Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Sun is shining,,,

...finally!!!! Oh, we have waited and waited for the sun over here...its been raining and raining and raining.... so some sun is rally nice for a change.

I woke up at 06.00 this morning from the smell of coffee...I got a bit worried that we had forgotten to turn off the coffee machine and went up but it wasnt from my home it smelled...so I guess someone down below made some very nice coffee early today;=)

When I was a teenager, my mum and me lived by myself and she always got up to fix her coffee before work. Then she came up and said nicely: Anette, wake up...its time to go to school....and caressed my cheek...

I didnt get up...

Then the second time she did the same "nice" awakening procedure... but I didnt get up..

Third time she came to the bottom of the stairs to the upper floor and screamed: Get up now!!
I didnt get up...

Fourth time...again screaming by the stairs...I didnt get up...

Fifth time she was really pissed and I knew it was best for me to get up...so I got up;=)

Today as an adult, I am still the same... the alarm rings, I turn it off on snooze at least 5 times before I go up and I love to sleep long;=)
somethings never change, right???;=)

43 comments:

  1. haha I think we all recognise that story! =D
    The flowers from one of your last posts looks very beautiful! Flowers are always nice :)
    I hope you'll have a nice day :)
    ~Night*Star~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning,Anette!

    Oh it's so nice the sun is shinning over there,in Sweden.Here,in Romania is still raining,unfortunetely :(

    Hope the coffe was tasty and refreshing =)

    Haha,I'm pretty much the same.I always put my alarm clock to ring at 07.00 a.m. in school time,to wake up,but I get up just after 5 minutes.I'm soo lazy :P

    Some things never,change that's totally true!

    I wish you a wonderful day!

    Greetings,
    Cristina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. True some things never change !!!
    My mom does the same thing.. every 10 minutes her alarm rings and every time she turns it off. she gets up 40 minutes later than the first ring ^^
    There are things that don't have the change..
    It's not wrong to need time to get up :p

    I'm really glad that the sun shines! It's the same here in belgium.. It is going to get hot !
    Enjoy your day Nettie !

    XxX
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha at least your mum was nice to you the first few times, mine just comes in and pokes me until I move!!

    Sometimes we all need to be a little bit lazy!!

    Have a lovely day,
    Holly xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Nettie! It's nice that Sun is shining in Sweden. Here in Croatia is sunny too...but a rain would be good too ;)
    I am also lazy while getting up early. I adore long sleeping :P
    I wish you all the best! Have a nice day!

    Love

    Ena :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is a tip for you:

    If you have trouble waking up you should get yourself a wake up light (Philips makes them). They are fairly expensive but the light will slowly come on half an hour before your alarm is due, simulating a sun rise. This works on your body making sure that you are not in a deep sleep phase when the alarm is due. I got one myself for the winter (because waking up in the dark is much more difficult) and I can tell you that waking up is now much more relaxed and you feel really energised because your body slowly adjusted to the "rising sun". And another great feature: you can choose your wake up sound (if the light did not wake you naturally yet): either birds, or waves at the sea or a forest etc.

    PS: I don't work for Philips, I just love my wake up light =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the double-post but I forgot to add the link for you:

    http://www.wakeuplight.philips.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. here in croatia is about 24 celsius, and when i looked for temperature in stockholm at 8:00 it was 20 celsius with sun shining

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Nettie!

    Yayyy! The sun is shining. That's great!
    We are totally alike in the waking-up thing.. Don't they understand? It's so hard getting up... :P
    And soooo true : Some things never change!

    Have a nice day,
    Dimitris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning,

    I feel the same on weekends, too much sleep is never enough. Though on weekdays I can always get up on time for school, even when I have sport before. i wasn't always like that though, a few years ago and it took my mum yelling at me to wake me up.

    I am lucky to have the sun shining all the time in Australia. We are coming towards the end of winter and approaching spring, which is my favourite season. Though a bit of rain every now and then isn't too bad =)

    Take care,
    jeriksson

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, this is funny, here in Hungary there were all sunny days, and now it's raining, exactly the opposite. XD But I'm happy that it's raining, because I don't like summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's why I set my alarm clock always at least an hour early, so I can hit the snooze button at least 5 times. Tricking myself like that helps alot for a long sleeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha ha you remind me when I was a kid!!! And it's still hard for me to wake up in the morning now :) But music helps me, something dynamic and/or joyfull. And then I wake up with the smile, ready for a new day. Maybe it can help you too.
    Have a lovely day
    Micka

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya Anette!
    Indeed, we all have trouble waking up :(
    I, for example, need to wake up at 5.40 each morning during schooltime so that I get to school at 7.30 and it is such a pain in the ass to do that during winter. :( I think the only solution when you're in the middle of a troublesome period like that, when you have to constantly struggle with little sleep, is to get a nap as often as you can. After lunch or, when you're on tour, some time before the show etc.
    I'm glad you have nice weather over there! I hope you enjoy your day with a nice outdoors activity or something to have fun! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hmmm... låter väldigt bekant:D jag vaknar jättelätt och nu på sommarlovet så får man inte sova så länge som man vill... men när det är skola så behöver min mor bara knacka i taket(mitt rum är på andra våningen) så vaknar jag direkt. eller så slår hon in dörren till mitt rum:D

    Ha en fortsatt solig och trevlig dag!

    //Ellinor

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL!!!! that is so me. when i have to go to school my mum comes into my room and says "Apple time for school" i moan and turn over that happends like 4 times then she kicks my door in and screams at me "GET UP NOW, YOUR GOING TO BE LATE!!" XD i love sleeping in always fun XD

    *Hugs and Bunnies*
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Anette.

    I hate waking up early, as soon as I go back to university I have to get up at 7.30 :( instead of 10am :D I am lazy.


    Oh and I bought from your Merch shop like a month ago and the people who run it are slow sorry :(
    Still have not recieved what I bought a month ago.

    Take care Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You turn the alarm off? I do that too, when I hear it, but usually I just sleep through 3 alarm clocks xD But sun absolutely makes getting up so much easier! Today I woke up at 7 because the sun was shining into my room.. I love that <3

    Have a nice day!

    xx,
    Nouky

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm absolutely the same in the mornings, Anette. :-)

    Mind you: if I could make myself go to sleep early, I would wake up early and like it. But I always find so many things to do at bedtime that going to sleep late is usually what happens, which of course means getting up late. ;-) Escapist is my alarm tune on my phone, though, so it always puts me in a good mood! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. sweet & funny thing :* it's the same for everyone :=)

    anette About the next round of questions...will you reply to the OLD ones you left behind?

    we wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha! I definatly know how this is , I was the same , but now it up to me to get up and go to work lol


    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning Anette! =)

    Yeah, it's the same old story he he. It happens the same with me, my Mum calls me everyday to have breakfast, otherwise I'd be always late to go to College xD ... she calls me 'millions' of times ... wish I could stay in bed all day with nothing to do =).

    Yay! The sun is sining in Sweden, great=D.
    Have a good day.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good afternoon Anette!

    Sounds like me when I try to sleep and my mother wants to drag me out of the bed :( Haha!

    I love sleeping too but not too long because I feel tired and sleepy whole day! I'm a night owl but decided to sleep early because my spine and eyes started bother me!

    We're having a really warm day over here too! I hope it will cool down though. Heat is killing me x.x

    @Katrin: That's so freaking cool! I never heard about that XD

    Have a great day everyone!

    Hugs,
    Karo E.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hehe. Anette how could You do something like that to Your mum? It's very funny!
    Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning!

    Until Saturady, I'm still in Texas.
    I hear it raining like hell in Ohio, but
    it isn't down here which is very unusual. It
    rains in Texas a lot more than people think!

    Yepp, spending a lot of time growing up
    near or with my grandma,
    means I've been getting coffee snuck to me
    since I was four! Good stuff.
    I actually just got my first coffee machine
    a couple years ago as a present. Of course
    it was my grandma who bought it for me!

    Same thing here! If it was early like
    that there was no way I wanted to get up!
    But I think I usually could make it
    to seven warnings before my mum got
    pissed...wow, how time has changed, she
    had more patience back then! :P
    But I always would fall back asleep in the
    car or once we got to my grandma's or
    aunt's(whichever was babysitting me that day).

    I kinda agree, I agree with if it's a
    school day, I do hit that snooze
    about 5 or 6 times before I know I've milked
    the situation for all it's worth.
    I have to sleep in on school days,
    because I'm up later,
    I have to watch Chelsea Lately!
    That show is hilarious.
    But on days without school,
    I really don't sleep in. I always have to be up for Golden Girls and
    Desperate Housewives :D And being 17,
    having those as the shows that get you up
    in the morning...is pretty pathetic...
    I watch weird things...


    But I hope you have a good day!

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Anette
    In France is the sun also shinning and very hot !
    Have a nice day ;)

    Love

    Moonlight

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Anette,

    I'm glad that you have nice weather.
    In Romania during the last 3 months the sun was shining a loooot and it's very hot outside!

    Well and the getting up in the morning is a very very hard thing for me too .............my alarm rings at 6.20 a.m so that there is any chance for me to get up at 7 ......I turn it up on snooze, as you do, at least 5 times then I turn it off and I fall asleep again and then I finally get up when my mum is in my room screaming at me, that she's leaving without me and school is far from where I live sooo I would definetly miss the first class if I don't go by car with my mum!!!

    Have a very nice day!!!

    Love,
    Herta

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Anette
    First of all thank you a lot for giving us , the funs , the opportunity to contact you . My message is not a response to your news but a confession of a fun which I was to shy to do when I met you in Rotterdam . It was about 2 years ago when I started searching for Nightwish again and I saw this music video with a new singer who looked heavenly beautiful , a super sexy rock mama and most importantly , sang with a celestial voice . I am so delighted that you joined the band and sooo happy to see how the guys are so calm and relaxed around you (I was watching all of you backstage in Ahoy) . It was because of you that I've knowdest how fantastic the song Ever dream is , your voice literally sends me to heaven when I listen most of the songs and especially Ever Dream . You must feel very honoured to be a part of the musical history and you deserve it 110% , Sweden indeed gives birth to amazing mucisians . Please continue to do what you do and I am sure that your beloved son will understand one day that his mom had to be away from him some times to serve her art in the highest form and please millions of people around the world . And by the way always care about the people who respect you and adore you , not the ones who hate you . According to the ancient traditions of my country the greatest honour that a person can achieve in his/her life is to immortalize his/her spirit and you have done that . Well done Anette , WELL DONE !!!!!
    Dimitri NWfun (some random Greek guy)

    P.S. Could you please post any comment so that I know you read my message .....

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear Anette,

    Here it is sort of the other way around. I am the one who almost always wakes up from ringing alarms, while my mother does not. She is kind of like you were as a teen. When she has to get out, she is like: "Yeah, I will be right there," or something similar, but five or even ten minutes later, there is still no sign of my mother, ha ha!

    At the time you woke up I was still awake, because for some reason I could not fall asleep. Very frustrating that is, especially given the fact that I did feel tired. Anyway, you write it is a sun shining day, so hopefully you have decided to go to the beach or sit in your garden or something like that. ;-)

    Have a great afteroon / evening!

    Yours,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Here in Brazil we had sunny days all during the month. You could say that this is the land of the sun. The good thing is that you can do many things. But the bad part is that it gets very hot. Here is 10:03AM and the heat is already :-(
    hehe tabem I did not like to study early. Generally I prefer to study late but had a time that I had to study in the morning. I was at school with a swollen face all of sleep=)
    Enjoy the sunny day here in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  31. Haha... I'm the same in the morning! And it's bad because I'd like to go to the gym before work so I really should wake up around 5 am already O__O

    Holidays are even worse -- sometimes it takes hours before I can be bothered to even take a shower so I sometimes find myself sitting here in my underwear, messy hair, no make-up, nothing done at 2 pm... :-p

    Good to know I'm not the only one who procrastinates... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Anette! Sorry for being out of topic but I just came back from shooping and I just wanted to write something! I went to ZARA and it had sooo many amazing stuff that I think you'd love too! Full of black,leather,studs and rock-ish style..!! I bought a nice little black skirt with a zip in the middle! :) And H&M had very nice Dr.Martens-like boots,I bought a pair in black!

    Have a nice evening!
    Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Christina: Thats sooo cool;=) Zara is a great store for good and a bit cheaper stylish clothes.. And the Dr martens sound really cool..I am gonna search for mine in the closet cause I want to use them now too;=) I am also shopping today and have found some amazing cool stuff and also a really nice pair of cool golden stud shoes at Scorett. i will show them later;=)

    ReplyDelete
  34. haha!
    what a troublesome little girl you were =P

    I know how you feel though. i love sleeping =D

    ReplyDelete
  35. In my village still raining and there isn`t sun ;(

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hahahaha, I´m now a teenager and I´m exactly the same :D I love sleep, but then I have to run to school :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. This happens to me in the weekends. My mom always tries to wake me up, but I only get up before the lunch.
    Sleep is so good and brings the mind and body renewed energy :D

    Hope you have sunny days ahead,
    Fábio

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have an alarm clock that plays my iPod in the morning and I can only get up if I put some very loud music on... this annoys the rest of my family.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I know the feeling. I love sleeping so I really hate waking up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  40. That's very familiar to me. If I should wake up at 8.00 and the alarm rings, I just turn the alarm to wake me up later and this happens really really often. =) Sometimes I even switch the alarm off, and of course I wake up too late.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hellu Anette ;=)
    Yep this is so right)_ I think we all do like this in our mornings. My mum doesn't get pissed off she gets angry so i get up too at the latest moment))_hhaha
    But sometimes it happens like i want to snooze for 5 more minutes and then sleep untill it's too late..i mean for an hour or more)_
    Inga

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hahah! :D
    This story was funny. It sounds nearly how I wake up.. I ALWAYS use snooze and still not wake up :D
    It´s a little bit bad thing, because sometimes I sleep in and to be late from somewhere, but I CAN´T wake up just right when alarm rings.
    And I hate when I must wake up early :S

    ReplyDelete
  43. never change anette , we love you !

    ReplyDelete