Wednesday, 2 September 2009

blog trends in the world?

Hi all,

I dont know if its only here in Sweden we have so many blogs going around? Is it the same in the rest of the world? Let me know, I am curious;=)

Cause over here its a big thing and almost everyone has one...

Let me know about your countries and the blog thingy;=)

77 comments:

  1. Hi Anette

    I think blogs are pretty much everywhere! I'm on LiveJournal (http://anna-disgrace.livejournal.com/ is my journal) which I prefer to blogspot as you can set some posts to private, or so only friended people can read them. Here in the UK they seem quite common, and in my home country of Canada, they seem to be growing in popularity.

    Everyone has something to say, I guess :)

    Glad to see your little kitties are getting along!

    Love
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol xD
    Well, the worlds like one big blog nowdays, the internet rulles the earth xD

    I know alot of people who don't have on hear in England, but alot tend too. I think it just depends really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, there are many blogs in France too.
    Many people like to create one to share their lives, their musical tastes,...
    I think it's a good way to communicate with people from different countries.
    It's always nice to talk with people who has the same interest as you... I contacted these people through my YouTube channel =)

    Personally, I didn't have a blog before following yours =P

    Love you so much Nettie =)
    Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stardate 2.9.2009

    Captain's (B)Log. :)

    Beautiful lifeform in northern hemisphere detected. Identified as human female AO. Subject is questioning about blogs. 1st officer Spock noted this is illogical. Universe contains only one blog which matters. Beam me down Scotty. ;)

    I hope you watched the good old Enterprise shows to get the point. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. woww!! haha
    here in Spain only not so much people have one of this
    and most of the time is like a personal website to write about your feelings but not showing them to the rest of the people...
    here we have "tuenti" a website similar to facebook and myspace and everybody has one haha
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anette^^

    I think this blog thing is going arround the world. it´s grown a trend i think. So thats the way i see it :)

    have a great time
    ;)

    biiig huuug
    Love and Respect
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Ireland we dont really have blogs...we have bebo and facebook though. Some people use livejournal. I love your blog though. Cant wait to hear the solo stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well....I think that blogs are used in all countries. There are many blogs in Croatia. Many famous people have their blog.
    P.S. Do you like my myspace support for you??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anette ^^

    Well, here in holland it's not that huge, but alot of 'famous' people here have blogs, about fashion, daily life or music and stuff.
    It's really fun reading all of those (But yours is more fun, DUH =D)
    Cause you read things you normally wouldn't know.
    I only have my blog on deviantart, which is more like a journal ;p
    www.lizlunatic.deviantart.com
    But since I don't have a particularly exciting life it's more just random stuff in that blog ;p

    Have a nice day =D

    Xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi, dear! i'm from Russia. =) i wanted to read you and come here =) oh, I will be at Nightwish's concert on saturday!!! i'm happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my angel!

    Here in Brazil the same thing happen. There so many blogs, that sometimes I lose myself and I dont know how I read more!
    I have one, and everyday I post something, but is in portuguese, but if you can enter there and comment something I'll get so happy!

    here is the link http://blogdocalangodocerrado.blogspot.com/

    Please, comment for me!!

    Kisses and hugs from your biggest fan in Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't blog ...I'm too lazy or already getting old, I don't know(sometimens I already feel old at Nightwish concerts...uuuh, but I still rock ;-))
    The major thing here in Austria (well, at least among my friends) seems to be facebook (and myspace). If you're not on facebook, you're not existing. Well there you can blog too, so it's more or less the same, just different namens I guess.
    greets,
    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anette,

    here in Germany it's the same. I think nearly everybody has a blog.
    Unfortunately I see some of my friends very seldom, and it's not always possible to call to them, but they have their blogs and so I can read what's up in their lives and I can answer them. That's cool and it makes communication very easy. But we should take care about what we write, because everybody could read it.

    Now it's time for our girls night out and some cocktails ;-)

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Anette =)

    Blogs seem to be quite popular here in the US as well. I know that I personally love having one (I actually have a few different ones, on here and on livejournal, mostly to keep my poetry, lyrics, stories, etc. all separated out from my normal, daily ramblings, heh), and a few of my close friends have one as well. I tend to find myself writing in at least one of mine two or three times a day, and it's a really nice way to let your friends (and the rest of the world) know what's going on in your life and what's on your mind =)

    It also seems that here in the US a lot of news programs and "special interest" groups are using blogs to communicate with the general population. I know that when we're watching CNN in the morning, they're always talking about how people can go to their blog and comment on what's happening in the world.

    The world truly is "shrinking" and it's become so easy to keep in touch with friends from all over the world. I'm old enough to remember when the only way you could do that was by writing a letter to a penpal, heh...

    Take care, and enjoy the rest of your day =)

    Hugs,
    Selene

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, blogs are everywhere. It seems almost everyone has one now. I've had my own blog "Deep Thinker" since 2006. Wasn't sure about it at first, and sometimes I get bored with it or I'm too busy to post anything, but usually it's fun. I haven't got the time to read a lot of blogs, but there are a few that I follow, and yours is one of them, Anette. I really love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here in the Netherlands it is quite popular although I would not say that a lot of people have them, but there is for sure a lot of blog-reading going on.

    I used to have my blog on a networking site before but moved it to Blogger some months ago. Your blog actually inspired me to write more blogs on a regular basis and it is really addictive. I also play around with the layout of my blog as well, there are so many templates out there, it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anette,
    Here in the UK, I think blogging is pretty big. I know I follow quite a few different fashion ones and some of my friends have blogs, although I'm probably the most active blogger out of all of us!!

    I don't know if it's huge with that many younger people though...no one seems to want to write much these days, they just get Twitter instead which is only 140 characters, so that's like...2 sentences. I have both and I love them for different reasons but I think short "blogging" on Twitter seems to be the bigger trend here rather than actual blogs.

    But I think both are great!!
    Holly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't really think it was a big thing but I probably just dont know about them. I only really read your blog :) and I love it.

    Good luck with the solo album by the way, I cant wait to hear it.

    All my love and support.

    Love Kellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hej Anette, ville bara flika in lite här och säga att ditt framträdande på Gustaf Adolfs torg i Augusti var helt makalöst. Du hade mig i tårar när du sjöng Meadows of heaven, så otroligt vackert det lät. Sluta aldrig någonsin sjunga, din röst är änglalik och den berör.

    // David

    ReplyDelete
  20. Blogs are a massive thing world-wide, Anette.

    I'm a freelance writer/journalist and believe me, blogs are a huge, huge thing. People have blogs for everything. Many people keep 6-10 different blogs for all their different hobbies...food, drink, travel, pets, video games, bands, movies, whatever.

    My own is a mixture of business related and professional, while my wife's is the same (she has a part-time crafting business making little hand-crafted trinkets). But yeah...blogs are a huuuuge thing. Especially in the US, people have been turning blogs into multi-million dollar businesses for the past decade or so. Absolutely key if you want to market yourself in the 21st century.

    I was actually totally in shock when my wife told me she had stumbled upon your blog the other day. She's a major fan of Nightwish (I'm a fan, just not as die-hard as her!) and she was all sorts of excited when she showed me your blog. Personally, I love being able to follow bands and their members via blogs, because it shows the fans that you are really more than just a business person about the band/industry, and it allows you to reach a personal level with your fans that you might not have otherwise been able to achieve.

    All of my favorite authors keep blogs as well, showcasing anything from where they are at on chapter progression for their latest novel or what they are reading, etc.

    Blogging is great :) Viral marketing is a fun thing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Anette! Sorry for my absence! My pc is very very very slow and luckly I'll buy a new one next week!!

    Anyway.. Here in Italy I don't think that blogs are important.. If someone has one it's just for write bulls***s.. Now, you know, Facebook is the new fashion of the year and many people have their profile on it.. Do you have one??

    Hope you answer me!

    Kisses and hugs

    Mattia!

    Ps. Many compliments for your performances at the Suomi Safari!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anette !
    Here in SLOVAKIA we have too so many blogs. Especially about music,our favorite movies,peoples etc.
    I have m& blog mainly for my friends to know what I am doing. I write there my experiences etc.
    (Sorry for my English).

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi anette!!
    in spain blogs are very famous all over the world have one, here in spain is a blog called tuenti is private and you can talk to your friends to upload photos and comment, we like a blog bus is private, if one that is not your friend wants to get into your contact list you must send an invitation and you if you want if you give or not. I put you here a steering of a blog of art taht is my cousin you can she the pictures you draw, draw very well http://arteumaran.blogspot.com/ I leave here I hope you like. kisses Natalia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So the situation in the Czech republic is like in Sweden. But I think that popular facebook is getting stronger here too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, in Italy most of the people over 30 is pretty ignorant about blogs and internet stuff, politicians are even trying to find a way to control blog contents because they don't like the fact that people talks about what they think and everyone can read it. They were talking about suing bloggers, about making laws against so called "diffamation trough blog", about the obbligation to specify the source of every single information and things like this or being punished and so on...they're just trying to keep people ignorant about what's happening in their country. So, I dare to say Italy is a technologically ignorant country, overall.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hiho Anette!
    Well, I think nowadays blogs are really popular... It's easy way to say something, show our lives, our state of opinion etc.

    I like to read your blog, because I can find here mixture of different topics such as music, cooking and so many others...

    And other ppl, like you, are writing about interesting things they found.
    I have got a blog, too. But, I was writing for few years and now, I've got so many things to do and to write about, that I don't know what it should be witten on it. ^^"

    I hope you understand my ugly english ;) Your blog is also a place where I can try my best in english :)

    Have a nice day (or evening)!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lots of bloggers in Canada, and bloggers of pretty much every ilk: political, food (and here I will shamelessly plug my own foodblog ReTorte), cultural, social issues, mental health, book bloggers, etc. etc. I personally have several blogs in addition to my food blog, and this is pretty common, too. Still, I do run into a fair number of people who haven't got a clue about what blogging is, and it always surprises me because it seems like such a common thing nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Same here in the neighbour, at least :) I've had, what, five blogs since 2002 -- as a restless person I always start new ones and delete the previous when I start to feel I've spent too much time in the same place :p

    This Google blogger is new to me, I've usually preferred LiveJournal. Finally gave up to Facebook this Summer, too -- it was creepy to find all old classmates and whatelse, like all my past flashing against my face in a day! :D

    I hear ya about that crazy guy downstairs :( Hopefully his father is ok -- I can only imagine how terrible that situation is to neighbours too, never sure what's happening and when this crazy guy decides to come to _your_ door! (I've gotten death threats for four years from my crazy downstairs neighbour and her drinking buddies, it really got on my nerves at some point! Heh, actually, whilst I type this there's some horrible brawl going on again -- I can clearly hear how they're shouting and screaming and cursing to each other... O__O Sheesh, if I ever get rich I'll move out of Helsinki downtown as soon as I can and build a nice house in the middle of nowhere in some peaceful, relaxed countryside ;))

    Nice pics, btw :) You look really good and relaxed and your kitties are uber-cute. So peacefully just sitting there and watching out of the window... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jasså det tycker du?

    Jag tycker faktiskt inte att det är så många, iallafall inte bland folk i den ålderna jag umgås med (gymnasieåldern då). Men det kanske är fler "äldre" svenskar som har det ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Anette!

    Well, here in Brazil there are so many blogs, almost all of my friends have one.

    I have one where I post my poems(they are in english).

    I think that everybody have something to show to the world and having a blog is a nice way to do that. So it could explain why everyday more and more blogs are created around the world.

    Kisses
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  31. In France everyone have a blog since 2000 I believe... Generally it's "Skyblog", from a radio station called skyrock.
    In my opinion, a lot of teenager have blogs (to tell about their lifes,loves...), and after they passed to facebook or twitter. Nevertheless some adults have blogs to speak about their passion, dreams, news...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well, I know many people in Brazil who own a blog.

    I mean... The majority of the population do not have access to internet, but the ones that do have a blog or at least twitter or orkut.
    I think the orkut is the most popular among the three of them but I can't tell for sure since so many brazilians are now on twitter (even the president!)
    There's some others brazilian who post here everyday, so let's see what they say about it ;)

    I know that a lot of journalists, writers and teachers here have blogs but as I told you, it's not a big part of the population. (thank God, because we have 190 million people over here! hehehe)

    I have 2 blogs. One in portuguese and one in english (that I created only to write something for you. Something I wrote here also).

    Here are the links:
    http://ficoloka.blogspot.com (In portuguese. I can translate if anyone is interested)
    http://meryinenglish.blogspot.com (this one is in english, but there's nothing there yet. just an opening post and a "little" text to Anette)

    Everybody is invited to visit them whenever they feel like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello, Anette!

    I am your biggest fan from Brazil and I heard the song "There will come a day" with you and I would like to know where I can find the score of that music! I really would like to play that song on my piano and I can't find the score! The arrangement of that song is really beautiful... so, I hope you can help me!

    I love you, Anette! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  34. In America it depends on the city. New York has enough bloggers to make its own little Blogcountry... but not as much in other cities. I'm one of those rare people in Chicago that have a Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Not big about blogging but I have something to say. 2 years ago I got a new job but had to relocate 600miles. It was very lonely, only had my music. Iron Maiden, Dream Theater etc. but they only reminded me of home. I found NW on Amazon and listened to DPP samples. I knew I found what I needed. Your voice! Your voice is so amazing and pure. You helped me feel like I was home in my new home. You reached in and gave my soul comfort. I'm sure you read posts like this all the time but I dont post very often and felt like I needed to tell you this.By the way, right after I discovered NW, you guys were in my new town of Lawrence Kansas. Didnt make it though as funds were short having just moved. Have a nice day Anette and Thank You very much for caring about your fans. I'm very excited to hear your solo album and new NW as well.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, yeah! Here in Russia many people have their blogs. It's a popular thing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yes, you're right. Making blogs is really getting big nowadays.
    I live in Romania and a lot of my friends have one and write in it. I know some girls who are keeping life/femininity/fashion blogs, sort of combining all these subjects, giving their own opinions about different events in the world, or talking about love and feelings, friendships etc. Some of them keep some sort of a journal, similar to yours, where they write about everything that catches their attention, guys usually write about their everyday life/music as well and some are even sharing their work, poetry or creations.
    People are getting more and more extroverted, and I think that's good. Sometimes you can get to know someone better from what they write when they're calm and clear-headed, at home, in front of the computer, just by reading what they'd been thinking of. I personally don't have one, because I'm a bit too lazy to keep it updated, I'd probably write in it for a couple of days and get bored/out of ideas hehe. So I kind of admire people who can start something and keep it up. And it's a great means of expression.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you Anette for the interest :)
    It's not like "crazy" here in Russia about writing a blog but LOTS of young people and not only them in here do this at www.LiveJournal.ru(it's a blog space for us, don't know if people in Sweden use that resource). Well it has a international variant as www.livejournal.ru :) So the blog takes it's place in Russia ;=) People like it and me of course though i'm half polish (some realtives still live in Poland).
    With love,
    Inga

    ReplyDelete
  39. hej!!
    well, here in Bolivia, just the politicians post blogs!!! and now is worst than ever because the elections are coming and every damn politician write all days a lot of lies and the sad part is than the most part of the people read it!!!:(
    I guess is free speach, but girl, all the rights have a little limitations and more if that "free speach is full of lies!! or what do u think???
    thank you so much for read this and have a great september :P
    please take care and see you later :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. In Belgium we have Netlog and ofcourse Facebook but a personal blog is not really a trend..
    But I like to here theres a new trend :-)
    Its good that people write what they think and been true, cuz we can lurn from what others write!
    I'm verry very happy you have a blog!!
    I could not miss it annymore!

    Greets xxx
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  41. A lot of blogs in Ireland are related to technology or current affairs/politics. I follow the blogs of a few economists because I'm interested in how they view the recession here. I dont know of many general "life" blogs though. They are here, but maybe not very well known.

    - Áine

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Anette!
    I'm reading you about a month now but I have written something. Here in Greece many people have blogs about news, fashion, food, cinema etc. Before a year, all the news in tv had a discussion because jurnalists argued that the blogs didn't confirm the news.

    Sorry for my English.

    P.S. I love the way that you sing "Higher than hope".

    ReplyDelete
  43. in france we have many blogs to , but facebook have the power now , we have to resist lol , but i don't have blog , just account to speak with you and michael bohlin , i like his blog to , he sold his guitar on it , very nice .
    bisous , i see you in 17 days , i'm readyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  44. Anette OLá here in Brazil we have many blogs by number of accesses the internet just lost to India and the United States, after all we are 230 million Brazilians, according to the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics.

    There are times when I wonder why so many Bloggers? but I imagine that every citizen must have something to say ...

    A kiss on your heart and hope you return to Brazil and in my city Brasilia, which is the capital of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Anette OLá here in Brazil we have many blogs by number of accesses the internet just lost to India and the United States, after all we are 230 million Brazilians, according to the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics.

    There are times when I wonder why so many Bloggers? but I imagine that every citizen must have something to say ...

    A kiss on your heart and hope you return to Brazil and in my city Brasilia, which is the capital of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I think writing a blog is some kind of trend now all over the world. Has been for a while. Of course I don't mean that it's a bad thing. I had a little blog couple of years ago but no-one read it and I never had anything interesting to write there! =D Boring life you know.. =D

    I think there's lots of blogs here in Finland. I've seen one finnish fashion blog but I have lost it.
    I think finnish people like to write blogs because they can say there anything. You know, they write it on the web, they don't say it face to face. Finnish people are usually shy so if you have something to say out loud you can do it in your blog =D And some finnish celebrities use their blogs "to tease" some other celebrities. Maybe teasing is too hard word here but they kind of use their blogs "to fight" with each other. Of course this is something that doesn't happen everyday. There are very good blogs too..

    I read only two blogs. The other one is yours and the other one is one famous singer's blog. But I think your blog is so much better, because you write so often and you write well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  47. When you want to travel on the waves of the Internet and want to land here in Brazil. Can you believe that you already have a friend ok? kisses

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi =D
    I'm from Argentina, and over here having a blog is still not too usual, although sometimes we seem forced to, because at university some teachers use it to communicate with students (if there is any problem or something, if classes are suspended, or whatever).

    BUT almost everybody has a Facebook account, or Fotolog (just because they like to).


    Hugs from the other side of the world =)!

    Rina.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi Anette!
    Yeah, you're right: blogs are getting more and more popular - in Hungary, too.
    Lot of friend of mine started blogging. We can get known each other better this way and can follow the other's days and feelings and so on.
    And if you find a blog and you think the writer is a nice person you can make a new friend!
    I think one of the bigges advantage of blogging is this: getting popularity and making relationships or friendships :)
    And the advantage in my case: I'm wiritng my blog in English. In the beginning it took a long while to write a whole post but now I can write very fast and easy in the foreign language :D Good way to practise. (yeah, a little advertisement, my blog: http//hemynight.blogspot.com :D)
    Oh and another experience: I read a girl's blog about a year ago and I got connected with her after a few days. We talked a lot and then she invited me to the Nightwish concert in Debrecen. Of course I went with her and there I fell in love with the band. :) So I can thank her and the blogging this whole thing - being a Nightwish fan.
    So blogging is a very useful thing - I think :)

    Best wishes and keep the blogging on, Anette! :)

    Dóri

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi there :)

    I've already tried to send this message, but somehow I just couldn't xD (or that's what it seems like) so here I go again:
    I'm from Argentina (far away..), and over here it is still uncommon, most people don't have blogs. Sometimes we seem forced to have one because at university, professors use it to communicate with students if anything happens (to answer questions, or if classes are suspended, for example).. but these blogs aren't "personal blogs", if that's what you're talking about.

    On the other hand, Facebook or Fotolog accounts over here are almost like having a telephone number xD.


    Lots of hugs, from the other side of the world =)!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Blogs are in all Europe :-) In Czech Republic - where I live - is a lot of blogs.

    Bye Anette :-) Humr

    ReplyDelete
  52. It's the reflection of globalization :P
    Looks like blogs are going on around almost the whole world. There are many, many brazilian blogs going around too.

    I don't have one, hehe.

    Have a great evening :)
    Fábio

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Anette

    We have blogs in Belgium but not that much. I think most people have Facebook (it's like almost everybody between 15 and 25 years old) and also more and more people younger or older then that age. I don't know a single friend of mine who has a blog. So not that populair!
    Blogs are more used by schools. I'm in the teaching-business and I know that many teachers make a blog with their class. (I haven't got one yet, because I don't have a job in a school yet. I just got my diploma from last week due to 1 re-examination. Grr.)

    Hehe, I just read above that Amy (also from Belgium) said pretty much te same of our country. So, it matches. It seems like we don't follow the trend that much in Belgium if I compare with other country's.

    I probably will start a blog with my class when I get a job in a school. But otherwise I don't think I will start a personal blog. I don't know if anyone would read it, althougt I like to share my thoughts. I think it's very nice to have a blog if you have a exciting, not-so-common life, just like you.

    And further.... How are things going with your own cd/career? I'm very excited, can't wait, hehe :D.

    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi,
    I guess that here in The Netherlands it isn´t so populair.
    Most people here are on 'Hyves' or 'Twitter'
    Im only on Hyves, Twitter is new i guess.

    Loves,
    Fay

    ReplyDelete
  55. In Holland it's not like everyone has a blog.. But most people do have a Hyves page, which is something like a Myspace in Dutch, and some people have blogs on their page. I don't have a blog myself since I can't think of anything to write about my life that people would actually care about. =)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hey Anette!
    I don't have a blog and I don't know so much people, here in Germany, who have one. Most of the people I know use facebook and I also do.


    Have a nice evening<3

    ReplyDelete
  57. Yeah, I live in the U.S. and
    I know tons of people who have blogs.
    I have two or three on multiple
    websites and I LOVE to blog.
    I think it's good for stress relieving/venting
    and it's also relaxing.
    In the states, the bigger the town is,
    it seems like there's more blogging,
    but I live in a smaller sized city and plus
    the cities around me,
    we have a lot of bloggers.

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I don´t think so that here (in Finland) blogs are so popular. I don´t know any blog of my friends. I only read your blog :D
    We have for example IRC-galleria, which is photo gallery, but there can write your own "diary" and maybe it´s something like blog :)
    There you can delimit writing that only your friends can read it or that all can read it etc.
    I don´t have blog but sometimes I write to my IRC-galleria diary :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. hey,Anette
    i'm from Japan...
    in our country we often use cellphone to update our blog,and we like to append some pic in our blog..wrote blog is indispensable to young japanese,i think :P

    this is my blog:
    http://ameblo.jp/akimihayashi/

    this blog system called "ameblo",so many people use this system to write down a blog and include japan's entertainer...

    i like to see your blog everyday,
    although we are separated by a never ending ocean,due to see this blog,i fell so close to you:)It's not far anymore from Japan to Sweden.


    -Akimi

    ReplyDelete
  60. I'm not really sure about the rest of the world, but blogs aren't that big around where I live in the US. However, Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter are HUGE.

    ReplyDelete
  61. There are many blogs on Aland island (Åland) to

    ReplyDelete
  62. hey Anette!

    I'm a great admirer of yours, as all the people here who read this blog..
    I've read it from the beginning but it's my first comment. I'll try not to write too much but I have to say you're a great role model, a great lead singer, a great person and the most important of all, a great mother. I admire you, how do you manage to do all that??

    as for blogs, it's really popular here where I live - Estonia. I've had plenty, some in english and some in estonian. I've always written about myself - what I was up to, what I was thinking about etc etc but then I stopped for a year and started again, but now I'm writing about music, because this is something that is vital to me and writing about that doesn't bore me. this way I can write about me (because we are all narcissistic inside) but also about music. my blog is about why I like the music I like, what music makes me feel etc. if anyone feels like checking it out, it's in english and it's at

    http://musicordie.tumblr.com

    Anette, rock on. you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Dear Anette,

    here in Romania everyone has hi5 or myspace or facebook but people don't use blogs that much!
    Everyone keeps in touch trough the Yahoo!Messenger here.
    For example last year we have started a blog on blogspot for our whole class ............so we are 26 people and we all have the same blog and it's really fine like this. We don't use it very often.
    I don't think that we would have started each of us a blog!

    Love,
    Herta

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hi Anette! =)

    I don't think blogs are a trend here in Portugal. A few people have them to share their thoughts and experiences and others have a blog who's like an online diary. Some people post very personal and intimate stuff on their pages ...
    Hi5, myspace and facebook are more like a trend in my country. Even the little kids have a personal page =).
    Have a good night.

    Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hello Anette,

    Well... Here in Brazil many people have blog and other expression manner as orkut, twitter, myspace.. But orkut is a relationship website and you can let message and share photos, videos and add your friends and other things.
    I have blog too. I update with curious news, my text, poems, joke, photos too.

    What could i say of brazil?
    Brazil is a beautiful place. Have many nationality: european, asiatic, african, american and indians ^_^
    Brazil is a mixture country. You can find different culture in one place.
    Sao Paulo have one street only asian call Liberty Street. Chinese, Japonese, Korean and so on.

    My father is chinese. He's 40 years here. He wants come back from China, but my older brother don't like this idea ^_^
    I live in Northest of Brazil.
    Maceió is my city. Knowing "Water's Paradise".
    Have many beach. I like here ^_^

    And other side have any problems with violence, traffic of drugs. The police, someone, are corrupt like politician too.
    But the brazilian president are carismatic and he done good things.

    Well.. I can tell that my country is a very better place. We can to live together peacefully with respect to other culture.

    This is my Brazil ^_^

    Godbless Anette!!!
    Much kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hello Anette !

    I hope you're doing well. Here, the morning was a bit cold, the afternoon SO HOT and we had rain in the evening. Weird weather. I wish you will have a big sunshine in Sweden, then you can have great resting days to exercise, compose and go out with your son or your friends !

    So, let's talk about the topic... This blog thing is very HUGE here in France. But, I got to say that it was bigger before !

    You see, 3 or 4 years from now, E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E had a blog ! And the blogs were used in many ways : some people showed their creations in their blogs, some others were using it to talk about the things they stand for (for example, so much blogs were about fighting AIDS or showing that homosexual people are normal people) and, for the big majority of the blog users, it was just to show a part of their lives and share thoughts, just as you do with your own blog.

    Besides, here in France, the blog thing was SOOOOO BIG that all the french musicians used this way to promote their records ! With "Skyblog", which is (in France) the most-known website to create a blog, the artists did the promotion of their records, and eeeeevery singer has his blog and the link was like "http://NAMEOFTHEARTIST-officiel.skyblog.com/" (for example : "http://anetteolzon-officiel.skyblog.com/" or "http://nightwish-officiel.skyblog.com/"). The only difference with your current blog was that it was not the artists that wrote their stories, but their managements that just showed some promotional pictures and told about the release dates of the CDs. So, it was not as personal as your blog is and those blogs were online for some months, just to promote the records, and then, they were abandonned.

    From now on, the blogs are still important in France, but they are a little less popular now with the apparition of Facebook, Twitter, ...

    Hmmm... Talking about that, I have a question for you : is it your choice to not have a Facebook or Twitter ?

    To conclude and to answer briefly : the blogs are BIG THINGS here too, probably as big as in Sweden ! =)

    I hope you understood what I meant here, because I didn't practice my english since I graduated in june, so I guess my text is a bit difficult to understand...

    So... Please continue to write as usual, it's a pleasure to read your posts ! =)

    Hugs from France,

    Karim.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Kul att klottra tycker jag, men man kan ju ibland undra vem man skriver för?
    För det är nog aldrig någon som läser, men man skriver som en dåre ändå.. hahaha..
    "Kanske" är lite annorlunda för dig.. ;-)
    Här är iaf mitt krypin: http://fefanfefan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  68. First off - LOL to 'Yotapong's comment - I like the creativity :-)
    Blog report (the second, apparently) from Canada - most people I know DON'T have their own blog (well not really - some will start them but never really make much of it, as you have) but know what they are and maybe follow one or two (such as a good cooking one , or one of an awesome musician they admire ...) I think lots of people just do 'notes' on facebook (I presume you know what those are?) whenever they have something they feel is truly blog-worthy, because then at least some of their friends will be sure to read it.
    Third - I read about the situation with the old man and his 40-year-old son. I simply CAN'T imagine the pain of having to make such a decision about your SON - I'm only 16, and don't have a kid of my own, but I know what it's like to love one child so incredibly much that the importance of everything else in the world fades in comparison. Her name's Athena and I've known her for 3 and a half years, and I would do anything for that girl! :-) She's adorable, smart, and downright hilarious. So I hope that you will tell the older man that someone in Canada is caring for him and his son, and I will put them in my prayers tonight and as it comes to mind :-)
    Sweet dreams (don't know if it's late over there, but I'm going to bed)
    - Suzy C. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hey Anette,

    Well, from as far as I know, blogs are pretty much everywhere.
    As for in Greece, there are many people who have blogs. But I haven't seen people creating a blog just to have one. The people I know that have a blog, update it very often and keep it fresh.

    Hope I made sense! =P

    Take care, Nettie,
    Dimitris

    ReplyDelete
  70. Dear Anette,
    Well people in Romania((between ages 12-18)from what I know uually have a blog and keep it update,it's a new trend I guess :)I have a blog aswell,but I don't really write on it,as i preffer posting comments on yours,hehe:)

    Love,
    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hi My dear Anette!

    How are you?

    Yes, I Live in France and I have a Blog: http://isa-nightwish.blogspot.com/
    I speak English!

    Love

    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  72. Hello Anette!

    I don't blog. I used to have Livejournal but I stopped updating it ages ago.

    Here in Poland, quite a lot of people have blog. Teenagers mostly. I think that many parents don't have time to talk to their kids and often it's hard to tell everything even to your friends so they use blogs as an emotional reliever, which I can totally relate to.

    A very common practice in Poland are blog of well-known people. Singers, actors even politician have blogs to post various thoughts about many things. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It really depends on the person and what they write there.

    I hate bashing and insulting other well-known people or even normal folks because of this and that. It's simply rude and inaproppriate.

    I prefer to read blogs! Many people in Poland to that as well :D

    Love,
    Karo E.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hejssan ;=)

    I was in a little accident and went to the hospital so that's why I had some time away from your blog. But now everything is okay and I'm here again!

    I know what do you mean, I think here in Finland personal blogs are kinda popular too. Especially the fashion blogs you know, I've read few of them. I've also seen blogs where people are showing their crafts, drawings or poems.

    I have also had my own blog few years ago but then I deleted it. It just wasn't "my thing" and I prefer reading more than writing. ;=)

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  74. Hello,
    finally I also made to your blog :D

    Well I also just can agree with the previous comments, I originally come from GER and also there they are a huge trend and well here in FIN as well ;) I also had kind of a travel diary but after two years of writing I became kind of lazy :D

    take care and many many greets from Tampere
    Melsku

    ReplyDelete
  75. There are a lot of blogs all over the world :) in France, everyone (or almost) has !! It is fashion, I suppose ;-) the most visited here is Skyblog (from Skyrock, a radio which diffuse rap, RnB,... the most listened music in France =/).

    ReplyDelete
  76. yeah most of my friends have one. especially the ones who have something to rant about, which includes me. haha!

    some have blogs to keep an update of their life for themselves.
    but for most, we just always have something to get out of ourselves =)

    cheers from Singapore!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  77. Hey
    Yeah, blogs are everywhere! Here in Czech Republic it's very popular too. I have one (although i haven't posted there several months.. ) plus one that I use just as an archive, there are some design for these blogs that I have created. My friends have even two or three blogs, each for something different - for example my friend Anna has one blog about Nightwish, one that she uses as a diary and one where she posts quite about everything, from the music she writes to the dreams she has.

    ReplyDelete