
I am a person who wants to be in control, who needs to be the one who leads things. I can follow but then I need to feel that I still am able to be heard and saying what I want etc.
In my life there has been so many people trying to control me and move me around like a puppet and when these things happen, I get so angry and frustrated. Then I usually need some days to think of some plan or strategy, listen to my intuition and what it tells me to do. Then after having so many "discussions" in my head about what to do, what to say, consequences etc, I make a move.
And when that move is done, I feel better. My life starts to open up. The sky gets more blue. My life spirit comes back and I feel determined and no matter what will happen after the decision, I never regret my choice.
Life is full of road blocks, where we need to choose a path. It may be so hard to choose but we need to do it. I have chosen paths that have taken me out on deep water, grief and sorrows, but in the end and after all, I can see that I needed that to grow and find myself.
Today, I chose a path again and we´ll see what will come out of it, but I feel relieved that I took that path and now I´ll go out in the sun and embrace this day;=)
I hope you all do the same;=)
I can relate so much to this post, Anette. I hate being controlled. And so many have tried to tell me what to do, but it gets to a certain point when I cannot stand it any more and have to get out of such a situation. Be it work, relationships or home. I've made some bad decisions in the past, but like you say, these often help you grow.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Marie
Hi Anette
ReplyDeleteI have been reading, but not commenting recently as things are a bit AAAAAHHHHH here right now. But just had to say this post is very wise.
I've had to make some tough calls too, but when your heart feels lighter, you know it was right - regardless of how difficult the path ahead is going to be!
Hope that whatever your choice was today, it is one that brings you closer to where you need to be.
Anna xx
anna-disgrace.livejournal.com
I wish you luck in your new choice, you deserve =)
ReplyDeleteReally you seem to be a person of strong personality, and I respect that. So take a deep breath and go ahead dear Nettan, for sure you will make a good choice and unlock this road blocked again. =)
Enjoy the day
Hugs and best wishes from Brazil =)
Good luck and thank ypu.
ReplyDeleteHej, Anette! We all know how determined you are, I can only say: Keep on this, never regret any of your decisions, and I hope the path you have taken, take you to a good place! Many kisses from Brazil :)
ReplyDeleteLeo.
Every choice is hard, especially if it concerns our future and how our life goes on. I think each of us is familiar with such situations and know how uncomfortable it can be. But if one simply relies on his feelings, his intuition and his heart, there can never be the wrong way. If you follow your heart, it perhaps not always leads immediately to its target, but there is always a diversion ;-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day!
Hey Nettie , I agree with you. There are so many road blocks in life. It's bad because people want to control other's life. That always makes me angry. But that's a good idea Nettie , take some days and think what to do =)
ReplyDeleteHugs
Ena
I'm the same way and I completely agree
ReplyDeletewith what you said. A part I also
always try to remember is that yes, the path
I chose I may find out that it wasn't the
best one to chose, but in the end the thing
to do is never doubt yourself or regret your decisions. Because truthfully,
inside of me I'm the only one who knows
what's right for me.
I would love to go out and enjoy the sun also, but there isn't one here in Ohio-
it's cloudy and I'm out of school because of
how the snow and ice has covered the roads so
bad. So yippie, snow day, no school!:D
Hope you have a good day!
Hugs and love, Katie T.
Wonderful and wise words you wrote.
ReplyDeleteThe one thing where you wrote:
"no matter what will happen after the decision, I never regret my choice."
That is awesome and so right.
You lead and go you way with everything that is included.
See, i kinda somehow love you ;) (dont get me wrong, ok ;)) and it is always impressing to see how incredibly strong you are.
My deepest respect to you!
You will do the right thing, there is no doubt.
And by the way: Thank you, you words gave me back some energy, to take on all the upcomming fights. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
With all Love and Respect
Chris :)
Dear Anette,
ReplyDeleteChoices are hard and tricky, but they'll always lead you the right way.
Today you've made a choice again and I'm sure it's the right one ;-)!
Hope you'll tell us bout the choice one day. You don't have to offcourse. But these things make me curious :-D.
Hope you feel a little bit better today.
Love Kayleigh
Good morning Annette( well morning here in NY heehee), i can see what ur saying here, and i dont blame you for choosing ur path..i think all of always have someone tryin to control us( family member,spouse,friend...etc)and i know how frustrating it can be when u try to speak up...no one hears you...You are your own person,your feelings,thoughts,ur decisions...only you have control of it...no one else should thats what makes you...you,
ReplyDeletei myself 32 yrs (will be 33 in jan 14)old..and alot of times i feel like a child..my family always tryin to tell me what i should and shouldnt do..and majority of the time..i dont agree w/ them..and thats where i start to rebel from them...ill do what i wanna do,and how i wanna do it...its my consenquences..its my decision...its my life( lol good song from Bon Jovi however =P )
good luck Annette, have a wonderful afternoon =) "huggs" -Tracy
I hope you've done a right choise and i wish all the best that you deserve!
ReplyDeleteHi Anette! I am in the same situation right now.. i have to chose a path but i am confused and i don't know what is the right thing to do.. I feel sad and frustrated and i can't decide what is the right way.. your post opened my eyes =) thank you so much!! I will decide and i will have no fear.. thank you!!! :-*******
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of a line in a Within Temptation song:
ReplyDelete"This world may have failed you / it doesn't give a reason why / you could have chosen a different path in life."
You're such an inspiration, Anette. I just wanted you to know that.
Have a great day, and I hope you chose the right path!
~Max
Your thoughts always make me think and look at things differently. I think we always carefully need to build goals and try what our brains tell and don't let the others control our lifes.
ReplyDeleteLife has so many paths and any choice we make means a whole different future, sometimes I can't concentrate myself and keep doing mistakes or even doing anything because of fear. But I hope it's not too late to make a move.
I always had in mind that life can be a boat in a ocean or a boat in bottle, everyone need to watch out to not get lost in the ocean. If one is inside a bottle, then one need to try to find a way to get out of it and sail away.
It's like a chess game, sometimes you are in control, sometimes you are being controled and sometimes you just make random moves that can, or can't make, differences.
Thank you for your thoughts. All the best for you, have a wonderful weekend.
Hi Anette,
ReplyDeleteHope your feeling a little better today.
Ive read your Road Block & i totally get what you mean!
Words of a wise & strong woman!!!
Kisses
Kelly
XxX
I hope your chosen path will give you the right thing, good luck with it!
ReplyDeleteOww, I would love to go out in the sun, but first: there isn't much sun around here for the moment, and second: I have to studie. Monday I have my first exam :|
Enjoy the rest of the day
I couldn't agree with you more ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm probably being paranoid, but...tell me this doesn't mean that you're leaving Nightwish?!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of being your fan when I read this kind of things. You always seem to be so funny and nice person, but also so strong and determined. I admire you for this and I truly feel that the fact that you control your own life and don't let others to manipulate you is something to admire.
ReplyDeleteAs for me, I am quite individualist and independent too. I want to take the control and to manage my own life. Here in Spain this attitude is difficult to see. People leave their parents' home when they're almost 30, or even more; I see lots of people my age or older (I'm 21) who need their parents to take their own decisions, or who choose this path just because others chose the same. And I think it's very sad that a girl my age is choosing a way of life just because her friend chose the same.
We need to be more independent and manage our own way, and, even when we're wrong and have to admit it, I think that, when you did something you really wanted to, even when it hurts, you're being honest to yourself and you can look at the sun with a smile on your face.
You're always encouraging me, so thank you!!
I'm not sure if any of us are truly in control - perhaps we feel we are when we are on the right path - kind of like our intuition is feeling at home with where we are... possibly the feeling of not being in control is the intuition's alarm bell urging us to find another way... I think so much of what we do especially our decisions come from somewhere so deep within us that they hardly touch our brains at all... I hope you feel more comfortable now Anette now that you have chosen.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to what your saying about control. Friends and family of mine have done the same to me also and you know what, I had a choice to give them up totally or just live with the pressure. But at the same time you feel guilty of not giving into or making them feel like hey everything is cool. You have to put your foot down and say look god dammit?! this is about me now, you can't have everything like peaches and cream. I mean going the direction they want you to or recommend you to do things and what not, and god forbid if you don't do it, than your criticized for it. These kinds of things are considered stumbling blocks in my case yes! Personally, I think that is why I couldn't do anything for music since I am a guitarist/bass player and I can write lyrics. Peer pressure from everyone saying it's not going to happen or that kind of music is going no where kind of bullshit. I have been detoured from doing what I want to do from every possible direction due to negative and controlling people. I probably could list a ton of stumbling blocks about me but I don't want to mention depressive content. Well, I give you a lot credit for making a stand and choosing the path you feel is right for you. Always go with your gut feeling and don't listen to anyone. You will fulfill your destiny. At least for me, that is what I am doing now. Being in control of your own path is as important as it is following it also. There will always be a brighter day. Lots of inspiration and love. Have a great day Anne!!!
ReplyDeleteLuv Fernando
I wish you all the best on your chosen path, Anette.
ReplyDeleteHi Anette!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your post. I completely agree with what you said. I think it also depends on learning to being as positive as you can, even when you have made faults or when you have hard times going on. You have to be strong to walk this path, but clearly, all your faults just make you stronger and stronger, and more mature, and that's what you need to survive everyday life. :) Not listening to other people and not letting them to tell what to do is the best thing I can imagine. Unfortunately there are many cruel people who might just wish you bad luck and that's why they try to manipulate your decisions, and not only those hard decisions, but other, everyday life things: clothing, hair style, make-up, your talking style, etc. In my opinion it's so rude. I think everybody should care about their own things, and not others'. :) But sadly there are hardly any people who would follow these instructions.:(
Hi A - I very often think that our futures are already mapped out for us and there nothing that can change that path. Destiny if you like ?? Then another day it's different - i really dont know. I suppose that is the joy of life each day brings something new and freedom to have choices which is a great feeling.
ReplyDeleteFunnily enough I have been thinking about going down a particular path for a while too. Well today whether it was fate or coincidence the opportunity presented itself in the least likely place.
Don't want to say much more at this stage but it is something that will help me find out a lot more about myself and also help others.
Hope you are well - Warm Wishes Peter x
Your post is so realistic about the other wo wants to control our life...
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sure that you have take the good path, and I hope that me too I have chosen the good path for my future, even if it'll be difficult and "tortuous".
Nice evening in your beautiful Sweden ;)
Dear Anette,
ReplyDeleteWell those road blocks... I am a victim of my own decisions I'd say. Often brought me to problems with what I chose. But the most important things I leanred was because of these wrong decisions.
I hope you did a really good decision today, Anette!
Good luck with that!
Yours,
Lisa
Thanks:). Me too I hate being controlled.
ReplyDeleteSari: I wont leave NW, this has to do with other issues in my life. NW and me are gonna record the new album next year as planned. Have a good night;=)
ReplyDeleteDear Anette,
ReplyDeleteI wish you very good luck with the decision you have taken today!
I absolutely agree with what you've written about the road blocks!
I know exactly what you mean with the days you prepare the strategy for the decision that has to be made and the "discussions" in your mind with yourself and "seeing" the situations that can appear in consequence of the decision.....it also happens to me every time!
Hope you've had a great sunny day! Have a great evening and sleep well!
Love,
Herta
Hi Anette..!! My name is Diana, this is my first comment on your blog xD, but i really like how u manages ur frustrations an anger. I wish u always the best n.n
ReplyDeleteAnd about what u said: "I´ll go out in the sun and embrace this day" I want to share with u a photo I took months ago and hope u like it :). http://www.flickr.com/photos/diianhe/4141475168/
Im an amateur photographer so.. dont spect too much :P .. by the way.. greetings from Mexico :)
Hmm....jag tror jag vet vad detta handlar om, ifall man läser mellan raderna.
ReplyDeleteJag förstår dig fullkomligt i detta.
Jag...hoppas allt "löser" sig eller vad man ska säga, vi måste ändra vägar i livet för oss själva ibland.
Angående vägar, jag skrev en låt en dag, som heter Path of Exile, där man ska välja om man vill gå en stig som man blir landsförvisad av ifall man går på den, för att se ifall paradiset ligger där bortom skogarna eller om det är raka motsattsen.
Jag vet inte om det har så mycket med just denna situation att göra men det gäller en väg som man själv måste välja. Och ha styrka till.
Jag vet inte om du fattade något av det jag skrev nu men.....hoppas ;=)
Kram.
Great words Anette, really good words. I'll try to do that more often. Thank you :)
ReplyDelete