son feel better today?


    *hugs*

    Steff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, in Romania it is snowing lol...arghh I wanted so much to get rid of the winter clothes but unfortunatelly I can't ;=(
    I don't really like to read and i'm doing it only when my teacher asks me to. I know it is bad but I find reading really boring plus the fact that when im concentrating for more than 1 hour, I get strong headaches

    Hugs ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello Anette,

    I like to read too.
    Do you read The Potrait of Dorian Grey - Oscar Wilde? fantastic.

    In Brazil, Paulo Coelho is beloved for many people and hate for them...
    but outside ouw country so many like him.
    I don't like him ^_^

    You could know another brazilian writer
    as Machado de Assis, José de Alencar, Graciliano Ramos, Zíbia Gasparetto, Clarice Lispector and so on.

    Have a nice day
    So many kisses and hugs from Nightwishbrasil.com

    Pói

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is also a bad weather...which is strange for Croatia-Split. My favourite writer is Edgar Allan Poe , Dan Brown , Stephen King.
    I read Sheldon's Nora Roberts (Marlyn Monroe) , and I like it a lot.
    That book is something special...I couldn't imagine that she had a sad life =(

    Have a nice day

    Love

    Ena <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I love reading too!! And I kind of have too because of my job! heheh So, it's really great!
    I know you like Paulo Coelho's books, but we have SO MANY great writters here in Brazil.. Much much better than him! You should read "Dom Casmurro", by Machado de Assis. It's one of the most brilliant books from Brazilian literature!
    I also looove Clarice Lispector, I don't know if you ever heard of her, she's really really great.

    Gonna work now.. bye bye :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anette,

    I'm the same, I've loved books since I was a child and I'm always reading. It's an addiction. My favourite book from childhood is The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis.

    I know what you mean about books turned into movies. They always disappoint.

    Have a nice day!

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The same thing happened to me with 'Veronika decides to die'. The movie destroy my vision of everything completely and I had to turn it off.

    Still my fav book is 'The witch of Portobello' which I fully recomend it if you haven't read it before.

    I like Paulo Coelho very much, he has a blog http://paulocoelhoblog.com if you wanna check, there many many lovely short stories, quotes, and everyday life stuff that's really recomforting to read :)

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Anette ;=)
    Yeah, here in Germany it was grey the last days and now it will be more grey and grey !
    Terrible !!!!!!!!!!!

    Books are fantastic ;=)
    At the moment I read 'Thirteen reasons why' by Jay Asher. Very good and interisting book. I can recommend it.
    About 'Veronica decides to die' : could you please explain the issue/theme of the book ? If its good I will buy it !
    Do you read books in english or in swedish???
    Do you read 'Veronica decides to die' and 'Hunted from the house of night' in english, cause in the photo is an english one ;=) ????

    Have a nice day ;=)
    Today maybe me and mom will see the movie Valentines Day ! Do you know it? Is it good?

    Hugs and kisses
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh reading is great <3 I read my books about 10 times, and still they are so good <3 I once even took my book to school because I only had to read 2 chapters and I wanted to have it finished before the test of that day because I wanted to be able to concentrate on the test instead of the book, and get a good note :p Fantasy books are just great. Eragon and the Elves are the best series ever made for me. But I read everything that crosses my path

    Once I was at a friends house, and we were so bored, and she turned on the computer and I saw a book, and I've been reading there for hours, totally forgetting that I had to go home some time too xD It was a good book, I finished it there =) But I can't remember about it anymore =(

    My English teacher told me that he could clearly see that I'm a reader because of the big fantasy and the fact that I'm good with words and put my thoughts into words and draw a scenery just by talking =) Do you notice that too?

    Keep reading, and I hope your son will get better soon =)

    'Anouk

    ReplyDelete
  17. that's such a shame about Veronika decides to die, i really wanted to see it because i love the book! i was pretty annoyed that it wasn't set in Slovenia though because of Veronika's letter/suicide note at the beginning of the book being prompted by the 'Where is Slovenia?' comment. have a nice day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally agree !!!

    Movies (for me) just ruins the book.I love fantasy and sci-fi novels but lately I have been writing my own novel(its a fantasy,thriller book.Its only 120 pages long but its getting there.)Its called Unpredictable

    P.S. you have alot of fans in South-Africa who love and adore you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well have much time that I don't read one book. The last that I read (and is my favorite book of all time) is Dracula of the Bram Stoker. I watched the movie one time and also I did not like much. Is completely diferent of the way that I imagined, so I can understand you =)
    I hope that the sun go to Sweden soon, gray days is really a shit =)
    Have a good day dear singer and good reading for you ;-)
    Hugs from Brazil =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning Anette, today is also a grey day here too,after a few days of warm sunshine, I'm not a big book reader- even though i do have a passion to want to read them,i just nvr do, there is a series that i do want to read ,but havent picked it up yet to read its from Christie Golden called " ARTHAS - rise of teh Lich King" and another book from Richard A. Knaak called "Stormrage"..they are a World of Warcraft series line...I'm a huge fan of the pc game and the game itself has an awesome epic storyline in itself....another book series that i loved along w/ the movie is of course J.R.R. Tolkiens "the hobbit" and "lord of the rings" the movie went real well w/ the book, and that cast i think was phenonimal..just like the Harry Potter series as well, enjoy ur day !
    "huggs" - Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hei Anette, have you read Anne Rice's vampire books? With vampire Lestat...

    I used to read them when I was around 16 or something, and I just LOVED them. I couldn't sleep before I had finished a book. :) The first book I didn't like that much, but those after it...!!! It's many years ago so I have thought that I should read them again, to see if I still like them as much.

    - Btw, the sun is here! ;) We just borrowed it a little bit, sorry! SUCH a beautiful day, it's a pity I don't have holiday...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anette,
    here in Slovakia, it is snowing and snowing all the day. Quite embarrassing. I like winter but I think that it's enough and we need sun.

    I just love reading books. I imagine characters and when I love the book that I read I imagine how their voices could look like. I love fantasy, but quite hard to find something really great. And movies definitely ruin books.
    I have one question about vampire books you have read. Are they all of Twilight style? I am just curious because I am looking for really good vampire book and it seems that lot of book came out after Twilight saga. Just asking if they are the same kind.
    I read books from L.K Hamilton but the main character Anita Blake is so irritating , that I had to stop.

    Have a nice and bright day,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Anette!
    Here in Romania we have absolutely terrible weather too. In the beginning of March we had such a bright sun and even warmth, up to 10 degrees Celsius, but the cold has returned since Monday and it's been all cloudy and frosty and today we had the biggest snowstorm. Can't wait till it's over! :(

    I also love Stephen King's work. So far I have only read The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer and Pet Cemetery and I am at the moment reading Christine and I have loved all of them so much. It's a truly talented author with a lot of captivating books and brilliant ideas.

    Hope the sun comes up on the sky soon, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anette, its me again !
    How is your son? Does he feel better ?

    I hope that he feels better and enjoys the time of being a bit lazy while being ill !

    Wishing him the best ;=)

    Ps: I have to confess something. Last night I dreamed of you.. it was a bit weird.. I met you in my school and we were so good to eachother ;=)
    I can remember that I asked you something about the swedish language, how swedish people pronounce the 'jag' ;=).. weird..

    We talked in swedisch and in english and then I checked your phone of you wrote sms more in englsih or in swedish ;=)
    hmm.. maybe its because of my happyness of making holidays in sweden !
    Could you explain me ? ;=)



    Hugs and kisses
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anette,

    Looks like the weather where your at is kind of bleak and dismal. Here where I'm at the up coming weekend is going to be overcast and rainy but it's only after four days sunny warmer weather...also. No real complaints though...taking the good with the bad.

    Perfect weather for curling up with a good if not great book and forgetting what it's like outside:)

    READ; enrich your life, WRITE; enrich the lives of others:)
    Hollywood has done it to me as well, sadly enough:(

    Enjoy your reading, and day,

    lots of love,
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh... I'm reading The House of Night books! *-*
    Paulo Coelho is a Brazilian writer, but I never read his books. ;/
    I love Stephen King! The last book I read was "The Dead Zone". Great book! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Anette. :)

    Hopefully your son is feeling better today and doesn´t have fever anymore.

    Reading books has been one of my favorite hobbies ever since I learned to read. And before that my parents had to read me constantly, I´m sure they enjoyed it very much. :D

    I liked Astrid Lindgren books too when I was a child. Nowadays I read mostly fantasy books, the problem is though that I´ve read so many of them that it´s hard to find anything new and interesting. Any recommendations?

    Sometimes I wish I could go back in time when I hadn´t yet read series like Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms or Wheel of Time. That would make my library visits so much easier.

    You like Earth's Children series by Jean M Auel? It´s one of my favorites, (pre)historic elements in a book always interest me. Lately I´ve been concentrating on historic books more than fantasy, awhile ago I read a well-written book about Karin Månsdotter.

    When it comes to movies based on books, the only one I enjoy as a movie more than a book is Lord of the Rings. I own both the book and all the movies, the book I´ve read completely through only once, movies I´ve watched so many times that I lost the count. Maybe I should watch them again sometimes soon...

    Enjoy your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh you're so right. What can I say? You just described the same feeling I've got when I read books. It also allows me to forget external troubles and focus on the story.

    I've got the first book of The House of the Night: Marked. I can't wait to read it, but now I'm reading The Lost Symbol (by Dan Brown) and the Divine Commedy (by Dante Alighieri).

    Oh by the way, have you watched Millennium 3? They made a boring movie out of the book, the plot goes so slowly and the final scene is different from the ending of the saga, they changed a lot and I felt dissapointed.

    Best wishes, have a nice day ^^

    ReplyDelete
  29. The movies usually destroy the image we have of the book... It's normal and can't be helped... It happens with me every time when I see a movie based on a book... I think the only time it didn't happen was... Hum... With Interview with the vampire! The only super different "thing" I noticed was Armand, but I think he was better the way the movie brought to us!

    And... Oh, how about if I send you some sun of the South America x.x? I'm opposite to you, I can't do a single thing when the weather is too hot, and lately we've got 39º every single single day... We are about to die XD

    So I hope the sun shows up there for you! This way you get the sun you want and I get the cold I need 8DD

    C ya!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jag förstår dig, det är hemskt om man läser en bok som man tycker väldigt mycket om, och så förstör de den på film :(
    Så är det för mig med vissa Harry Potter-filmer. Jag älskar böckerna, men vissa (läs: Order of the Phoenix (5an)) har de förstört alldeles. Okej, det är säkert svårt att göra en film på över 900 sidor, men det är så hemskt att se den, de har ändrat alldeles onödiga saker i den!! :(
    Krams!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm not a book lover, I'm currently more into writing, but I always like to be reading something. The last ones were from the american writer Charles Bukowski and the astronomer Carl Sagan.

    And taking this opportunity, I would like to strongly recommend for everyone in this world this short video from the book "Pale Blue Dot", by Carl Sagan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pfwY2TNehw

    It's one of my favorite book and film ever. I will be happy if you watch this and send me a reply.
    Take care, I hope the Sun appears for you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Åh, jag läste precis samma böcker när jag var liten! Svarta hingsten, Kitty, Kulla Gulla och Astrid. Sen läste jag Harry Potter och Sagan om Ringen. Jag minns att jag hade en favoritbok. Den var sorglig men jag älskade den ändå. Tyvärr har jag inte sett den sedan dess. Den hette Bron till Therabitia.

    Jag hade en fantasy-period, läste Eddings och Tamora Pierce, och Lejoninnans sång-böckerna.

    Sen har jag en pågående vampyr-period. Läser allt jag kommer över =)
    Just nu läser jag böcker om häxor, Anne Rice's The Mayfair Witches.

    Innan jag kunde läsa själv så läste pappa Narniaböckerna för mig.

    Kärlek till dig och familjen,
    kram Eilenna

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Anette,
    i love reading too :) usually i read the books of a hungarian writer called Mór Jókai. He lived in the 19th century and wrote more than 100 novels and many-many short stories. (Some of them are translated to english.) He is our "great story-teller" :) I also like the Indian-stories of Kathleen & Michael Gear. And of course the Harry Potter-series. But only the books. ;)
    Have a nice evening, and better weather than here :) (It's still snowing here in Hungary... pffff)
    Léda :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hej Anette, just wanna tell you that your package is posted. According to the post office lady, it will take 4/5 (open) days to be at your management's address. I hope then that it will not take too long before you'll have it... *blush* :)


    *hugs*

    Steff

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Anette!
    I love read books, too. One of my favoutite are books about vampires like P.C. Cast's and her daughter books. I like Twilight and The vampire diares, too. I think Paulo Coehlo and Stephen King are great, but from this big three I like the most Dan Brown's books. ;-)
    But, wait... Anette, what part of the books is Hunted? In Poland there is just two parts and I can't wait to next. :-)
    In Poland is still sunny so I'm very happy. It's so cold too, but when there is sun that's not importatnt for me.

    I wish you have a very good evenign adn sleep well.

    Hugs from Nan. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hej Anette!
    Here is grey, too. And snowy again :(
    I love reading books so much! Today I started to read "The girl and the wolf" (I think it's English title, but I'm not sure) written by Elina Vincent. Then I'm gonna read "White Fang" and "The Call of the Wild" by Jack London. When I was little girl, I loved both films but I've never read this. And of course I have a few books about vampires, too. For now, they are wainting to be read ;)
    One of my favourites books is Eragon. Did you read it? It's really good and when I saw the movie I was shocked. It's really bad. There's so many mistakes and it's like different story than book. I would be happy if someone could do remake.

    Have a nice evening

    Hugs and kisses

    Ala

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, too bad you disliked the movie, Sarah Michelle Gellar is a great actress. I personally haven't seen it yet, but I know it was not released at the cinema, only in dvd... So you may be right.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello Anette :)

    Here the weather is grey today as well. But the sun was shining yesterday.

    Reading is an awesome hobby. It is one of my favorite hobbies.
    I'm addicted to scandinavian thriller and crime books. <3 My favorite authors are Stieg Larsson, Leena Lehtolainen and John Ajvide Lindqvist.

    Greetings and hugs from Germany
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great, Anette! Veronica Decides to Die - in portuguese, Verônica Decide Morrer- is an amazing book; well, Paulo Coelho is one of the most famous writers here in Brazil.

    And I'm sure you'd like so much more the grey wheater than the terrible sun - every blessed day! - this week D:

    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello. It's same here - and it's snowing, I'm really happy :( I found Marco's performance :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1lkUVpsOJk

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi anette!! in France, the weather is terrible too. Do you like fantastic books? or BD? what is your favourite type?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hey Anette ;)

    How was your day this far?
    Is everything good? Hope your son is doing better.

    When the weather is like this its the best thing to lay back and read a good book :)
    There is imagination that comes along with a book, but it can be ruined be a bad movie. thats always sad

    I like to just sit down and read and read and read.,,
    The book im reading right now (again)
    is the complete work of the second earl of rochester. love to read his poems and stories :)

    Hey! hope you will have a fine evening
    best wishes and lots of fun to you and your Family :)

    With L and R
    a lil
    Chris^^

    ReplyDelete
  43. I know what you mean, here in Ohio the sun
    is gone but it's actually been kinda warm.
    It feels like fall here,
    and that's my favorite time of year.

    I'm so glad that you read this series,
    like I said, read the Vampire Academy series
    too. Anyway, now after "Hunted" you
    need to read "Tempted"- I'd love to hear
    what you think about "Tempted",
    because the ending was really good!
    The next one in the House of Night series
    is out next month, called "Burned",
    which I can't wait to read!

    I love Stephen King and Nora Roberts.
    I loved King's "Storm of The Century",
    "The Shining" and "1408". and
    "The Lifetime channel makes movies out
    of Nora's books and they're pretty good.

    You should read the books by
    Sarah Dessen, any of her books, and
    I think you'll love them;=)

    I remeber you said you liked
    "Veronika Decides to Die", so I read it
    and I LOVED it!;=) Here, it's hard
    to find Coelho's books, so I probably won't
    ever get to see the movie of this book.
    But if you say it's bad,
    then I won't even try.

    But I like that book, what's another good
    one by him? Because I read Chelsea Handler's
    book "My Horizontal Life: A Collection of
    One Night Stands", I need to get
    "Are you there Vodka? It's me, Chelsea",
    and I'm almost finished with her book
    that came out Tuesday,
    "Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang". You should read
    them, because all her books are hilarious.
    She has her own late night show
    and she's a stand-up comedian and
    totally hilarious!;=)


    But I left school early today, at 10,
    because of this headache I've had for a
    week since I hit my head.
    So I went to the doctor and they gave
    me these pills to take to see if what
    I have is a migraine.
    But they won't let me go back to school
    until Monday, because they won't
    know what the medicine will do to me,
    and I have to have an MRI test done on my
    head this weekend. My aunt has
    really bad headaches that they don't
    know what causes them, and sometimes they
    cause her to be delusional or have memory
    loss. I'm really scared and worried that
    I have it too, and I'm only 17
    and I'm afraid of what's going on in my
    head that makes me feel so terrible.

    Hope you have a good night.

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hii Nettie
    Hehe, indeed I know you love Vampire-books ;)
    I'm not quite a reader, I read books, but usually I do quite long with them, it's hard to get me starting again with the reading, although I know that I can really enjoy a book. And want to read more while I'm reading. But the next day I'm thinking: Oh, some other time. Yes I'm a bit complicated, Lol :)
    But I got this also from childhood, I wasn't so good in language and reading and I had to read every single day with my mom (the teacher wanted this), and I didn't wanted to, so I was a bit forced to read, although I could enjoy a book then too.. a bit at least..
    You know the book 'The Davinci Code'? For me that's kind of a huge book, I read it, but it took me half a year or something ;)
    Right now I'm already a few months reading in the book 'New Moon' (from Stephenie Meyer, the Twilight Saga'). But it's not easy to go on fast with reading the book, because I saw the movie twice :) And I guess I prefer movies :) But I've never first read a book and then watched a movie, I just did the opposite :) But I want to read New Moon, because I want to read the sequel 'Eclipse' before the movie comes out this year. I want to know what will happen before I see the movie, a friend of me knows it, and she can really tease me with it that I don't know it YET :)
    This brings me on an idea: reading haha! Yes, tonight I will read again in New Moon ;) I'm too tired and lazy (let's be totally honest!) to work for school now, and otherwize I would probably hang in front of the tv. So let's read tonight.. for an hour or so :) It's also something that I can't do for hours and hours.
    Have a good night rest
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Anette! Sorry that the weather isn't going so well for you. I send you rays of sunshine from the Lonestar State a.k.a. Texas!

    I think it's great that you and your son love to read. I'm a big reader myself. I read everything from Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Iliad, The Odyssey, The Lovely Bones, the list goes on and on! Do you read to your baby at night? If you do, that's wonderful! I bet he/she will enjoy bedtime stories with you!

    By the way, since you like vampire novels, have you read any of Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles? I highly recommend them. Here is a list of all of them:

    The full The Vampire Chronicles are

    Interview with the vampire (Made into a film)

    The Vampire Lestat (Adapted into two different plays called Lestat)

    The queen of the damned (Not to be confused with the awful film of the same name)

    Tale of the body thief

    Memnoch The Devil

    Pandora (New Tales of the vampires. It has to be read at this point in the books because it tells you that Armand is still alive, important to know before The Vampire Armand and Lestat's comditiion and that David Talbot is now collecting the stories.)

    The Vampire Armand

    Vittorio the vampire (New tales of the vampires)

    (At this point it's best to have read The lives if the Mayfair witches which are The witching hour, Lasher and Taltos)

    Merrick (Mayfair witches cross over)

    Blood an gold

    Blackwood Farm (Mayfair witches cross over)

    Blood Canticle (Mayfair witches cross over)

    Anyway, that's the Vampire Chronicles! My favorite one is actually Queen of the Damned. It's too bad that Warner Bros. made such a poor adaption of such a wonderful book.

    Take care Anette!

    Hugs and lots of love from,

    The Botticelli Angel

    ReplyDelete
  46. @ tearofsnowwhitesorrow
    Hi girl from my country! ;-)
    Yes, I read Eragon too and I totally agree with you about film. Mistakes is important, but the most I hate is Arya's look...
    I wish you good evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  47. När Veronika bestämmer sig för att dö är en av mina favoritböcker också. Visste inte att den kommit ut som film. Jag älskar muminböckerna, en av favoriterna är Trollvinter, den är magisk. Läser den varje vinter för att uppskatta vintern på ett nytt sätt Kram

    ReplyDelete
  48. hello anette!! reading is fun, now i'm reading one that is called... fifty years the UFOs sightings, are the experience of these stories and more. I like history books and mysteries of our beloved Land. kisses from Spain Natalia.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi Nettie , I came back from Germany , and I made the pic as I promised. I used the pic you took as a background =)
    Hope you will like it

    http://i39.tinypic.com/8yfcw9.jpg

    Good night and sweet dreams
    Hugs

    Ena :*

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hej!
    The weather here in Finland is... well now it has been even a bit sunny (!!!) and almost all the snow has melted from my balcony! But the sunny part also means that the snow has turned into a slush.. And that is one thing I dislike. My feet were quite wet when I walked from school to home. I miss spring so much!

    My mum used to read children's books to me when I was little. She has told me that I always begged her to sit next to me on the sofa and read a book =) Then my mum started to think that she has to read me always and that I will never start read books my own..
    Well, I can say that my mum thought wrong ;) I love books and I wish I could have more time to read =( I like to read romantic books, such as Gone with the Wind and so on.

    I remember that when I was 13 years old, I borrowed Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (don't know the spelling :D) from library. I came back home, sat on the sofa in the livingroom and started to read it. I read it all day long there, of course I took lunch but then I came immediately back to the book to read. Harry Potter was so fascinating world for me that I just had to read it all day long =)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Anette, if you like vampires, you should try Laurell K. Hamilton books. Here Sofia Jana said that the main character irritated her, well, sometimes I have to agree, but the hole series is so easy to read, ideal for relax ;)
    I also recommened you Jacqueline Carey's 'Kushiel's Arrow' and the next two from Kushiel's trilogy. Amazing world, but... sometimes the main female character irritated me ;)
    And one of my favourite's book: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman :)

    @Pei Fang Fon: If you like Dorian Grey, you should try Picture of Evil by Graham Masterton :) I love it :)

    @Tracy: Are you playing WoW? And waiting for The Cataclysm? Greetings from Agnessa - Argent Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. "Veronica decides to die" is such a great novel, Paolo Coelho is a real artist. <3 I mostly don't watch movies made from books I read, as I know I won't like them anyways. There are exceptions, though. For example, the movie "About a Boy" from Nick Hornby's novel is different from the book, but really great in it's own way, I love them both. ^.^

    Hope the sun will shine again for you soon. :*)

    ReplyDelete
  53. I really love reading too, it's something that everyone must do, helps a lot to build a great person ^^
    The last book I read was written by a swedish, it's the first book of the Millennium trilogy, Män som hatar kivnnor. Have you ever read it? It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi Dear :D

    I cant live without reading too, books can take you from the darkest places to shinny and safe ones

    By the way, speaking in good brazillian writers, one good and very talented friend of my just released her first book today.Her Name is Rafaela Rocha, she is very young but so gifted with a wonderful imagination and Nightwish is her biggest inspiration and helped her facing tough times.

    The book is a collection of tales and cronics and its called "Escapism- Pieces of a particular universe", is dedicated to all friends who support and believed in her dream and our great maestro Tuomas Holopainen :)

    She will be trilled to know that you are aware of her work!After all, you´re part of this too ;)

    Here is a link where the book can be bought:
    http://clubedeautores.com.br/book/16142--Escapismo

    Have a nice weekend ;**

    ReplyDelete
  55. I don't know if you remember this, but last year I gave you Paulo Paulo Coelho book "Brida" as a gift. I'm very glad to read on here that you like his books! He is my favorite author, and since I work in a bookstore, that's saying something! I didn't know they made "Veronika Decides to Die" a movie. That's actually the first book of his I read.

    If you like the House of Night books you should try the Vampire Academy series. There's 4 right now, and the 5th is coming out soon (in Canada anyway, not sure about Sweden). The first one is just called "Vampire Academy" by Rachelle Mead.

    Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Anette,
    I post a comment here, because, I love books too. And I love it since I was a child, my mum read 2-3 books a week so I read too ^^.
    I'm reading Arto Paasilinna book's, and I enjoy to discover Finland with his books.
    Generally, I read outstanding, romantic books (for the holiday).
    And, yesterday, I went to the cinema to watch Sherlock Holmes, and I love it ! ;-)
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Arianna: Hi! Yes, his name is Stieg Larsson and I havent read the books but have watched all the three movies and they are super good;=)

    Viktoria: Hi! No, that author I havent heard about, but thanks so much for the tip;=)

    mrmlin: Hi! In regular school we read mainly swedish but in university focus is on english. And for me, I only read english books;)

    Wendeline: Hi! I havent read the books, but watched all the episodes in TV and I love it! Soukie is sooo sweet with her accent;=)

    Steff: Hi! I read in english. One book I have read many times and that just captivates me are the book "Not like other daughters" about Nancy Spungen who was together with Sid Vicious in Sex Pistols and died from an overdose. Incredibly strong and intense reading..

    Sofia Jane: Hi! Well, then are all different but of course many are for teenagers. But I do like teenage books cause the imagination is different from adult books;=)

    Emercy; Hi! Its the 4th book;=)

    The Botticelli angel: Hi! No, but I will for sure read them now when you recommended them;=) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  58. i have the answer: The sun is HERE!!!;~)

    I was groaning the last weeks when you boasted with sunshine and told how sunny it was out there and apparently it's turned conversely and now we can enjoy of sun:~) finally!! but also sorry for you, i really really know how frustrating it is......;~(

    But now i start to clean this place and turn some good music on, that's how i start my weekend. Enjoy your weekend:~)

    -emmi

    ReplyDelete
  59. Anette, i've figured that you knew him but i've asked the same. I know that he died, i don't remember when but is written behind the cover of the book. Which movies has been realized? I'm just curious to know and wacht it. Thanks for answer me again! I'm so very happy to be your friend by internet! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  60. @Anette: thanks a lot for your reply. I've bookmarked on amazon.fr the book you told me, and next month i'll order it (it's not cheap so no way it'll be this month, i already spent too much). :)
    Speaking about strong and intense books, have you ever read The grass dance by Susan Power? The story is so intense that it's hard to resume, but if you like great novels that could bring you in another world and give you some things to think about, go for it.


    *hugs*

    Steff

    ReplyDelete
  61. Afternoon Anette :o)
    Yep I know what you mean about making books into movies, being that I'm a prolific reader myself. I adore the Harry Potter books and so far I've picked every movie released apart. I'm just praying that as they're releasing the last movie in two parts that, that means they'll do it like in the book. Same goes for the Dan Brown books they've made into movies, I adore Angels and Demons but the movie you can keep! The Da Vinci Code movie wasn't too bad, but again I think I'll stick to the book. I recently read Anne Frank's Diary, and omg that book touched me so deeply and it made me cry. But my all time favourite will always be Little Women. Again the movie was okay but the book was better. Anyhoo have a nice day :]

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love reading books, too and I'm also disappointed when I see the movies most of the time...
    One very good example is "twilight"... The books were so good but the films are so horrible... It's really getting on my nerves how all the little girls love Robert Pattinson and all that hype about it. That's really a pity!
    Well, I love reading since I have been 5 years old and I love especially thriller, fantasy, biographies of musicians or poems... And I write my own stories since I was 5 or 6...

    Reading a book is always like escaping in another world. I have a lot of fantasy and imagination, so I love that!

    Hugs & Love
    yours, Kim-Noêmia

    ReplyDelete
  63. Heyo Anette!

    I'm so glad to know that you love reading as much as the rest of us book nerds! It just goes to show that women can be awesome AND know how to read ;) And it's also good that your son likes books, too, because kids these days are losing interest!

    I'm reading 'House of Night' right now, too! I just finished 'Hunted' and it was really yummy :) Vampire books are always fun.

    Here's for hope for more sun!
    xx Marz

    ReplyDelete