Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Negative energy

I am back from the snow storm (yes, its really a storm...brrr...) and I want to talk a little bit about avoiding negative energy and people who give you that energy. As you might remember, I have talked about this a little bit before, when I said that sometimes we need to take away even close friends because they soak our energy out.

Today in the radio they said a thing about people who suceed with what they do and achieve their goals. They take away everything around them that give them negative energy and only surround themselves with things that make them able to grow and be positive when trying to reach their goals. I really do believe this is a major thing to learn from the succesful people. But also, it can be very hard to do it.

Ever since I was a little child I have been sensitive for negativity. If I walk into a room where there is a bad feeling, a tension, I feel unease even if I dont know what has happened before I entered. I also have had big difficulties with having people in my closest that are negative about almost everything. They just complain and cant see anything positive, only the bad things. It soaked me to the point when I felt so bad seeing them I just avoided them. It had me thinking: should I feel bad and continue this friendship or should I seek more positive friends? Or even so, be alone?

So hard decision but after I took the decision to take away the negative energy whenever it occurs, whether its a person, a thing or whatever, my life feels lighter and brighter. Sure, there still are negative energy around me now and then but I try to take it away as soon as I can.
Like my beloved grandfather used to say: Live life easy.

What a great advice;=) And hey, life is good! I want to thank all of you for your sweet comments, for your support, for your interest in my blog and for always telling me things from your life. Trusting me with your problems, your happy days, everything...know that I always read and feel for you all;=)

82 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, sometimes friends and family being negative can bring you down to their level. And then you have to feel guilty if you start trying to advoid them or ignore their negative comments. It's quite awkward.

    I think the only thing people can do is smile and move on. Live Life Easy is very true :P

    Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these words, Anette. And I am a little like you too. Of course, I can't be in a good mood and feel happy all the time, but I can feel when people are negative just because they are and I often feel really bad around people like these.

    Hope you have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost too weird that you chose to talk about this just today.

    A friend of mine has just been hospitalized, and is now back home, but he is unable to take care of himself and his school, he lives alone and he doesn't sleep. He collapsed the other day. I'm so worried about him, and I haven't heard from him since new year's eve. I know these things, because his boyfriend has told me, because he felt I had to know. I've been through worse than what my very good friend is currently going through, and I know that I can help him, but he can't reach out to me. I feel so extremely frustrated, because worrying about him causes me to not sleep at night, and I've often contemplated letting him go, because he is a very confusing guy, he constantly ignores what's best for him, and after I myself dated him, I went into a depression, because it was so difficult to coexist with him, even though I still love him. I just don't know what to do. I contemplate an intervention, me and some of his friends could go to him - he lives on Zealand, I live in Justland - and make him talk, make him release his pain, make him hate us if it would help him even, make him realize he has to hurt before he can heal, make him go get professional help.
    Do you have any advice for me, Anette? Because I'm on the verge of giving up...

    Love Mads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anette :)

    You did it again! What you wrote made me think. and im still thinkin.
    Life is a woonder and we should protect it.

    Anette! You dont have to thank us, Its absolutley clear that we send some wonderful and sweet thoughts to you. cause you are worth every positive thought in the world. There is a unique warm feeling that comes with everything that you do. No matter if you sing ,act on stage, do interviews or write here on your blog.
    We love you and we care for you!
    And you care for us and share your life with us. and so do we :)
    Believe it or not, you are some kind of an angel :)

    and like you feel for us, We too feel for you :)

    I thank you now for sharing so much with us and for all that you give me.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH DEAR ANETTE!
    With Love
    yours Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ih my dear

    You know I LOVE YOU and I creat this forum because I LOVE YOU you'r a great singer and super girls I know!

    Love

    Isabelle
    http://anetteolzon.forumactif.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mads: I really understand your frustration. Its hard to see a friend or close one going down the wrong road and not being able to do anything to make them see that they can turn it around. Not being able to make them see the light, make them want to change. I think there isnt that much to do if he cant see that he needs to make a change and want to change himself. The will to make a change and also understanding we are ill and need help must be there to be able to help him. I think only you can make the decision whether to let him go or fight for him a while longer. But if he has taken all your energy before and making you go into a depression, be careful and dont let him soak that much from you. Keep the distance in your heart and head if you can. You and your well-being is the most important in life. We all need to take care of our own life first. I send helping and strengthening hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you understand me: je vous aime Anette et prenez soin de vous! soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. To my dearest,
    I can relate to that possible scenario when people closest to you seem to want to talk about negativity when your doing good. BE CAREFUL. A WAKE UP CALL around you is sounding off. A rule you must follow, don't let anyone, and I mean anyone, including family members and best friends to steer you away from your dreams, goals and expectations. Because that is what it looks like they are trying to do. It all starts with, O things don't work out like this or why should we deal with something like that kind of stuff. Your grandfather was a wise man to tell you "Live life easy" and you should. No intervention, no interaction with individuals geared to screw up your life because your successful. Play your cards right and you will be on top all the time and they can't say sh$$t about you. You have a wonderful evening Anette.

    Love Fernando

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great advice Anette = be positive. I am very lucky to have a succesful business and a loving family and it has all come about by employing and working with POSITIVE people - there is no room for negativity in my business - if you don't like it here or you don't like me there's the door but don't stay and moan and bring others down with you. You are so right. Hope the snow isn't too heavy - by the way you can see a web cam that we have in the village where I live in South West Scotland.

    http://www.gatehousewebcam.co.uk

    So when your feeling cold in the snow you can check out the weather in Gatehouse of Fleet - you might even catch me walking our 2 Labrador dogs past the clock tower in a morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this post, Anette. I can relate to so much of what you said. I'm sensitive to people and energies around me too and sometimes I just need to be alone to get away from all the negativity.

    Take care,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this, Anette!

    Well, there are sometimes people who really soak all of your energy and most of the time this connections are not made for eternity.
    Especially artists like you have a special feeling for energies that float between people, I think. Very valuable gift- even if it is exhausting now and then.
    Well if I wanted to take all negative energy away from me I had to take myself away from me at the moment... Don't have such a good time right now. But well, usually I am also as positive and optimistic as you are. But I feel by myself now that my negativity is a burden on the shoulder of others. That's why I usually don't seek too many contact to others right now. Well, hope time will change soon.
    I wish you a really good time!!!
    yours,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah Nettie!
    You are so right about your post. We have to live life easy, that's all there is to it.
    Once, when I lived in Rio de Janeiro, I had a friend who was sucking my energy. Every time I talked to her for a while, I felt exhausted afterwards. I truly believe that there are people with this ability,and I try to avoid them, even if that means that I have to stay alone.
    Now that I live in a small city in São Paulo I haven't felt that way anymore, and I'm am completely happy in here, I changed a lot and things keep going better and better for me.
    And, oh Nettan, we all wish you all the best!

    Loves and Hugs from a Brazilian fan.
    Lívia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anette is still me but I'll answer in relation to what I felt while reading your lines, here I am like you if the atmosphere around me is not beautiful I become sad (even in tears ) but I think you know what you done and thank you for your bolg and be as close to your fans with this blog you will know because many people judge you without you knowing and that annoyed me.
    big kiss from France and the pleasure of seeing you on stage with Nightwish.


    I have a question so please Anette say me yes or no for my French forum et website of you to become official ??

    thank good evening
    Love
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anette, Wow I really needed to read something deep & inspirational from you & today especially!!

    I have a doctors appointment for tomorrow for a ECG its just to check my heart murmur & palpatations that have become very random all of a sudden, i have been on my own all day (day off work) I cant wait for my partner to come home & hug me, i cant help it i feel emotional about this because i am only 32 & iam sure everything will be fine but i cant help but worry :(

    So thankyou for your words about having positive energy!

    I feel better for reading your blog its truly amazing the closeness you have created here on this blog i really feel like you are a friend who i have seen, heard read about but never met in person but still you feel like a friend a good one at that!

    Your are so beautiful inside & out!!

    Kisses
    Kelly
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Annette that is excellent advice...we all deal w/ negative people..all they ever do is complain...even at my job ppl are always complaining about somthin like " oh why did this person get this pack or this zone and i get that zone" ( I workin a warehouse where we orderfill items to go to stores)and honestly i hate hearing ppl complain and whine...about anything and everything about anybody and after a length of time that negative attitude does build , and it gets worse then ppl start gettin mouthy w/ one another..and it goes on and on...and honestly the complaining goes no where, they can complain all they want...theyre not gonna get their way..it somtimes gets so rediculous that i dont even want to be there or around anyone...so the only solution to completely ignore all the tension and nonsense and negativity is to listen to my ipod i have a playlist that i listen to all 3 days every wknd,lol yes one of my fave bands is Nightwish along w/ Epica and Trans-Siberian Orchestra..put the vol all the way to full and then i become oblivion to the ppl around me, dont hear them,dont really care if i even see them...i go into my own little world..basically i'm daydreaming while i'm working , its basically the only thing that helps me go through that aweful 12 hrs in that warehouse for 3 days straight..i just basically go there do what i have to do try to make the best of it while i'm there ..i try to go in w/ a somewhat positive attitude but theres always someone that tries to bring u down and its not like i can tell them to bug off..because i cant honestly..ppl turn ppl in for the littlest things there...lol so dumb...like i said my music is my little sanctuary lol, and thats my positive reanforcement for my day ... yes i'm a dreamer and an escapist and thats who i am =D

    ur awesome Annette , luv ya!
    "huggs" Tracy
    ps- plz check out my blog i posted it in my last comment here it is again :
    http://everyminutecounts-tracy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for the reply, Anette, I really appreciate it. And of course you're right. He is important to me, but I do come first, after all. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi dear Nettan =)
    Thanks for these worsd .
    Many people are being pessimistin and they do not look on the bright side of life.
    I think that those people need a comfort of other people, friends and families ;)

    Many many hugs
    Jag älskar dig

    Ena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really think you hit this nail on the head Anette. About a year ago, in April, and during the week of my birthday no less, I had my 'best friends' burn me bad. I had to remove them from my life, even though I cared about them deeply. It wasn't long after I cut them off I noticed a change in my life. I was happier, drama free, and more productive. It still hurts to think about all the amazing times we had together, and I'll never forget them. But you can't have that kind of stuff dragging you down, no matter who it is.

    Instead of complaining about what's going wrong, and what I want and don't have, I wake up everyday thankful for the amazing life I am blessed with.

    I hope you have a great day, and warm up form the cold. *hugs*

    ~Akoro

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tracy: I also find that music can make me last even the hardest and most boring times, so its great that you are able to use that in your work. Work is something we have to do and then its good to do it as nice as we can;=) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anette, this entry by you is perfect timing. I have experienced negative energy today. After having a rough start with someone new I met, I tried to make things better by being nice. Only this person rejected it and is now making me feel guilty for it. After reading this entry I decided to cut this person out of my life and focus on my friends who matter and love me. Thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a nice subject because I've dealt with it the last couple months. There are some people on my work who can say just everything to other people positive and negative. Last weeks I've heard a lot of negative talk about me too (not in my face off course). I've even considered to quit my job (administration). I've been to a person who stand above us and I cried, I couldn't even talk. I've been gone home earlier. I just couldn't say what I want to say. So I thought I could better type it on my pc and give that to him. Now he understood me better. This was last week now I feel a little bit better. I just try to go on. Don't want to influence me with negative energy. I want to learn to let the negative energy flow away.

    Well this was maybe a long story. But I want to try not to let the negative energy go above the positive energy. Maybe I will quit the job some day if this isn't gonna work for me. At least I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kelly Jane: I send strengthening hugs for the doctors appointment. I have also had those heart exams when I was around 30 due to some jumps and tiredness and luckily for me, my heart was just fine. I will keep fingers crossed that your exams are showing that your heart also is strong and vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Anette, my situation with a friends is not really good. Some years ago my group with i went out all the saturday night and sunday unfortunately is not together anymore and this felt me alone and now also feel it. I said to myself that don't care anymore who don't care me. It's only way to not suffer anymore! Don't thank you us... we thank very much to you for all the support you gave and give to us! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hii dear Anette

    It is true what you say, the negative people always leave a nasty effect on us.
    But it isn't always easy to just push them out of your life, i myself am a person who always wants and feels the need to help.
    Wether they're my friends or not, if something is not fair I will say it.
    And that has brought me much trouble before, because by always hearing those things that happened and trying to find out how to help them, you become absorbed in the problem yourself. My mother always says I worry too much, and I agree, but I can't help it.
    There have been people who were very important in my life whom i've had to let go as well.
    It was my father, who after the divorce kept talking dirt about my mother, not only to me but also to all of their old friends and even family. In the end it came to the point where I finally stood up for my mother because I knew it wasn't true, and he hit me in the face 5 times.
    I ran away after that and called my sister to tell her what happened (she lives with him), and she told me i had probably made it up or deserved it.
    To me that was such a shock, to hear my own sister tell me that. She damaged my trust so much that since that day I haven't seen or spoken with her, and it still hurts me but I know it's for the best.
    I don't need people like that in my life to hurt me.
    I am really thankfull though, that I have my friends to support me, and my mother.
    That's more than some of us have...

    Thank you for your words!
    Lots of love, Lisa <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hmmm ja, det här är också något som jag kan relatera till. Jag och fem andra tjejer hade varit kompisar i närmare fem år och vi hade det jättekul, även om vi bråkade mycket och ofta kallade varandra idiot och såna grejer, men vi visste att det var på skoj.
    Men sen var det en traumatiserande sak som hände mig när jag var tolv som påverkade mig både hur jag betedde mig och tänkte på livet.
    Jag blev tillbakadragen och pratade inte så mycket med någon, men då så tänkte jag att kanske mina vänner kunde vara där som ett stöd. Men jag hade fel...
    Och ännu idag så vet jag inte vad som gjorde att jag fortsatte att vara deras "vän", kanske var jag för rädd för att säga ifrån eller så kändes det tryggt att tillhöra en grupp.

    Och nu när jag är sjutton så har jag träffat ett par tjejer som jag ser som vänner och jag kan äntligen känna att dom finns där för mig, vad som än händer.

    Du behöver inte tacka oss. Bara tanken på att ens största idol bryr sig så här mycket om sina fans är otroligt.
    Din röst och personlighet har hjälpt mig igenom dom mörkaste och mest deprimerande dagarna. Du och Nightwish har gjort så mycket för mig att det är svårt att beskriva.

    Så allt jag kan säga är tack... tack för att ni finns där för mig när ingen annan gör det...

    Ha det bra!

    //Ellinor

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Anette,

    your grandfather was a wise man!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you soo much Annette w/ ur comment on my blog...you made my day, and a smile on my face...i was telling my best friend of 27 yrs about my blog...your awesome thank you soo much, hope i hear from you again soon =D
    "huggs" - Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anette thank you SO much Beautiful XxX

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Anette, it's really a good post... I agree with you about what you write.
    And like you thank your fans, I want to thank you, because you're down of earth with this kind of post. And with it, I know that I'm not alone in my situation, because at the university I have some difficulties with some girls, who don't work, so I'm the only to want to succes in my studies and they don't "help" me to work...
    Have a nice evening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good evening Anette,
    very nice post of you again. :)
    I have to admit that I'm feeling a lot of negative energy around me at the moment (situation at school and home). Most people I'm talking to think quite negative about everything. So, it is very hard to think and to be positive... Music gives me a positive feeling.

    Greetings and hugs from Germany
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for this post, Anette.
    Indeed, there is a certain kind of persons and situations that people can feel uneasy with, even when they can't understand why. It has happened to me so many times when, in a presence of a specific person, I just "close" myself, I can't talk and be cheerful and relaxed anymore, even though I'm usually such an extrovert, it's almost tiresome for the ones around me. There is this sixth sense that makes one FEEL something, even though he doesn't know it for sure and can't even explain it. The bad thing, at least in my case, is that I sometimes tend to force myself to believe it's just an impression or some "paranoia" of mine or that just the general compatibility isn't so great. But most times I end up realizing I should've trusted my intuition concerning that person, because his/her presence in my life proves out being an element of exhaustion and agitation.

    So I really believe the most important thing is to always "trust our guts", because I think us human beings have this inner self-protection system that almost never fails. And, like some commentors before me said already, find things in our life that make us feel good and get rid of the tension in our lives, be it music, literature or sticking around people you feel comfortable with.

    Big hugs and have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  32. @KellyJane: Good luck for tomorrow, i'll cross my fingers and i'll have special thoughts for you. *HUGS*

    @Anette: thank you so much for this post. And what a good thing your grandfather said!
    As hard as life could be, there's also good thing - sometimes it's not always easy to remember the good ones, where's there's so much bad ones, but still.... Feeling very sensitive myself with all kind of emotions, i understand what you mean. sometimes it's a bitt better for us to stay away from some people - like some others could be good for us.

    Last but not least... I could speak only for myself here, but since the first day i came here i feel i could trust you. I couldn't explain why, i just feel it deeply. After, everything came and come easily. I'm just myself, fully and honestly - but it's so easy, with you and all the lovely people around.
    So thank YOU Anette, for being here and listening to us, for giving us this wonderful place, and for making this world a bit better. Thank you for being yourself. I feel for you like i feel for a friend now.... *hugs*


    Steff

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Nettie :D
    I think that's a pretty good advice :D
    I had once a friend, who was always in a bad mood. I tried to help her, make her happy or soemthing but she didn't want my help.
    When I was happy, she always told me negative things, so that I became sad.
    And one day, I knew that I had to stop it.
    I explained her, that her behavior pissed me off with the time. Firstly, she was pretty angry about my words, but then she begann to understand. I also told her, that I didn't want to end up this friendship and so on...
    Then she adopted my help. She was really depressiv beacause of familiar problems. She told me her problems and we started to find a solution.
    Now she's feeling muuuch better :)

    All I wanted to say is, that some people have a reason for being negativ. (Sounds a bit crazy, I know).
    And sometimes you can help them to solve their problems.
    But if they haven't a reason for their behavior and you realize that them not good for you, you have to end up with this friendship.
    That's my experience.

    Hope you enjoy the day :D
    Youre wonderful. Love you <3

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  34. By the way, I want to thank you for all the help you are giving and have given all of us.
    You are such a good, down to earth and honest person. It really feels like you're a friend even though I don't know you in person.
    It might sound strange but for some reason I really trust you.
    You're an angel dear Anette!

    Love, Lisa <3

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anette, you're sooo right!
    I have a friend who complains about everything..She always tells me what is bad in her life and she never looks on the bright side..sometimes I even get a bit angry when I have a good day and she just tells me what is bad..arrrgh..

    Have a nice evening :)
    Love xx

    P.S.: I want to thank you for your posts almost every day..it's so nice that you always share your life with us, your fans. Every day when I come home from school I'm looking forward to read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Arh that's really lovely Anette. I think everyone on seems to appreciate how open and communicative you are. It could be so easy for people in your position to hide away from the 'fans' - if I'm honest I think I would. It takes guts to open yourself up like you do - you already give so much with your performing but to share your private life with us as you do is something very special - and positive! This blog really hit a chord with me as I am struggling with that at the moment - some people seem to feel and feed off others energy especially using people who are full of determination and passion for what they do - I think some people notice these positive people and kind of target in on them like magnets to fuel their own negativity. I think they tend to off load with the hope that the positive person will boost them up - trouble is you can only do this so many times before it starts to zap you. HOWEVER I must add that this is different to friends who feel down and are going through a rough patch - that's a whole different story. Anyway I didn't mean to write as much as this - ooops sorry:/ I guess its all about balance - to succeed in life/follow your dreams you have to make some sacrifices - but its getting the balance... its tricky. x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anette thanks you for making this blog, you surely make a lot people better, and the best it's that we feel we have a friend, you, that are able to understand our problems and gives us really good advices :)
    we will always defending you and supporting you
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, I confess that now came a few tears on my face. Can we consider you our virtual friend (a long time, actually) and it's always good to read your blog. It is an exercise in English both in reading and writing to me. Sometimes I ask myself: "My God, is that Portuguese is actually my native language?", Lol.

    But not only that, it's like I said before, I find it very cool that you do not wish to divide their time, ideas, points of view with everyone, and even more, do it with sincerity. I like that.

    Today is a good day for me. Read his blog inspired me, and my grandmother finally returned from her trip. I was going to miss her .-. Only one thing bothered me: we were going to get her in my aunt's house (where she had traveled) so I can see my cousins (who were waiting for me) too, but we were not. My parents and my uncles are not well understand sometimes. And that gave me a touch of sadness, you know? People make the relationship something more complicated than it may be u.u

    I'm using the afternoon to work on a photography project that I hope it works out. In the evening I watched two of my favorite series: House MD and Cold Case. My way of dealing with it (because it is something I still do not understand), to unwind.

    I am very sensitive to negative energies and positive also captures all too easily. Love it, because I like to be a "human more emotional," the problem is dealing with the consequences of having to sometimes get away from people. But I decided: if you want to be on my side with sincerity, will find a friend for all times. Follow me as you say in the song xD

    If not, that each search your way. But that does not interfere with each other.

    Well, I said too much now XD
    Hugs to you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, that last paragraph was very touching. I really love the fact that you take the time to actually interact with your blog and the people who read it. I can't think of very many people who have public careers that do this. It is truly amazing, and I want to thank YOU! Imagine if you were able to read one of your favorite singer's blogs and interact with him/her? It is quite an awesome thing! I don't mean to say "omg you're such a celebrity" but just that you have touched many people through music, and usually that's just where it ends. Anette, you are the gift that keeps on giving!! And I do believe you must have this positive attitude to be in any type of public career, but especially in your shoes with all of the comparing and criticizing. You have certainly stood the test, and you've passed beautifully! I cannot wait to see what you do next!
    I love how music brings us all together!
    Lots of Love,
    Desi from Missouri, USA

    ReplyDelete
  40. We love you Anette, you know that. <3 Have a nice evening and a good night with sweet dreams in spite of the uncomfortable bed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anette, I'm sure everyone wants to "live life easy", but sometimes live is hard for us and the people around us, and unfortunately "negative energy" comes with problems. I think it's really important for people, for us to have friends, relatives, etc. to whom we can truely rely on. Sometimes it's important to really forget that "I come first" and actually be willing to help and to care about a troubled person, even though this person may be dificult, or negative etc. It's damn hard to be positive when problems come. So I'm really surprised by the advise that you are giving people - I mean really? Always think about me first? I don't really know what your fans admire so much about what you say, but life surely is not easy, and if we can't rely on anybody when we are not "all positive and pink", I don't know where that leaves us.

    I really think that people should be more thoughtful when giving advises. I understand that you don't like to be critised and all, but all that philosophy "don't listen to others" and "I always come first" is not the best in my humble opinion. You know, cause sometimes it is essential to actualy be able to listen even to the negative things, mainly critisism, and not put your head in the sand, just because you don't like what you hear. Because sometimes people actually can have a pretty good point, worth listening to. Even if it hurts, it can be very helpful in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Anette!

    What you said is very true. My mum calls these kind of people "Energy vampires". I think it is a very good description. And as you said, it is not an easy thing to handle a situation when one get stuck with a friend that has this trait. Well, anyway I will not ramble on, but thank you back for sharing your life with us!

    Have a great and warm evening in the cold and snowy south! (Here in Stockholm it has also been snowy, cold and windy all day)

    /Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hej Anette

    I think I understand your point but I dont agree completely. I think life is about light and dark, joy and sorrow, happiness and sadness, positivity and negativity. And they depend on each other. I think everyone should be able to face negativity and deal with it. You cant remove it from your life for ever. Its always there and it always follows you.

    I think that with a right attitude you can actually get positive energy and strength from negativity.

    But of course there are people who are filled with negativity, they are the people in workplaces who do nothing but complain, talk bad about others and poison the atmosphere with this. Those are the people you shouldnt listen. But I personally always appreciate constructive criticism.

    Its so easy to give compliments to others, but its not that easy to be honest. I wouldnt want people in my life who only want to hurt me cause they are jealous or what ever. But I want honesty with all its possible negativity.
    Thruth doesent hurt you, it sets you free.

    Of course when you want to reach goals you have to have positive energy and you have to believe in yourself. You cant spend too much effort in worrying what other people think about you etc. But the minute you start thinking that you are beyond criticism you stop growing.

    ps; with you Im speaking of people in general.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hej Anette

    I think I understand your point but I dont agree completely. I think life is about light and dark, joy and sorrow, happiness and sadness, positivity and negativity. And they depend on each other. I think everyone should be able to face negativity and deal with it. You cant remove it from your life for ever. Its always there and it always follows you.

    I think that with a right attitude you can actually get positive energy and strength from negativity.

    But of course there are people who are filled with negativity, they are the people in workplaces who do nothing but complain, talk bad about others and poison the atmosphere with this. Those are the people you shouldnt listen. But I personally always appreciate constructive criticism.

    Its so easy to give compliments to others, but its not that easy to be honest. I wouldnt want people in my life who only want to hurt me cause they are jealous or what ever. But I want honesty with all its possible negativity.
    Thruth doesent hurt you, it sets you free.

    Of course when you want to reach goals you have to have positive energy and you have to believe in yourself. You cant spend too much effort in worrying what other people think about you etc. But the minute you start thinking that you are beyond criticism you stop growing.

    ps; with you Im speaking of people in general.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank YOU Anette ;)
    I'm grateful to you for the words you say. I like reading your blog from the very beginning when It only has been started. And not only because you're a star or famous person but because you're really interesting and have alot of excperience in life and things. I like the way you do these things, I like endless talks about fixing stuff at home, clothes, shopping, and of course reports from some performings and shows and things like that. it took a part in my life and I used to know that. Thank you ;)
    Much love,
    Inga

    27 January 2010 20:46

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi A-

    This is a topic I feel strongly about and could go on an on for a long time about (don't worry I won't).
    I made a New Year Resolution 2 years ago that no longer was I going to give my time to people who clearly had no interest in me whatsoever. This included friends relatives and inlaws. It sounds harsh but some of these people suck the life blood out of you. They are constant moaners always seeing a half empty glass instead of a half full one.

    I gave everyone a fair chance because in all honesty we all have down days. It was just the perennial whingers who never had a positive comment to make that were getting me down big time.

    Life is tough - But sometimes you just have to make things happen for you - Just a smile or a friendly comment can make so much difference to a person - It costs nothing !!
    I could give examples but probably not appropriate - They know who they are though....

    My views may be simplistic but I feel much better since cutting out the people who cloud my day.

    Of course that means more times for those you care about, never a bad thing .

    Warm wishes as always Peter x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Dear Anette,

    I agree with what you said! And your grandfather's advice is truly great! Thanks for sharing it with us and for the nice post!

    We are surrounded by negative energy or negative people all the time and I am also sensitive at negativity and I've noticed that it influences me a lot: some time ago I had a person who has been there for me, supporting me and her positive energy gave me the strenght to do my best and do some great things for myself! Her influence on me was almost miraculous! But then she left .....and another person took her place and everything changed for me .....I just couldn't go on and do things I was really good at before and I was very disappointed and down because I didn't know what was happening with me!
    It took some time to "find" that positive energy again .....and I think, I've been lucky and things have started to work out in a good way for me!

    YOU have such great positive energy that I could feel from the first moment I've seen you...it was amazing!
    YOU are sending a lot of positive energy to us through this blog too and I love it so much and thanks a lot for keeping the blog!!!

    We want to thank you for your nice posts and for your interest in being in touch with us, for taking your time in reading and answering and caring about us!!!

    Keep on shining! Kisses and Hugs!

    Have a nice evening and a good night!

    Love,
    Herta

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank's you too for take time to read our comments. I start to read you blog last year (Since you had 200 followers) and today I can't stop to read, every day . You are a very positive person and this is rare in present days.
    I hope you have a wonderful night and sweet dreams. Send my best wishes for all people in your home ;-)
    Hugs from Brazil =)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi Anette!

    I have been following your blog for quite a long time but now I had courage to write something myself. :)

    I agree with everything you wrote. Negative energy can be very tiring but if you want to get rid of it you might have to give up something else. And that is not always the easiest thing to do, and maybe you don't even want to do it. In that case you can try to change that negative energy to positive energy but it doesn't always help.

    It's like standing in crossroads. You can't choose both paths so you have to make a decision. Whatever it is, you'll lose something. And sometimes it hurts.

    I agree with Littlemimo. You are very down to earth with this kind of posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Paul Stanley (KISS' singer) said once that people who give you negative energy and tell you not to follow your dreams, must be really frustrated about being not able to reach their goals.
    There was a time when I swallowed and took a lot on my shoulders for people who didn't deserve it, but now I'm sick and tired and know that I need to get those people out of my way because they really make me bad, and I want to be happy and full of energy each day. I don't need anyone to tell me what I can not do.

    Your grandfather was right and that's a great advice ^^ Yes, life's good, and we must live each second like we're never live it twice.

    A song for you which speaks about this subject. I hope you like it ^^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__hGIzJpGY

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you for the post, it is very inspiring!
    I've always been drawn to negative people, people who complain, judge others, and take advantage of my patience. Maintaining relationships with these people takes away all my time and energy. I've never had time to take care of myself completely. Now that I'm away for a year in a different country I've been able to sort of start over. I'm so happy, I'm doing what I've always wanted to do! It's hard, but it's worth it. It's so nice to know that anyone can go through this same thing. Thanks again, I'm grateful that you take the time to write your thoughts to your fans. All your posts are wonderfully relatable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hello, I'm glad you talked about this.
    Because I have a friend who seems
    to have been avoiding me a lot, and we used
    to be close and we aren't as close anymore.
    I have a feeling that she doesn't want to
    be... I'm not sure whether to keep
    being her friend or not. We've been friends
    for a couple years and I don't want to lose
    her. But I wonder if it would be better if
    I did. I'm in high school and I really don't
    want to lose friends I thought we close,
    but in a way I don't think having a friend
    treat me like that is healthy.

    I know what you mean about being intuitive
    about others emotions. I'm like that also
    and it's hard. If people around me are
    negative or upset, I get vibes from that and
    it makes me really uncomfortable.

    But do you have any advice me for me on what
    to do about my friendship? I don't want to
    lose her...but if I do is that for the best?

    Hope you have some advice...

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Har funderat på just det här i några veckor. Har en nära vän som jämt klagar och är negativ och jag har funderat på om jag ska bryta. Ska läsa igenom det du skrev igen.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Nettie, you really are a unique person. It's such a rare occasion when you meet such bright and shining people. If we were not separated by the distance, by the case that you're a famous singer and I'm just the beginner in the life, I really, truly would like to have a friend like you. To talk, to discuss things, just to spend a good time - as now I have no such person. Among the people who surround me I am a lighthouse. Sometimes I really think that's my calling - to do everything to make people around me a bit happier. But I don't have such a person for myself to receive positive energy. I do know few such people, but I can rarely see them and communicate with them, as they are much older and have their own business and visit my university not very often. When being depressed or feeling bloody lonely I always feel better when look at NW's poster on my door. I just remember, think, imagine the conversations that could have taken place if we met in reality. The thought of you or Tuomas always raises me up, because I feel like you both are my other parts - with same interests, problems, features...
    I'm always waiting for spring to wake up from winter's sleep. And every day I start with checking your blog - this gives me positive and a warm feeling of being not alone. And even those who have negative all around cannot take it away.
    I'm very sensitive on emotions like you. It's bloody hard to feel someone feels bad, or angry, or depressed. If I cannot help I just try to walk away, though fortunately in most cases I succeed. The trick is to let this negative pass through you, and when you feel and understand it, you then can really help. My parents often spread negative too - they're in divorce, both have new families and totally dislike each other. But I cannot get away from it, right, so I have to do my best to avoid uneasy talks. In hardest times it's Nightwish's music that helps me get through. With every trouble I understand it better and better... And belief in better times supports me. I hope that though all the difficulties I'll reach my dream and be able to bring it to life.
    Thank you very-very much for your support and understanding. Wish it never to rain over your house=))

    @LizLunatic
    Now when I have so many different people around me I can realise the real price of what I have. Two of my friends have even worse situation than yours - one of them lives with mother&father who are in divorce but still live at one place, the twin sister who cares not much about her, elder brother, who sometimes gets drunk and does bad things (like breaking her guitar), father telling her every day that she's a looser, even beating her sometimes, no one supporting her well. Other one got into the flat conflict when her divorced mother&father had to live in one-room flat together, now trying to separate the flat, father being such a goat that it's hard to imagine... My own situation is better, but my dad lives in Saint-Petersburg (where I was born but now live in Moscow), he calls me once in two weeks, tells almost nothing about himself and just asks how I am. No aliments, though, and he rarely gives me money - and to send money to my mom is impossible for him, as he hates her and her wonderful husband (really great, though with uneasy nature). Mom doesn't respect him at all and never loses an opportunity to remind me of how bad man he is. That's the problem I can't solve and I'm afraid I'm unable to. So maybe it's even better that you do not communicate with your father - you don't have to listen to all this.
    But anyway, life is not as easy as we imagine. And really, everything being done is done for good. Whatever happens, we should not lose hope. It's the one good thing that was let out Pandora's box. We should hope and believe, that everything will go right. Because belief is the key.
    "You have everything you need
    If you just believe"...
    Wish you all the best! Hugs,
    Kira=)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Så.....du har alltså sagt "Hejdå" av en vän, som hade negativ syn på allt, typ?
    öh ok.....kunde du verkligen släppa så lätt? Varför bara inte försöka prata med den och hjälpa den att må bättre och känna sig mer positiv? (Du kanske har försökt men..)

    Ja, ja säger då de......du kommer antagligen ogilla mig då vi ses, även om jag kommer vara överlycklig att få träffa dig...
    Jag kommer ändå må konstigt inombords, dåligt.
    Men folk som ser negativt på saker i världen, de vet bara sanning.
    Uh......detta suger.

    Ha de bra..

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Anette,
    Wow!! Something told me to read your blog and what you wrote is exactly the kind of day I have had...Not to bore you with the details but when you try to be friends with people and they never give back any of the same energy it's hard to accept. I try to shrug off the negative energy for the exact reasons you said. I'm one that keeps offering the olive branch to be friends, giving the benefit of the doubt, and for some reason the olive branch snaps back in my face. You think I would learn...
    Thank you for sharing and being a wonderful person!! I will think of your words the next time...
    Have a super night...Hope you are relaxing and keeping warm during the snowstorm....

    All the best!!!
    (((HUGS)))
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi Anette,

    I found this gorgeous photo of you, just wanted to say that i really like this corset on you it looks lovely =)

    I wonder if you have seen all of the photos of yourself or if there are some that you have not seen of yourself.

    Anyway I think this one is very nice ;)

    http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/21093673/Anette+Olzon+Anette.jpg

    Kisses
    Kelly
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  58. I defenitely want to say it again after reading this: Nettie, you are the sweetest!!
    All those kind words for us, hehe you got me speachless :)
    Thank you so much! Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  59. Anette, big thanks for your post, coz now, unfortuntaly I have some problems with this. Yeah, now I'm a big negative cloud. Some really problems in life, but I know, I'll overcome them.

    So, I have one question for you.
    I think everyone in this world have their own (may be even a secretly) place, in that he can relax and think about life problems. These places have a big positive energy. And often, these places are near water. For example, my Place is near rapid Vuoksa-river in Karelia. When I'm in depression, I like to sit on a stone near water, watching on white water. So, I fell filled with positive energy.
    Do you have such Place? Tell us about it, if it's not secret) Thank you one more time))

    P.S.: my favorite dog (Zwergschnauzer) gave birth to puppies last week, and we've must call them on letter H. So, I call one of them (the most loud) Hep-Hep)))) And yeah, now he screams more loud)))) And another puppy called Holopainen (oops!!! ^^) is very skinny... :( But I hope, he'll be genious, when he'll grew up))

    P.P.S: Sorry about my poor English(((

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi A -

    Thanks again for such a wonderful blog ! You gave me the inspiration to start my own..I have started by updating with my two great loves , music and wildlife from last year. I will then add to it for this year along the same lines and maybe other bits and pieces.

    It would be a massive honour if you would 'be the first' to view the updated blog- Like an official opening ahaah .. And maybe add a comment. That would be wonderful

    I am happy to share the link with all the other lovely AO bloggers

    http://peterja-storytellersnight.blogspot

    Also I was curious if you ever rec'd my Christmas package that went to your Management address?? It was just a small thank you gesture .so no problem.

    My warmest good wishes and a hug - Peter x

    Well thanks again Anette - You Rock !!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Dear Anette , you can't imagine the good impact of your blog , i love your voice , i love you in nightwish's show , but now i know you better and i love who you are , it's wonderfull that a great artist like you care about his fans , i never see this before !!! you are unique , our dear anette !
    it's an honour to be your fan , i'm proud !
    for my part , i don't have many real friends , i meet some of my best friends in nightwish's concert , when we come at a concert we share very much with people , that's wonderfull , they only give me positive things !
    some kisses from france , i support you with all my heart , for your album and your projects !
    love !

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hi Anette!
    Nice thoughts you put here. It's always important to be surrounded by positive energy.
    After I read your post I started to think if something like this was happening to me as well and it is! Never saw it from that point of view though.
    In one of my friend's house, the things between her family are not working really well, there are fights and constant confrontation, the energy there it's just do dark that I feel really bad after visiting her.
    But I just can't push her away, not when she need me the most.
    I think I can hold up a bit of bad energy for my friend's sake, I'm strong and I know I can take it.
    Besides, the energy comes and goes, the situation might change, and everything can be solved.
    Anyway, thanks for your words. Is really nice to know that you take part of your time to read what we write. Thank you so much!

    Hugs,
    Noelia.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Anette I am very much like you as I in picking up negativity that makes me exhausted. I know it's not nice but I know that while you are in that environment your radiating love and strength to those people and your taking some of their negative energy away from them and that is why you feel so unsettled after, so don't think of it as such a bad thing as your doing something to help them even if it's not by choice.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hi Anette
    It is very true what you say, sometimes I'm usually with negative people
    And it's not pleasant.
    So always look at your blog.
    You are very positive
    agradebles and which one has to follow your example of smile
    kisses

    LUD =)

    ReplyDelete
  65. woman, you're an amazing blogger!
    it's nice to read those "deeper" things and advices.
    and it's true. life's great, as long as you're not absorbing all those negativity in world. my best friend changed totally in the last years, she's started to see everything dark, some kind of depression obviously. i love talks with her so much, but she always got me down, so i minimised the contact to her, which wasn't easy but i felt so much better.
    first i thought this was so egoistic and i couldn't do this, but after a while i started to feel better and decided to go back to the bright side of life.
    my friend is better now and her mood is easier than before, so we're back to our roots.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I recently saw an interview with Tuomas Holopainen explaining why he and the band had chosen you, I think he quoted, "it was about listening to your own heart." or something to that effect. Speaking about what you bring and just felt that you were the one for them.

    I don't know, you know him better than anyone else here, but I think I understand what he meant. You've a beautiful presence and for anyone who has seen you live (I have) or knows you, like Tuomas, even us reading your blog can see this magical quality sparkle.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  67. So true, what you wrote. Now of course, some people might spread this negativity because they really have a reason to be negative -- serious illness, depression, rough times in their lives -- but then again, I'm pretty sure you weren't talking about cases like this but just those people who've "chosen" the constant negativity as their life attitude. I've met these people too -- heh, in work community they're called "poison pills" because they can just poison the atmosphere of the whole workplace with their constant whining and this "passive aggression" that often comes with that attitude. Unfortunately you can't choose who you work with but I just hate when I have to share a room with this kind of a person or supervise their work or communicate with them in any way!

    Another personality type I try to avoid are these whom I call "energy vampires". People who only take, take, take from you, never giving anything back. I'm exhausted to death after just talking to them for a few minutes because they're like black holes -- never communicating back, just standing and staring and waiting for me to lead the discussion, constantly guiding them, telling them what to do... and they never make any initiative themselves, they never start a discussion themselves (even if it would be crucial to some work thing), they never say even "hello" or "good morning"... and in the end of the day, you can't be even sure if they understood what you just explained to them because they simply don't communicate!

    Then, the people who just love to annoy, irritate and provoke! Ok, I might throw some "provocative" comments every now and then myself but they're always targeted only to people who know me really well and know I don't do it to fish for attention or to be bitchy but simply to initiate discussion about some, maybe a tad "controversial" topic. And, they're simply about _topics_, never personal attacks!

    Anyways, this post of yours was quite a good "heads up" too -- I easily sink into negativity myself if everything just goes steadfastly down to hell in my life for extended periods of time and I always feel bad afterwards for maybe spreading this negativity around during those "down" phases. But then again, you just can't be happy and smiling all the time, you have to have right to feel negative emotions too -- I find it terribly stressing that, for example in our job, no matter how hard times we might have in our personal lives, we are expected to just "suck it up", not let it show, just pretend to be happy and full of energy because otherwise it gives "bad image" of the workplace to younger students and foreigners and whatelse... But, that's the way in every workplace I think -- when you come to work, you must leave your personal life outside of the door ;)

    Phew, quite a rant again, LOL... And, like someone already said above, no need to thank _us_ -- thank _you_, instead! ;) You truly have a positive attitude about life and that's contagious ;) So many posts here that have brought smile to my lips and made me go "awww"... :)

    All the best and have a wonderful day again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  68. So true! It make so good to read your post. i have also noticed that when I´m with negative person I get very tired. But music helps for that.

    Positive thinking, behavior and others positive treatment have been on my mind lately. I want to treat people close to me good and trying to create something positive on their days.

    Sometimes I tell my huspand something that I´m very excited and want to share with him. After i have have told him about it he answer negatively.
    Last I autumn I found a friend that became very fast very close to me and I feel that she is my "bosom friend". I have never had earlier friend like this and was so happy. One night I tell my thoughts about it to my huspand. I supposed that he would say "Great, so nice you have found that kind of person. But no! He said that be careful that you wont disappointed. That was like a hit to stomach.

    Because my huspand has given those kind of mental hits to me, i really don´t wanna tell him my new insights and achievements. ANd thats sad. i have to find a way to talk him about it in the way that he will understand it.

    Thank you Anette for writing about this. That raised up those thing that I have to speak with my loveone. it´s hard to try grow up when very close person don´t support you.

    Good and postive day for you!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  69. Whenever I see thoughts like this it makes me feel a pain in my chest. I know that sometimes I can be that negative person and I know that it is not a constructive behavior to focus on bad things. For a long time I have struggled with depression and I try my best not to let out the negative energy that I often feel inside. I don't want to be a person that people have to turn away because I am draining them of happiness. I know that it is part of being human to be drawn into dark thoughts sometimes. Sometimes I am afraid that I will hurt the ones that I love with the dark thoughts that I have. I will keep trying to have proper balance and focus on what is positive.

    I know what my goals are. I want to sing in a metal band someday and try to make beautiful music. Getting media notice would be nice but I'm not going to jump that far into my fantasies since I haven't even found a proper band yet. I get discouraged. People don't like the music that I am interested in making where I live. My voice isn't to their liking. My lyrics style isn't what they want. I feel like I am getting too old to hold onto those "silly" dreams maybe. I guess that is the negative voice in my head. I keep singing and writing because it makes me feel free. It may not become a treasure that the world will see but it will always be mine to have. I can find happiness in that.

    The friends I have had to let go of are not negative ones but destructive ones. I suppose that is a negativity of sorts but not in just words but actions too. The people I cannot stand to be around are the ones who do not live by their own rules and concepts that they have set for their lives. People who know what is true and healthy but reject it totally. I have to turn away because I cannot stand to see them destroy themselves. Like a light going out and never coming back on again. These are the people I have had to let go of. Sometimes I regret walking away. I feel a false responsibility that maybe I could have saved them. I have to remind myself that they must decide to save themselves and want to be free of that kind of life. It is difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hej Anette,

    Jag önskar dig en trevling dag!!

    And Thank you very much for caring so much for us and making this wonderful- full-of-heart- blog!!!
    hugs+greez,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  71. You are so very correct, Anette. Life is too short and too precious to allow negative energy in it's various forms in our lives. It can be so hard when you care very deeply for a person, but sometimes there comes a point when you realize that even though you care very much for them, that being around them effects you badly. Somehow that negative energy will suck you in, drag you in and it clouds everything. Though it may hurt to cut ties with someone, eventually that pain will subside and it's almost like a burden has been lifted, a light turned on.

    Some people wallow in misery, negativity, and suffering. They can't see past whatever is bad in their life at the moment, that it's just a part of life that there are good times and bad times, that neither remain forever. Things get bad sometimes, yes, but they will get better. But when people have to wallow in being a victim of life, of circumstance, rather than rising up and making the best of things, well there is only so much you can do. Owning whatever it is that makes our lives unhappy and rising above it is always so much better than being a victim.

    You are a very wise lady, Anette. :) Thank you so much for posting this.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  72. Hello Anette! First let me say I really liked this post, it's the kind of post which makes me think. About the people (or things) which soak up your energy: yes, I agree, because it happened to me with 2 people I thought they were my closest friends.
    It was many years ago, first there was this Friend1 who I knew since we were little. He started to change very very much, he was becoming selfish and started treating me with none respect. I, instead, tried to forget the bad things he did and tried to look at the bright side. Then there was a point in which I couldn't stand it anymore, because for a reason I still don't know, he hated me and wanted the rest of my partners to stop talking to me. It was horrible. In the end he changed to a new school and I got rid of him.
    But... when I was starting getting away from Friend1, I relied on Friend2, who I knew for a long time too, and he became a reliable good friend too. The problem was that he said: You're my best friend. But he didn't do anything to prove it and he showed more interest to do other things with other people. I told him about this problem and he just said: If you don't like to do the things I like, what can I do? He was right, but it made me feel very lonely. In the end, Friend1 and Friend2 are no longer a part of my life, they soaked up too many energy from me, I couldn't live with that feeling any more. But luckily now I have 2 wonderful friends who are loyal, we respect each other and we laugh a lot until getting belly ache.

    Well I needed to tell it. In a place which there is negative energy, I can't feel it if I haven't been there before. But when I finally feel it, I just get nervous and pray I can't get out of there as soon as possible.

    I must say thank you, because I know we can trust you and tell you things which you'll read.

    Thank you Anette =)

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hey

    What you wrote about negativity and how it could bring us down, was completly right. it made me think (like i wrote before) and especially this point: It doesnt matter if its a perosn, a thing or something else.
    If it soakes our energy we should get it out.

    SO now, its strange but:
    The Friendship to my oldest friend (i know him for 12 years) fell apart the last months. we both went comnplete diffrent ways.
    And he started to insult me the last weeks over and over again (i was no angel for sure but i didnt hurt him) with things like:
    Im better than you, im more worth living than you (that one hurted very much).
    He lifted himself up in the sky and held me down.
    when we went out and i wanted to party a bit he behaved like a father to me and insulted me infront of my Titanic (the club where i go to) mates by calling me a big kid that never will learn how to live (he´s as old as me), and so this whole thing carried on.
    i dont know what i did wrong?! but he truned into a egomanic monster.
    And everytime when he made it again to hurt me i felt like a small piece of sh*t.
    Then, yesterday. I saw your post,
    and after reading through your post i sat down and thought a long time about what you wrote. and in the end: I decided to end this mess. Cause it drags me down.
    I deleted him from my friend record and told him that i wish him well in his future and he should take care, but i will not be there any more. He was not suprised, but somehow sad!!!! (how can he be sad? he focused this ending!)
    I cant say how hard it was for me, cause we both went a long way. but this way is over now.
    I sonehow feel good and the preasure is gone, but on the other hand i dont understand how he could turn into this cold person.
    May he wanted to end this friendship and he tried to push me away with his behavior :(
    I dont know...
    i just know that it was rigth to end this. and your post helped me to realize that.

    I thank you Anette.
    and i apologize for wrting my stuff here, dont wanna bore you, thats for sure.

    With Love and Respect
    and a smile for you!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  74. Hey Anette!
    Thank you so much for that! You give so much to us all, so we are the ones who have to thank YOU!
    You're such a great and lovely person, thanks for your advises, that helped me with some big problems, by the way... I never write so much here, because I hate talking about my feelings, I was never good in that... I hope that's not too bad. My friends and my family are used to it now... It took a long time, till they accepted that I'm not that open but more thoughtful and a bit melancholic, but somehow most of them dealt with it ;=)

    Thanks for everything, I want you to know that you are a very special "role model" to me, not only as a singer, but also as a person.
    Love ♥ and so much hugs,
    yours, Kim-Noêmia

    ReplyDelete
  75. Dear Anette,

    I happy that you know what to do in these situations! I am glad you've found ways to deal =)
    I think you have a nice point about "taking away the negative things". ... It's very interesting and I think I know that I have had to do that before. I guess I just didn't think of it as "taking away negative things" although it was... I'm not sure I am making sense right now hehe but I'm happy for you!

    xoxoxo

    lots of love
    -from Alena

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hey Anette :)
    It's really nice to read these words from you. I like - of course - reading about your daily life and activities, but I really enjoy when you let us take a closer look to your "inner self", so to say.
    By the way, have you ever heard about Neuro-Linguistic Programming? I know it may sound weird, but it's a "psychological theory" (not precisely, but I wouldn't know how else to call it) that has many things in common with what you said here (and in a couple other posts before).
    It basically teaches a way to train our mind to react differently to the stimuli we get from the everyday life, and it's a very "practical" and down-to-earth theory.
    If you find some books or stuff talking about NLP, maybe you could give it a try :)
    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Hello Anette.
    I am really sensitive to negative energies too. I can't stand negative people. Situations like being friends with negative people are very difficult to deal with. I've been there. Actually I still don't know what to do. :\
    Thank you so much for all of your sweet words. We love you. :)

    Dimitris

    ReplyDelete
  78. Dear Anette,

    To be honest, i was one of the people who didn't like the "new" Nightwish..... at 1st. That was then.

    I've started to pay more attention to your vocals and the whole "Dark Passion Play" album and it's one of my fav albums now. Themegalomaniac orchestration of Tuomas in "Poet.." and the sweetness of your voice are amongst the things I love the most in the album, along with Marco's contribution. It all amazes me everytime i listen to the songs.

    Nightwish sounds more "secure" and relaxed, but it's a new era. I don't like to compare the eras anymore. It's all a new start for me

    Can't wait for the new album, whenever it comes out and i daily regret missing the show at Circo Voador, here in Rio.

    I "night"wish all the best for you in your life and career.

    With love,

    Bernardo

    ReplyDelete
  79. Hi A -

    I've just had to relinquish a friendship for the overall good of all concerned . It wasn't easy and I feel pretty numb about it.

    However there comes a time when you have to understand that if the effort is always one way and the other person does not return the same enthusiasm then it is not right.

    They say 'its the hope that kills you' well maybe there is something in that? I will at least no longer have the agonising wait for messages , texts etc only to be left deflated. And made to look a fool, which is probably what I have been....

    I know I have made the right decision but it hurts and I feel sad right now.

    I'm sure things will improve over time.

    Warm Wishes on a dark night Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I used to be such a negative person before but few years ago I started to meditate and then fell in love with a positive enrgy. I found God in me and all around - and just by reading positive channeling messages (http://www.galacticmessages.com/blog/) it was SO uplifting! You can find so much wisdom inside the texts.

    Anyway now I cannot stand negative people anymore because they steal your happy energy away. Why?

    They want to lower your vibrations into their low level so they can communicate with you. How do you take contact to positive person if you are full of negativity? You can't.

    With meditation and reading channelings I got cured from depression and this has been going on for over a year now.

    Let go all of your fear and simply love yourself. You are perfect being and much loved. You are here for a reason and you have chosen to live on Planet Earth by free will. Stand up and let no one put you down.

    ReplyDelete