
(Todays outfit: leggings Acne, tee Hunky Dory, cardigan Top Shop, belt Top Shop, skirt H&M)
Back home after having visited my dear mum and husband. Had coffee, some home baked cakes and just talking. Always so nice. Whenever I go to mum´s house I feel "safe" and relaxed. That old feeling of living there for my childhood and teenage years always is there when visiting. I like that feeling and I wonder if you also feel the same when coming home to your parents? Let me know;=)
Now we are preparing food and today it will be a whole roastbeef steak that is firstly cut out to a thin big meat carpet, then filled with rosemary, garlic and cream cheese. Then rolled together like a "sausage" and binded with a little thin cotton thread to keep it together. Then fry it in butter in the pan on all sides to get the colour on it before putting it in the oven. We use warm-heat oven and then appr 180 degrees for about 1 hour.
To this we will eat mashed potatoes and vegetables. Yummie;=)


And here is that photo of my new Hello Kitty sweater I bought a couple of days ago in H&M;=) Love it!
Oh I am starving! That food looks and sounds wonderful! I always have the same feeling when going home. I feel like I'm taken care of. One day when I have kids, I hope I can give them the same warmth and security. It must be great to know you have done that for your own son. Gorgeous outfits as always, and the Hello Kitty sweater is so cute!
ReplyDeleteLove, Desi from Missouri, USA
You look so GORGEOUS Nettan!
ReplyDeleteI also love your Hello Kitty sweater. Lovely =)
And thank you for the recipe =)
Good to hear you had a beautiful day!
Much Of Love, Hugs <3
yum! sounds great! Love that jumper!!
ReplyDeleteI still live at home , but I love coming home to a nice cooked roast :)
Have a nice evening
Amy
Love the kitty sweater! I might get myself one too. H&M is my fave clothes shop.
ReplyDeleteI used to get that feeling too when I lived away from home, but now I'm back living with my mum so I see her every day. It's the house I grew up in too, and there are so many memories - good and bad.
Enjoy your meal!
Hi Anette!
ReplyDeleteHow are you?
Yummie, the food looks delicious =D. Talking about food ... now, I'm hungry hehe.
You look gorgeous on both pics! Oh I have a sweater just like yours! =D My mum bought it for me two days ago =D.
I still live with my Parents so ... at the moment I can't imagine myself out of here (but it will happen one day, I'm sure).
Nice to know you had a nice day =).
Lots of big hugs,
Barbara
Dear Anette
ReplyDeleteYou look rly good (as usual)! And your hello kitty looks rly cute.
I have a question for you though. Is the roastbeef you cooked a swedish dish? Cause when you ask me if you slice away all that meat on the inside, isn't that a kind of waste? Hope to get an answer:).
Love D
You look adorable Nettie, that sweater is adorable!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recipe =)
Everytime I look at new recipes , I get hungry XD
Hugs
Ena
Hello Anette!
ReplyDeleteYou look so lovely in this sweater!
I also like leggins from 1st photo :)
Have a nice evening
Many hugs
Alicja
Anette, i still live with my parents and i'm always fell better when i come back at home.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice dinner and evening! Big hugs
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteI feel great when I go see the parents because they are always there for me and I think they would expect me to see them a whole lot also. Since I've always been the wild one, they relate to me a lot more than ever. BTW, the sweater looks really cute on you. Also, nice big rump roast you got there, looks like dinner's gonna be good. You definitely need to try Spanish food. You know, some rice, beans, steak sauteed in onions,garlic and olive oil. HMHMHMHMMMMMM!!!!!!! Have a great day "chica rockera"!!!!
luv Fernando
Hello!
ReplyDeleteI'm still at home, but feels great to come home after a loong day out!!
Nice sweater!!
:D
Here is one pic for you
ReplyDeletehttp://i48.tinypic.com/iggndw.jpg
Hugs
Ena
Yummy! you got enough food for one more! LoL <3 u
ReplyDeleteThe sweater looks very cute ! ♥
ReplyDeleteNettan I LOVE YOU. ♥
ReplyDeleteSweetest girl ever ;=)
Hey Anette!
ReplyDeleteNice outfit!! :=)
Well, my parents seperated when I was very young and moved to different places. First I lived with my mum and her new husband but then I moved to my father and his new wife, because I had many, many big problems with her new husband. My mum lives 400km away from me.
My Grandma lives in the street where we lived when we were still a family, my parents, my sister, my brother and me. It's always a bit sad, when I visit her, 'cause I didn't want to go away from there, this place was so important to me, but I just had to.
Well...long ago...
I have a little question; you gave us this two addresses to where we can send letters or gifts to you or the boys... Can I send anything there all the time, whenever I want and do you all really get all the letters?! (It's not that I don't trust Ewo and KingFoo... ;=))
Hugs & Love,
yours, Kim-Noêmia
Låter som en härlig middag verkligen! Angående att komma hem så vet jag inte riktigt för jag bor fortfarande hemma, men jag har varit borta ett tag ibland efter att ha rest och då finns det inget bättre än att komma hem till sin egen säng och träffa sin familj :)
ReplyDeleteOch åh, älskade din tröja! Jättesöt. Hello Kitty är bara underbart ;)
About "home" and this feeling.. I moved last autumn for my own and lived with parents before it. So I think I have little bit different situation than you ;) But.. When I came back "home" first time after moved by myself, it was really strange. I had got used to live myself and liked it. So it was strange to be home again.. (I still speak that it´s home :))
ReplyDeleteI said I liked to live myself, but after few months I didn´t liked it anymore and didn´t feel that this place is home. Then it always was nice to go HOME (that place with parents)! Now it´s already easier to live where I live, but still always when I go my childhood home, it´s that same feeling than you feel. Even if I live other place, still I feel I come home, when I go that childhood home. I like to be there and I too feel that my childhood-city is my hometown :)
AND always when I go to my "real" home, I think I´m who I am and don´t need to be anything other. I don´t know why is this, because when I´m in that other home, where I live nowadays, I don´t feel that I would be anything more than myself. But that I feel :O
Maybe I´m still not get used to live by myself.. I don´t know. But it´s always nice to go home and feel that lovely feeling what you said :) <3
Hy!
ReplyDeleteThis a good question ...hehe...There is some big party always if I go to my grandma. Much divine nosh, and much divine Hungarian wine and home-made pálinka ;). My family like that than a "big Italian" family. We are many people and loud and with many children. We like eating and drinking. ;)
Some pictures from Christmas...
My Mom and in the red t-shirt he's my father, and my uncel
http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy216/Linuska_s_album/a.jpg
My dear Grammy and my step sister Katica and her sister Patricia (big girl).
http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy216/Linuska_s_album/b.jpg
the boys.. :)
http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy216/Linuska_s_album/c.jpg
my auntie and my cousin
http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy216/Linuska_s_album/e.jpg
Linus :)
That sweater is adorable and perfect for a cold winter's day, I think. Not only does it look really warm and cozy, but I think it also lightens up the spirits a bit in these gloomy and grey days.
ReplyDeleteAnd that steak looks really promising.
Enjoy your meal and sleep well!
Oh, that's a cool Helllo Kitty sweater :)
ReplyDeleteYou look good!
I still live at home with my mom, but no doubt I feel better here than anywhere else. Sometimes young people, friends, say that can't wait to marry and live at their own house, I have this thought too sometimes, but I think when they grouw up, they'd change this point of view.
I don't know if this is good because people become independent or bad because they should leave the childhood home to live a new way of life.
It's a bit hard to understand.
Have a great evening. Many hugs :)
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteI know this home-home feeling! This is the way I call my parent's home. My other "normal" home is my own one where I live with my BF. I still feel very protected there in my parent's house, it's my protected area when I need to "lick my wounds" from life. Everything seems a bit warmer there, and problems look tiny. After a weekend of refilling my batteries, it's still very hard to leave again althoug I moved out 6 ears ago. I live 2 driving hours away from my parents and "come home" every 3rd or 4th weekend if possible.
Have a great evening,
xx Kat
hey anette ! very nice pictures , in the first one you look like marilyn monroe , i like the color of your hair , i hope you are wright , i'm waiting for your album and "the heart ask pleasure first" did you now yet if tuomas want to put thit song on the next album ? or he want to do a single with this wonderfull song ? it was a great surprise in hartwall when i listen this song , thanks !!
ReplyDeletekisses from france , anette je t'aiiiiime ! i miss you !!
the sweater is cute,and suits you!
ReplyDeleteYay.. Hello Kitty is so cool.
ReplyDeleteI have own version of hello kitty... It's called "Hello Kitee" and there is Tuomas' face. You know that we - fans are a litte bit crazy ;)
About home. I lived almost 4 years without my parents. I allways feel so good when I comming home. There I can really relax. And sleeping there is so nice... Always long and safe... :)
I will go home on this weekend and I can't wait.
But I must say something sad.. My cat is sick.. My little Princes has a cancer. :( She was operated in last week. And I'm waiting for results now.... I'm so sad and I'm so afraid about her.
It's so unfair that our little friends are ill. :(
If you can, please pray for my little Princes.
Take care.
Hugs from snowy Poland!
Paulina
Oh my sweet God, what is this?! I'm talking about this, what You, Nettie, have got on your head, because I cannot name it hair... I think you would be in near future completely bald if you don't stop changing your hair in this tempo.
ReplyDeleteBut I think that sweater with Hello Kitty is cute...
Unfortunately I cannot say the same about your first clothes....
Hii Anette =)
ReplyDeleteWell, since i am only 16 i still live at home.
But I do have that home feeling whenever we visit my dear grandmother in our old hometown.
Whenever I am there I always think back to when I was little, playing in the backyard with my big sister, I don't have contact with her anymore so it is nice to be able to get back that feeling there =).
You look really cute today!
And OMG, I asked you a few days ago when you told us about the sweater if it was the grey one with the red bow, cause I have the exact same one!!!
That's completely awesome that I have the same sweater as you ^^.
It looks great on you btw, mine is a little too big for me ;p.
Have a nice evening =)
Lots of love, Lisa <3
Dennis: Hi, we didnt waste anything, you cut it open several times to get it flat, just like unwrapping a package;=)
ReplyDeleteSoulfood music: Send it to my management, Hagenburg, not King Foo. Then I will get it;=)
Paulina: I am so so sorry to hear about your cat;=( I really know how you feel and I will for sure pray for you and the kitty tonight. Lots of comforting hugs!
Hi Dear Anette....
ReplyDeleteI still live at home with my parents but I feel the same when I go visit my grandparents
.and it is true that you say "That old feeling of living there for my childhood and teenage years always is there when visiting."
and that feeling is nice and strange at once
because you remember everything that lived there and because the time could not erase that feeling =)
and the Hello Kitty sweater is so cute!
I love it!
and you look very nice with the Hello Kitty sweater =)
hugs and gratings from mexico...
BettY
Well, I'm 17 and so of course I still
ReplyDeletelive with my mum and step-dad.
But I feel the way you described whenever
I visit my real dad and step-mum in Texas.
My step-mum is Chinese, so she's really
"family-orientated" and that's nice.
I feel like that when I visit my grandma's
too, or my aunt's. Because they helped my mum
raise me after my parents divorced.
Youi look very beautiful in BOTH of those
pictures and I like your outfit.
Actually- I really really like your
Hello Kitty sweater! Haha;=) And in that
picture- how you pulled up your hair-
I really like.
I'm not a fan of roast beef, but with
cream cheese, that really sounds good!
So I would totally eat it.
Hugs and love, Katie T.
Hi, Anette
ReplyDeleteHow are you?
That food looks very tasty ^^
Thank you for sharing the recipe ^^
You looks wonderful
And wow! I have the same Hello Kitty sweater than you! =D
Sleep well
Kisses and hugs
Ana
hej-hej!
ReplyDeletethanks for the recipe, i'm gonna cook it! since we didn't have meat this week, it would be a nice thing to have!
since i left my parent's more than two years ago, i'm still happy and glad to live for my own with my boyfriend. i'm always happy to visit them, but sometimes i don't feel comfortable, because my mum wants me to come back, my sisters are so demanding, etc. that's not easy.
have a nice day tomorrow!
I love your leggings!! And the sweater is really cute hehe =D
ReplyDeleteHello Anette!
ReplyDeleteOh yes... I was for 10 days in my parents home and i felt so peaceful and also I know that if something would happen I'll be protected.
I love Hello Kitty sweater!
Good night and kisses.
Fani
gotta love H&M it has impressed me everytime im there.(that food looks so good and sounds so good i would love it, planning for any visitors for dinner maybe, me)have a good day
ReplyDeleteHello Ane!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your new t-shirt
but i dont like Hello Kittie
I prefer Pucca..
do you know?
so funny and beauty too ^_^
Well.. you felt good.. that's all!!
Nice day
Kisses and hugs from brazil
Pói
Hi Annette =)
ReplyDeletethat roast beef looks rather interesting...lol but i'm sure it tastes very yummy...i'm more of an outdoor grilling type girl,lol,...about Home....i always get that relaxing feeling there, everytime i go up to their house w/ my daughter on a weekly basis ( i always made sure that my parents see my daughter at least once a week- usually Wednesdays..but thurs tmrw-...unlike my sister..but i wont get into that ..thats a long drawn out situation there) i used to live a 1/2 hr away from them but now since last feb i only live approx 10 min away...like 6 miles ...which i have moved into my grandmothers house ( she passed on over 2 yrs ago) and even this house brings me memories of bein here as a child and playing in this neighborhood, which i have told my daughter some stories here...and this yard..my god...in the late spring ( near end of may) theres these flowers i have no idea what the name of them are but they are beautiful w/ hues range from blueish purple ,violet,carnation pink, and some two toned (lower half lavender purple , upper half pink), and they are breathe taking and at nite u can smell their fragrance and theres also a large patch of spearamint herbs...so u can smell that too in night air...and in the middle of this garden is a 125 yr old fountain( this past summer the top part has collaspe due to weather and no upkeep since my grandmother dies)but the bottom half is still well intact...and god knows what else my grandmother threw in that garden,lol well she was from Ukraine..but i have such a brown thumb ...but this yard, has a green thumb in itself...amazingly...i wished i took pics last year but i dont have a digital cam..only my cell ,lol..but spring isnt too far away...
im gonna cut this short, cuz ill be writing u everything and taking up ur whole page,lol..this only half or 1/4 of my memory-good ones at least =P
take care and have a great day!
"hugs"
hi Annette its me again, those flowers i was telling you about..well i found them on Google.com they are lupines and heres a pic link to them
ReplyDeletehttp://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://marciabonta.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/terra-nova-np-lupines.jpg&imgrefurl=http://marciabonta.wordpress.com/2008/06/01/making-connections/terra-nova-np-lupines/&usg=__6zYg6zr_eGt5YhQH9IVRld8UrgU=&h=844&w=1125&sz=232&hl=en&start=4&sig2=9WBGnbz2ERux2_aXh_FtVw&um=1&tbnid=bwxXG4jYk44iQM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlupines%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENUS362%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=pGZFS7SPJdPR8AaYr4iKAw
just breathetaking =D
Mmm... meat! :) I'm probably suffering from a lack of iron because I've had this huge craving for red meat for weeks already... your recipe sound so delicious I have to try it some day!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean with this "homecoming" feeling when you go visit your parents -- I moved on my own when I was 18 but my parents still live quite close, only an hour by bus, that I visit them pretty often. The house has changed so much though that nowadays I feel a bit like a "visitor" there but the feeling of relaxing and being with your own "pack" is still there. It only makes me a bit sad and worried these days to see how fast my parents, especially my dad, are getting old... :/ They're only 75, that's not so old! -- or actually, that _is_ old but maybe it's some "child" thing that you don't really want to admit it to yourself, you want to keep this memory of them as these strong and safe and capable persons who are always there for you and when you then realize that it's actually the other way around soon, it's _you_ who has to take care of them and be the "strong" one that raises some mixed feelings... I'm gonna be very sad the day when they have to move away from my childhood house and sell it and then it gets teared down... so many memories gone! :( Ah well, hope it's still long till that day...
Hih, that Hello Kitty sweater is super-cute and those leggings are nice too ;) But, aren't you freezing when walking around in leggings in -10 C ? ;) Heheh, I've given up all tries of "looking good" when it gets near -20 C -- thick, quilted winter pants and down coat (that looks like a sleeping bag, LOL) are only clothes proper for that weather... :)
I really love that Hello Kitty jumper - good choice!! :) I know what you mean about feeling safe around your Mum. I still live at home with my parents (very tragic for a 35 year old!) but I just really have a strong bond with my family and love being around them. I hope you enjoyed your dinner - sounds lovely!
ReplyDeleteHey ^^
ReplyDeleteYour outfit looks great! And i must admit ;) i really like your hair, looks awesome :)
Oh yeah, your "hello Kitty" sweater looks cute :) just great^^
Very nice from to share the roast beef recipe, THank You^^ sounds and looks very very goooood :)
To your question:
I can really understand what you mean. Comming home to my mum is always wonderful, it brings back this old comfortable warm feeling of safetiness and lots of memories :)
Ok there is no Dad, but i can get along with that very well. And to see my mum again is always wonderful :)
Hey, dear^^
thank you so much for your interest in our life´s :)
HAve a wonderful time, hope the sun is shining a little bit
huugs
LOVE AND RESPECT
Chris^^
Food=delicious. Sweater:I love it:x!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely know that feeling, Anette! I moved to Canada from the US and I only get to see my parents about once a year, for the Holidays. It's hard being separated from them sometimes, but every time I come home, I get this warm, safe, comforted feeling, and it just feels so nice. They kept my room just as it was when I had left it as a teenager, so everything's so familiar...it brings back all these feelings I had when I was younger. I'm only 23 now, but it's still nice to have these things, you know? :)
ReplyDeleteOf course, it was also nice to be out of the snow and in beautiful, sunny, 15 degree weather! It's not Thailand, but I'll take what I can get! *laughs*
Dear Anette,
ReplyDeletewell I still live with my parents and for me home is the best place to be!
At home I feel safe and relaxed and where I can truly be myself without having to hide my feelings or behave as if I were at school in front of a severe teacher!
I really like your cardigan and the belt and of course the cute Hello Kitty sweater!
Oh I think that dish you cooked is delicious...yummie ...I will recommend it to my grandma, because she is the one who is cooking for us all!
Love,
Herta
I'm glad you had a nice time there. This year I'm not so much at home as I used to be, and you're right, when you're there there's a really safety feeling that surrounds you ^^
ReplyDeleteBy the way, the sweater and the outfit are great, and oh... that roastbeef must be delicious! I'm starting to think that you could study to be a chef someday! =)
I don't live anymore in my childhood home, I moved about 5 months ago into my own place. I still visit to my parent's home during the weekends. Not each weekend but like once a month. Since I have just moved from there I don't so miss my parent's home. But when I am there, I can relax there different way. There I don't have to worry do I have enough cash to buy food since my dear mum does all that. And of course I appreciate her. It's a bit boring also in there since all my stuff is in my own home now. But mum is always happy when I visit ;)
ReplyDelete