Oh, I was up to late last night and then woke up early again with songs in the head;=) I feel like some music addict at the moment. But that´s nice.
Thanks for all the nice comments about October and April and the video. Someone wanted me to tell a bit about the making of it, how it was to work with the green screen etc, so here we go:
With Amaranth, Bye bye and Islander, it was working in the present and acting together. With this video it was all different. Me and Lauri only had one scene together and that is the last one, where I put my hand on his cheek. Other than that it was only our own walking scenes in different stages.
I am used to run on a tread mill but this one was painted green and nothing to hold on to, so the balance was a bit hard to hold. Also we recorded the video in "double-speed" and that made it harder too. Walking fast, trying to think of walking in New York when all is a studio environment with nothing but green;=) well, it was a bit hard.
I like the video and think the guys have made a great job with it. The result is beautiful=)
I still prefer to do more "live-shot" videos since it feels more natural, but it was nice to learn about this way of making videos too;=)
Friday, 23 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think shooting a video on the studio with a green wall and nothing more is very difficult too, but at the same time is interesting, because you have to work your mind and imagination.
ReplyDeleteThe result is very beautiful like I said and the music is so soft, I will sing it to my niece soon =).
Love,
Carol
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteHope your having a good day & your welcome for the comments =)
That balance thing sounds difficult, i know my balance is awful
You couldnt tell that you were having to hold your balance, your walking was very soft & graceful kind of like you were floating.
I watched it again a few times since, its so lovely =)
Kisses
Kelly
XxX
Good morning, Anette!
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased that the songwriting is going well and that you are enjoying yourself.
I love 'October and April'. Your voices work really well together.
Hope you have another creative and inspiring day. Have fun!
Aw! I can only imagine how hard it is to shoot MVs which are mostly made of CGI but You and Laurie did an awesome job an the song is superb!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Love,
Karo E.
Thanks for this Behind the video infos are really interesting. Thanks for be happy and help me, today I'm so sad.
ReplyDeleteMiriam xxx
Hello dear Anette , the video is wonderful (I need to say it again)
ReplyDeleteThanks for telling us about "Behind the video"
Enjoy the day
Love
Ena
Hey :)
ReplyDeleteA music addiction :) is very nice ;)
hope you are doing fine ;)
I watched the video many times by now. and i have to say: i like it more and more :)
have a beautiful day
smile a lot and have fun
take care
huuuugs
LOVE AND RESPECT
Chris :)
Hello Anette =)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds nice to wake up with songs in the head.
I tried to dream of a music or a poem, so when I woke up I would write and transform what I dreamt into a poem. I have been trying for three nights, but I still didn't dream of anything. Grrr!
Thank you for telling more about the video.
I guess it was more difficult to make it than I thought.
The result is indeed beautiful. I love it!
Hugs,
Fábio
I thought that that is what it was ^.^ Thanks for the explanation. I think green screens are the toughest to act on. Like you say, there is nothing there aside from your imagination. You did a far better job than I ever could. Put me in front of a camera and I go into a giggling fit for about a half hour ^.^'' Which is why I keep myself behind the computer, doing the animation work instead lol
ReplyDeleteThe video came out wonderfully, though. Great job on everyone's part.
Your talk of how difficult it is to walk on the treadmill for a greenscreen shoot reminded me of a charity video in the UK a couple of years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6liAimpfH3k
ReplyDeleteFeatures a Comedian walking down through various sets, joined by different 'celebrities' and for part of it use 3 treadmills (found somewhere in the BBC studios) against a greenscreen. and the numberous tales of how hard it was to walk on these treadmills (since they couldnt get all three to go at the same speed)
and theres a behind the scenes on the story of the 'making of' for the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9TAJAihCx0&feature=PlayList&p=2CEEA7ED468F7DCD&index=0&playnext=1
Hi Anette!
ReplyDeleteI really have to say that I love the video of October and April. It tells so beautifully about the meeting of dark and light and you really look like an angel. <3 The song is also very beautiful melodically and I love your voice. Thank you for linking the video!
Have a nice weekend! :)
With love,
Sara Sofia
Hi Anette! :D
ReplyDeleteYou and Lauri look lovely in the October & April video and the effects turned out great!
I have one question: is it true that Tuomas has already decided on a name for the new Nightwish album? Is it really "Wind Emblazed"?
Even if you don't answer, that's okay. :) You probably get a lot of questions and you're so busy now with your own album.
<3 love from Canada,
Delusion-Elle
Wow, that's a lot to put into it!
ReplyDeleteBut it turned out really great!
I couldn't image how it was with all the
green(probably a bit bright and
hard to concentrate), sounds like it's
really hard! The whole process actually
sounds pretty interesting to me.
I saw "The Making Of" videos for Amaranth,
Bye Bye, and Islander and it looked a little
more easier...but either way this video looks
like it would have been confusing to make,
but at the same time interesting and fun!
It turned out awesome and the effects
are really amazing! I loved it! You both
sound so good and you looked gorgeous!
Hugs and love, Katie T.
Delusion-Elle: I found that the title
ReplyDeleteof the new Nightwish album
was just released this month,
and it's called "Wind Embraced".
There's a couple comments on it and one
of Troy Donockley saying, "Oh yes,
I WILL be playing on the next album and
from what Tuomas has told me,
it is going to be something extraordinary..."
I am now pretty excited!
With that title, it sounds like it will be
a really good album!
Hugs and love, Katie T.
Even if the scenario created by the green screen wasn't real, you did it just great Anette. It's so good to see both Lauri and you do an excellent performance with such beautiful song surrounding it.
ReplyDeleteHugs ^^