Sunday, 3 July 2011

Sometimes I want..

...a blog that is private and cant be read by everyone. Do you know why?

Cause I have so many thing I would love to write about that makes me angry, happy and sad. Things that happen in the world, all around us everyday.

But I dont want to write any deeper things here cause I know it can be misunderstood or taken out of its context. So maybe I´ll start a blog under a secret name?;=)

"Mystery womans blog" or something?

Nah, dont think so. I´ll keep on keeping things inside instead. Best kept secret hiding place, dont you agree?

Now time for some sunday breakfast! Enjoy the day!

31 comments:

  1. Good morning Anette,
    i hope so that you never makes your blog private, it would be very sad for us. I think that sometimes vent is good and sometimes keeps the things inside. If you want to write one day we will be happy read them and maybe we could tell you our opinion.

    Wouldn't you be happy to read them?

    Enjoy the day too!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anette!
    I agree that sometimes you should keep somethings to yourself, but i do think we would all appreciate it if sometimes you wrote about more interesting topics. I don't want to offend you, but when you constently write about clothes or what you have bought today e.t.c, that is when people start to get the wrong idea about you. I know that you must protect yourself a little, because there are sooooo many nasty and hateful people out there. BUT, that is when you give them the wrong impression and they start to think that you are self obessessed or vein - which i know you are not. You are such a lovely lady, and we all love you dearly. Someone once said to me that if people can't relate to you, than that will make you indifferent to others. It is just something to think about. I would NEVER want to hurt your feelings. I adore you and enjoy reading your blog, but sometimes it would feel great to talk about a subject that was a little more interesting. All my love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just let them out whenever you can have a good conversation with your boyfriend, friends, family... That's the best way to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anette,

    Oh my goodness woman! You can tell us anything!! You can express yourself in anyway you want to! Look at Maddona haha she didnt hold back :)

    Some things are best left secret... but you can say/write what ever you want on this blog, we all know you a little bit now (not in person i know) but we know you enough not to take anything the wrong way!

    I dont write on this blog every single day but i do drop by & read every day just to make sure your ok :D

    I have had opinions that have been taken the wrong way...for example.I had an opinion about a certain song that i dont think Tarja Turunen should have covered!! (not saying which song) but i said that in the first verse in a live version that i watched.... well i wrote that she sounded like a singing granny (oooops haha) but look ok it was just 1 verse of 1 song, next thing i get all these obsessive T fans going mad at me saying if " i dont like her, then i should not watch" i was like whoaaah " i didnt say i dont like her" was just 1 verse of 1 song she sounds like a granny & its a well know rock song that i dont think with her style singing that she should cover..just my opinion does it really matter!?! haha I have the album & i love & her & her voice but i still say that the first verse of the song in the live performance sounded like a granny, was probably just that 1 tiny part for that 1 show...but hey i dont care..i speak my mind..end of!!! but oh my goodness did i get told off...I like TT but my goodness her fans are at times very over the top...she is just a person like the rest of us & we all do something for a living right!?!!!

    Thats why i love how down to earth you are Anette! You have 1 hell of a powerful voice but you dont sit on a thrown like some artists do. I think you have the strongest voice since Ann wilson back in the day, you have the same power. When i saw You live on stage your voice was electric like pow pow pow haha

    Anyway have a great day

    Kisses
    Kelly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear Anette,

    Hope you're having a great Sunday cause nothing else matters;=)

    Do you know who you can talk in peace?... Nemo! *-:) Moreover, by this way he will stop pulling down every single thing he can and he will begin to listen to you carefully;=)

    That will perhaps not comfort you dearest Anette, but you are not the only one in that case :-)
    It's our life ;) The more we become known and the more we have to protect our privacy :-$

    Any deeper things you would love to write even to your most loyal fans and lovers can't be written on a Public blog and ditto the other way: your most loyal followers can't write you everything they want on this Public blog... anyway they can't stop loving you!! 0:)

    So please smile and be happy Anette cause it doesn't change anything, we always adore you so much! The power of love has no limit, it breaks all barriers, even those of stupidity;=)

    Out of sight, even closer to the heart :*

    Have a wonderful Sunday mystery lovely princess Anette :)

    Lots of love
    @};-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rockprincess: Hi and thanks for your response;=) I understand what you mean but sometimes its better to keep things not to deep. But I will talk about some deeper things when I feel like it. And remember that even if a person writes about fashion, style, food etc she can be a singer in a metal band. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Anette,

    I know how frustrating it can be sometimes not to let things that anger us out. I was told that when I get upset about something, to go and write it down completely how I want it to come out. And then when I am done, erase it. That way I can get things of my chest without offending anyone. I don't know if that's something you would like to try but I thought I would throw that out there just in case you do and you find that it helps. Well, it's almost 4:30am here and I am quite late going to bed lol...maybe it's time for me to turn in. I hope you have an awesome day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hej hej, dear anette!

    i know exactly what you mean and how you feel. sometimes things are better not to be published, but maybe written down for yourself.

    i do have my blog now for nearly four years and from time to time it's so personal that i'm asking myself. wow... hell, what are you doing and writing about. then i make some break, and after some weeks i take a closer look and say: okay, it's still me, a bit more worried, in anger, with pink glasses, etc.

    it's a pity you can't share the thoughts you have inside, but it's really not easy for you with media, press, etc. you have a much bigger pressure on you than any other ordinary blogger will ever have.

    and personally i think, your blog is really interesting and really vivid, so that's good. and if you really want to share deeper thoughts with others, do it... but better anonymous.
    you never know what media makes out of it. (of course i would enjoy reading your thoughts, like all of us here, but it's quite risky)

    hugs and a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anette

    Everyone needs to vent once in awhile! That's why I run my blog over at Livejournal - you can choose between everybody, your friend's list, private (only you!) and custom access for your posts.

    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Anette.

    It is very nice to hear You and to listen your voice. It's nice to know what's going on in your soul :)

    God be upon You;
    Tomasz

    ReplyDelete
  11. i understand your point Anette. When my blog started to be read by some of my friends i started to have fear to put some things there just because i was affraid of their opinions when reading them...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anette :)

    Maybe you could write your own diary or something? So no one can read it and you don't keep everything deep inside. maybe it would make you feel better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. And one more thing.

    You shouldn't measure your quality by popularity of your websites.
    You are good professional. You know that.
    So if this or other week your blog has low amount of views, don't think that you have done something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man kan ju alltid starta en blogg anonymt, om man vill dela med sig till hela världen av sitt innersta.. men det kanske inte är så många som vill läsa den då.. och då kanske det är mindre roligt? Jag antar att det är emot en rockstjärnas natur att go inkognito, men kan ha fel.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hep Hep Hep dearest Anette!

    Totally agree with you, unless I am mistaken we are human so we behave as humans, especially on a blog which is personal ;)

    People who criticize only want to see topics about music? well there are specialist sites for that and they don't call personal blogs ;-)

    Want to listen to music only? join Youtube, Dailymotion, Video Google, Wideo, Wat tv, etc.

    Want to read about music topics only? surf on the web and read Spirit of Metal, Metal Underground.com, RamDam.com, etc.

    Specifically for Nightwish and Anette Olzon about their Music:
    www.nightwish.com/ and
    www.anette-olzon.com/

    Everything in its place =D or talk to the hand =; Irrelevant comments make wanna sleep :(|)

    Here is a personal public blog, so of course we can read topics about the life of our pretty Anette and we love it simply because we adore Anette;=)

    For those who want to read about music only, learn to read what you expect in the right place! (Buy glasses if you have vision problems ^^)

    One more thing by the way: even on the most specialized sites there are not publications about music only... surf on Youtube and other sites and you won't enjoy music only, the same with specialized magazines in music ;)

    Certainly this is because people live, whatever is their job... and they are right!!!! :))

    Have a great Sunday pretty Anette!
    Today for lunch I'm gonna eat fish but I really don't know why :^o
    Enjoy, your alive fans can't stop adoring you;=)

    Kisses and Hugs to You dearest Anette
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Anette,
    I understand how problematic this wish has become for you. I also wanted to start a blog where to write my thoughts, my little writing creations and it took me more than a month to decide what to do. On this current blog, you are more Anette Olzon, member of Nightwish, the public person than the Anette person. I recommend you not to abandon the idea with the new blog and not to rush in taking a decision. Just give it other title and at the user you can tell your name(full, or only the first name or even a nick name.) This is how I did. The blog is called Diary of a Dandelion, but it is in Romanian, and I signed with the short version of my name. And because this is more a personal blog, you should write in what language you want. I use both Romanian and English, depends on the inspiration. You can put the link on this blog too, if you want to be followed by others. Just give it a little time and things will sort out in the end

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Anette,

    Even though its not a blog, you could try using www.reddit.com. It has a lot of people from around the world that read it, and you can post asking peoples opinions on topics and also express your own anonymously. You'd just have to find the right subreddits for you. It can be a little addictive though!

    Hope this helps,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dearest Anette,
    I adore you because you are awesome singer. You can sing metal and other kind of music. You are versatile and I love it. You created the new face of women in metal.
    I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anette!
    You said: If a person writes about fashion, style, food etc she can be a singer in a metal band. Of course, she can. :)
    For example, I am listening metal and rock. And some people think that metal is wrong and have a bad influence on people. But, I don't agree. Even though I listen to metal I am not devil, I believe in God and I go to church almost every sunday. :D
    So, we don't need to care for other opinions! There will always be that kind of people.
    Just if you look what people write in youtube comments, you will get sick. :D
    But, that is true.
    Have a nice day! Say hello to your family! ;)
    Greetings from Croatia
    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  20. yeah, I understand what you're talking about here.
    With all those media and sort of anti-fans watching your blog, life, performances and everything and getting things out of context and unwilling to give a deeper thought over things you do/talk/post here/etc it must be very hard and annoying to stay as neutral as possible in order not to appear in the media in the wrong light etc. There's much more to it, ofc, rather than just mass media and immature fans.
    I think the best solution here is to share the deeper and more personal things with your close ones since it is just safer in a way; and even if discussing some subject with people knowing so little about you might be more funny and interesting, there's still a huge risk. Unfortunately, it is Internet and it's not safe so to say.

    Anyway, I think you may still keep some sort of a deeper diary/blog but in a more "traditional" way, e,g., with a paper notebook. Then you might be sure you'll openly and honestly express everything that worries or bugs you and no one will take in out of context and harm you/your reputation/etc.

    and yeah, to hell with all those "true standarts" that a metal singer cannot blog about clothes, make up, food or anything like that. To hell with narrow mindness :)

    Keep rocking!
    Hugs,
    Lerren

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to comment here as well, since it's something I often think about too. Even if my blog is read by few people, who also know me quite a lot, I never wanted to write things that are too personal. Also because I think that too many details don't allow people to find themselves in what is written. But I also think that one can express also those thoughts, maybe without describing in detail what happened and writing more about the impressions that events give. Perhaps for a "public" person like you it would be quite difficult, since people are curious and always want a lot of explanations, but I think that those who are really interested in what you have to say will understand and get close to what you write anyway. But well, the idea of another private and secret blog can be nice, if you feel the need of it :)
    Sorry for the endless comment, but it's a topic that I always find interesting. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Anette !!
    In my opinion,i think you have to feel free to write whatever you want =)
    I know it's hard to say how we feel about the things around us because there are many people who can't just understand the way how other people think,that's why i think this world is a mess,we should all respect the others (and ourselves) :D
    People are just too much aggressive to defend their opinions and beliefs,well...that is a thing that neither us or they can't change !
    But i don't want to think in all of the bad things,just keep positive and patience =D
    Kisses and Hugs from Portugal
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know how that feels. for the longest time (about 10 years) I used a private blog for personal venting. I always worried if I posted some issues publicly that my friends would think different of me. but some things just hurt enough to where you have to say them to someone even if its just yourself.

    Sometimes it is good to write or type some stuff out. but even with a blog no one knows about and with your profession, people do extra mean things and you have to work ten times harder to protect yourself and your memories.

    I also found that those posts at the time, while then they seemed to help, if I ever go back and read them made me incredibly depressed and reminded me of places and situations I never wanted to find myself in again, so late last year I decided to walk away from it and not go back there to vent.

    It's only been 9 months since then, but I think it is one of the best decisions I made in a long time. All I can say is the relief from it is only temporary and I think you are right to keep some of it to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, you ain't Madonna and personally think you're being judged even rougher than her, it seems people are just waiting for you to post something more personally to say something mean. I'm from Romania and when you posted that article about Britney Spears or Avril Lavigne being able to sing rock music, the website here for rock music imediatly posted it and everyone was laughing, their lives must be really sad.
    It is a pitty that because of them you must be a little restrained, i guess you already got to know some persons here and got your little fanbase. Me personally I would love to read some more thoughts from you but heh, that's it :D
    Sorry for my crappy english xD have a really nice day Invincibleeeee ! hug ya

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well,why not something could change but what that would be then.I like this on this way so this is good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glancing through the comments, I don't think I'm the only one that would like to hear what's really on your mind, rather than just what's on your plate or receipt ;P Not to say I/we don't enjoy reading about all that stuff, but I think a lot of people read your blog to get to know the real you, ya know? Or at least I do.
    Either way, much love! Can't wait for the Gibson in January, flying across the States to see =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well I have a tumblr that no one in real life cares/knows about so I can rant away about anything I want.

    But if you do want to talk, just send me a message or e-mail! Discretion is one of my major qualities :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi!
    That's a good idea, I think that the people should to think before say, act or judge the another people.
    There are so many things that make me sad or angry too, and I can say everything on Tumblr.com, it's a little blog where you can say everything under a name that no one knows who you are.
    You should to try it! Take a look on Tumblr.com, it's a blog, but it's easier than Blogger.com, here my Tumblr: nightingale-escapist.tumblr.com (there are somethings on portuguese and another in english, but you can try to translate it on Google Translator or other), there are so many things about I like and about I don't, take a look and see what you think, if you like it, you can try to creat one and start posting. ;)
    I would be very happy if you at least take a look at ;)
    Kisses ad Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's a good point, Anette, on things getting misunderstood when expressed publicly. Probably why I hesitate on my own blog. It's all secretly kept in a handwritten journal. ;)

    Thanks for sharing so much publicly with us and I'm glad you are preserving some privacy for yourself too!

    Love your demos!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Anette!

    Yeah Sometimes We Need a Private Space To Write/Talk About Our Deepest Feeling Wich Ones Can't Be Known, i Created an unknown facebook, there i can write about my deepest feelings, and anybody i know can read them,

    but nettie, you need to get rid of that bad feelings, thats bad for you & your health,
    im telling you this for experience,

    and please never!, make this blog private!,
    i love to read what you write!,

    and dont take care about other people thinks about you! i know theres a lot of people who misundertood things, but if you feel comfy to write your deepest feelings, write here and dont take care of what they thinks about you!,
    misundertanding things, depends on each one of us...

    i know you have someone wich you talk about your feelings, but you can count with a good friend on me :)

    -hugs & kisses-

    domenik :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You know Anette... You don't know very many of us personally. I can see why it can be frusturating talking to people you hardly know about your feelings. What you should do if you are feeling upset, or angry, or misconstrued... is talk to your family members or closest friends. They will put you in a more comforting position. One that you will be able to express yourself in a way that you like. If your blog followers are true fans and friends, they would understand :)

    ReplyDelete