I wanted to share this article I came across. I don't know if you follow much of what goes on here in the U.S. politics wise. But this young man did a very courageous thing to stand up for bulling and help to stop people from using the word Retarded. I happen to have a younger brother who has Down Syndrome so this hit close to home. Thought you would want to read it.
That article is beautifully written, and I would absolutely agree with the man that being held in comparison should absolutely not be an insult. Needs to be further education on the issue so that people do realise that there are very articulate and intelligent individuals who do have intellectual disabilities.
And I hope your brother is treated with the respect and dignity he deserves and has a great life :)
And Ann Coulter is a hateful bigot anyway, definitely not shocked that she would be degrading any particular group in a swipe at Obama.
Ha...very funny owl =) I think it is pefect how you've started your day! =) Btw, i've begun my day with song "The Crow, the Owl and the Dove". Beautifull song!!! like it so much! mm...your sweet voice :-) Enjoy your day now, dear!
Very nice, and an encouragement for me to try to make my morning coffees a little less hectic than they were in the last weeks. I really like the atmosphere in these pictures!:-) It looks like the owl has a sad look in her eyes, was it too early for her?;-)
Daniel: Hi! For me, the mornings are so important to feel a bit cosy and now when its so dark and cold outside even more;=) Lighting some candles helps to make the mood lighter. And yeah, I feel in love with the owl due to the sad eyes. I thought she looks so fragile and wanted to come to a warm place;=)
Pedro: Hi! Yeah, need to find me those too;=)
Ian; Hi and thanks for sharing that! He wrote such a good respond to her really horrible statement! She should know better and hopefully now she´ll think twice before posting such a stupid comment!
Good morning Anette :)
ReplyDeleteI wanted to share this article I came across. I don't know if you follow much of what goes on here in the U.S. politics wise. But this young man did a very courageous thing to stand up for bulling and help to stop people from using the word Retarded. I happen to have a younger brother who has Down Syndrome so this hit close to home. Thought you would want to read it.
http://specialolympicsblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/an-open-letter-to-ann-coulter/
That article is beautifully written, and
DeleteI would absolutely agree with the man that being held in comparison should absolutely not be an insult. Needs to be further education on the issue so that people do realise that there are very articulate and intelligent individuals who do have intellectual disabilities.
And I hope your brother is treated with the respect and dignity he deserves and has a great life :)
And Ann Coulter is a hateful bigot anyway, definitely not shocked that she would be degrading any particular group in a swipe at Obama.
Thank you for your kind words :)
DeleteYou're welcome mate :)
DeleteHa...very funny owl =) I think it is pefect how you've started your day! =)
ReplyDeleteBtw, i've begun my day with song "The Crow, the Owl and the Dove". Beautifull song!!! like it so much! mm...your sweet voice :-)
Enjoy your day now, dear!
Good morning Nettie!:)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day!
Good morning Dear Anette and I wish you have a good day !!
ReplyDeleteLove
Isa
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteNeeds to be there a Crow and a Dove too :)
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day!
Very nice, and an encouragement for me to try to make my morning coffees a little less hectic than they were in the last weeks. I really like the atmosphere in these pictures!:-)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like the owl has a sad look in her eyes, was it too early for her?;-)
Have a nice evening!
Daniel: Hi! For me, the mornings are so important to feel a bit cosy and now when its so dark and cold outside even more;=) Lighting some candles helps to make the mood lighter. And yeah, I feel in love with the owl due to the sad eyes. I thought she looks so fragile and wanted to come to a warm place;=)
ReplyDeletePedro: Hi! Yeah, need to find me those too;=)
Ian; Hi and thanks for sharing that! He wrote such a good respond to her really horrible statement! She should know better and hopefully now she´ll think twice before posting such a stupid comment!
Mary Anne; In the flower store;=)
Isa: Hi and the same to you;=)
Katherine: Hi and the same to you too;=)
Serafim: Hi! yeah, its a nice song;=)