Someone said in the comment section: Why dont you write about music or NW anymore, have you forgotten you are NW singer?
I am NW singer but this is MY blog, not Nightwish blog... and this blog is about what I like and want to write about which is clothes, my music taste etc;=)
So, sure, I can write about NW and music when I feel like it... but my life is not only about NW, you know;=)
Tonight its time for my son to graduate from his swimming school and my mum will join us;=) Its great to learn how to swim and for me as a parent, a nice and good safety feeling whenever we are by the water. When I was a kid I lived with my dad in the summers up in the middle of Sweden and attended the swimming school for many weeks. We took lots of little badges like the silver fish, the gold fish, the frog etc;=) I loved the water and was lying in there all day till my lips were totally blue and I was shaking of cold...My dad had to drag me up from the sea..
I still love to swim but with aging I want the water to be warmer and cleaner than when I was younger;=)
Here is a photo of me from my young swimming days;=)
Oh my God! You were sooooo adorable!!!! How cute smile!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun with your son!
All the best to you and your family
Love
Ena
How absolutely adorable you were :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, swimming is great... I love it too.
I love swimming, my parents used to have to drag me out of the sea too when I was younger.
ReplyDeleteAlso my Dead by April arrived in the post yesterday: those guys are awsome, thanks so much for recommending them!
Feel better soon.
Hi my dear!!
ReplyDeleteYou so cute!! thanks Anette for this photo!!
love
isabelle
I hope that you will feel better today , Nettie =)
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Lots Of hugs for you
(Sorry for double post)
Kisses
Ena
Did You listen female singers or female fronted bands in 80, early 90's. We are same age and I am interested what did You listen back then.
ReplyDeleteI tried to buy all lp's I founded (in Finland and Sweden), where was "girl on cover" (and yes, I bought lots of crapy lp's as well :)..
Mostly I was looking was pop, rock & hevi. Few to mention Joan Jett (of course), Saraya, Headpins, Lee Aaron, L7, Vixen, Fiona (Flanagan), Heart, Lita Ford, Girlschool etc. But I sure listen other stuff as well like Culture Club (Boy George is so HOT, hahaa), Laura Branigan (she was just so brilliant!), Hanoi Rocks and from Sweden I liked and still like a lot Eva Dahlgren, Carola, Marie+Roxette, Drain STH and so many more..
Did You listen any of these then or was Your music taste totally different?
Hi Anette!
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely right about your blog. :) And oh, how cute you were as a child. <3 And now the cute little girl grew up and became a very beautiful singer and a strong, ambitious, down-to-earth and caring woman. ;)
Ohh...Is you ,Anette???Beatiful girl!!!!^^
ReplyDeleteI agree with you and your blog is not that of Nightwish
ReplyDeleteWhy you don't answer me for my forum of you? please Anette answer me: you want it to become official and want to join us?
http://anetteolzon.forumactif.com
thanks
Love
isabelle
Hej Anette!
ReplyDeleteThis photo is soooo lovely!! =) Your incredible nice smile was already there =)
Swimming is really good for the body and mind.
As for what you talk about in your blog, of course it's nice when you tell us something about your life in NW, but it's also great to get to know you outside the band, just as Anette. I like to get this chance, it's nice and makes us closer, you and us fans. It's a nice exchange of positive energy =)
How's your throat today? I wish you feel totally fine very soon!
Love and hugs,
Elisa
hehehe, your smile remains the same from when you were child. Much has changed but the spirit remains the same. In this picture you appears to be a same lively and entertaining person has you is today =). Thank you for sharing a little of his childhood with us.
ReplyDeleteAll the best for you and your family and sorry for my bad englsh.
Greetings from brasilians fans.
Hej Anette =)
ReplyDeletePersonally, I love your blog. I love when you speak about your day, your tastes, your clothes, ... We feel closer to you and vice versa.
You were really cute when you were a little girl. It's so nice to see you when you were a child. You were already beautiful. =)
Have a beautiful day in Sweden.
Jag älskar dig ♥
Emeline.
awww, Nettie, you haven't changed!! ^_^
ReplyDeleteMorning(at least for me :P)
ReplyDeleteI totally get where your coming from. Yeah, NW is a HUGE part of your life, but you shouldn't be expected to eat sleep and breathe NW. I, for one, like the insights in your life, your taste in fashion.
It just makes you that much cooler and eaiser to relate to as a result of that.
Congrats to your son, that's very cool :) I did that when I was younger, too. The summer I was 13 I had the nickname of paddle, due to the fact that I was always the first person into the water, be it a swimming pool or a alpine lake with water temps under 45F(brr)
Very cute picture that you posted :)
Hugs, and I hope that you get feeling better
Falyssa
vilken gullig bild:) själv så är man ingen bra simmare... har aldrig gillat vattnet så jag tog inga märken men jag lärde mig grunderna i alla fall. men min syster tog många märken och hon älskar att bada:)
ReplyDeleteJag håller med dig, det här är din blogg och du kan skriva vad du vill. Och du skriver så varierat, ena dagen handlar det om kläder och nästa så ger du musiktips. Eftersom jag är ett så stort fan så är det alltid kul att läsa om vad du tycker och tänker. Och det är så många fans som är så tacksamma för den här bloggen för att dom får lära känna dig. Och att du lägger ner så mycket tid visar också hur osjälvisk du är. Och för det så har du alltid en plats i mitt hjärta:)
Ha det så bra och fortsätt att krya på dig!
//Ellinor
It's crazy, you look the same, particularly since you're blonde again! It's a compliment, you know; you have the same face as when you were an angel child ^^
ReplyDeleteSuch a pity the picture is blurred, though...
Lucinda
Wow ;p, your face hasnt changed at all!!! you can really see it's you on the photo ;p
ReplyDeleteand congradulations with your son =D
hope you feel better soon
Hugs, Lisa
Hey Anette!
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree swimming is so cool!
And this photo of you is soooo cute!! :)
Hugs<3
nettan , you are the sweetest creature ever !<3
ReplyDeleteand PLEASEEE recover sooon my freind! =D
Tami <3
nettan , you are the sweetest creature ever !<3
ReplyDeleteand PLEASEEE recover sooon my freind! =D
Tami <3
What a pity you have for a bed
ReplyDeleteI hope that you improve quick
^ ^
as swimming, that is our genius, I never did more,: p I love beaches and etc. ..
about what you comment on the lyrics of Nightwish, I also agree, this blog is his and not the band
more if you have the opportunity to write about lyrics, performances will not be anything bad
your photo of beautiful *----*
Improvements; =)
Anette I live in Brazil and not speak English very well yet, the more hope you understand ^ ^
Love tea more ..
awww you were so cute when you were little!
ReplyDeleteGrew up to be a beautiful person =)
You rock Anette :D
nettan , you are the sweetest creature ever !<3
ReplyDeleteand PLEASEEE recover sooon my freind! =D
Tami <3
I hope you feel better soon Anette :) and that you enjoy your son's graduation from swimming.
ReplyDeleteAww you looked adorable when you were young. And of course you are gorgeous now ;)
All my love and support
Love Kellie xxx
Nettan , you are the sweetest creature EVER!!!
ReplyDelete<333333
and recover soon my freind, we need to see
you ''hep hep''ing =D
Tami! <3
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeletegood to read you are feeling a little better.
I agree, swimming is importand and fun. Some time ago i read that germany is becomming a country of non swimmers, because young people don't learn to swim anymore. Looks like you swedish people are not so stupid or at least you.
Nice pic, you always have been a cutie. ;)
Best regards and get well soon
Yotapong
you are so cute in this photo...you didn't change a lot through the years..
ReplyDeletei love swimming...when i am to a beach i am all the time in the water...
i am from greece and all around we have sea..so, since i remember my self i was all the time in the sea...
kisses,
Xenia
Anette you are right to say that. Your blogs would be very boring if all you talked about was Nightwish.
ReplyDeleteI also never really thought you would be a swimmer ^.^
For some reason I thought you'd be into Tennis or something.
Best Wishes
Liam
Nettan , you are the SWEETEST thing EVER!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love you the most!! <33333
recover soon my freind , we alll need you ''hep hep''ing like allways =D!!!!!
THOUSANDS OF HUGS to you!!! ^^
Tami <3333
Hi!
ReplyDeleteYou are totally right Anette. This is your blog and you can write whatever you want...
When I was smaller I adored water too but now I don't so much anymore... And that picture of you is very cute... Little mermaid Anette... :D
Hugs and kisses from Ana
Aww bless Anette you look a sweetie :)
ReplyDeleteAwww,so sweet! :)
ReplyDeleteoh you were so so nice..and you are so so nice..=)
ReplyDeleteGet well
We love you
Robbie and Giulia
Nettan , you are the SWEETEST thing ever!!!!
ReplyDeleterecover soon my freind we need you hepping like allways! =D
Thousands of hugs for you from all my heart!
Tami <3
I hope you're all healthy as soon as possible! I love water and I go to the closest swimming pool each day (if I can). I'm still a teenager but I prefer warm water much more, but well... all I can do when my friends are waiting for me inside is to stop thinking and jump in (the cold is gone in a few seconds). By the way, you were saying that you like the TV series 'Medium'. Have you heard about LOST? It's awesome, you should really watch it.
ReplyDeleteLots of hugs from Spain :)
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Anette... This is your blog and you can write whatever you want.
Congratulate your son for me please... :D
I adored water too when I was smaller but now I don't so much... Don't know why but I prefer sunbathing...:D
You were very cute child. Little mermaid Anette... :D
Hugs and kisses from Ana
Sooooooo cute! =P I just can't wait for ur presentation with the orchestra ;D It's finally near ^^
ReplyDeleteKisses from Brazil.
Wish u all the best!
I'm very sorry about the double post... My computer is messing with me... Sorry again...
ReplyDeleteAna
I hope you're fine soon... and I wish a lot of happiness for you and your son. =)
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week!
Jonas/Brazil
Nettan , you are the SWEETEST swedish thing ever!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleterecover soon my freind , we need you to keep hep hep hepping like allways!!!
THOUSANDS of hugs and kisses ! =D
Tami <333
So beautiful, since a child ;D
ReplyDeleteI don't know swim, hahaha =P
I'm whit you, dear. This is your blog and not of Nightwish ;)
Take care ^^
Kisses of Brazil ;*
It s always a great honor in his blog posting,
ReplyDeleteRock'n'Roll Baby; =)
how cute!
ReplyDeletewhen I was in university and in the academic environment. All the stuff I used to write about in blogs was academic stuff and I felt that I wasn't able to 'switch off'.
I totally understand and appreciate the cathartic and banal or deeply profound kinds of posts you put down.
You are a person after all and so much more than a title of 'singer of nightwish'. I find the person of Annette much more interesting than whatever the record companies try to promote you as. On the other hand, I also appreciate privacy in the artist as well.
Contgrats to your son :)
Hi sweetie!! This photo is fantastic!! thank you so much!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Elisa
I agree, if it's your blog to
ReplyDeletewrite what you would like to write about.
But I'm sure the person was just saying
they maybe wanted you to say
a little more about NW, which I'm sure you
will, once you start working on the new album
or something. I wouldn't take
offense to what they said.
It's your blog, write what you want.
Well, congrats to your son!
I loved to swim too. I was born in Virginia
and was raised there for a short time
and my parents had the same problem with me.
I loved the ocean too much!
But in Ohio, there's too much traveling to get
to the nearest lake. I know you came to Texas,
which is where I'm at now visiting my dad,
but did you swim while you were here?
The water is always a little warm because
of the climate. It's really relaxing :D
Aww! That picture of you is soo cute! You can
totally tell, that's your smile!
Well, have fun with your family, and I hope
you feel better soon!
Hugs and love, Katie T.
Awww, you look adorable Anette! =). What a cute smile =).
ReplyDeleteHope you and your son have lots of fun, you must be so proud of him.
Lots of hugs and get well soon =).
Hugs & Kisses from sunny Portugal
Yay, congrats to your son for graduating swimming classes :D Good skill to learn! Wish I put more effort into my swimming lessons when i was younger. >.<
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable in that pic, all smiley and happy :)
Hi Nettan =]
ReplyDeleteYou´re totally right, its a PERSONAL blog, if someone wants news about the band the official site its there ;)
Oh summer memories are great! I used to go to the beach so much more when i was a kid, now i just like to seat and watch more than swim.
And I must say about that picture that you look just the same! The same smile and hair ;D I have a photo that looks just like that on the beach, with the sea rocks and everything.
I Bet your son will be a true ocean soul like you!
Have a good day ;)
;***
Hi Anette, I think it's great to read about whatever is happening with you - of course we all love NW and your voice but it's so cool of you to give us an insight into what you're up to. You're the only rock star I know who does it!
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better really soon.
Cutest pic evar, btw!
am0500
Good day lady Anette :D
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear that You're feeling better! Please rest a lot and keep yourself warm!
You're totally right about the blog. NW is significant part of Your life but definitely NOT all of it. Besides when You leave for the gig, You do post about the shows along with pictures and vidoes so I don't know what people want.
Well anyway! I can't swim haha but I like the water.. I almost drowned when I was 6 years old so I guess the fear is still there but I really like being close to water :D
Have a great day and keep recovering!
Big hugs,
Karo E.
Awww, you look so cute in the photo ! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations to your son !
Well, it's so nice to read about your days, about your tastes and even about those women's stuffs, which, at the moment, is a subject that I know just a bit about. Women's world is so interesting, haha ;)
When you write, I realize that you are a normal person, you get sick, you do shopping, you clean your apartment...and at the same time, you are the NIGHTWISH SINGER, I have to say that I have more admiration and respect for you than for most people on this planet.
I hope you illness is getting better, and you feel better and better,
Fábio
oh myyy!! Look at you!! so beautiful little girl you were.. it was so obvious that you were going to be a gorgeous woman hehe ;=)
ReplyDeletetake care.. i hope you're feeling better :)
I often come and read your blog in the middle of a busy day. I enjoy your posts, helping to get our minds off of the crazy things in the world and enjoy the simple little things in life. And cute picture by the way!
ReplyDeleteAnette, you know, if I sometimes read this blog is because you're a singer I've followed since her debut, not because I'm interested in clothing, nor because I need to know what you do hour by hour. I agree, this is your blog, but this is linked to your official website, which is about you as a singer, and people follow you mainly because of your work. It's nice to get closer to artists like you by knowing some nice detail about their private life, their tastes, their feelings, some nice story, but in your blog you never talk about singing, you rarely discuss about music. You said you love singing to, and you said your blog is about things you like, so why don't you ever say a word about your passion for singing? And I mean deep and constructive talks. You have the opportunity to share with a lot of people a passion many of us have probably in common, to teach something, to give tips, to give hope through your experience and to clarify your positions constructively when people attacks you with those shitty arguments like "she can't sing at all" and so on.
ReplyDeleteI understand your passion for the other stuff, but I guess you can understand why people who extimates you as a singer and who knows you just as a musician can get frustrated by reading only about clothes and food. It gives the sensation that your life is only about that, and that music (I don't mean Nightwish, I mean music in the most wide interpretation) is just a secondary hobby and not a passion as you said. I mean, you have the right what you want, but you surely owe something to this people who's always following you, your progress, your blog, extimating you, paying to see you perform, paying for cds and merchandise. That's why I think this blog can't be just funny for you to write, but interesting and constructive for the readers too, not only for those 20 people who comment here constantly. You have an audience and I think you might honourate all this fidelity.
Just my 2 cents, no offence meant at all, it's just to express my opinion.
Cheers, Alessia.
Hey Anette,
ReplyDeletei agree, this is YOUR blog and you can write anything
your picture =D
you were so adorable! blondie ;P
your smile, so cute!
congrats to your son, know to swim is very important.
get better soon =D
lots of hugs
Oh my God, Anette!! You are soooo cute!!! And you are the same in the picture!! You never change!!! YOU ROCK!!
ReplyDeleteOhnnn, you were so cute... and I might say that your smile continues great!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI totally agree about your blog, you are not only a NW singer!!!
Hum... congratulation to your son!!
I'm glad that you're feeling better...
kisses
Lots of congrats to your son :)
ReplyDeleteAnd wow your face has not changed )_ i would recognize you in this photo if someone shows that to me once without telling me the truth about the person that's on the picture. So cool)_
And about the blog. All the information about Nightwish can be watched on its official web site so no need to spend all the time in here on NW as you meant and it's really interesting to know things about you as a person,,so..)
I also love to lie in the water for hours till the very last moment)_ mostly in the home swimming pool. The water in the river we have here is too dirty i think.
Nice you're finally up and do things at home and out of it)_
Take care,
Inga
Aww sweet picture of you :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your son! It is always useful to be an able swimmer. I used to enjoy it and go to the pool a lot when I was younger. These days the chlorine irritates my eyes and skin and I worry that it will affect my dyed hair! I definately agree on the need for warm water; at school there was a pool and honestly the water felt like the Baltic sea in winter because they refused to put the heating on. It wasn't pleasant.
I'm really sorry for that double post... My computer is messing around with me... Sorry...
ReplyDeleteOh you looked so cute and you're still a beautiful woman =)
ReplyDeletei♥ulots<3
Hello there!
ReplyDeleteI went into a completely "Awwwwww" state after watching that picture. You are (notice that I didn't say "were") soooo cute. May I say, you still have the same cheeky smile =D
I went to a swimming school too and it was great. I live near by a big river and when I was young(er) I loved to spend my summer days there.
It's great that you feel a bit better, hope you recover completely, soon.
Noelia
oh, this wonderful smile is still the same)))
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely picture, the same cute smile ^^
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling even better now, and having fun with your family :)
xoxo
God afton sött.
ReplyDeleteMmmh hoppas du är inte så sjuk mere. Är orolig för dig.
Spännande med simning, grattis och hälsningar till honom :) - Och riktig söt bild av dig, hehe, kan inte sluta att le :)
Hoppas att jag snart höra från dig igen sött, jag saknar dig så jävlamycket. Ha' en bra afton.
Your T
Hi!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was young I was swimming all day long too :p
And you're cute on the photo :)
Have a nice day!!
Charlotte
you look so cute, i love you and you are right about the nightwish stuffs, you sometimes write things about NW but this is your blog i love you and your photo is so adorable :)
ReplyDeleteYou were so sweet as a child ^^ I also like swimming, but most of all I love hiking in mountines :)
ReplyDeleteHope you will be better soon :*
And congrats to you son :)
hey Anette!
ReplyDeleteWrite whatever you want to, it's always fun to read it because thanks to your posts we can find more about you :)
And the photo - you've kept that smile until today! I guess I would recognize you from that photo if I didn't know it's you. Keep smiling, our Sunny :)
Susan
Alessia: I understand what you mean but I do hope you understand that what I write here is what I feel for writing. I am not only a singer, I am so much more and I do write about singing too but I cannot eat, breathe and drink singing every single minute of my life. If you were working with music I am sure you would understand that. Thanks though for your thoughts and have a nice day;=)
ReplyDeleteNettan dear, that photo is absolutely cute!
ReplyDeleteI can't say how happy I am that you write about YOUR life (and not only life with Nightwish).
You are a person who lives, thinks, breathes, is, does and has its own self. You are not only a part of something larger whole. Do you know what I mean? You are sweet, nice, warm and friendly yourself and that's definitely the "thing" I wanna read about.
Hugs again
Kris
Hi from Belgium,you are so cute Anette Big kiss
ReplyDeleteYes, Nettie, you write whatever you want, it's very good to know what you like and what you do.
ReplyDeleteAnd you were sooooo cute! You still cute :)
I used to swim a lot in the beaches here in Brazil, my hair looked curly and blond, the sun and salt were bad with it, kkkkkkk... Good times.
:*
Hi Anette, here I am again, and I would talk
ReplyDeleteyou pretty much okay with that swimwear *--*
child and was still; =)
Master ♥
@Anette: yes, I understand that, I'm not saying you should talk only about singing, that would be boring too, but it's a part of your life too and I just feel strange seeing that you almost never talk about it. And I think it would be very interesting to read that kind of stuff from a professionist in a more informal context than interviews or press conferences, maybe widening topics to less discussed arguments. I mean, I guess you can't eat, breath and eat dresses all the time too, right?
ReplyDeleteI'm a graphic, wannabe illustrator, in my blog I talk about illustration and graphic, about the progress of my own stuff because I like to talk about it, I spent my whole life drawing and I have many things to say about it. But I talk about music too, sometimes about my personal life. I guess every blog is differen, exactly like every person is different, I just wanted to point out this feeling of you having a weak interest in talking about music and singing.
I know many people don't think the same as me about this matter, but I feel like the blog of a professionist should be something more than a personal blog just because of the audience, not to deny your personality or because you have duties writing it. To me it's just natural, I feel that the relationship between an artist and his fans is so symbiotic that you always have the duty to feed the reason of their love for you, in your case the music first. I mean, I'd feel like this.
I guess that the main problem with me is that, in this moment of "silence" from the musical side of Nightwish (beacuse of tour, deserved rest and needed time to work on the next album), and with so much time to wait for something new, I'm loosing the link between music and everything surrounding Nightwish. There is too much talking and not enough music going on, and that's makes me feel strange about this band I like, because I'm hungry of music. That's why I'd like to find you talking deeply about this subject once in a while, not every day. Just a hope of mine, you have no duty about it.
Good evening,
Alessia :)
Anette, you are the living proof that a butterly can eventually turn out to be something even more beautiful...your smile is gold for my eyes ;=)
ReplyDeleteYou were so cute in this pic XD
I'm just listening to "Eva"... your voice make me dream... (All my words are copyrighted...eheheh)
Take care
Hey Nettie!
ReplyDeleteI loved everything you said in this post.
And you were absolutely cute as a little girl. ^_^
Much of love,
Dimitris
I think you are right! there are enough sites about NW.. this blog is about you as a person behind a famous singer..I really enjoy reading everything on this blog!
ReplyDeleteI have to say, I can't be fan of a band when I don't know if they are nice...with nice a mean that they aren't full of thereselfs and try to make the world a better place.
It's not just the music that is important, it's the message behind it :-)
Thanks for telling us about your childhood!
Hugs Xx
Ann
i think the best feeling for me when it came to swimming was teaching my sister to swim am gonna take her swimming again when my foots better :P
ReplyDeletenothing bettre then watching her paddle around looking dead proud of herself
Anette you are so cute in the picture! :) Where you was when you took it?
ReplyDeleteThat photo is so cute!!! Love it...and keep writing about clothes. You're a very very trustworthy source, and I for one am grateful for the advice and suggestions.
ReplyDeleteÁine
OMG!!! you were SOOOOO sweeet in this pictureee!!!!!:D:D
ReplyDeletekissss
sweetie:)
That's probably the cutest pic I've ever seen in my life! hehe
ReplyDeleteChilhood memories are always filled with tons of fun, nature, an innocence, I guess when we grow we lose some of it, won't u like to be in the muddy river again and don't repare of that, mud and water :p hehe
@ Alessia: I have realised reading some websites that there are some people that think the way you think about it, that Anette should focus more on writing about Nightwish and her career and singing in general. Not everyone is able to say it as respectfully as you are, though.
ReplyDeleteBut I have to agree with Anette here, it is her personal blog and she writes about her daily routines, what she saw and what she thinks about and of course it is not all about music. I work for an airline and sometimes I go home and think: if I just see one more airplane ... (fill in the blanks, hihi). You just cannot be your professional self for 24 hours, no matter how passionate you are about the job. If she would start writing about Nightwish more it would get her critiscm from a certain camp as well, you would hear things like "she uses her blog for Nightwish only, why does not she contribute to their official website then, does she think she IS Nightwish, bla bla" and if she does not do it, she gets the same reaction like "why is she only writing about fashion but states she is the singer of Nightwish in her profile" etc. Whatever she does, she could never do it right in the eyes of certain people, so why should she try please when it is impossible by nature? It is plain impossible to write about something that everyone will be happy about. So yes she is right, leaving the pressures of "oh I have to right this now, otherwise...." behind and just write about what she likes, it is her blog after all.
Of course it can come across superficial for some because it is about girly stuff but I have to admit that I really like that and I am
32 years old so I am past the teenage years. It gives this blog a little extra, you can read thousands of blogs about music only, but I personally like the way Anette shares certain private aspects of her life with us.
I never understood why people who get their knickers in a twist over this blog still come back to read it, but I guess they are fascinated by this blog, too.
Either way, Anette, continue as you do, there are plenty of people who like it! (and sorry for the long post)
Oh, that's very cute photo. I was in swimming school too when I was younger. I didn't want to go there but my mum made me. Well, I must say that I'm glad she made me go.
ReplyDeleteI like swimming. I have been swimming this summer just once, and that really sucks. But what can you do when the weather is cold.
I like water in general. You know, rivers, lakes, seas. The bigger the water area is, the better. I love to watch sunsets by the sea.
I think that you don't have to write about NW in this blog. I mean, there's a whole website and forum for NW so that's enough. Besides, it's nice to read here things about you, because I don't know you so well (well, how could a fan know her idol ;)) because you're the newest member in Nightwish.
Little you is cute! ;-)
ReplyDeleteMethinks you're very brave and strong, sharing so much details about your personal life here and having such an open, honest, from-the-heart and "non-filtered" style of communication (especially taking all that negativity, criticism and "bashing for bashing's sake" there still exists around, especially on cesspools like "Suomi24" and other "discussion" forums, and which will probably never cease because god knows bored and bitter people need their daily ego-boosters... O__O), instead of just "official" stuff about NW. (Hard to imagine what exactly could one write about NW at the moment anyway, when the gigs of this tour are almost over and after that, a long break?) There is, after all, the official NW website that surely gives enough information about the state of the band to all who are interested (and enough gossip tabloids to give even that information without which one could surely survive... O__O but, I digress ;-))
Just keep posting about your clothes shoppings, daily routines and thoughts -- that's what every "normal" person does in their blogs after all, and what really appeals to me in this whole band is exactly that, that you're all "normal" people. Yes, I've probably said the same million times before, but it's heartwarming to see how, despite fame and success, there are still people to whom it has not gotten into their heads (on the contrary to what people on those so-called "discussion forums" claim, people who have probably never even seen one single gig or met a single one of the band members in person...).
Even if the NW musical style is bombastic, pompous even, "big", dramatic... you name it, seeing you on the stage always gives me this impression of a bunch of close, dear friends, and this warm, down-to-earth "family" vibe transfers to the audience side as well -- which is the exact reason why your gigs are such a joy to watch :-)
Have a nice day, and hopefully your flu is not so bad anymore :-)
PS: You should kick the boys to start their own blogs too ;-) I bet they're far more computer-savvy than they let understand.. ;-)
Hello Anette!
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to hear that you are feeling better:)And it's so nice your son has graduate,congratulations to him!I also love swimming,it's my favorite sport(and the only one I practice unfortunetely),even today I swimmed and I felt awesome:)
Oh and you look so cute in this picture!You can tell it's you not only because of the blonde hair,but your gorgeus and beautiful smile.And this might be too personal but how old were you one this picture was taken?
And by the way you are absolutely free to write anything you want on your blog because it's YOURS.;)
Have a nice day!
Hugs And Kisses,
Cristina
@ Katrin: In fact I don't think she should talk about Nightwish, I'm really sick of reading of Nightwish, I don't need to hear or know anything else about the band. I'm talking about music in general. And I like to know something about her more personal life, it's a nice way to create a friendly connection with your fans, I'm not complaining about it. I just felt this blog was too similar to a fashion blog than a singer's blog, I just find it weird and, I admit, deluding in some way. But I'm the one to blame for my expectations, I know. Yeah,
ReplyDeleteI understand you when you say that thing about your work, but in this case I think you can't say you live for airplanes, right? I'm a barmaid, but I don't live to make coffees or cappuccinos, I like my job but my passion, my life is drawing, doing comics and graphic stuff, I studied for it and I love to talk about it. What I'm trying to explain is that I can't understand how a person who claims singing is her passion, and being a singer her dream, could almost never talk about it. Maybe I get this impression only because Anette posts very frequently, so the "music" posts seem to be fewer than their effective number, but the nice thing about blogs is even that we can complain about its contents if we think it can be a useful experience for the writer to understand our point of view, right? :)
I personally follow this blog because I'm interested in Anette's career, and because I always hope to find something interesting written by her, something to discuss.
Hi Anette, why don't you ever add my comments? Sorry for the question, but I posted many many times (twice with the nickname "elisa") and I have seen no comments yet. Is this a problem of my computer? Bye
ReplyDeleteHi there :)
ReplyDeleteIt's important for children to learn to swim, for my part i live in a place close to the sea and i have a swimming pool so i started early learn how to swim ^^
This pic is soooooooo cute, you have never lost your beautifull child smile :)
Take care <3
Wow...how adorable pictures, it's very cute and sweet! I love it!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Hugs
@ Alessia:
ReplyDeleteThank you for your reaction to my post. OK I have to admit that I slightly misread your first post (by thinking you meant writing about Nightwish instead of writing about music). And yes you are also right about the point that I do not live for airplanes although I must say that most of the time I get excited when I see one or when I am at an airport. But is not what you say "you cannot live for your work" also something that applies to music? I mean as much as someone loves to make music or sing, their life should not be 24 hours full of it, nor for any hobby or passion for that matter. And Anette talks a lot about fashion and styles because it is another passion of hers, too.
So you draw and do graphic stuff? I checked your profile hoping to find a blog to go with it but could not find it. Did you ever think of doing one, portraing your art or just for your hobby? I am just asking because I am really interested in that.
@ Anette: Is there a chance of another question round in the coming future so we can ask a lot of (music related) questions again? Maybe this way we can shift the balance to music related topics a little, there seems to be a lot of interest.
Both of you, have a nice day,
Katrin
you're very cute
ReplyDelete@Katrin: Yeah, the concept that I was expressing is that our works, yours and mine, aren't our "dream job", I guess, while Anette's should be, reading her words. That was the core of all my elucubrations XD However, I'm glad we're understanding each other points.
ReplyDeleteAbout me, I've been a professional graphic for a couple of years, but I hated my bosses and I left because the situation was horribile, then I had another bad experience (I didn't get paid for a long work), and I dacided to take a rest from professional graphic works. But I keep on doing my own stuff :)
On the web you can find a lot of interesting websites about graphic, my own website is www.themindshake.net, there's no professional stuff there but one day there will be XD
Thank you for your interest, I really appreciate it.
Good evening,
Alessia
you are so cute :)
ReplyDeleteYou were SO cute and adorable when you were young :)
ReplyDeleteAdorable pic ♥ I'm back from the camp I work at for the week ... the kids are SO cute when they're in the water - they can keep splashing, going on the water slide, chasing frogs in the water, etc. - for hours on end - it's so awesome to watch and see how happy they all become :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Suzy C. ♥
Ohh, so sweet to see a pic of you when you was a little girl :)
ReplyDeleteThanks!