Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Home from Gothenburg

Hi all!

So, I am back home from the P3 Gold gala and I am tired;=) Its been long days with rehearsals and then more rehearsals and lots of new people to meet. The gala was fun and it was of course more about Sweden and our big radio channel who gave away different prices to artists who the listeners had chosen.

I performed together with the great boys of Mustasch and we were asked to do a personal medley of the 5 nominated songs who could win "best song of the year". It was very different songs and we decided to make it rocky and in our way, that is rocky;=)
It was crazy and it was fun and I am sure some you tube videos will be up eventually;=)

57 comments:

  1. Hej Anette, nice to see you're back (it gave me my first smile of the day). :)
    I hope there will be some videos of the show, it seems that it was fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Anette =)

    I'm glad you're back =)
    The song "Dance With Somebody" was awesome! Very good! It sounds really rocky <3
    I just love your voice.

    This is the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUOw99Y2qyo

    Hope you had a wonderful day =)
    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anette! I've already seen one video of the performance and I have to say you were amazing as always! =) And I particularly like the ending you made for the song, your voice rocked ;) hehe kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your performance on Youtube, it was incredible! It is so awesome to hear how much your voice has progressed since I heard you in Copenhagen in 2007 - you are truly gifted, Anette!

    I can't wait for your "Enya with guitars"-album and in the future the new Nightwish album. I cannot wait!

    Hope you're safe home :)

    Love, Mads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I just saw it, fu**ing good !! I also love the end of the medley like others!
    It's good to hearing you singing, I miss it so much :(.
    I'm eager to hear your album, really ! Above all if it's rocky like that!

    Have a nice evening,
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw the video, it's great to see you doing different things like that :D

    Loved your voice! Amazing.

    Best wishes, Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Nettan ^^
    it was cool, I just watched it!))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Anette :)

    Im happy to hear again from you :)
    Wonderful that you had a nice time ;)

    Great Mustasch! I like them very much. I love "Ratsafari"! its a awesome record :)

    Well then, dear anette :)
    Take a rest and have a nice evening
    hope you feel fine
    huuuugs
    with
    LOVE AND RESPECT
    Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nettan =)
    I heard the performance and I LOVED IT! You were awesome , real hard rock (which I love)
    But for me , you sing much better than him . I do not want from him to get angry , but for me , you were , and you will always be better than him.

    Hugs

    Ena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Anette, looking forward to seeing some videos!

    Just thought I'd show you this on my blog: http://mistylavrangue.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-tattoo.html

    I got it yesterday, and as you helped inspire it, I'd love it if you'd have a look!
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, welcome home Anette. :)
    Your performance was truly awesome! You rock, it was great to see you singing and that made me want listen to you singing more and more. I can't wait for your solo album, a future NW album and future performances. I just love you, you are absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hej Anette, saw the program yesterday and you sang great! And I love Mustasch, they are awesome! Sorry dear, have to say though that I really miss your dark hair from the beginning of NW, it was so beautiful for you, can´t get used to that blond:/ Just my opinion:)Lots of love and hugs!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anette, i'm worried for you because you didn't posted anymore. Welcome back here... i was waiting for you! :D How are you? I'm hope fine. I want to watch your performance! Have a nice evening dear Anette! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi A - Great to hear it went so well ! Welcome back .

    Metal From Finland have posted an Audio link

    Metal From Finland NEWS: NIGHTWISH Singer Performs With MUSTASCH At 'P3 Guld' Awards; Audio Available http://bit.ly/7isW3C

    When I first read it I thought it said Nightwish singer performs with a 'moustache' LOL - How bizarre would that be ?? Definitely not a good look ....

    Inspired by your good self I have started a Blog !! I will send the link when a little more is added... A work in progress ..

    Take Care and warm wishes as usual - Peter x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grymt-kul att de valde dig. Kände faktiskt inte igen dig först. Men grymt var det. men hur känns de låååånga lösögronfransarna?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!

    I found the entire show which is 1h 28minutes (01:28:07) long at SVT's homesite:

    http://svtplay.se/v/1854167/p3_guldgalan_2010

    Anette goes on stage at 00:36:21

    The other site that was linked to youtube only had sound no video.

    God job Anette! I really liked your hair and outfit. I have the same lashes as you have from Make-Up store. They are so cool.

    Have a great evening.

    /Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great performance Nettie.
    One of my dreams is to play with you some day :D

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have translated the interview you did with P3.

    youtube.com/watch?v=iOzzHyBRMfQ

    LOVED your hair and eyelashes.
    Love Eilenna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh you just keep on getting better and better! I liked your voice in 2007 but it's incredible how much you've progressed! -applauds-
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello again Anette.

    I also found a great youtube vid, when you were interviewed for the P3 Guldgala on the phone. AND there are english subtitles.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOzzHyBRMfQ

    Once again, You did a great job!
    have a great evening.

    /Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Anette!
    Great that everything went so well, I'm sure it was a great performance :=)
    I like Mustasch, very cool!!
    Hugs & Love,
    yours, Kim-Noêmia

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUOw99Y2qyo

    Very nice Anette! Like always :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ Emeline: thanks a lot for the link. :) I'll watch it tomorrow, Bones will be starting in a few minutes and i don't want to miss the episode...

    Anette, i have to say a big thank you for this place. I have a hard time at home (still livving with my mother for many reasons, and everydays she make me feel like i'm a burden for her), and minus my music there's not a lot of things that made me happy. But i feel good here, it's like sharing a nice room with lovely persons. I've never feel unwelcome (quite the contrary! i still couldn't believe you replied so fast with my request for your recipe), and for me it's priceless. With the company of everyone here, i feel good - and i'm usually a very shy person.... I couldn't say more because i feel very moved at the moment. But please know that i really love your blog and your posts. Thank you for giving us a beautiful place were we could all meet.
    And to everyone here, thank you for being here and let me stay with you.

    @ Anette. Last but not least... I've received my DPP cd past friday, started to listen to it the day after - and so far right now i'm on my 8th listening, and the more i listen to the songs, the more i love them and the more i love your voice. It grow so much in me that yesterday afternoon, while shopping for my groceries, i've found myself humming your verses in "Bye bye beautiful"...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Anette, and sorry for such a long silence from me (I guess you didn't notice:-D)

    Oh God, I have to say a few things:-D
    First, I totally LOVE your hair in this performance.
    Second, what a lashes!:-D
    Third, you get better each time singing live, really! This was simply awesome, and it was really refreshing and nice, to hear you sing something different and Nightwish for once:) (I am NOT saying, that I don't like you in Nightwish:))
    And finally, I am so mad about your upcoming solo album! It will be very great, I believe.

    Keep up the good work and don't forget to rest a lot between;)

    Sending lots of support and hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. To Jess : are you the girl who were next to me at the Hartwall, on the first row? I'm french and we talk a bit before the show and you were looking for your friend. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice! I liked your performance, especially that ''scream'' part, where you sounded sort of harsh(in a good voice). Such a rock voice, now I listen to those few seconds again and again ^^

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hii Anette =)

    XD, I'm such a douche, I completely forgot that you had that appearance so I was kinda worried that you weren't posting for so long ;p.
    I hope all went well and i'll check some videos as soon as my sound is working again...

    Btw, tomorrow afternoon my school is holding a benefit to raise money for the people in Haïti!
    I'm really glad that in this way we (the students) can still be a part of the help.

    Anyways, I wish you a nice evening =)
    Lots of love, Lisa <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. @ Peter A


    "When I first read it I thought it said Nightwish singer performs with a 'moustache' LOL - How bizarre would that be ?? Definitely not a good look ...."


    XD, you just made my day with that comment

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ohhh, I'm sure it was a blast!;=)
    I can't wait to see the videos, I'll have
    to keep checking. But I'm sure
    you were amazing! What did you end up wearing?
    You said you would tell us, but with being
    busy it's understandable that you forgot;=)

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Anette,

    Welcome back indeed!!!!

    I watched your performance on youtube * WOW you really hit some high notes * towards the end of the song, you reminded me of Ann Wilson your vocals were bloody brilliant & live too....btw you look gorgeous cool eyelashes too

    your sooooo cool

    Kisses
    Kelly
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ohh, found a video!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUOw99Y2qyo

    I didn't know if you'd want to link
    it on your blog for everyone to see?

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sorry for a third comment but I didn't
    know if you also wanted to post
    about the interview you did?
    Because I found the video for that too-

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOzzHyBRMfQ&feature=related

    I'll stop bothering you now! Haha;=)

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've just watched your perfomance on youtube :-)
    Such a great song! It is still not going out of my head.
    And your make-up. It's really amazing! And these eyelashes are so cool and they suit you very much. By the way, are these eyelashes the same one as you bought a couple of months ago before in Stockholm before the Dome show? I remember I liked them very much ;-) They are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Heyy! Welcome back Nettan!
    We missed you!
    I just saw the video on YT, you and Mustasch were both great!
    And the ending...You speaking swedish,it was kinda funny(Please don't get me wrong! It's just a new language for me ;=)! You know, it was the first time I saw you speaking in your mother tongue.
    Oh, and of course, you were beautiful! Can't wait ultil your solo album is complete, I miss your voice soooo much =(
    Kisses and Hugs
    Lívia

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anette I Freakin Love You xxx I have a beautiful photo of you on my desk top xxx

    Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Anette!
    Oh God, you in this gala was so good. I cant stop listen to your version ( and Mustasch, of course :) ) 'Dance with somebody'. In my opinion that was the best. No, dont think I like just that. All songs with your voice is the best and I am not thinking just about this gala. ;) I must to say it, you looked beautiful. :D
    I cant wait your solo album! Okey, I love all with your voice, but I'm very curious your new songs. And maybe in this time I can buy new Nightwish album? I hope so!
    1001 hugs. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow great rock'n'roll performance ! We have a video with the sound on YouTube, hope there'll be soon the image !

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello Anette!
    Just like I said in my previous comment, you and the guys from Mustasch's approach on those songs was wonderful, really refreshing and those F's you hit at the end of the song were unbelievable. It also gave me the opportunity to discover the Mustasch band which I hadn't heard about before, and I really like them. I also think it was a great idea to take the nominees' songs in order to do a medley containing them all. Fair-play. :D

    My main reason to post this comment, though, is to support Breton Girl. I don't know what you're going through, my dear, but I'm glad this blog is helping you have a nice time and hope the problems with your mom sort out. Happily, I have never ever felt like I was a burden for my mom, I've always gotten along with her, so I can't really imagine how you feel, but I surely hope it's not for real, but just an impression of yours. Mothers really do care about their children, and maybe she's just being overprotective with you or too harsh because she's worried for you. Anyway, it's good to have you and everyone else here, reading and commenting on the blog, our common passions and tastes etc. It's like some sort of big family whos members don't interact THAT often, but still have lots of things in common.
    Have a great day, all of you and Anette too, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anette congratulations for this beautiful performance, is absolutely amazing...I really like your look, for me the black rules ; )the song that win remember me to Franz Ferdinand (L)is cool, haha.
    Well hugs for you ;D

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi dear Anette

    Good come back!

    I remake the French forum of you here=>tp://anetteolzon.forumactif.com

    Love
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  41. I see the video on youtube and you seems to be very happy in there =)
    I'm glad to see this, for sure is a great moment to your carrer. You fought for this all of your life, and finally you receive the deserved recognition for your talent, and this is great, right =D
    I hope that you continue to be this amazing artist, full of talent and happyness =)

    Have a amazing night my dear singer, dream with the angels =)
    Hugs and best wishes from Brazil =)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Anette, you look fantastic in this video of P3 Guld : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUOw99Y2qyo

    That's it!!

    Miriam xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello Anette!
    This is my first comment on your blog, I did not see it before. I am very glad to read the things that you write here!
    I am Brazilian. I live in the South of the country, in a city called Rio Grande, which is very cold, but now we are in the summer, and it has been very hot!
    Well, I would like to tell you that I really admire you and your character. And of course, your talent, and how you have progressed running after your dreams.
    I have a blog too, but it is in Portuguese, and I don't know if you can understand my language! I would like so much to talk to you, but of course I am dreaming! Anyway, my email is emelinepg@gmail.com, because like you, I think that dreams are possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. i LOVE your candyfloss hair!! it looks so awesome :D and your voice sounds amazing with that hard rocky edge, so cool. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Well done! I loved the end of the performance when you did the rendition of 'Dance with Somebody' - the way you sang it just made me shiver with anticipation for both your new album and the upcoming new Nightwish one! Your voice is spectacular ;-)
    Good night for now,
    Suzie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hey Anette,

    happy to hear from you again! :)
    Ah a medley of the winner songs- for this it was a secret. I am already curious to find it in YT.
    Great that you're back :) I already missed your blogs.
    greez,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  47. Just watched the footage from the gala and it is truly fantastic! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  48. The songs weren't my cup of tea, but you sang it amazingly :P

    I have to agree with Ever; I'm missing you're dark hair look. You fit more into the metal scene with dark hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Jag såg det ;=) blev så glad då du steg in, låten var rätt okej också (de va ju faktist inte NW ;)) o du rocka på som vanligt!
    Och de va väldigt roligt att höra dig prata svenska igen =P man är så van att höra dig prata engelska numera me tanke på att du är i andra länder....mysig röst!
    Jag gick direkt efter du pratat klart i micen, no more for me to see!

    kram!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Here are some photos
    http://www.sr.se/p3/bildspel/p3guld10_gala/_MG_2487.jpg
    http://www.sr.se/Diverse/AppData/isidor/images/News_images/3636/881150_366_244.jpg

    And here you can listen to the audio
    http://www.sr.se/sida/gruppsida.aspx?programid=3636&grupp=9950

    ReplyDelete
  51. @ Elmas. Thank you so much hun. I don't know what to say, you really touched me... For the troubles with my mother, it's sadly quite old. It started when i was about 3: i've been scalped and very close to death, and something happened between the two of us in the hospital. Things changes after this, and not only with my mother - my life is shitty since this time. To give you an idea, my total time of happy moments past year is about 2 weeks - for the whole year. For the worse times, there's too much to say. Maybe the worst was the loss of my best friend, who died of cancer past june - he was about 47... I wouldn't tell much, partly because it's hard to tell and partly because it's triggering. The few people who know about my story are almost always in tears....

    @ Cristian: thanks a lot :)

    @ Linn: thanks a lot for the audio :)

    @ Anette: Again, thank you for your kindness. You'll never know how grateful i am for this place... *HUGS*
    This morning, ive been listening to the Tavastia 2007 concert. I couldn’t believe the way you sung Sleeping sun!!! You made the song so beautiful....... The whole show was just GREAT.

    Oh, and please everyone, call me Steff :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Anette!
    I just heard your performance with Mustasch, and wow, it sounds really cool! I especially like the end, "Dance with somebody", you sound really really rockish there, that's really awesome. :)
    Have a nice day!

    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  53. I forgot that you were in Gothenburg. I visited here many times and I was thinking that now Anette is in somewhere since she hasn't written this blog now for couple of days :D
    I just saw your performance with Mustasch (thank you Youtube! ;D) and it was so weird (in a good way of course) to see you with "another band". I gotta say that you had your hair very very beautifully. You have so great voice. I can't listen your singing too much!
    By the way, does the singing/performing feel now different since you are singing and performing as an individual Anette Olzon?

    ReplyDelete
  54. @Breton Girl: I'm so sorry to hear about that and your friend, Steff. I know this is easier said than done, but I think you always have too look on the bright side of things. Like, about that terrible accident that came to you when you were 3, you have to be grateful you are still alive and you need to believe everything's going for the better. There's a documentary, "The Secret", which I highly recommend do everyone, which says that there is a universal rule of "question-answer". If you send a certain vibe around you, if you spread a certain type of energy, you shall get the same back, just more powerfully. So it's important to always try and cheer yourself up and keep saying to yourself that tomorrow's gonna be better. I really really wish you the best. :)

    So sorry for "spamming" your blog entry, Anette. :D I just had to answer and, for one reason or another, I can't seem to be able to redirect my reply directly to the commenter.

    ReplyDelete
  55. @ Anette: sorry for taking place, hope you wouldn't mind if i'd reply to Elmas again...

    @ Elmas: thanks again for your kindness. Unfortunately, the thing that happened when i was 3 was one of many things happened in my life. The other things are too private to be told here, sadly but if you email me ( stephanie.deceneux@free.fr ) i could tell you more - but i must warn you it's triggering. The death of my best friend was only one of the deaths around me past year. I also lost my aunt (one of the few person in my family who didn't think i'm a freak), my father (he was a bastard, and it brings back many bad memories), both in the time when i had my gallbladder removed. And at the end of past year, it was the oldest member of my family, a cousin of my maternal grandmother, who passed away. Although you could say it was great to live until 101 (yes, you read right), it's an important part of family memory that left...

    Anette, sorry again, you're so nice... :) *blush*

    Steff

    ReplyDelete
  56. hej!

    i have to say that i'd never been any kind of fan of nightwish, when tarja was in the band it sounded too opera for my ears.

    i knew that tarja wasnt in the band anymore and you were there but i just didnt consider it more then that...

    when i heard the 1st time from the radio couple months ago ur song october&april with lauri, i was like "who are these people, so hecking great song!" and when the radio hust reported the singers my chin dropped to the floor, "nightwish anette & lauri?? really?? nooo!!":~D

    next i saw Ne Salmiset from TV and ur live voice was so awesome that i wanted to listen more of you and i have to admit, now im stucked to NW!! im finnish and even still im so proud of ur being the "new" singer of nightwis!

    joyful weekend!8~)

    med hälsning
    emmi

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hej Anette!
    Jag tyckte ni gjorde ett toppen uppträdande på galan!
    Coola lösögonfransar du hade!
    Ha det bra Mvh // Sofie

    ReplyDelete