Saturday, 13 October 2012

Photos from New York

Hi all and a very happy saturday morning;=)

So, I checked my phone and here´s some photos I didn't post from New York. Since I love New York I walked around a lot. I had so many plans for my day there but as you know, time flies and I didn't go on the sightseeing bus (next time), I didn't see Central park and go for a jog there (next time), I didn't see Ground zero (next time) and I didn't see the statue of Liberty (next time);=)

Next time will be when my children are older so me and Johan can fly over and be there for some days and see everything;=)

For now - here´s some memories from this time:

My new shoes from Tod´s that I bought at SAKS Fifth avenue. They are really comfortable and since I love leopard print and probably will be one of those old ladies wearing only leopard, they fit me perfectly;=)


My wonderful and breathtaking view from my hotel. I stayed at the 47th floor so very high up and it was just amazing to look down from my window;=) The hotel was in the middle of Times Square and Broadway so close to everything;=) I walked and walked all day and I loved to see all the people and feel the New York vibe!


 Took some photos of the neon lights of the buildings in Times Square in the evening;=)


I ate great sushi and Edamame beans in the evening. Love sushi;=)


 I love New York and even if I don't wanna live there forever I could see myself sing in a Broadway show for a year;=) I walked past Evita where Ricky Martin sings now and the Lion King, Phantom of the Opera and so many other nice shows;=) Like Londons West End I could feel the music floating;=)


Thanks New York for the wonderful memories! See you another time;=)





39 comments:

  1. Nice pictures dear Anette! :)) New York is on my list too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anette my dear...I'm so happy because you are here again...I made an account just for posting this comment...Thanks for being here again...I missed you alot! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sushi too. <3 So healthy and delicious.
    And I wish I can visit NY someday as well. My cousing lives there, but it's quite expensive to visit from Spain. >_< Maybe in the future.
    I know it won't happen, but I wish you could tell us more about your departure from NW... Are you still getting along with the guys? Will you be at the movie premiere? Sorry if I bother you with these questions.
    Best of lucks for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you keen on traveling? As people say, lack of it is one of the main points we'll regret about in the future)
    I think that New York is a city of breathtaking views but it's a bit... heavy. You know, too much stone and glass and tourists usually feel so small there. Is that why you don't wanna live in New York forever? Guess, the atmosphere of Sweden fits you mush better)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anette,
    Nice pictures from NY ! I love it too...
    I was in Ny during 3 days in august... 3 wonderful days ! I was with one cousin who lives in NY, so I visited Manhattan during the 3 days (I was really tired after), but really I love it.
    You can do a cruise for going to see the statue of liberty, brooklyn bridge et mid-town ;-)
    Oh and your hotel was just near a french restaurant "Au tout va bien", you have to go there it's a really nice place ;-)
    I'm really happy to read your post yesterday !
    Have a nice saturday (here it's raining all the day... so boring)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday I saw a part of a rehearsal of some Norwegian musical on TV (must admit I don't remember what it was) and immediately thought about you. :) You would be so perfect in a musical! So, go for it! I've never been to USA but I will come to Broadway and see you! :D

    And I still live in hope to see you in Hartwall Arena... but... The most important thing is that you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pics are breathtaking.I can't imagine how exciting it must have been,being there.Is NY as busy and chaotic as everyone pictures it to be?I have this imagine of it as a big,beautiful city,but just too 'fast' to live in it.
    Have a nice day,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anette !

    Thanks for the share and I love sushis too so yummi^^ (my favorites are Salmon^^)

    enjoy your day
    Love
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breathtaking! I have always wanted to visit NY, yet i never had the chance. Maybe someday :) Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Times Square looks awesome! One of the most epic place in the world and one of the place that I want to visit;) And it's great to see your smile again! I just wanted to ask you what about a cyst? Do you need surgery? Hope everything will be ok. We - your Hep-hep army - with you;)
    Have a great evening! Best wishes from Russia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nettie!
    Gosh, this photos are awesome... I really like forests and be in the nature, but I must confess that a big city like NY drives me crazy! hahaha
    Actually, when I read what you wrote, I started wonder how would it be if you sing in a Broadway show.. It would be just.. AMAZING!
    I bet it would have a kilometric queue to see it.. But, truly, it's not impossible, is it? You're an awesome singer, and amazing just the way you are, I bet it would be the best musical ever! Do you also like to act..? And then, do you have this in mind: being a musical singer..?
    Kisses <3,

    André.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Anette!
    No so long time ago I left New York, where I lived several months. It's really crazy city for me, the city that never sleeps at all:) Since my childhood I had a dream to see The Phantom on Broadway and I did it:) I was so happy ans crying almost the whole show:)
    Nice pictures, and I'm so happy that you are again with us:)
    Lots of love for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That show in NY was absolutely incredible! I'm glad you enjoyed the city as I much as I do. Hopefully I can see you play somehow in NY again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! These pictures are so beautiful!
    I hope to visit New York one day,it looks like it would be fun.
    Have a great rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics. I love the New York vibe too. For a little while at least before I start to miss the woods where I live now.

    You would be so good in Broadway musical!! I would come see you!! Maybe I would get to meet you this time. :)

    Happy Saturday!!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you get a chance to visit my hometown of Chicago Anette?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool View!!, the only reason i could travel to New York, its to see the different musicals that are there!! my favorite ''The Phantom Of The Opera''...............

    By the way, you were close to amy lee house!!, shame she's on tour now, i would love a picture of both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for photos!:-) they are beautiful! Memories are important for us, especially positive. Great!:-)
    Want to see NY one day, too.
    Lots of love to you and your family, my dear)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've always wanted to see NY! Thanks for the photos. :) If you went to go do a show in NY, I would definitely go for a few weeks and see it each night it plays. :) (Assuming it's in a few years once I have the money to do so! :P)

    I heard Jessie J was going to write a musical. Whatever she's doing would definitely be interesting with you in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anette, when you want, visit too my hometown Lima, in Perú ;)
    Please!!! :D

    Ricardo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos, Anette, looks like you had a wonderful time! I never saw New York, but I sure would like to! I think it's wonderful that you got to see and explore these places, they will make a great memory for sure, and a fantastic place to go back for holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I dream to go to NY one day, those pictures as beautiful, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good evening Anette. I've just got in from work : )

    I really like your pics of New York. Especially the ones you took from the 47th floor of the hotel. They look fab. You know how to take a really good picture.

    Cheers for sharing. Goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Anette :D It's nice to see you on the blog again, and I'm glad you're feeling better. Upon going to see ground zero, you should know that there a building has replaced it :( It's a nice building, but ground zero is no longer there...

    I'm a New Yorker, I was VERY upset when I found out about this...

    Enjoy your night and your tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Anette :D It's nice to see you on the blog again, and I'm glad you're feeling better. Upon going to see ground zero, you should know that there a building has replaced it :( It's a nice building, but ground zero is no longer there...

    I'm a New Yorker, I was VERY upset when I found out about this...

    Enjoy your night and your tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Anette! Thanks for posting the photos, they are wonderful. I loved your shoes and the view from your hotel room. Both are beautiful. I would like to visit NY some day
    Lots of love my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness, if you were on Broadway, I would run to see you in a heartbeat!! You could do it! You have a strong voice and you always connect deeply with the crowd. Who knows what the future holds? I'll keep my fingers crossed...

    I think your sons will love Central Park. There's a really nice indoor complex in the park that's built to look like a rainforest. The building has bats, piranhas, and all kinds of strange animals that little boys just love. And for girly girls like you and me--the polar bears are a beautiful sight.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  28. anette, i must agree i never was a fan of nightwish with you as a front but now i've gained huge respect for you. for me it wasn't easy; i had hard time seeing someone replacing dear tarja, and the fact that it was a pure hearted swedish made it even harder. and now i see how relieved you seem and i myself am finally able to see how great person you are, makes me smile, i hope you feel the same :)
    your place in nightwish was meant to last only a while, and it's okay. but i'm sure i'm not the only one who understands your pain and strength only now. i'm just happy at least now i finally did it and that's why it makes me even happier to see you continued blogging and hopefully we'll hear your solo material soon(er or later) to see the wonderful anette olsson in all glory you deserve and to inspire people to make difficult decision with HEART under pressure ;)
    i hope all strength to you and your beloved ones, we're waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi dear Anette ^ ^
    I really love New York, and across the country from the United States, I want to live there =)
    Very beautiful city * - *
    Thanks for the photo, it's beautiful ♥
    Kisses.
    Isabella, Manaus-Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  30. man... I wish I can visit NY now, maybe one day soon :D
    Thanks for the post Anette :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. mayaSofia: Hi and thanks for your kind words;=) Take care!

    Lesly: Hi! Oh, I didn't know that either;=( Then I won't see it one day then. Take care!

    Ricardo: Hi! Well, I would had been in Peru in november but not now, sorry;=( Maybe some day in the future;=) Take care!

    Harrawrson: Hi! Wow, Jesse J is doing a musical? That sounds interesting;=) I love musicals and always has! Take care!

    Marcin: Hi! Yes, I did;=) We played there in september and I went to the city to do some shopping in TopShop;=) I have actually preferred when we´ve played House of Blues there, so it was a bit disappointing this time when we played another venue. There´s just something special with House of Blues;=) Take care!

    André: Hi! I went to acting classes in my 20s and also went to the musical school for a while so yeah, acting when it comes to musicals;=) But I don't think I want to act in a movie though. Thats much harder! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got to check out some of the city. Post some pic of the stuff you bought from TopShop soon!

      Delete
    2. Anette, I know, don't worry... Anyway, I wanted to try :D Thank you so much for your response, You're the best ;)

      Ricardo.

      Delete
  32. She hasn't mentioned it lately, so I hope it's still in the works! Glad to hear you're familiar with her. :) You take care, too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yeah, but if you ever come in the fall/winter, definitely go to Central park, It's a big, beautiful place, and there's that WONDERFUL autumn smell :) If you ever bring the boys, or if you just go with Johan, they have iceskating there, you should do that. It's a wonderful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I dream of traveling to New York, so maybe one day ... my dream will come true.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi!
    I haven´t checked the blog some time I didn´t expect you so soon. That´s great! I hope I will visit New York some day. Nice pictures! And I see another tattoo which i didn´t know until now. What is it?
    Have a wonderful day!
    Matotu

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anette;

    I grew up in New York and STILL didn't get a chance to see everything. An entire lifetime is not enough to see all this great city has to offer... :)

    ReplyDelete