Enjoy!
Petrax Studio, March 2011
A week or so ago I felt the Curse of the Mummy was cast upon us. The vocal recordings were set to begin on Monday March 7th but Anette fell at her home just a few days before that and broke her rib. Thinking positive, luckily just that, from the sound of it it could`ve been much worse. So now she just needs to rest and heal well before we continue, the new vocal recording date set to the beginning of April. We`ll take our time and do nothing half-way at this point.
So we called Marco to enter the studio for a couple of days before he left for winter holidays with his family. We figured we need to make the best of the booked studio time anyway. The first thing he told me on Tuesday was that he`d slipped on his front porch and hurt his rib, not sure if he`ll be able to sing. At the same time Mikko (Karmila, the recording engineer) was lying in bed, sick to the core.
On Wednesday Marco was still hurting, Anette hadn`t improved at all, Mikko was still sick in bed and Tero (Kinnunen, the other recording engineer) was run over by a horse and a cart (!)
There was 3 more weeks of studio time left and I was alone sipping some Shiraz by the studio`s mixing console trying to come up with a counter - spell to put the poor mummy`s soul to rest.
Now, a week later things are looking much brighter. Marco was actually able to sing a couple of tracks thanks to Mr. Burana, Tero hurt his pride worse than his body, Mikko is back from the dead, and I just heard Anette was able to go outside for the first time in two weeks. Wonderful news! I also got all my keyboard, piano & hammond - parts recorded, we got majority of the soundscapes a`la Mr. Jussi Tegelman put in place and Mikko already started the editing process. So no studio time wasted after all.
Now it`s all about waiting for Anette to get well, getting Marco to record the rest of his vocals, and flying Troy over to record his pipes and show us some of his legendary magic.
In the meanwhile, a beautiful springtime to everyone. I`ll write more soon.
Tuomas
Hello Anette !!
ReplyDeleteI read it on Facebook =D
I hope you,Tero,Marci and Mikko get better !!
And Nemo too =)
This is sooo weird,soo many bad things happened,well but see this as a negative part,good moments will come again ^^
Thanks for sharing with us !
Kisses and Hugs from Portugal
Liliana
OMG! I hadn't read it yet, but... I didn't know Marco hurt himself too.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're all feeling better. I have to be honest, as horrible as it all is, is it wrong I found it funny? Ok, maybe it's one of those things that in 10 years you can look back on, tell the story, and laugh at it, too soon to find it funny when you're still in pain and such, so forgive me.
But I am glad everyone is doing better and that you are! Keep resting and soon you'll be able to move around all the time again :)
<3 Lauren
Marco too? I think God was protecting all of you from something. Both engineers? Everything happens for a reason. Some catastrophy was probably thwarted by your higher power.
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
Tisa
I cannot wait to see how this album will turn out...If you are one to believe in Karma, then all this bad luck will pay off in the long run and make it so the album will turn out to be so spectacularly beautiful and amazing. The universe or whatever will pay you all back for the pain. I'm so glad everyone is recovering :D
ReplyDeleteMy, how really unlucky for you all :( But it seems that things are getting the good way, and in the end everything will turn out for the best, I'm sure! :D
ReplyDeleteOnce again, take care and I wish the quickest recovery for the guys too! ;)
It's so hard... But I hope, you all will be OK, 'couse I love you all!!!
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteOh, God, I didn't know Marco was hurt too!
But, anyway, and after all, it's good to see that Imaginarium is progressing! =)
Kiss.
Letícia Monique
omg, you and Marco with the ribs??? Glad everyone is getting better. I'm going to go comment on this on FB. Take care, and get better.
ReplyDeletelove,
Emily