Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Todays inspiration and song...

...is the amazingly nice band Gossip and especially their singer Beth Ditto;=) She is for me, another proof, that never ever listen to what anyone else say about your dreams and goals...if you want something and are determined, you can do ANYTHING!!!

Get inspired by her story;=)

23 comments:

  1. The song is really inspiring =)and she has a fabulous voice!


    Hope you are enjoying your day!

    From all my heart,
    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anette! This is actually a really cool song! I really like her voice =D

    Have you ever heard of the band Metric? The singer and her vocal style are completely different, but the instrumentals are somewhat similar. I love them, personally =D. You should check them out! Here's a link to one of my favorite song:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqldwoDXHKg

    Hope you like them!

    Have a great day Anette =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree with you !! If you can dream it, you can do it !! And do all you can to realise that !!
    Kiss

    AL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, very interesting band. I hear some other songs;-) You know a band called Disturbed? I think you walked out of the same festival. It is a very good band to get your anger out, reducing the stress of the day;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a particular fan of the music of The Gossip but I really like Beth Ditto as a person. She just does what she thinks is best and if she wants to wear a mini dress she simply does, amazing! I really adore her for the positive body image she stand for. There are so many girls who get frustrated because they don't have the abs of Gwen Stefani, but instead they should look up to people like Beth who accept and like the way they are and just enjoy themselves.

    Beth often gets critised for her looks, but I think that people with such prejudices simply do not have any other way to vent their jealousy. Not so much in the sense that they want to LOOK like her, I think people who criticise people for their looks are often just jealous that they cannot express themselves so openly. You go Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That song gets in your head once you heard it..
    I think its good that people don't gudge about appearance.. Cuz she hasn't got the perfect body and stil this song made it ! Its a lovely one, makes me happy. I think it's very hopefull for the future :-)

    Kisses
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with that. I weren`t hear this song . Always we must belive in that what we are doing

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has a really cool voice, and it's true, just 20% of talent, and 80% of passion and you can be anything you want!

    Have you heard the swedish band "Diablo Swing Orchestra"? If you did, do you like them?

    The fusion of genres they do are really interesting!

    Have a nice day =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im not overly keen on the band , but I love her fashion style and range she done!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry but I read her story and I don't feel positively inspired by her 'image'.

    I have high respect for her, first of all.

    But my though today is:
    The body as the soul has its own dignity and I personally don't understand how a teenager can learn dignity or love/joy for life watching this:
    http://www.thebestgossip.com/uploaded_images/BETH_DITTO_GOSSIP_NEWS-765044.jpg

    this:
    http://www.bestcelebgossip.com/Vanesspics/beth-ditto-blue.jpg

    or this
    http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/beth-ditto.jpg

    .....?

    I just sense a heavy pain in her. Ok she was determined enough to SHOW her pain to the world and that's a thing. Ok she can sing like Janis Joplin and that's another compliment!

    But....
    You can be whatever you want, but what's the limit?? You believe there's no limit as long as you are happy with yourself? I don't think so. I think we ALL need a guide, not a judge but a guide, it's different so you won't be rebel if you think like that.

    Paris Hilton is not fat, that's why she doesn't get crowd's attention like this...and also she is 'old stuff', not the first, not the last...not a surprise like this anymore.

    If you also tell me 'look at this photo of tarja turunen', I will say 'this is elegance, dignity, respect, serenity, joy, purity and sensuality at the same time'( Of course it's not her merit but an natural inclination), but she won't attract the world media for her purity. the contrary....they will be a few that appreciate that..

    I agree when you say dreams are possible and thanks for that, really. Just disagree with the contest.
    But It's bad nobody will read my comment while those famous girls have the power to start a mass action following a new lesbian trend or stuff like that-

    by the way i found i nice pic of BETH, enjoy:
    http://www.thevine.com.au/resources/GALLIMAGE/Beth_Ditto_Gallery_02.jpg


    People watching us
    and the eyes are the mirror of our soul
    our body deserve to be honoured forever

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful song. Thanks once again to share with us.

    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." (Walt Disney)

    Have a nice day,
    Fábio

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that was amazing! I really
    like the sound of her voice.
    Have you ever happened to listen to
    the song "Stand My Ground" by
    Within Temptation? I love that band-
    they do a lot of really good songs.
    My favorites are that one,
    "Dangerous Mind" and "All I Need".
    I'm really getting into listening to them,
    Leaves' Eyes, and Delain. And of course
    for a while now I've really liked
    Lacuna Coil- "Our Truth" is an amazing song.

    But did you ever listen to that
    Plumb song I told you about- "In My Arms" ???
    Then there's this really techno rock
    song by Placebo called "Post Blue". Those are
    really great songs.

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you Nettie , if you really wish to be something , do something , you can do it!
    Beth has a nice voice! Really great! And the song is different too!

    Have a nice day

    Love

    Ena

    :*

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi anette, i red a little bit of her story and she is lesbian but i think that she is very tuff and thats good, and also i listened one song of your gospel choir and i really love it, the song is There Will Come A Day and i dont know if you posted it already but please share with us your past projects :) i love you, you are beautiful and i want to see you some day, thats my DREAM AND MY GOALS IN LIFE ARE KNOW YOU, SO IF YOU SAY THAT WITH DETERMINATION I WILL DO ANYTHING I WILL SEE YOU SOME DAY XD :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. AnetteOlzoncentral: Well, I agree that 2 of those photos caught her in a "bad" moment...we dont know what happened there either so hard to judge her on that. I know that its important to take care of the body and I am myself a person that wants to exercise and be healthy, but I do think she is a strong person to stand up for her body and apperance. Many people do have illnesses which make them bigger. One girl in my class at school never ever ate any bad food or candy, never...but still she was big...and it was because of illness... So, if Beth has PCO or any other disease she cant do so much about it. And also, even if she could but dont want to, cause she wants to go against the skinny society, its up to her and thats what I feel is so good about her;=)But weight and these questions always have different views and I do respect yours and understand what you mean too. Thanks for the input;=)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, Beth Ditto! They were in Poland this year for Heineken Openair Festival. Wasn't there but saw it on TV and they were awesome!

    Beth is really a role model. Doesn't matter what you look like, as long you're healthy and have a talent and faith in yourself. Everything is possible! She is the perfect example for it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gossip are quite popular here in my country :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know much about Beth, to be honest.. but I also admire the fact that she is who she is, and she is not afraid or ashamed of that, there's so much falsity in the world today that sometimes is good to see that some people are still true to themselves =)

    Have a lovely day, Anette :)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES this is a great song good choice =)

    Love

    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do you like Epica???


    thanks

    love
    isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think she's saying we should judge her on that, I think what she's trying to say is it's hard for someone to present themselves as happy with their image and proud of how they look, and then to do something that's not exactly...curtious. I don't care if she's not straight or if she's overweight that's not what matters. Sometimes what matters is how you act in public and the way you act when people comment on your behavior. You can't do something "demeaning" and expect respect for it.

    Yes, I agree that it really is nice to find someone who doesn't care about what others say and won't be influenced by it. That's why I like you, Anette. But people can't degrade themselves and expect evereyone to be okay with it. People as a dominant race, do not like change. It's threatening and intimidating. Once someone is different, it's hard to respect that. I understand, but there's easier, while still being strong, ways to go out there and voice your opinion. I think you can be happy with yourself and how you look, but I think there comes a time when you need to toe the line of other's respect instead of running right across it.

    And whether or not the girl has a weight problem is besides the point in my eyes. Being overweight, or any kind of disease really is a state of mind too. If she's okay with it, let her be. With my condition, most tell me I shouldn't listen to some of the more...emotional so to say, Nightwish songs I listen to or watch half the depressing movies I watch. But it's MY choice. And it's my way of helping me cope with the reality of my problem. If it gets you through the day and helps you feel better, then the more the merrier. But I think that you have to respect that people will comment and sometimes that's hard to handle.

    That's why- even though this maybe be a cheesy thing to say- I think one of the most important things to have is yourself backing up your decisions and also friends and family to support you. And as drastic as her statements can be, she's clearly got that ;)

    All around I think this is a hard thing to discuss for everyone, and we just have to have respect the fact that others may adjust to knew ideas sooner or later than us.

    Hugs and love, Katie T.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I heard about this band a couple of months ago ... I love this song very much =), but I don't know anything about the singer, I just know that she said some really bad things about Katy Perry xD.

    'If you want something and are determined, you can do ANYTHING!!!' - I totally agree =).


    Take care sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Anette!

    I've just listened to this song. Not bad, but the lyrics are better than the song itself I think. :) And if I'm here than I want to share my own inspiration song with you. It's called As I Am by Dream Theater. Here you can read the lyrics: http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/dreamtheater/trainofthought.html#1
    I always listen to this one if I'm frustrated or if I get uncertain about myself, and it gives me a hell of an energy and belief in myself, so it's a really big inspiration. :)


    Hope you'll have a nice evening,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete