Monday, 1 November 2010

A magic song

I just need to share a song that really took me when I heard it a couple of days ago. It´s a song written by Bob Dylan but performed by Tom Jones. To hear Tom is just amazing and I cant understand that he still at the age of 70 has such a strong and beautiful voice! He is just amazing!

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Good morning Anette,
    run and have a look at this little guy playing
    Bye Bye Beautiful! It's fun to see how he plays Marco's part and I also like his haircut!!

    A kid singing and playing BBB

    Hugs for the day ,
    (tnx 4 this very calm song, loved it...it is SO quiet)
    Poochie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful :) I love these kinds of songs. They are so soothing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, it has been one year since I am with my boyfriend and he isn't with me. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom Jones is timeless, really touching song, his voice give me goosebumps

    I was listening to some very powerful song yesterday, with an amazing portuguese singer called Dulce Pontes. She combines belting and classic singing in a wonderful way:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mtmkoZG2Y&NR=1

    Is composed by Ennio Morricone, one of Tuomas favorite maestros :) Such powerful singing and lyrics!

    My other tip for you is an old ballad from the 70´s called "Catch the wind" by Donovan and Crystal Gayle. She has an "oldie" voice, kinda like yours, I think this type of ballads suits you very well Nettan

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMknrmuDD0o

    any way, have a nice week

    ;******

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anette,

    For me, today has been one of those days. To start off I have had a really hard day of statistics practicals which were terrible and to top it off my blackberry phone was stolen this morning, so I am stuck in London, 300km from home unable to ring my mum, =(.

    So yeah, it's been a really rubbish day for me, so I was feeling and down and tried to think of what would cheer me up; I thought of your blog.

    Basically the point in this little story is to say how amazing you are. Seriously, I know you must hear it all the time but you really are Anette! Your blog never fails to cheer me up, no matter how bad my day has been. So thank you so much! Seeing what you post always put a smile on my face, =).

    I hope your day has been much better than mine, and I also hope the vaccinations went well.

    Thank you so much! Take care,
    -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anette !!
    Aww what a beautiful song !!
    Kisses and Hugs from Portugal
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful song! Thank you for knowing something new. :)
    Love
    Arfea

    ReplyDelete