
If you, like me, want to donate some money to help the people of Japan, here are some alternative to do so.
I donated through swedish Red cross by sending a sms to 72900 and wrote "Akut Japan". By doing so you give 100 swedish crowns (appr. 10 euros)
For international sites, click any of the below to read more how to donate:
Save The Children: Mobilising to provide immediate humanitarian relief in the shape of emergency health care and provision of non-food items and shelter. Call 1800 76 00 11 or visit www.savethechildren.org.au
Red Cross: Donors can contribute to the relief efforts by calling 800-733-27677 or visiting www.redcross.org.au. Each text message is a $10 donation to the Red Cross, which will be added to the donors’ next cellphone bill.
Mercy Corps: Mercy Corp has not sent its own team to Japan but it set up a donation fund for its partner, Peace Winds Japan, and its emergency assistance on the ground. To make a donation, call 888-747-7440 or visit the website here.
Medical Teams International: Medical Teams International is also on alert and staying closely in touch with its nine partners along the coast and in Japan. To donate to Medical Teams International, visit www.medicalteams.org.
World Vision Canada: World Vision is among the first organisations to begin relief work by distributing emergency supplies and sending highly-trained staff to assess and respond to the most urgent needs. To donate, visit www.worldvision.ca
Medecins Sans Frontiers: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organisation that provides emergency medical assistance to populations in danger in more than 60 countries. MSF workers are already on ground in Japan, assessing the situation. For more visit www.msf.org
DFAT: Assistance helpline: +61 2 6261 3305. DFAT hotline for Australians concerned about family and friends: 1300 555 135. Visit www.dfat.gov.au
From Japan, I appreciate your help.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
well done anette . this is one of the thing i admire you xxxxxxxx have a good day you and your family
ReplyDeleteanette... =)
ReplyDeletei admire u too
Good Of You Annii :)
ReplyDeleteI0ve Been Trying To Do It, But There Are Signal Problems, And We Can Only Send Bya CellPhone, But Well, I'll Find Another Way To Help :)
Aww Anette Hope you feeling well xx
ReplyDeleteThanks for all of this information it is soo terrible what happened!! I really admire the strength & dignity that the Japanese people have shown so far throughout this nightmare!!
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteYou have a good initiative! It's really kind!
At the moment, I have no work and I want so much to be there to help them. I don't how to do.
Have a nice day,
Laetitianne.
Huge gratitude to you from Japan!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Anette,
ReplyDeletei will donate 2 euro by sms with an italian phone. This is very important post to be sympathetic to the poor people that they need help.
http://petcaptain.com/blog/cat/help-save-animals-japan-tsunami-disaster
ReplyDeleteand this is page, where you can send your help for animals... because not only people but animals are hurt and lost and tey need their help, too...
Hope you are not angry with this comment and advertisement of this page, Anette ;)
Someone wants to help people, I am one of those who cares about our animal friends :o)
Take care, Claire.
I've just donate 2 euro by sms. I'm so feel happy and i really hope that those money could arrive at their destination!
ReplyDeleteHm, I don't think that they need money. What they need, are experts which know how to deal with atomic rays and such things. And of course doctors, volunteers to search casualties - dead and alive -, to tidy up and so on.
ReplyDeleteMoney isn't the matter; Japan is one of the most wealthy states of the world, and altough they are debt-ridden, they just don't need it, like I've already said.
I don't want to diminish your generosity, Anette, and this of all the others which donate money. It's just my point of view. If I would be a medic or a expert for atomic rays, I would take the next plane to Japan and help all those people. But I'm not, and I'm so sorry that I can't help them somehow. My money doesn't change the atomic contamination there.
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI will ask to my parents and I hope to donate some money. ;D
Help is so good, for our mind and spirit.
Thanx to share it with us, and remenber who need our help! =)
Letícia Monique
Hello Anette !!
ReplyDeleteI really want to help them !! Thanks for the links =)
You were soooooo nice to them =D This is one of the reason why i admire you,you help the others,and thats really amazing !!
I hope they are better,they arent alone,we are here to help those beautiful people =)
Kisses and Hugs from Portugal (extra kisses and hugs to Japan)
Liliana
Hi Anette!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that you share this post, I hope that people reading this post will help Japan.
I'm italian and the only thing I could do is donate 2€ by sms (as Arianna wrote). For the other italians reading this post you can donate 2€ at the number 45500, you just have to send an empty sms, it's not fraud 'cause I tried and I recived a confirmation message from my telephone operator.
Thank you for sharing this =)
Take care!
Lucy
Very nice information! I donated the other day through a organization called Music for Relief: http://www.musicforrelief.org/
ReplyDeleteIt's a site formed by the band Linkin Park and various other artists to raise money in times of disaster. They have a "download to donate" program, Or you can purchase t-shirts designed by the band members. Being an artist yourself I thought you might appreciate such a site. :)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteThe Finnish Red Cross (FRC) sell cute, handmade teddy bears "Amigurumi" for 10 € + postage. There are several colours available (beige, yellow, red, dark blue, light blue). All of the net proceedings (= 8,50€ per bear) will go to the FRC's Disaster Relief Fund.
Unfortunately, the webshop is in Finnish only. However, FRC also deliver internationally. For more information, please contact: myynti(at)punainenristi.fi
Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting/crocheting small stuffed toys, usually cute animals.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amigurumi
(the Amigurumi teddy bear is not a toy, so it's not suitable for small children)
--Ilienne
Oops, I may have forgotten the link to the Amigurumi teddy bears:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.hyvanmielenkauppa.fi/tuote/566009/Amigurumi%20-%20pieni%20nalle,%20iso%20apu