...cause she is so strong to do this and I applaud it! Watch it and listen cause she is saying really important and good things! And I´m happy to see she´s gotten over 10 000 000 viewers on this;=)
Someones looks, weight, appearance it NOT what matters!!! Its the inside, how we act as human beings, our talent in what we do and how we treat others that matters! I wish people could stop just seeing the looks of a person and instead appreciate the person for who they are!
Sunday, 21 October 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've seen this video before, good on her for sticking up for herself, her weight and appearance don't matter, as long as she's doing her job well is what matters.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, people should just appreciate people as they are, and how they act as a human being, not on their appearance or anything else that is superficial.
:) She's an amazing woman, such a big inspiration, thank you for sharing this Anette!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Nettie
ReplyDeleteThe outside look is not important, but the look inside is what makes a human being. It's not about the looks, it's about the heart.
That good in the heart makes a man...not the perfect look, or hair or anything else.
Thanks for sharing the video :)
I can say that you are a beautiful person inside and out. Thanks for always being so kind
Big hugs
Ena :*
Den som skrev detta är förmodligen en som höll på att mobba överviktiga under sin skoltid, som nu i vuxen ålder fortsätter med det genom att linda in sin mobbning i hälsoskäl och hennes ansvar som offentlig person. Så otroligt lågt, blev själv antastad av mobbare i skolan just pga övervikt, och det lämnar ärr som aldrig riktigt försvinner.
ReplyDeleteI wonder when or if people will ever stop bother about someone's weigth, and bully them because of it!? Like this is the biggest problem on Earth, when there's so much more going on and unfortunatelly few DO care!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the video, I spreaded it immediately.
Beautiful & strong lady! Very brave to speak out like that & she is SO very right I agree with her 100%
ReplyDeleteThankyou for sharing Anette
Sory you had bad dreams...i wish you happy dreams for tonight
Kisses
kelly
xxx
I can't understand why so many people only see someone's appearance ...
ReplyDeleteSometimes people ask me, if someone bullies me because I look a little bit different than "normal" people do.
It's like if they expect that people who look different are bullied. But the appearance doesn't mean anything.
Hi, Anette!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this video with us.
It came to me at the right moment, really, because since not that good things happened to me these days, I've been thinking about the following issue:
I kinda noticed that when I really like the personality of someone who is sweet, kind, tolerant and open-minded, I see him/her so beautiful, that I neglect all the things about his/her looks that some people might judge since they don't know that person.
But when I get to know somebody who has a disgusting character and had betrayed my trust or lied to me, I see him/her as ugly as hell even if they have Hollywood looks.
I really liked what the lady said and I am so amazed how strong she is. And by her words at the end of the video I didn't think of her as "the lady that was bullied by some idiot who is obviously the one with problems about his self-esteem" but as "the lady who was brave enough to stay there and speak up".
I wish more people were like her.
Have a nice day, Anette!
Big hugs,
Thea
This video needs to be shared by everyone everywhere.Our looks are not the things people should care about.Yet,today's society seems to think otherwise.One's always either 'too fat',or 'too thin',and that increases bullying.Ads aren't good for self-esteem,either.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this,I might present it to my class as soon as I can,
xx
This video is just AMAZING!
ReplyDeletePeople that choose be with someone because their looks/weight are just stupid and have a brain almost smaller as a pea.
I'm little chubby myself and was a time i got hurt because this kinda comments, specially here in brazil when the most girls like to show their body and butt but i'm not like that, i'm better than this and i don't have to show my body or anything else to get attention, so.. i don't care.. really really don't care!
That really incredible, thank you for sharing. She's setting a better example to kids by addressing that email publically than if she were to do what that person who wrote the email said and look okay according to the media.The most important thing is loving yourself and being able to see yourself in the same way as the people who love you see you.
ReplyDeleteI hope your nightmares pass. I know when I get them I'm almost afraid to go to sleep, and that's not good for the body. Maybe watch a fun kid's movie with your sons before bed?
Have a wonderful day!
Love and Hugs,
Caitlin
I completely agree that looks shouldn't be the most important thing and judging someone by their look is completely wrong. And I absolutely agree with this woman.
ReplyDeleteBUT, looks do matter to a certain point of course. The people chosen by the media are often the "above average looking" ones... So I just guess it's not wrong to appreciate beauty.
With that said, I think appreciating beauty (which is also subjective to a certain point) is part of our nature and it's not a bad thing... What I think is wrong is to judge PURELY based on appearance.
Don't get me wrong, talent/skill and the inside is still more important than that, I agree.
It's just so unfortunate to see that people are too judgmental and rude to each other appearance (and not only) nowadays and tell such things, everyone and specially kids really need to know that there are people like that and how to deal in that situation.
Take care and have a good day! :)
I think I read somewhere that she has Hashimoto's disease, an autoimmune thyroid condition that causes all kinds of weight (among other) problems. I have it, but my thyroid swings the other way and I kept losing weight down to 100 lbs and could not put any back on no matter what I ate. I got a lot of hecklers telling me to eat more, that I was too skinny, that I had an eating disorder. It hurts when you know that you are doing everything you can to get healthy and look healthy but your body is sick, so it doesn't work -- and no one considers this when they make those cruel comments. I don't think anyone would tell an obvious cancer patient that they're "too thin and need to eat something!" Just because you can't see an illness doesn't mean it isn't there, and I wish everyone treated everyone with more compassion and kindness. I have so much love for her standing up on air and putting these people in their place. Our health issues, real or perceived, are no one's business!
ReplyDeleteWow!
ReplyDeleteHow stupid a human being can be!Stupid is the most polite adjective I can find to describe that man who wrote that email... What does that JERK have in mind?
Well, the woman said everything. I just want to say that what she did was admirable. With her words, she helped a lot of people, and put SOME people on their own place. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT OF JUDGE AND MOCK SOMEONE BECAUSE OF WEIGHT, LOOK OR ANYTHING ELSE! A HUMAM BEING IS SO MUCH MORE THAN THIS! What everybody see is just a cover. What's inside is what truly matters.
Well Nettie, thanks a lot for sharing this. As I said before, I was bullied and one of the "reasons" for this was my overweight. This video really inspired me, and now I want to share with my friends, with everybody who suffers because of their weights, specially.
But, once I'm in Brazil, I'll add subtitles on it, and then share. It might be toilsome, but it will be worth it!
So Nettie, thanks a lot again!
Kisses,
André.
Hello Anette, I'm a 21-year old medschool student.
ReplyDeleteSince Junior High because of depression led me to gain weight and almost hit 100KG.
People tend to insult and mock me while I was taking a walk on the street. It made me develop paranoia if I had to go outside of my house or classroom.
Friends at school were not any help either.
Most of them, especially the guys, they would insult me, calling names or making faces and so on.
I was in so much pain because no one befriended me, because of this I started to blame myself, my depression got worse.
Now, I'm healthy, not thin but not that fat. But I always relate to stories about overweight/obese people who got bullied. It's not fair to judge people by prejudices or even calling ugly names to people.
That's why I thought of you as a role model.
Thank you Anette.
I work at a TV station and see viewer hate mail and hear viewers like this all the time so it's refreshing to hear one of them stand up to them.
ReplyDeleteI work as a director so I'm not on air so I'm free from this form of bullying but all the time I'll hear "so and so sucks" or "she's so ugly how do they let her on air" or tell me their fantasies about the good looking ones. It's disgusting how they are treated like they aren't real. I mean many people on air aare my friends so its frustrating having to listen to strangers tell me how much my friends, "suck".
Having said that I can only imagine the crap our on air talent have to face themselves. They are just doing a job like you or me. We don't go to these bullies' jobs and tell them they are fat,or they should never wear that purple dress cause it makes them look terrible.
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not by any of you but I wonder if the reporter was a man would this have been an issue. What I mean is women are clearly unfairly treated differently with regards to looks. It's ok to be an overweight guy but it's much much worse to be an overweight women it seems. Terrible double standard.
Finally that reporter gets the last laugh for sure since her brother is Ron Livingston from "Office Space" so by default she is cooler than her bullies lol.
This woman is very admirable and inspirational. Very few people have the strength and courage to address a situation like this publically.
ReplyDeleteI also found it very heartwarming that so many people gave her supportive comments on Facebook, most people I know would turn a blind eye towards this, it's nice to know there are still loads of nice, supportive people in the world. :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWell indeed obesity is dagerous but instead of saying something like that, maybe I urge this person to try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQv1JBZ197Q&feature=relmfu (not offensive I promise), couldn´t find the whole show. If someone treats me bad for being overweighted I just don't care and if things goes nasty and my integrity seems compromissed well i have to respond. Unfortunately not everyone has the same mental strength nor can deffend themselves neither interact with the nice people i normally deal with, not everyone is so lucky.
ReplyDeleteAnd just as a critic and not with the intention of making dispute, obesity is something that also must be taking care of because I see more obese people as time goes by but if you are going to urge someone to lose weight you cannot brake their spirit, better not do anything if you are not confronting the issue propperly because the outcome could be or the person tries but gets so depressed that he or she ends up with more weight or he or she ends up with anorhexia.
She's incredible! people never get satisfied and they say horrible things about appearance of the others, if someone is thin is bad, if someone is fat is bad, if someone it's in a normal weight, also is bad. We are beautiful in different ways and I hope one day we can appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this video!
Ricardo: Hi and I agree to some extent that yes, obesity isn't good for your health and so on, so if you are an overeater and not exercising you can do things to get thinner. But sometimes an obesive person has an illness that makes him/her big and then its not that easy, I have people I know who suffers from problems with thyroid diseases and then no matter what they do, the body just doesnt want to loose the weight. So I do agree to what you say, but some people can't loose their weight as easily. And if you are an overeater its an addiction and you need to get help to get better. Thanks and take care;=)
ReplyDeleteDalma; I know, people are judging to hard for various things. But for me, I know what you mean with red haired having more temper, but still I would love to have a daughter who is red haired and has freckles;=) And my favourite is Pippi Longstocking cause she is tough and taking care of herself;=)
And Jonathan is just super talented! What a voice! So who cares about his size? He can go how far he wants if he just gets the confidence to love himself for his size;=)
Charlie; Hi and sometimes people do show their good side and thats when we can see that there still is goodness in the world;=)
David: Hi and yeah, I also find that its different if its a woman or a man. And its the same in the music business. I get called fat but have you ever seen someone call Marco or Tuomas or Troy fat? No... So it is mainly women who get called fat, ugly and so on and also the whore-madonna thing is crazy. If you´re good looking you get those nasty comments so thats not nice either. I have had some really nasty comment in this blog with sexual character and it just got worse and of course its not nice but I guess that person needs some help and so does the people writing to your news readers. Take care and thanks;=)
Mirrorcle; Hi and I feel so sad to read your story, No one should have to go through that;=( People are just cruel and insensitive and its a shame! I´m happy you are better now and believe me, I´ve been super thin to the extent I was to thin and that didn't make me happy.I was constantly freezing, even if it was 25 degrees outside, I got more hair growing in my face and on my body, I felt depressed all the time and had temper issues. I never liked my body and thought I was fat when looking in the mirror and still, I was thin as a stick. So, I rather have some fat on my body cause then my brain also has more fat and therefore functions better and I can think straight;=) Take care!
André: You are so right and its great you want to do things;=) Thanks!
Xinalynn: You´re so right, it can go the other way around too and if you´re to skinny people will say mean things too. So its not only a problem just one way around and therefore its a bit crazy. We can't be to thin, we can't be to big, we should be in the middle but if we are then we are chubby and so on... so I don't know what those people want? Seems in their eyes no one is perfect.
Pedro: Hi and well, normally media people and artists are chosen for their looks not only talent so yeah, you're right there. But I don't approve with that, I think we need to get more variation into those businesses. Here in Sweden we have a girl as a tv host for children who´s in a wheel chair and thats great. Its important to show that we all are different but still the same.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteAnd then of course you have both camps making it worse for each other, people who need to gain weight envying people who want to lose it, people needing to lose weight envying people who want to gain it and not believing that the other side is struggling just as hard as they are -- I had a friend in college that was a beautiful plus-sized model and was very outspoken about loving your body and positive self-image, it was fantastic. But in the same sentence she would refer to "those skinny bitches". In spite of all her "positive self-image talk" there was a lot of resentment for "skinny bitches" in there, like positive self-image doesn't apply if you're not overweight -- but most people aren't too skinny on purpose any more than most people are overweight on purpose! It just happens, like having naturally brown eyes or blue eyes or being tall or short, and I hope someday we can treat it with the same acceptance. Thanks for your replies... it is so nice to keep hearing from you and see such wonderful discussions here. <3
DeleteHexpixy; Hi and yeah, its good that she did it that way and as she said: don't you think I know I am obese? She does and since she has an illness I am sure she has tried many things to loose weight but due to the illness she can't. So its not like she doesn't know about this and therefore the email is even more ridiculous and mean.
ReplyDeleteKaroline: Hi and yeah, I agree with you;=) Good that you do what you feel and not what others do;=)
The dead unicorn; yeah, it doesn't matter if you´re to big or to small, people tend to pick on both.
Music of the Night: Hi and I do agree with you;=) Some people can look perfect on the outside but if they are "mean" or bad, that doesn't matter and then they can be ugly to you still.
Luna: Hi and no, appearance is actually nothing. The person is what matters,=)
KellyJane: Hi and thanks;=)
Sleeping Sun: Exactly! We have so many bigger things to take care of and I wish people understood that and acted against the bigger things like poverty, injustices and so on.
Anette: Ja, säkert. Det är iallafall ngn som är osäker på sig själv och måste hävda sig och visa makt mot andra. Sorgligt!
Ena: Hi, you´re so right and I think a person can be "glowing" if they have a kind heart no matter how they look;=)
Giulia: She is;=)
Trina: yeah, I wish so too and maybe one day people will see this.
Meghan: Yeah, they should!
Hi Anette!
ReplyDeleteI did not see this post earlier since I have had a busy week, however, I think this woman is AMAZING!Being able to take such hatred and turn it into positivity, towards herself and others. Have a nice day.