The band Rise Against did a song for this cause... I know it's mainly against homophobic bullying but I think you can relate it to any type to disgusting bullying. The song and video is good and meaningful! Check it out!
Human Rights Campaign is also a really awesome organization (hrc.org)
I gotta say, it's really awesome that you're involved in all of this. I sometimes get frustrated at home when I'm discussing bullying with my parents. They say kids today are oversensitive, that when my parents were growing up bullying existed and people got on with their lives. I keep telling them that a) they're right, bullying has always existed, but that doesn't justify it; b) kids aren't oversensitive now, it's more like there's a million new ways to be attacked now and we're not giving children the right tools to stand up for themselves and expose their attackers; and c) people who think like my parents are partly responsible for what's going on, because they see the problem but dismiss it as unimportant or an exaggeration. Thankfully I was never a victim of bullying, and, to my knowledge, I've never bullied anyone, tho' my views on some things have drastically changed in the past few years. Now I do what I can to fight against bullying, even if all I can do is monitor conversations in Facebook where people get all aggressive and start attacking others based on their looks, views, or preferences. It may not seem like much, but I feel like keeping quiet would only feed the trolls, so to speak.
So when I see you encouraging conversation and providing links for people to get educated and start paying attention to their surroundings, it really warms my heart and restores my faith in humanity c:
Oona: Hi and great initiative! Hope everyone joins;=) Sleep well!
Alethia: Hi and thanks for your comment;=) Well, I dont understand why some adults say these things? I mean, either they havent understood the huge amount of ways to horass and bully people in the internet today or they just dont wanna see it. Its a totally different world we live in today and of course bullying has always been a problem and even if we didnt have internet, we could be bullied still. But to say that its just to go on with their lives arent always so easy. Some people have support from others and also maybe finds tools to go on and not bother or just go on with their lives, but many need help and if they do not get that, they can have scars for life. Thats why we need to talk about this and find tools to help before those scars are for life or before someone cant stay in this world. I believe in people standing up for each other and through not just hiding the problem but enlighten it for as many to see as possible, is what we need to do! Thanks and I´ll check out Human rights org;=) Sleep well!
anette I love you, I'm recording my new album and is inspired by you, the lyrics, the songs and the art are based on your person ,you'll be my favorite singer, all the best for this new beginning!
Before all of this, you were a big inspiration to me, to follow through with my dreams and no matter what, don't let anyone bring you down or try to destroy those dreams. Now with all you have posted about bulling and equal rights, you have officially become one of my top 5 most inspirational people in the world. Right next to Oprah and Ellen DeGeneres, you have done so much for people who have been hurt and are afraid to speak about what happened to them. You are such a wonderful human being. This may sound like an odd question, but is there an address or anything that I could send a personal thank you letter to? Hope all is well with you and your family :)
Ian; Hi! Wow, I love Oprah and Ellen too;=) But I am no where near them;=) But I would love to do as much as they have done. If I had a TV show I would;=) I dont have any mail address at the moment, but if you email my assistant: info@hagenburg.se she´ll give it to me;=) Sleep well!
Matias: Hi and wow!! Let me hear it when you´re done, promise?? Thanks so much, thats an honour;=)
Hey Anette thank you! The project is just fantastic, it's helped me before a few times. I'm also a fan Dan Savage and have just have so much for him and his husband doing this project. Also as well as Oprah and Ellen, politicians such as Barack Obama have even made videos for the project!
And lastly, why don't you make a video too for it? It's a great cause to help and definitely helps a lot of young people :D Once again thank you! Love Meghan xoxo
Hey There, and Meghan Thanks for the Link =) It´s so good to hear that there are so many People who made it thru the dark times.But also so sad, to listen to their Storys :-/ I´ve asked myself a long Time, why all these People hating me. But in the End i realized, that THEY have a Problem and i am Okay. So this Site may help everyone who stucks in a One way Street, shows again that noone is alone.
So to you all: Have a Nice day =)
And Anette: Thank you for giving me kinda second Family with all those beautiful People! Y O U A R E W O N D E R F U L!
Oh i have forgotten something i wanted to Post the Last time..So here i go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEM8bz7qeMU
Please dear Anette and all of you watch it. That´s real, that´s our Main Problem today. And think about, what would you do in Shanes Situation if you lost the Love of your Life? It made me cry, cause i am in a long relationship and we also need to write everything down. To take Care that the other Person is allowed to make the Funeral or stuff like that... I was shocked when i first saw it. But it´s exactly the Fact and i wish Shane all the Best. I wish all of you just Luck, Love and Happiness and hope such a story will never repeat...
hey Sun, i thought it was important to share it :) Dan Savage's video has helped me, and I do love the video Barack Obama made as well.
I know what you mean sort of, when I was younger I used to cop heaps of crap for being into heavy metal, but everyone at school mellowed out and I was respected for my dedication to it. But yeh, I just would not accept my sexuality when I was at school, didn't help having a physical education teacher who's meant to teach an open and honest approach to sex and sexuality being homophobic and calling it 'unnatural'.
and yes, no one is alone :)
I have seen that video before, is absolutely tragic, as I've heard Dan Savage say many many times, it does go to show how important it is for us to get equal rights where we don't have them, we absolutely need marriage equality so if something does happen we're not barred from seeing them in the hospital, funeral plans and what not....
And I absolutely hope nothing like it will happen to anyone here.
And luck, love and happiness to you too Sun :)
also, Anette, I really do think you should perhaps make a video for the it gets better project, sorry if i'm being a pest
This project is amazing! My entry is somewhere on that site as well, they do fantastic work. And hey, Anette.. It's good to have you back :)
ReplyDeleteHey Anette! Hope you are well!
ReplyDeleteThe band Rise Against did a song for this cause... I know it's mainly against homophobic bullying but I think you can relate it to any type to disgusting bullying. The song and video is good and meaningful! Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP4clbHc4Xg
Best wishes, Ryan.
Human Rights Campaign is also a really awesome organization (hrc.org)
ReplyDeleteI gotta say, it's really awesome that you're involved in all of this. I sometimes get frustrated at home when I'm discussing bullying with my parents. They say kids today are oversensitive, that when my parents were growing up bullying existed and people got on with their lives. I keep telling them that a) they're right, bullying has always existed, but that doesn't justify it; b) kids aren't oversensitive now, it's more like there's a million new ways to be attacked now and we're not giving children the right tools to stand up for themselves and expose their attackers; and c) people who think like my parents are partly responsible for what's going on, because they see the problem but dismiss it as unimportant or an exaggeration. Thankfully I was never a victim of bullying, and, to my knowledge, I've never bullied anyone, tho' my views on some things have drastically changed in the past few years. Now I do what I can to fight against bullying, even if all I can do is monitor conversations in Facebook where people get all aggressive and start attacking others based on their looks, views, or preferences. It may not seem like much, but I feel like keeping quiet would only feed the trolls, so to speak.
So when I see you encouraging conversation and providing links for people to get educated and start paying attention to their surroundings, it really warms my heart and restores my faith in humanity c:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/501607729850859/
ReplyDeleteI started my own group against bullying and it's also about my campaign ;-) so all your blog readers may join this group on Facebook! ^-^
Oona: Hi and great initiative! Hope everyone joins;=) Sleep well!
ReplyDeleteAlethia: Hi and thanks for your comment;=) Well, I dont understand why some adults say these things? I mean, either they havent understood the huge amount of ways to horass and bully people in the internet today or they just dont wanna see it. Its a totally different world we live in today and of course bullying has always been a problem and even if we didnt have internet, we could be bullied still. But to say that its just to go on with their lives arent always so easy. Some people have support from others and also maybe finds tools to go on and not bother or just go on with their lives, but many need help and if they do not get that, they can have scars for life. Thats why we need to talk about this and find tools to help before those scars are for life or before someone cant stay in this world.
I believe in people standing up for each other and through not just hiding the problem but enlighten it for as many to see as possible, is what we need to do!
Thanks and I´ll check out Human rights org;=) Sleep well!
thank you so much! This means a lot to me! Sweet dreams!
Deleteanette I love you, I'm recording my new album and is inspired by you, the lyrics, the songs and the art are based on your person ,you'll be my favorite singer, all the best for this new beginning!
ReplyDeleteAnette,
ReplyDeleteBefore all of this, you were a big inspiration to me, to follow through with my dreams and no matter what, don't let anyone bring you down or try to destroy those dreams. Now with all you have posted about bulling and equal rights, you have officially become one of my top 5 most inspirational people in the world. Right next to Oprah and Ellen DeGeneres, you have done so much for people who have been hurt and are afraid to speak about what happened to them. You are such a wonderful human being. This may sound like an odd question, but is there an address or anything that I could send a personal thank you letter to? Hope all is well with you and your family :)
Much love from the U.S.
Ian
Ian; Hi! Wow, I love Oprah and Ellen too;=) But I am no where near them;=) But I would love to do as much as they have done. If I had a TV show I would;=) I dont have any mail address at the moment, but if you email my assistant: info@hagenburg.se she´ll give it to me;=)
ReplyDeleteSleep well!
Matias: Hi and wow!! Let me hear it when you´re done, promise?? Thanks so much, thats an honour;=)
yes! of course, so soon!!! thanks for your words!!! ;)
DeleteHey Anette thank you!
ReplyDeleteThe project is just fantastic, it's helped me before a few times. I'm also a fan Dan Savage and have just have so much for him and his husband doing this project. Also as well as Oprah and Ellen, politicians such as Barack Obama have even made videos for the project!
And lastly, why don't you make a video too for it? It's a great cause to help and definitely helps a lot of young people :D
Once again thank you!
Love Meghan
xoxo
Hey There,
ReplyDeleteand Meghan Thanks for the Link =) It´s so good to hear that there are so many People who made it thru the dark times.But also so sad, to listen to their Storys :-/ I´ve asked myself a long Time, why all these People hating me. But in the End i realized, that THEY have a Problem and i am Okay. So this Site may help everyone who stucks in a One way Street, shows again that noone is alone.
So to you all: Have a Nice day =)
And Anette: Thank you for giving me kinda second Family with all those beautiful People!
Y O U A R E W O N D E R F U L!
Greets&Hugs
Sun =)
Oh i have forgotten something i wanted to Post the Last time..So here i go:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEM8bz7qeMU
Please dear Anette and all of you watch it. That´s real, that´s our Main Problem today. And think about, what would you do in Shanes Situation if you lost the Love of your Life? It made me cry, cause i am in a long relationship and we also need to write everything down. To take Care that the other Person is allowed to make the Funeral or stuff like that...
I was shocked when i first saw it. But it´s exactly the Fact and i wish Shane all the Best. I wish all of you just Luck, Love and Happiness and hope such a story will never repeat...
Greetz
Sun
hey Sun, i thought it was important to share it :) Dan Savage's video has helped me, and I do love the video Barack Obama made as well.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean sort of, when I was younger I used to cop heaps of crap for being into heavy metal, but everyone at school mellowed out and I was respected for my dedication to it. But yeh, I just would not accept my sexuality when I was at school, didn't help having a physical education teacher who's meant to teach an open and honest approach to sex and sexuality being homophobic and calling it 'unnatural'.
and yes, no one is alone :)
I have seen that video before, is absolutely tragic, as I've heard Dan Savage say many many times, it does go to show how important it is for us to get equal rights where we don't have them, we absolutely need marriage equality so if something does happen we're not barred from seeing them in the hospital, funeral plans and what not....
And I absolutely hope nothing like it will happen to anyone here.
And luck, love and happiness to you too Sun :)
also,
Anette, I really do think you should perhaps make a video for the it gets better project, sorry if i'm being a pest
peace <3